• Published 31st Oct 2012
  • 3,598 Views, 13 Comments

Naughty Dragon: Director's cut - MischievousDragon



A wayward spell makes Spike large and out of control! Rarity is going to have a day she won't forge

  • ...
6
 13
 3,598

The. Worst. Possible. Thing?

Twilight just sorted her large collection of books... again and was happy to have completed this task. While she was cycling through her vast library of books when one particular book caught her interest. In it were several spells she had not seen before, but one seemed especially useful, a spell for enlarging any object. The description mentioned that it could enlarge living creatures, but the results would be unpredictable. Twilight quickly realised this spell could solve any potential food shortages and make life much easier for her farmer friend Applejack. Excitedly Twilight read over the spell. It seemed a little more complicated than what she was used to, but Twilight Sparkle was sure she could handle it.

She fetched an apple from the kitchen, placed it on top of her books by the door and sat a short distance away. Twilight read over the spell several, making she sure she knew exactly what to do.

"Ok, lets do this!" Twilight said confidently.

She closed her eyes, focusing solely on the apple. After a long burst of concentration, the apple lowered and hovered into the air, Twilight smiled and opened her eyes to get another glimpse of the fruit, then concentrating on what was in front of her, she closed her eyes willing the apple to grow larger. The apple seemed to stretch- then the door was abruptly flung open.

"Hey Twilight, whatca doing?" Spike asked casually

"AH!"

The apple sent flying. Twilight was still briefly in a meditative stance when the purple glow transferred to spike. He looked confused and stared at his hands as he started to grow.

"W-What's happening?"

"Spike!" Twilight said in a panicked tone, with a mix of alarm and worry. "You were supposed to be cleaning downstairs!"

Twilight could only watch as her helper slowly increased in size. Spike found the sensation strange and disorienting, his height increasing in quick bursts, but not unpleasant. He felt oddly amused when he rose past Twilight Sparkle and she could only stare in shock at him. It made him feel oddly... powerful.

This time around Spike's appearance wasn't changing, only his height. He kept the same youthful features, they just grew proportionally. Twilight soon had to crane her neck upwards to see more than Spikes belly.
"Are you alright?"

"Yeah! I actually feel pretty great!" Spike answered. The growth WAS energising him.

Spike's growing body hit against the bookshelves, sending some books tumbling to the floor.

"Spike! Be careful I spent hours sorting those!"

"Opps.. sorry" Spike tried to shuffle away from the books, but his tail hit against the shelves as he moved, knocking more over to Twilight's annoyance.

Before long Spike hit his head against the roof. He tried ducking down, but his growing head soon burst through the ceiling.
Twilight was panicking and flicking through her book frantically. Spike however, was looking down on the outside from his new perspective. The ponies and buildings below looked a lot smaller, and as his size increased they started to look more and more like toys. Spike felt... different, like something inside him had changed mentally. A curious and mischievous smile built up on Spike's face as his shoulders burst through the roof. He started to climb out.

"Later Twilight, I'm gonna go play outside."

"Spike wait! I have to find a way to fix this and you still haven't finished your chores! I said no going outside until-"

Twilight was cut off as Spike "accidently" knocked over a few shelves, scattering books.

"SPIKE!" Twilight yelled with OCD rage, and scrambled to pick up books with her magic. "Get back here now!"

Spike ignored her and jumped down to the ground, the ground shaking from impact. Twilight thought about giving chase but the books were scattered all over the library and what could she do anyway... she would have to come up with a plan soon enough but first....

Ponies scattered and panicked at the sight of him, much to his amusement. He made a token effort to grab one of the fleeting mares, giving chase until she turned down a thin alleyway.

Spike tried to chase some of the others, but they had already scattered, and he wasn't quite as fast yet. His attention was drawn to the houses he was rising up next to, the bright colours catching his eye. With his increasing size they really did look more and more like toys, and Spike felt as though he were in some kind of model city.

He peered through one of the windows, grinning mischievously at the shrieking resident he saw. He made a token effort to to grab her, but she dashed away quickly, and his large stubby arm was still too short to catch her.

Spike wondered what else he could. He wasn't yet quick enough to catch the ponies, though would likely be able to do so when he grew larger. The brightly coloured houses caught his attention again and another idea entered his head. He wondered if he was strong enough to move them yet. Giving a push, he found a pinkish house moved surprisingly easy. He lifted it up, surprised at his own strength. To the annoyance ponies inside he built a small tower of houses of different colours. Spike made a playful face at the ponies inside and flexed his arms.

