• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 851 Views, 3 Comments

Who I Am - Slingshot619



An experiment goes horribly wrong setting a chain of events to take off.

  • ...
1
 3
 851

Chapter 7: Insanity

When I woke up again, I was in the same cell I once started in. I glanced outside, same arena, I looked at the arena opposite to mine, same old mare. Darkside looked at me and shook her head in dissapointment. I glanced at the cell next to Darkside's, it was Kamikaze. Instead of being his regular insane self, he looked at me and went "tsk, tsk tsk." Before turning his back on me.

I tried to process all this, when all of a sudden, the huge television lit up.

"Subject 626: Slingshot prepare to engage."

I stepped out, gave the arena a glance. I tried to find a weak spot in the walls, but there was none. The robotic unicorn was getting impatient and was about to charge at me.

Need help?

I analyze the situation for a while before letting out an answer I will forever regret.

"Yes."

My body suddenly stood straight, my wings spread out. Then, the unicorn charged, it's drill horn lowered and armed. My right arm reached out and grabbed it's right hoof, then I flew up and spun, I let go and flung the unicorn into the wall so hard that it literally blew up.

The intercom blared again as the lady's voice was heard again.

"Test complete. Subject pass."

I trudged back to the cell and gained control of my body again. I let out a relieved sigh.

See? You can trust me.

I mumbled an agreement. Then, suddenly, my cell's walls were raised, next to me was green mare, she looked at me and snarled, then galloped off to who knows where.

I looked around and decided to hang out near Breakdown. He was a veteran that everybody feared and respected. Luckily for me, he was also quite friendly towards newbies. He gave me a few pointers on the battlefield, then I asked him a question.

"So, why does everyone hate me?"

Breakdown looked at me and raised an eyebrow. He went from normal to kinda grumpy.

"Kid, do you know how long we've been waiting to escape? And finally you come along and do escape. Then you blew it. You could've made it. Do you know how demoralizing it is for us?"

I pondered that thought for a while and decided that he was right. Eventually, the cell walls came down again and everyone was separated. I decided to get some shut eye, but before I could, A metal head was smashed into my cell's glass wall. I glanced up to find out that Kamikaze had just shoved a robot's face into the glass wall. He glared at me and did a neck slice.

Everypony continued this routine. Everyday they would do test and have a little bonding time with the others. Then came one faithful day, the day that changed me forever, the day I snapped.

I walked out and let my killer instincts take control again, a robotic earth pony was next in line to face me. It charged towards me, my right arm raised and did an elbow on it's back, almost separating it into half. I kicked it in the middle so hard it did snap in half, then I grabbed it's lower carcass and ripped the wires out.

I was about to walk back to my cell, but all of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain in my rear left leg. I felt dizzy immediately afterwards and passed out. When I woke up I was in a new cell, it was more spacious than the last. But something felt different. I looked out at the arena and saw two ponies standing opposite one another. The one on the right was Darkside. The pony on the left was the same green pony that had turned her back on me.

I watched in horror as the green mare stomped her hooves and immediately, green plant roots sprouted and spread towards Darkside. She tried to turn the roots into black mush, but there was simply too much. The vines tangled her and she became a plant mummy. Then suddenly the vines tensed and there was an explosion of blood and intestines.

"Poison Ivy wins."

I watched as she walked back to her cell and did not give a fuck.

Wow, tough competition

I gulped when I saw my name on screen.

"Slingshot vs Kamikaze."

I panicked when the glass door opened and my body stepped out.

This is gonna be easy.

kamikaze charged, ready to blow me to bits. I watched as my left arm thrust out and smacked Kamikaze in the face. He had been so fast that when he reached my hoof, his face caved in, I saw blood sprout out, I felt his insides, all slippery and squishy like, I closed my hoof around his heart and pulled, other guts came out too, but the heart was all that mattered. I took his body in my hoofs and ripped him apart. I tossed his upper body at the observation panel where a few scientist were watching.

I turned around and saw everypony looking on attentively, then my killer instincts did something insane, he took a bite out of Kamikaze's heart and swallowed. The other ponies looked on in horror as I threw the half eaten heart at the glass cage of Knuckledragger. Knuckledragger whimpered and disappeared into the depths of his cave. I ran and smashed my hooves into Poison Ivy's cage and let out an insane "YOU'RE NEXT!".

I returned back to the cell and tried to gain my bearings.

"What the fuck was that for!?"

Don't look at me dude. I didn't do shit.

I suddenly realized what happened. My killer instincts hadn't been the one. I had been in full control. I had finally snapped. My brain flooded with malicious thoughts, as I let out an insane laugh that was heard throughout the arena. I had been so exposed to this violence that I had become accustomed to it, wait, no not accustomed. I was hungry for it.

I was a monster...... And I liked it.