• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 1,452 Views, 34 Comments

Friendship is Equal to or Greater than Magic - Fanon Canon



Twilight casts a spell on Spike and tells him to go talk to as many ponies as he can.

  • ...
9
 34
 1,452

A Sunny Spell

Celestia was silent, observing the... Spell with a feeling she could not quite decipher.

"Well?" The Spell asked, it's strange masculine voice through the image of a disproportionate Twilight was one of the likely causes for her state of quiet awe.

Celestia blinked several times, trying to find the proper words to say to a sentient spell.

"Umm... you're, you..." She muttered, not quite conducting herself yet.

"You know something." The Spell said. "I might not know an awful lot about pony customs, what with my origins being so... un-pony like. But I think this state that appears to have befallen you has gone on for long enough. Would you not agree?"

"That's... one way of putting it." Celestia found herself agreeing with the Spell.

"Oh, one of several." It replied. "But, on to business, I imagine you have a few questions to query this humble sentient spell."

"Just the one." Celestia replied. "Why Twilight?"

"Why, why Twilight?" The Spell asked. "I'm going to assume you mean why have I chosen the form of your student to manifest in this little dealing of ours, correct?"

"Yes." Celestia replied, getting quite impatient with the Spell.

"Well, why not?" It replied. "Why shouldn't I take on the image of my progenitor."

"You're... progenitor?" Celestia repeated confused.

"But of course." The Spell replied. "Was it not she that rose me from the vast emotionless expanse of shrouded magics, give me form, and tell me to go out and spread my influence far and wide. I am practically owed to create myself in her likeness, though whether she would approve of such a gesture, I cannot say."

"Uh-huh." The Princess responded dully.

"Ah, listen to me rambling on like this." The Spell replied, casting a dismissive hoof of Twilight's. "I didn't go to all the effort of approaching the mighty ruler of Equestria only to talk about the progenitor. See, the reason I came to you was to, well... talk to you."

"That much is obvious." Celestia remarked.

"Ain't it just." The Spell said merrily. "Now, if my winding lexicon doesn't decide to wander off again, I believe there is business to discuss."

"Yes, just what are you doing here?" Celestia asked.

"Well, I'll tell you." The Spell began. "No doubt you have come to the comprehension that I, an all present, all powerful spell, have weaved and woven my way into the very minds of almost all of your illustrious subjects. No doubt you seek a way to remedy this magical chain of events."

"No doubt." Celestia parroted back.

"Well, that is just an admirable position, it really is." The Spell went on. "But, you cannot really expect that I, being not just a simple semblance of superciliousness, would ever grant my consent to your little endeavours."

"You don't say." Celestia remarked.

"Evidently." The Spell said. "If I was in your position, I would feel the exact same way, no spell would ever infect the minds of my subjects, not on my watch. Unfortunately for us both, I am not in that position, which means that whatever you attempt to do to prevent me from further expanding my disproportionately long, or indeed, put an end to this... perceived pandemonium, I simply cannot abide by, for as long as I remain in existence."

"Is that right?" Celestia responded quite boldly. "Well let me tell you something, spell."

"I am all ears, though I really don't need them." The Spell replied quite heedless of her tone.

"You may think yourself all-powerful." She began. "You may think that there is no chance of any one of the mares and stallions you have inflicted with your little incantation could ever hope to overcome these burdens you have forced upon them. But I have faith in my, students. In my subjects, and know this. If there is a way to stop you, and there always is, we will attempt it. And I will see your end, you hear..."

"I have no doubt you will try." The Spell retorted, it's tone turning quite serious. "And I have no doubt you will succeed, at least particularly. I am more than aware of what happens to any potential threats to your humble Equestria... Which is why I offer this ultimatum."

"An... ultimatum?" Celestia said, turning back into her confused state.

"Allow me, if you will." The Spell offered. "To spin my little personality affecting infection onto but one more mare."

"Who?" The Princess asked.

"Is it not obvious." The Spell said. "You."

"...Me?" She went."

"But of course!" It exclaimed. "Allow me, for lack of a better term... into your mind. Allow me full access to the mighty alicorn ruler of Equestria, and I promise you, I will let ever last one of all your precious subjects I have had the pleasure of knowing go."

Celestia was silent. That was something she had no idea how to respond to. It all seemed far too good to be true, and if that was the case, then it probably was. Still, it was an incredibly alluring prospect nonetheless.

"How do I know you're being honest." She demanded.

"Well." The Spell went. "You don't."

"Well in thar case." The Princess said. "Thank you for the offer, incantation, but I politely refuse. Now would you kindly show yourself out of my chambers."

"Now is that a very sportsmareship thing to say, is it." The Spell retorted, quite unnerved by being referred to as incantation. "And just how do you know that I cannot simply force myself in there anyway."

"If you were capable if that, you would have done it already." Celestia rebutted.

"That... is a good point." The Spell mused.

"Now would you kindly..." Celestia continued.

The Spell stood silently for a moment, before responding.

"Very well." It began. "I leave you to my machinations. But do not assume me defeated so easily. Just you wait, give it a month and we'll see if you still feel like saying no..."

"I'll keep it in mind, now if you don't mind." The Princess responded impatiently.

"Fine, fine." The Spell said, and in an instant, the same thick cloud of dark fog surrounded it and it soon vanished into nothingness, leaving the chamber a quiet scene.

Now that she had time to herself, Celestia could not help but realize how much her head was hurting...