"I bet Rarity would be impressed at would I could do.... Hmmm Rarity..." Thinking about Rairty he felt strange and eager. Almost immediately every thought in his mind was directed towards Rarity. His heart fluttered and his smile widened. "I think I'll go see her."

Spike gave a wicked laugh and stomped towards her house. More ponies fled as he stomped through the street, reinforcing
Spike's feeling of power. He felt like a huge and might monster, laughed again and let out the most fearsome roar he could manage. Which would have been laughable at his normal size, still possessing a childish pitch, but certainly inspired the ponies to try and flee quicker. This time he actually managed to grab one the fleeing ponies by the tail. Spike slowly hoisted her into the air as she futilely tried to flee.

"Hellllooo there."

She let out a high pitched scream and "ran" faster.

"Come on I'm not going to eat you or anything.. I doubt ponies taste that good anyway.

She let out a louder shriek. Spike held his ears with his other hands.

"Awww this isn't as fun without someone who knows me."

Spike put her down carefully and she sped away.

By the time he reached Rarity's house, he towered over it. Spike licked his lips in anticipation. Crouching down he pulled up to Rarity's window. She let out a shriek, turned to run, then looked again.

"Spike is that you?"

She felt an unpleasant sense of deja vu.

"Heyyyy Rarity" Spike grinned, his teeth.

"What happened to you?" Rarity asked in astonishment.

"Twilight flubbed a spell and I'm going to make the most of it!" Spike said eagerly.

"Again?! Around here you'd think that happens every other day!" Rarity complained.

Spike reached out for Rarity, his claw breaking apart the window frame and some of the wall around it.

Rarity back away and raised her eyes in shock.

"Spike! What do you think your doing?!" She said with a mix of fright and indignation.

Spike paid her no heed and reached out for her.

"This isn't like you Spike!" Rarity yelled out to him.

Seeing that he wasn't going to listen, Rarity ran away, moving out of Spike's longer but still limited reach.

"There! You can't get me now!" She said haughtily. "Now what's gotten into you?! This isn't the Spikey Wikey I know and love!"

"Love?!" Spike questioned. He stopped, obviously taken aback.

Rarity looked embarrassed.

"Well... to be honest, I'm not completely certain, I mean you are a bit young for me."

Spike look annoyed. Rarity was a little fearful but continued on.

"But I am quite certain I care deeply for you!" Rarity said, gaining confidence. "And the Spike I know wouldn't behave like this!"

The young dragon stopped to consider these words. Rarity smiled, thinking she had got through to him. Spike stared at her with increasing intensity. Rarity stepped forward, still smiling only to leap back as Spike tried to grab her again!

"Didn't you listen to what I just said?!" Rarity said with a mix of hurt and anger.

"I-I don't know, I feel strange, but... Spike want!"

"Not this again! Once is enough thank you!" Rarity said leaping out of the way. She quickly backed out of his range.

"Spike, really! What has gotten into you?!" Rarity pleaded again.

He clutched his head and groaned.

Is this a side effect of Twilight's magic or has his size gone to his head? Rarity wondered. She waited apprehensively, wondering how Spike would react. Again he tried to grab her. She sighed sadly.

"I am very disappointed Spike! Anyway it won't work, you can't reach me with those stubby little arms!"

"Don't be so sure.." He flashed his wicked smile again, and lifted the roof off Rarity's house.

"Eeek!" Rarity shrieked. Her first reaction was fear, her second indignation. "Hey. be careful with that!"

"What you mean like this?" Spike carelessly dropped it to the ground causing numerous cracks.

"What do you think your doing?! That's my home and office!" Rarity was so annoyed she forgot any fear.

Spike went to grab Rarity again, and she gave his open palm a fierce kick. The scales of his hand were so thick he hardly felt it.

"Come on Rarity, play nice!" Spike said mockingly.

He stood up and slowly lifted her into the air. Rarity felt a brief sense of awe as she saw just how large he was, before she went back to trying to squeeze out of Spike's grasp.

"I"ve got you now, my little pony!"

"Spike! Please! This really isn't like you, your a sweet young dragon" Rarity said desperately, trying to turn on the charm.

"Well now I'm a big strong dragon!" Spike said, flexing his arms. Which still weren't very muscular at all. Rarity had to suppress a laugh.

"I think I preferred you as a small cute dragon....." Rarity complained.

"Why?! So you'd have someone to follow you around everywhere, to hang on your every word, desperate for attention and acknowledgement and do what ever you asked?!" Spike said angrily.

"Yes?"

