• Published 23rd Sep 2012
  • 19,094 Views, 893 Comments

Forever a Changeling - Scootaloo-009



Rainbow Dash finds out she is a changeling

  • ...
71
 893
 19,094

Pony Ending Extended

It seems not a lot of you are aware this ending did get a sequel in the form of a blog. It can be found here, just click the picture.

I've finished up the first, post FimFiction story, chapter. You should probably go read it, though I know my art isn't very good.

Comments ( 36 )

Already following :rainbowkiss::heart::rainbowkiss:

hmm.. why not? i'll read it later

Already following, already sended an ask.
I almost go hopefull for a "real" update...

2404990
True, put I was specifically thinking of how in Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess you get a ball and chain, but while you have it pulled out, Link can barely walk. Then you put it away and he runs around like it doesn't even exist. Same with the Iron Boots.
Although you're right, it can be applied to pretty much any game with an inventory. How else would your bicycle fit into your backpack in all the Pokemon games:pinkiehappy:

Bad ending is good =).
It's good to be bad, actually.

Pony ending is better, can you post it on fimfiction cuz your blog is confusing as hell.

2745778 No. I will not post it here. I don't have the time or motivation to write the whole chapter in text form. You'll have to live with this. I made navigation links for the posts. Does that help?

2756802 I create picture with my brain, words written by you are better.

2757054 Sorry. I don't have the time.

2757601 Well then when you have the time you know what to do.:twilightsmile:

2758516 Don't hold your breath. I have a great number of projects that have a higher priority. This doesn't even register. You'll just have to deal with the tumblr.

2758557 Okay then I'll take what you have to offer.

Fluttersneeze

:fluttershyouch: Ah
:fluttershbad: AH
:yay: choo

2759816 And now she's a stallion.

2760133 My shipping blog, where Fluttershy turns into a guy and back by sneezing.

2760480 That's what she calls her stallion form.

2761227 So what about Dusk Shine and Rainbow Blitz?
Dashie and Twilight's male forms.
We got Scootaroll, Applebuck, and... Silver Bell?

2761399 No, it's just Fluttershy/Butterscotch.

This fic was great, it's too bad the continuation is so hard to find/follow. We must be a little stupider than normal, but I can't figure out your tumbler at all... :/
Keep going!! ;)

3081161
Click the button on the side marked "Chapter 1", that leads you to the first story post. Then just use the links to navigate through all the story posts in order.

Having reached the last entry in the chapter selector, I have two things to say:

First, I strongly recommend removing the Tragedy tag from this story. I put off reading it for months because I know what Tragedy is supposed to mean and didn't feel like reading it. This is not tragedy.

(Tragedy doesn't just mean "something sad happened". There's already the Sad tag for that and the "sad happening" meaning of "tragedy" only came about less than 100 years ago as a result of journalists abusing the term. Tragedy refers to a story where the lead character doesn't win at the end and the reader gets their emotional release by catharsis rather than triumph.)

Second, I just realized that your sequel is a comic rather than a fic. I'm still not sure I'd host it on a blog (as opposed to a specialized "free comic hosting" site) but keeping it off FiMFiction does make more sense now. Still, one thing's obvious. You're much better at writing prose than you are at drawing. At the level of quality you're putting out, I just can't get into it.

Update: The FiMFiction FAQ agrees with me:

Tragedy: The most confusing category by far, the Tragedy Category is often misunderstood and misused. A Tragedy has, by definition, a sad ending, but it doesn't mean the story is sad until that point; unlike a Sad story, it always, always will have a sad or bittersweet ending.

In a Tragedy, the heroine fights through amazing odds to achieve her objective, and just as she's about to get there, she fails through her own folly, or perhaps because she cannot fight fate in the end after all. Ultimately the hero fails; their friend dies; the world ends... our hero dies. Any outcome, as long as it involves the hero's failure in their struggle and the bitter result of it is what makes a Tragedy... a Tragedy.

2407689
Personally, I think Palkia makes things bigger on the inside.

Hey can I use changeling dash and scoots in a fic?

2760155 I have already read this all the way through but i need more now. Ya i know its completed.

4854157

Ah. It's been a while since I read Hitchhiker's, and I haven't read all the books.

When I realized that YOU of all people wrote this story, I swooned. Twice. Then I fangirl'd. You're a big, beautiful, bedazzling star! :raritystarry:

Also, I read this story about over a summer before I wrote this comment. :twilightsmile: I... admittedly only just found out you wrote it today. :twilightsheepish: Or maybe I realized it before. I forgot. :derpytongue2:

Downvote. This story's old enough that I imagine you've heard it all before, so I'll be brief.

Your mechanics are tolerable, but poor. You need more proofreading. Your characters are flat most of the time, with sudden bursts of intense drama that come without warning and fade just as quickly. You deal with plot points quickly, too quickly to actually build them or the characters or the setting.

There's a story here, a story with a lot of promise, but it's a bare skeleton with none of the meat that makes a tale truly worth the reading.

Comment posted by Wolvesrule deleted Jan 30th, 2016

I hope you do a side-sequel story about meadow breeze, I would like to see more of her.

People were goddamn desperate for changeling stories back then.

10604839
To be fair looking at the earliest chapter this story was first writen around the time of the end of season 2 when we only had one or two episode about Changelings to work off of. so maybe the writer thought that Changelings can only imitate other ponies and nothing else. After all it's only after the Changelings came back into the show in Season 6 did we start to see that they can imitate inanimate objects like rocks and not Pony species like Dragons

10776837
Definitely bad ending.

Login or register to comment