• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 1,451 Views, 34 Comments

Friendship is Equal to or Greater than Magic - Fanon Canon



Twilight casts a spell on Spike and tells him to go talk to as many ponies as he can.

  • ...
9
 34
 1,451

More Like Scarcity

"Spike, oh Spike!" Rarity exclaimed in delight when her eyes found the diminutive dragon in question, being escorted by Time Turner to the front desk, and before he could respond, she had brought her front hooves around him in a very comforting but slightly possessive embrace.


"I'm fine, Rarity." The shocked little dragon managed to call out, whilst inside he was immensely grateful to at last lay eyes upon her.


"You're dumb right you're fine!" Rarity exclaimed in response to his causal statement. "After all those things I head from Twilight about that spell she cast on you I assumed the worst. Don't you put a dear friend through something like that again, okay?"


"Okay." The little dragon admitted, before having one or two things to say himself. "Y'know, I was looking all over for you."


"Yes I know." The unicorn replied. "But we can talk about that later, I absolutely must thank this stallion first for getting you safe, mister err?"


"Dr actually." Time Turner replied and Spike could see where he was going and made a quick interruption.


"Just Dr Time Turner." He cut in just as the doctor was about to list his achievements. "And I wasn't in any danger anyway."


"Now how can you be sure about that Spike, who knows when you might have run into some nasty pony, and with that spell of yours, it's amazing you've managed to get this far." Rarity replied with much cautiousness to her tone.


"If I might cut in for a moment." Time Turner said, drawing her gaze to him again. "But if you mind, could I have a closer look at you, just to check something."


"What?" Rarity said taken back, but Spike could see the reason behind his query.


"It'll only take a moment." The doctor pleaded, though Spike doubted that for obvious reasons.


"Umm… go on then." Rarity accepted, and before she knew it Time Turner was suddenly looking deep into her eyes with a quizzical expression about him.


"Hmm, makes sense, okay I've come to a conclusion." He said shortly after, and Spike picked up much quicker than Rarity did.


"What kind?" He asked curiously.


"You." Time Turner addressed Rarity. "Are not under the effects of the spell."


"Spell? You mean Twilight's?" Rarity responded quite slowly.


"Of course, you have retained your usual composure and mannerisms, unlike any other pony that has come in contact with Spike. You must be some special pony, heh." Time Turner causally retorted.


Spike would have asked more of him, but the doctor beat him to it.


"Now I know you've probably got a load of questions." Time Turner quickly stated. "But I'm sure your Twilight teacher should be more than capable of answering you, and I've got some important business to attend to, so if you don't mind."


And with that he bid the duo farewell and made his way back into Town Hall, leaving them just a little speechless.


"What a smart pony." Rarity exclaimed in silent awe.


"You have no idea." Spike simply replied.


"Well we should probably head on back to Twilight's at any rate." The unicorn mused, Spike agreeing and the two made their way out of the building and onto the Ponyville streets, not too far away from the library.


"Y'know I've had quite the day." Spike said aloud, hoping Rarity would prove the conversation he had hoped for all day.


"I know." She replied. "Twilight's been all over the place with all these feelings you've been getting her."


"Neat." Spike pondered, thinking to himself of all the gemstones he surely would have earned by now.


"Course, it's given me plenty to worry about." Rarity continued.


"I know that." He replied. "What kinds of things are making you worry?" He asked sincerely.


"Well our friends of course." She replied.


"Oh yeah." He acknowledged for he could share her concern.


"I mean." Rarity started. "Just look at poor Fluttershy, Twilight's been telling all sorts of things that don't sound very Fluttershy-like to me."


"Yeah." Spike simply said, fully aware of his conversation with Fluttershy.


"And Rainbow Dash." Rarity continued. "I'm not too sure about her, but it looks like she's lost her excitement for sports."


"I may have had something to do with that." Spike admitted.


"Well of course you do." The unicorn retorted. "But I don't blame you, you weren't aware of what you were under."


Rarity's caring manner was becoming far too much for Spike, considering what he had been through today, but he could understand why she would act that way.


"And how about…" He began. "Pinkie?"


"Pinkie?" Rarity repeated. "Can't say I'm familiar with what she's like, I didn't bump into her, and she must be taking her time."


"You could say that." Spike noted, suddenly looking forward to the reaction Rarity would give upon meeting Pinkie Pie.


"But as for Applejack." Rarity continued with a notable shudder to her. "I do not like the direction she's going in."


"Yeah." Spike continued his short replies, his mind far too busy in thought about his pony friends to formulate a more appropriate response.


"But on the bright side." The unicorn continued, regardless of whether Spike had replied to her in any way. "At least I'm the still same old Rarity."


"Yep." Spike confessed.


"Wonder why that is, maybe the spell doesn't affect unicorns." She mused. "Though I'm not entirely certain about Twilight now that I think about it."


"Really what's she been up to?" Spike now asked with newfound curiosity.


"Well her usual self, just much more bigger." Rarity stated, and Spike wasn't sure whether that was good news or not.


"Must have been quite the day for her, then." He causally said.


"It's been quite the day for you as well." She responded. "Never done so much chatting with so many ponies myself."


"You can say that again." Spike said, letting out a yawn.


"Never done so much chatting with so many ponies myself." Rarity repeated, before catching Spike's disapproving eye. "Oh."


The unicorn went quite after that, thinking of the events of the day and what lay ahead for her little dragon friend. Spike on the other hand was growing quite weary, having done much thinking and was looking forward to the opportunity to lay his feet up and not have to utter another word for the night.


Eventually they came to the library, a sight for sore eyes in Spike's case, though the thought of all those ponies with their eccentric attitudes in one room did cause some understandable trepidation in the little dragon's form.


"Well now Spike." Rarity addressed him. "Ready for one last talk?"


"I guess so." He duly noted, and bracing himself for what would come next, he knocked on the door.