Spike looked unamused.

"Oh come on! Its obvious you were more to me than that! I did chase after you when you ran away, and I helped you win approval with those dragons!"

"So did Twilight and Rainbow Dash..."

"Well yes, but she's like your mother or something." Spike gave her a look as she said this. "Well I don't know! Your big sister or something?! How is any pony supposed to know? She hatched you so technically....." Spike's look increased and Rarity hesitated and changed the subject. "And well, Rainbow Dash was kind of along for the ride. I mean she helped and all but it was me and Twilight who did all the planning!"

Spike did seem affected by this and paused to contemplate Rarity's words. She smiled, only to look in horror as Spike moved his claw towards her! She shrieked in fear and tried to get out of the way, but was unable to move.
His claw came down and... gently stroked Rarity's hair. Rarity hmmmed uncertainly, but a part of her found it oddly relaxing.

"Yeah I'm not going to do anything bad with you, but I'm taking charge for a change! I just want to hold you in my hands and now sure what to do with you now...."

"Hmmmph... Is it really necessary for you to kidnap me?" Rarity sounded a bit less annoyed, though was still didn't seem completely happy with the situation.

"Don't dragons normally kidnap pretty damsels?" Spike said playfully.

"Hmmph. I thought after the last incident you vowed never to do this again!"

"What do you mean?" Spike asked, honestly a little confused

"Kidnap me and go on another rampage! You vowed never to let you greed get the best of you again!"

"This isn't a rampage!.... exactly... I just wanted to go outside and play then I realised their was only one thing I wanted."

"What's that?"" Rarity asked.

"You."

"How very flattering." Rarity said sarcastically. Despite her tone, it actually was kind of flattering.

Spike dangled her in front of his eyes, inspect her.

"What are you doing now?!" Rarity said with a mix of fear and indignation

The large boy twirled her around slowly.

"Now that I have you in my hands here I just wanted to inspect you. You look small and delicate, yet oddly even more beautiful, like a perfectly crafted figure."

"Thanks.. I guess" Rarity said, genuinely not sure how to take it. She guessed it was rather flattering, on reflection.
Rarity waited impatiently as Spike inspected her more.

"Do you mind? I am not something to be gawked at all day." She said haughtily.

"Sorry.. your just so cute!"

The young dragon suddenly gave her a tight hug. Rarity was alarmed at being pulled suddenly closer and tried to yell out.

"Mmmph!" Rarity yelped. She feared Spike might hurt her, but he was surprisingly careful. It was still a uncomfortable, but at least his belly was surprisingly soft, cushioned with a small layer of puppy fat.

"Opps sorry, guess that was a bit tight" Spike maintained the hug, but loosed his grip somewhat.

The hug felt strange, but oddly comforting, and as a dragon, Spike's belly was pleasantly warm. This wasn't what she'd expect from a guy or what she thought she'd want but in his embrace she felt oddly safe and couldn't help smile a little, in spite of the situation.

The hug eventually ended.

"Well that was ok I guess..."

"I could sit on you if you prefer." Spike joked

"NO! Anyway I don't think my body could handle your large backside..."

"You saying I'm fat?" Spike said in a faked tone of anger.

"N-no its just I'm.... rather delicate?" She fluttered her eyes at Spike.

"I thought you were a marshmallow?" Spike stuck his tongue at playfully

"No Spike I am not a marshmallow." Rarity stuck her nose up indignantly. Spike giggled.

Their was a pause. Rarity noticed Spike was still growing larger, though at a slower rate. He was already more than twice
as big as her house and she wondered how much bigger he would get. At least she fit into his hand easier.

"So how much bigger are you going to get, anyway?" Rarity asked, trying to appear casual but sounding a little concerned.
And yet a part of her would feel safe and protected... though on the other hand she didn't exactly enjoy Spike dragging her around like this.

The growing boy shrugged. "I dunno. Maybe large enough to hold you on one of my claws?"

The thought sunk into the Rarity's head. She shook her mane, clearing her mind.

"So what are you going to do now?" Rarity asked.

"How about a date?" Spike said suddenly

"This is hardly the proper way to ask..." Rarity complained

"I said I was taking charge!" Spike said happily. "Come on, it will be fun!"

Before Rarity could say anything else spike was already stomping through town. This time he took no notice of the ponies
running away from him. He saw a food stall and looked down. The clerk ran away as soon as Spike's massive foot came down to the stall. Spike bent down, scooped up an arm full of food and nibbled at it.

"Man being big and walking all over town really works up an appetite.."

