• Published 8th Oct 2012
  • 851 Views, 3 Comments

Who I Am - Slingshot619



An experiment goes horribly wrong setting a chain of events to take off.

  • ...
1
 3
 851

Chapter 2: Escape

Bit of a Rainbow Factory reference in this. Still gives me nightmares.


I was shaking all over as I stepped out the safety of my cell. I was going to die of course i was scared, I was just a normal pegasus pony. Nothing special, I didn't have explosive powers like Kamikaze, I didn't melt things into darkness like Darkside, I wasn't a hulking beast like Knuckledragger, nor did I have super strength like Juggernaut......

Wait, Juggernaut might be the opposite of me, so if he's super strong......

I stood there, the robotic pegasus could slice me in half no problem, I stared in it's red glowing eyes, it buzzed it's chainsaw wings and charged. I waited and flew out of the way no problem, I didn't know how fast I went but I felt a tonne of G force, a clear indication that I had traveled in great speeds. I watched as the robot pegasus charged at where I once stood, he crashed into Kamikaze's cell door. Kamikaze jumped and complained. I chuckled and flew over to kick it. I kicked it alright but it definitely hurt me more than it hurt him. I felt my hoof go sore, I had to think of something, I spotted a crack on the wall.

I could break that and give myself permanent brain damage, or I could stay here and spend my whole life doing "test"

I thought about it for a while and decided to escape. I calmed myself down first, i had all the time in the world, the stupid robot pegasus couldn't reach me anyway. I was to high up, I prepared myself for the headache of the century and flew as fast as i could. I smashed through the wall and was instantly engulfed in sunshine.

"FREEDOOOOOO- OWWWWW!"

I felt the pain all around my body, I looked back at the creepy warehouse I had just escaped from, freedom was so close, I just have to fly away, but I had a strong urge to go back and release the one they call Juggernaut. There were alarms blaring and everypony was running around in panic.

Let's see, I could fly back and save my possibly evil twin, or fly away and enjoy life. Decisions.

In a matter of seconds I was back in the warehouse and was searching for Juggernaut's cell. I found his cell, but he was nowhere to be found. His glass door had been shattered, I assumed he had escaped without my help.

"Great. I just wasted my time to come save somepony only to find out he esca-"

I couldn't finish the last few words of my sentence. I felt electricity flow through me as I fell to the floor and collapsed. Black spots were dancing around my eyes, my great escape had failed miserably.

I woke up and found myself strapped to a steel table, I saw two ponies by my side, their backs were turned to me. One of them was grey and had a black mane. The other pony was yellow with red hair, she had her nurse's cap on.

"-shame that he has to go so soon." The doctor sighed

"Yea, he had so much potential."

"I wouldn't blame him though, if I was in one of those cell's i'd want to leave too."

"He could've made it, why'd he come back?"

"Probably came back to save his brother Juggernaut."

"Well, blood is thicker than water."

"But it's a shame that Juggernaut escaped too. He didn't seem all that bad."

"I knew giving a pony super strength was a bad idea."

The nurse nodded in agreement, they continued and discussed about the various other ponies that were in the arena. Suddenly, I heard them talk about me and where I was going to.

"We could send him to the Rainbow Factory." The nurse suggested

"ARE YOU MAD WOMAN!?"

"But-"

"No soul, good or bad deserves punishment that bad!"

"Then, where do we send him?"

"We could put him down now, it'll be painless."

"Fine."

"WAIT!" I yelled

The ponies turned around and saw me struggling in my bonds.

"Then what do you suggest?"

"Let me go."

"Are you crazy!?"

"What? Did I say something wrong?"

"I'd rather send you to the Rainbow Factory!"

"Why not?"

"The director will have my butt if he finds out I let you go!"

"Then leave, nopony's forcing you to work here."

The doctor pondered the thought for a while and pushed a button. A giant saw blade popped out from the ceiling and made it's way towards me. I squirmed as hard as I could, but it was no use, death was in the bag for me.

"I'm sorry." The doctor muttered

I braced myself for the blade to cut right through me, instead it moved to the side and cut my restraints. I got up and stretched my wings, ready to take off. I gave the doc a salute, he responded with a simple nod. I spread my wings and took off, flying through the corridors, ponies scattered left and right as I tried to find a way out, I found a lab and busted in. I saw an emergency exit. Among other things that is.

I saw a steel table with a pony on it, he had his wings taken off, he wore an expression of fear, the gashes where the wings were supposed to be was gushing blood, a stray tendon hung out of it. I stared in horror and moved on slowly.

The next table had a mare on it, she was a mangled mess, a stray rib bone poked out the side of her chest, her leg was impaled through her head, where her right eye was supposed to be, a hoof poked out of it. Her arms were twisted and outstretched, her face wore and expression of insanity, her face was bathed in blood, her stomach had guts and flesh being showcased.

I closed my eyes and crashed through the door, I was engulfed in sunlight as I took off, hoping to stay somewhere far far far away from from that twisted demented lab.