• Published 27th Sep 2012
  • 6,238 Views, 70 Comments

Spike's Luna (cont....) - Jewel_Eater_Dragon



Spike and Luna's continued relationship.

  • ...
9
 70
 6,238

Sweet and Elite - part 3

Spike leaned back against Luna’s chest. Part of him enjoyed the warmth as well as the sense of security that she gave him; however, another part of him was screaming that this was highly inappropriate. Was it alright to be this close to a Princess, let alone snuggle up against her? What would somepony think if they were to see him and Luna together? And yet, all his worries melted away when Luna lowered her head closer to him and nuzzled the top of his head. And as if Luna could sense his worry, she softly whispered into his ear. “You can relax Spike; nopony comes out to the garden at this time of night.” And with that, she heard him sigh as the tension slowly slipped from his body.

They sat there together in silence as time crept by slowly. They watched the stars twinkle in the night sky, like dancers performing across a dark blue backdrop. Every so often, a falling star streaks by.

“Wow… I didn’t know that there were so many falling stars!” Spike said aloud.

“Yes Spike. Although many ponies do not see them for they are only visible at night. And usually it is only I alone, who sits and watch their short lived beauty. That is why I am very happy that you accepted my invite Spike. As you can see, it gets quite lonely here at night. I have the beautiful night sky yet I have no one to share it with. Besides my sister, Celestia and Twilight Sparkle, you are my only friend.”

Spike smiled, happy to be in her company. “Yes, it really is a lovely night, and I am glad to be your friend, though right now, I am feeling a little cold.” He said as he shivered slightly.

“Alright Spike, we’ll go back indoors where it’s warmer. And maybe we’ll get a little hot chocolate to warm you up.”

“Hot chocolate sounds great.” Spike said, licking his lips, already imagining the warm chocolate drink in his mouth.

Luna waited for a moment to allow the wind to die down a little before pulling her wing back to their folded position. Spike slowly swung his legs over the edge of the lounge chair and hopped off, onto the grass. However, as his foot touched the wet grass, a rather loud and shocked ‘Eeep!’ escaped his lips. Frozen on the spot, Luna asked what the matter was. “Cold grass.” Spike answered meekly as the cold wet blades of grass slipped between his toes. Luna giggled at poor Spike’s discomfort as he yelped, taking another step forward. Eventually Luna decided that she’d rather not have Spike wake up anypony should he finally give in to the cold sharp pains that torment him so. Wrapped in dark bluish magic, Spike was gently lifted off the grass and carried back to the castle, all the while Luna trotted beside him, little giggles escaping her lips.

Reaching the castle, Spike sat down on the carpeted floor, rubbing his feet in his claws in an attempt to warm his feet. He briefly thought about using his fire breath to add to the effort, but decided against it in case he might burn his toes… or the carpet. Luna on the other hoof, could no longer hold in her amusement and lay on the carpet, hooves over her muzzle, trying her best to stifling her laugh.

“Ha ha Luna. Very funny.” Spike remarked at his rather joyous companion. “It felt like I was stepping on ice.”

“Mmmph… in a way Spike, you were.” Luna said smiling at Spike’s confused look. “When the night gets really cold, much like tonight, the water on the grass freezes over, becoming like ice crystals. So yes, in fact you did step on ice. And yes, the grass is watered every evening.” Luna concluded.

“But it wasn’t iced up when we first walked out into the garden. Why was it iced up now?” he asked.

“Mmmm….” Luna sighed as she slowly stood up. “Were you really that relaxed Spike? We’ve been out there for almost two hours now.”

“Tw-tw-two hours? Really? Wow, time flies when you are in good company.” And with that Spike started to blush. Luna simply smiled happily at the comment, but remained silent.

“Uh huh… so why weren’t you affected by the ‘iced’ grass?” trying to change the subject. “Oh right, night, cold, you’re probably used to it.” He said with a sigh.

Luna giggled again. “No Spike. Look.” She said as she lifted her hoof to him. “Glass shoes.”

The look on Spike face can only be described as ‘priceless’.

“Right!” Spike said suddenly as he leapt to his feet. “Let’s go get that hot chocolate you mentioned.” And off he walked, in the direction away from Luna.

Once again, Spike was wrapped in blue coloured magic and levitated back towards Luna. “Spike? The dining hall is this way.” Luna said, tilting her head in the other direction, putting Spike down.

“I knew that.” He said, his face turning a deeper shade of red. He started walking quickly in the direction Luna mentioned. Luna sighed again as she caught up with the little dragon and the two walked on towards the dining hall.

Soon, the two friends walked pass one of the castle servants, making his rounds. Luna stopped the unicorn dressed in a simple butler’s outfit and requested that he bring two large cups of hot chocolate, extra dark, and a large bowl of marshmallows, and a little something extra to one of the cups, to the second east west wing dining hall. The unicorn bowed before the Princess and walked away. “This way Spike. I’ve just asked for our drinks to be brought to us.” Luna said to Spike.

