• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 1,451 Views, 34 Comments

Friendship is Equal to or Greater than Magic - Fanon Canon



Twilight casts a spell on Spike and tells him to go talk to as many ponies as he can.

  • ...
9
 34
 1,451

Pink and Circumstance

To Spike it looked pretty much like a bakery should look like, if he couldn't make out any signs of life. The strong scent that was driving his appetite mad was in full force here and he almost forgot why he was there, so he was just about to properly investigate his surroundings better, until…


"Greetings and salutations, my fine friend of mythological origin and diminutive stature, I must inquire as to what is the purpose of your unexpected but appreciated visit today." A very strange monotone voice made Spike jump, as he turned to see the stallion to whom it belonged to.


But it was no elderly colt that greeted him, but instead the very pony that he was looking for. But it took Spike a little longer to register that little fact.


"Your posture and sudden silence as to my presence suggests that you are indeed confused and bewildered by my sudden change in vocal proficiency. This is an understandable reaction, as I have not displayed any similar impressions in any of our previous interactions." Pinkie Pie explained, but Spike was still trying to wrap his little dragon head around the voice that was coming out of her mouth.


He really, really, really wasn't expecting this at all. He did his best beforehand to brace himself for whatever effects the spell would likely have on the raspberry earth pony, but this was just too much for him, but finally he managed to get some words out.


"Umm, Pinkie?" Was all he could manage, a short display of words that paled in comparison to what she had to say.


"Your short and faltered sense of speech indeed confirms what your body tone has made clear beforehand." She went off again. "If you will forgive me for my use of repetition, but that is once again a very understandable response, as anything else would indicate some prior knowledge as to my sudden expansive vocabulary and lexicon."


"Err." Spike was now desperately trying to understand what she was saying; it wasn't quite like she was talking in an entirely different language, but maybe that would have been preferable.


"Considering the extensive cavity in both our vocal patterns." She once again started; he had no idea how she managed to say the words in perfect clarity without stuttering. "Perhaps it would be a preferred outcome if I was to give you adequate time to properly fluctuate a sentence without constant interruption."


"Okay." Spike could understand parts of what she was saying there, though with immense difficult. "So you want to know why I am here, right." He guessed.


"Your half-hearted conjecture has proven truthful, for that is indeed the subject of my previous query, to which I am now awaiting the answer with immense eagerness." Pinkie Pie replied, and Spike was just about getting the hang of understanding her.


"Well, Twilight send me to talk to you, and I guess Mrs Cake as well." He informed her.


"In regards to the latter, I can form some understanding as to why my proprietor and employer would present some alarm at my current state. As for the former, I can only make a half-hearted assumption that she either was informed of my verbal aliment and proved too eventful to find time to investigate herself and instead, looking upon her mythological companion and assistant saw fit to send you in her place. Are any of my assumptions well placed, dearest friend who I shall now grant the courtesy by addressing him by his proper name as Spike?" She said.


"Well." Spike would have asked her to repeat herself by he doubted he had the time to go through that again. "No, not really. She just sort of wanted us to chat, y'know."


"I say!" Pinkie Pie suddenly exclaimed. "So my dear friend and associate has not had any knowledge as to my current state and instead simply sent you along to indulge in a pleasant conversation out of the goodness in her heart. I am unsure as to whether this is a positive or negative outcome to the minute conundrum presented here." She mused.


"Well actually." Spike cut in a little slower then he would with most ponies considering her speech. "After we're had our chat, she said to come on back to her place for a meeting with the rest of the gang."


"Indeed. So there is certainly some form of purpose as to your visit then. Very well, I shall be more than happy to oblige you and attend my fellow legendary anthropomorphic animal that originates from European folklore and mirrors any mammal belonging to the taxonomic family Equidae such as myself, save for the addition of a singular, pointed, spiralling horn that protrudes from its forehead's meeting. However, there is but one small task in mind that I must attend to here, for it would be discourteous of me to simply leave this fine delicacy producing establishment in such a state, without first creating at least one singular diminutive treat typically seen as a much smaller form of cake, only capable of serving one person." The pony explained without so much as a single stutter.


"So?" Spike really needed a long time to himself to understand what she had just told him, now feeling like he was trying to communicate with a pony talking in a completely different language. "You want… to make a cupcake, and then you'll come along."


"That is indeed the challenge that I currently face as of the moment, I must praise you my fellow mythological friend for such a deduction." Pinkie Pie said sincerely, and before Spike knew what he was doing he was suddenly helping her make cupcakes.


Not the easiest thing Spike had done today, whereas the Pinkie Pie he was used to treated everything with a lovingly air of playfulness, stepping over any hiccups along the way in her juvenile self, this Pinkie Pie was much, much more formal about the whole procedure. He wasn't sure if she was getting the job done faster, especially when it came for her to relay baking instructions to him, often forgetting that there was a time factor involved, and they ended up ruining many batches, but eventually after many attempts they produced exactly one cupcake that looked healthy enough to eat.


"I am forced to admit that the result of the process we have just experienced has proven fortuitous to us both, as we have at long last managed to produce one miniature delicacy capable enough so that it may be ingested without the consumer suffering any negative afflictions upon their well-being." Pinkie Pie exclaimed as they gazed upon their creation, Spike simply glad it was all over.


"Now that this preliminary assignment has been completed to a satisfactory level, I am only complied to restore this area into its original unspoiled state." She continued and went about the task without waiting for Spike to offer a hand.


Now with the bakery in an organised state once again, Spike and Pinkie Pie left Sugarcube Corner, Mrs Cake seeing them off with some worry as to what Pinkie would get up to out in the open.


"Well now Spike." The raspberry coloured pony announced. "I assure you that you needn't burden yourself with the process of supervisory guiding me to the library where our mutual acquaintance resides. In fact, as a gesture of good will, please help yourself to the fruits of our joint labour." She finished, offering him the cupcake.


"Thanks Pinkie." He replied with gratitude and wasted no time in helping himself to the sugary treat.


The duo made their farewell, Pinkie Pie setting off in one direction at a ceremonial pace whilst Spike dashed off in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres, realising how tired he was, both with making cupcakes and through talking to the pony, and he imagined that Twilight would be in for quite the surprise when Pinkie Pie turned up on her door.