"I hardly approve of stealing you know..."

"Come on its just food, and the stall was abandoned anyway."

"Only because you lumbered past it."

Spike ignored her and took another bite.

"Want some?"

"Well.... if you insist"

Spike smiled and move Rarity close enough to eat.

"Mmmm this really is good stuff!" Rarity exclaimed

"I know right?"

"We should totally remember this place next time! If the owner isn't scared to death of you..."

Spike kept walking through town.

"So where are you taking me anyway?"

"Somewhere alone and beautiful." Spike replied excitedly "Somewhere I've always wanted to take you, but never had the
courage to ask you to go to."

"... And I suppose theirs nothing like being ten times your size to find some courage." Rarity said snarkily.

"Exactly!" Spike said, aware of her tone but not being bothered by it.

"Are we nearly there yet?"

"Soon, it won't take me long as this size" Spike increased his walking speed.

"Careful Spike! Watch the road!"

"You know I really hate a back seat driver...." Spike said with an annoyed stare.

"Well I'm not too crazy about the whole kidnapped thing!" Rarity retorted.

Leaving Ponyville, Spike climbed a large hill, carefully balancing Rarity. He soon arrived at the top and sat down, placing
Rarity on his lap and gently stroking her.

The sun was starting to set, though their was still around an hour left and various colours pierced the sky.

"Wow. It really is quite beautiful." Rarity said admiring the colours

"Isn't it?" Spike said, back to being an excitable kid. 'You can see why I always wanted to take you here, I knew you'd love it!"

Rarity smiled and looked up at him " I have to admit you do know me well... Spike I-"

The moment was interrupted by the loud banging of hooves, moments before a huge shadow loomed over Spike.

"SPIKE! Your in big trouble buster!" A familiar yet amplified voice called out

He looked up and behind, only to see a a huge(more than twice his size) and annoyed Twilight Sparkle looming over him.
Spike suddenly felt very nervous

"Playtimes over buster! Its one thing to run out on your chores and mess up my books that I spent AGES sorting out, put messing up the town...seriously? Your kidnapping Rarity?!" Twilight scolded.

"My hero...." Rarity said snarkily.

Spike was sweating bullets.

"Well... errr.. see.."

"Your going to be grounded for a long time..."

"Well it wasn't so bad, Twilight. He treated me very well and did show me this lovely sunset." Rarity spoke up, feeling very small next to the two giants. "And can you really punish him? You were the one who botched the spell!"

Twilight looked at the ground, obviously embarrassed. Spike blinked in surprise. Rarity was coming to his defence?

"B-but he wrecked the library, ran out on his chores, caused chaos all over Ponyville, and RUINED MY FILING DAY!"

Spike and Rarity both gave Twilight a look.

"Ok maybe that one isn't quite as important... even if that's HOURS Of work down the drain, but did you forget the obvious? he kidnapped you!"

Now Spike looked embarrassed

"Well yes... I guess their is that." Rarity said awkwardly "But this isn't really as bad as it looks, honestly. Whatever happened to Spike, he's still treating me well enough... mostly." She glared at Spike, thinking of certain happenings, and he looked sheepish. "Well he seems to have gotten better as the day has gone on, which makes me wonder, how much of Spike's bad behaviour is Spike and how much of it is your wayward spell?"

Twilight flushed with embarrassment then honestly wondered, trying to calculate the answer.

"So in a sense, everything is all your fault!" Spike said.

Twilight glared at him "Don't push your luck!"

Spike looked sheepish and Twilight went back to trying to thinking about that spell.

"You know... I really don't know. The spell was supposed to have "unpredictable effects" on living things." Twilight rolled her eyes upwards as she recalled this. "How are you feeling Spike? Do you feel like you?"

"Uhh..." Spike sputtered, trying to think of what to say on the spot. "Well I feel like me now, but yeah, uhh the spell made me go completely crazy, mess up Ponyville and kidnap Rarity! It was all the spell!"

Twilight glared at him supicously. Spike tried to make a poker face, but quickly folded, smiling awkwardly in a way that made his lie obvious.

"I knew it! You are soooo going to be grounded!" Twilight said triumphantly .

"Now be fair, dear." Rarity mediated. "I'm being so suddenly large must have had a shocking effect on him. And like I said, this really hasn't been SO bad. Hes made sure I've been unharmed, and I have to admit I might just enjoy this evening"

"Yeah, totally!" Spike nodded vigorously. Twilight was still looking at him suspiciously.

"You really don't mind, Rarity?" Twilight asked confused.