Moments later, the two friends were sitting at a modest dining table. With Luna at the head of the table and Spike right beside her. Candles lit up the room, casting a warm glow. “Warm enough for you now Spike?” Luna asked her little friend.

“Yes, it’s much warmer in here.” Spike said smiling. “So after the hot chocolate, what would you like to do then?” he asked.

“Truth be told Spike, I really have no idea what we can do at this time of night. Usually I would be reading some letters addressed to me, or I would be helping my sister with some of the reports regarding the Kingdom. It’s pretty routine, not to mention boring” Luna explained.

“If you’d like, I could help you sort out some of that paperwork. I help Twilight with hers all the time.” Spike offered.

“Thank you Spike, I appreciate the offer, but some of these letters and reports are rather confidential. However, I do have one suggestion on what we can do. How about after our drink, we go over to the south tower? There is something there that you might like.” Luna said with a smile. However, before Spike could respond, there was a slight knock on the door as the butler pony walked in, a tray of hot chocolate and marshmallows in his magical grip. The two thanked the butler pony as he bowed his head low and walked out the door.

“Here you go Spike.” Luna said as she levitated a tall mug over to him. And as the mug settled gently in front of him, he noticed something special in his cup. There was a stirrer, an emerald stirrer in fact. Spike’s eyes went wide for he has never had or even seen a jewel stirrer before. “Wow Luna, is that a… I’ve never had a jewel stirrer before. Can I eat it? Or is it just for stirring my drink? Umm…”

Luna smiled at her friend as she magically opened a long case that was also on the tray revealing several more jewel stirrers. “You may go ahead and enjoy that stirrer anyway you like Spike, I have several more here for you.”

“Wow thanks Luna. Though, there is something I would like to try.” And with that, he scooped up a marshmallow, and then held it in one claw as he drove the stirrer into the marshmallow. He then dipped the entire marshmallow into his cup of thick dark chocolate drink. A moment later, he brought it out, opened his mouth wide and chomped on it, marshmallow, chocolate and stirrer. “Mmmm…. Now that was good.” Spike said as he slouched lazily on the chair, half a stirrer in his claw. Suddenly, through his ‘chocolate-marshmallow-jewel’ induced ecstasy, he saw Luna magically picked up the spoon. Chivalry taking over, he stood up on the chair and took the spoon from her magical grasp. “Allow me Princess… I mean Luna.” He said, smiling sheepishly.

“Alright Spike,” Luna replied. “Two scoops please. I would like mine sweet.” Spike nodded as he scooped up a small mountain of marshmallows with the spoon. In went the first spoonful, like snowflakes they fell into her cup. Soon, the second spoonful followed. Luna quietly stirred her drink. Mixing in the fluffy white sweetness to the rich dark chocolate. Spike watched her as she took a long sip of her drink. “Mmmm… perfect.” Was her reply when she lowered her mug back onto the table. It was then Spike saw the chocolate mustache on her upper lips. Spike chuckled rather openly as he pointed at her muzzle. Luna narrowed her eyes a little to take a look, and as she focused back onto Spike, she saw him holding out a soft napkin. She smiled as she leaned forward towards him. Gently he wiped the chocolate off her lips. Unintentionally, his attention began focusing on her lips. His heart started beating a little faster. Luna on the other hoof, didn’t seem to notice Spikes sudden interest and she patiently waited for him to wipe away the stain.

“Ah alright Luna.” He said as he pulled the napkin away.

“Thank you again Spike.” Luna said as she smiled sweetly at him. Spike blushed again as he took a large sip of his own drink.

The two friends finished their drinks in silence, each savoring the thick delicious flavor of their now warm chocolate drink. By now, Spike had gone through three jewel stirrers. “Alright Spike, let’s go to the south tower now.” Luna said as she pushed away her empty mug. Spike hopped off his own chair, but not before grabbing one more marshmallow, speared by a ruby stirrer before following Luna out the door

Author's Note:

Its been a long time I know and I apologize.

But the story will go on and I hope to continue writing this tale.

Comments ( 17 )

Time to spice it up!!!

I really hope this turns into a long fic. It's just hard to find stories that are more-than decent, due to the flood of new users every day.

“Tw-tw-two hours? Really? Wow, time flies when you are in good company.” And with that Spike started to bush.

Might want to fix that.

Hooray, new chapter!!!

Glass? I think they are either silver or diamond.

2979713
Glass seemed a little more dainty than silver. :raritywink:

2979232
Right, edited. Thanks for noticing. :twilightsmile:

Riz

2983636
Yay...for new chapter..

Cute Spuna fic.

One word. M.O.A.R :flutterrage:

Wow I havent read a story like this in a long time, well off to find a nether good story and hope it is as good as this one:pinkiehappy:

how many more chapters are going to be and when its the next chapter pleace

Is this story dead? :rainbowhuh:

5888849 sadly yes the author just hasn't put it into the cancelled section yet:pinkiesad2:

I take it this is dead

Login or register to comment