"Well not as much as I expected..." Rarity said, trying to hide the fact she kind of liked where she was, and that maybe snuggling up to Spike's oversized scaled body wasn't bad at all.

"Well... he did case panic in Ponyville, and I passed your house and it really looked worse for wear." Twilight said.

"Yes, I admit that I did not like that at all." She looked up at Spike "You will be fixing it Spikey Wikey won't you?" She said in a somewhat annoyed tone.

"Y-yes of course!" Spike said quickly.

"Don't worry, I already fixed it." Twilight said with a sigh "I guess this size does have some use..."

"Anyway" Rarity chimed in "This spell must have had SOME effect on his mind at least, I mean what about you? How did you handle it?"

"Well... I took sometime to read over the spell very carefully before I even thought of casting it, so as far as I can tell I was still the same me after I cast it." Twilight said analytically.

"Are you sure it didn't have any side effects?"

Twilight rolled back eyes, thinking some more.

"Not that I rem- oh wait I guess I am a little more high strung." She admitted.

"Anything else?" Rarity asked. "It took you a while to get here."

"Well, I had to make sure I got the spell just right, I mean I didn't want to end up rampaging around Ponyville or be stung with some other side effect!" Twilight said indignantly, then embarrassment entered her tone. "Oh... and after I grew I stopped to reorganise all the bookshelves."

"Seriously?!" Rarity yelled angirly. "A giant dragon, your assistant I hasten to add, kidnapped me and wrecked unknown havoc down town and you were SORTING YOUR BOOK SHELVES?!"

Twilight looked very embarrassed, then apologetic.

"I'm sooo sorry! I saw them lying there and it was driving me crazy! I had wanted to go and find Spike, but when I grew and saw those shelves I just couldn't budge until I had fixed each one!" Twilight was deeply apologetic, then looked thoughtful.
"Hmm, if my desire for order and tidiness "grew" when I grew, then maybe the spell also enlarges the subjects..." She looked at Rarity or Spike.

'Ohhhhhhhhhh" Twilight said out loud, realising she had basically put her hoof in her mouth.

Their was an uncomfortable period of silence as all three were quiet.

" Well, I guess that might explain it in part..." Twilight said, wanting to break through the awkwardness. "But I still don't know how much of your bad behaviour was you or the spell!" Twilight said in her disciplinary voice. I suppose we'll have to work this out later." She said

Twilight looked over Spike's shoulders.

"Huh... that is actually a really nice sunset." Twilight said, forgetting her anger.

The three of them watched together for a few moments.

"Anyway Twilight, would you mind leaving us for a bit? Your kind of ruining the moment."

"Seriously?" Twilight raised her eyebrows.

Rarity glared at her.

"Ok, ok" Twilight carefully walked down the hill. "But when your done, I'm going to have some serious words with you Spike! Well... I guess if this is your fault."

Twilight walked away and Spike looked sheepishly at Rarity.

"So uh.... where did we we leave off?" Rarity asked. It was going to be a strange but enjoyable night and one she wouldn't soon forget.

Comments ( 13 )

Fix up the spacing, please.

That ... was SO weird.

I personally think it would've been less uncomfortable and more fun if Rarity or Twilight had turned gigantic.

Not bad. You really need to add a extra enter between paragraphs, though. You could go into emotional depth further, but it was still quite enjoyable. You missed capitalizing Spike once. Honestly, I'd probably throw a romance tag on this since it actually goes quite well for Spike and Rarity. There's a few tense issues, and the universal number for the pause with periods is three, although more may be used for emphasis.

Poor Spike, he's gonna take the butt of the complaints and anger for Twilight screwing up her spell.

1538820 Hmm thats a point. Thank for your comment, you've inspired me to rewrite this story and the ending, and I hope the finished product is much better now. Let me know what you think.

1551997 It as quite a nice improvement. Still have some issues with your layout though. Some stuff seems to ahve gotten hit with a enter in the middle of the sentence or paragraph.

NVC

I loved the original edit, and I freaking love this new version. The spacing is a tad distracting and there were some small spelling errors, but if you need a proofreader I'll be glad to help. And here's a free mustache! :moustache:

Not bad, not bad at all. :pinkiehappy:

I found this story quite amusing! :pinkiehappy:

The BIG date they wanted,:raritywink::moustache::twilightoops:

"Man being big and walking all over town really works up an appetite.."

And so he popped Rarity into his mouth and ate her.

His excuse later, "It was all the gem dust she was wearing! I snorted too much! I was under the influence!"

:trollestia:

Login or register to comment