• Published 18th Sep 2012
  • 952 Views, 43 Comments

A Story About Bubbles - creation62



Dinky finally asks about her mothers cutie-mark. Derpy sighs, prepares, and tells her story...

  • ...
1
 43
 952

Day 1: Part 2

"So let me get this straight." Dinky was buried under her covers. All that was popping out was her horn. "The very first pony you met was Pinkie Pie?"

Derpy managed a laugh in-between rubbing her eyes. "Yep, she was the very first one to greet me... if 'greet' is the word to use."

"Wow. So you talked to only two ponies before her first party for you..."

"Yep."

"Well, THAT must have been shocking."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The house was dark as they entered. "Huh." Mystic Guard muttered. "Something seems off... GET BACK!" With a gentle shove that sent Ditzy careening towards the entrance, Mystic assumed attack pose and lit up the room with his horn. What followed, neither of them had prepared for.

"SURRRRPRRRRRRRIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEE!" The house rocketed with sound. Ditzy was almost taken off her feet, but managed to catch her balance on the door. Just as she recovered from the scream, the real lights came on and Ditzy was taken back in shock. "Hi there!" The last thing she expected to see was the strange pink pony hovering upside down before her, seeming to be held up by a confused Mystic still in his stance.

Finally, Ditzy's heart caught up. Her lungs soon followed. Her vocal cords, not so much. "Wha... bwa... huh?"

"Do you like it? eheheheh! My names Pinkie and i threw this party just for you oh cool your pregnant i've always wondered what that's like hey i'm still upside HEY CAN ANYPONY TELL ME WHY I'M UPSIDE DOWN but anyway while they process that request can you tell me what your name is before the blood rushing to my brain causes me to black out?"

"Bwah... wha..." Ditzy didn't know what else to say. she muttered the first name that came into her mind. "Name. Name... Derpy. No wait-"

"Your name's Derpy hey that's pretty cool well nice to meet you Ms. Derpy I don't know your last name how about Hooves HEY EVERYBODY MEET DERPY HOOVES i'm still upside down this is a problem i'm just gonna black out for a moment nice to meet you Ms. Derpy!" And finally, Pinkie passed out.

"Uh... i'll just set her down over here..." Mystic nervously set Pinkie Pie in a chair just off of the door as the guests gathered around them. Ditzy managed to hear a few voices from the crowd.

"Nice to meet you Derpy! My names Carrot top and i-"

"Heya Derpy! Me and Bon-Bon here were thinking-"

"Oh, Derpy! I need your opinion on your dress; Emerald or Sapphire?"

"Did somepony say my name?"

An arm grabbed her shoulder. Derpy managed to squirm in the mass and see a blue pegasis pony with a rainbow mane flying above her. It was nice to have an easy point of reference. "Hey Derpy, Why aren't you flying? Lots more room up here."

Ditzy managed to squirm and face the pony. The rest of the guests seemed to take the hint that she could only focus on one pony at a time and started to talk to each-other. "Oh, i'm grounded until the baby's delivered, for its safety and all. Also, my names actually-"

"Wait, you can't fly? Oh man, that must be TERRIBLE!" The mass finally started to clear up and the pony settled down in front of her. Another orange earthpony with a cowpony hat walked up next to them and shot the pegasis a quick glare. "Er, I mean, congratulations on the baby and all! I'm Rainbow Dash."

The orange pony sided up next to Ditzy. "And i'm Applejack. Nice to meet you partner. I've got a complementary bucket of apples with your name on it. I run an orchard just outside of town."

Rainbow Dash took this as a cue to say her job. "I myself am on weather patrol, when i'm not practicing for the one and only Wonderbolts!"

"The Wonderbolts?" Ditzy managed to stutter. "The greatest fliers in Equestria? Good luck with that."

Rainbow Dash started to look angry, Applejack giggled, and Rarity managed to get through the crowd. Ditzy was starting to get worried everypony was going to take this as the cue to walk up and introduce themselves. "Darling, I need to know- Oh! Hello Rainbow, Applejack. Excuse me, you two, but i need to talk to you about the upcoming summer sun celebration..."

Ditzy took her chance and slipped away. She started to search for Mystic, and assumed he would have tried to leave her to her mingling. After a few minutes of shoving, apologies, and introductions, she finally escaped the mass of ponies and slipped into the hallway. She carefully checked to see no-one was following, then not so carefully bumped into a strange yellow pony. "Oof! Oh, i'm sorry, I..." Ditzy took stock of the pony she had just bumped into while it babbled out apologies.

She was the definition of "Daw". Her eyes were full of sadness, as if the tiniest joke at her expense would cause her to burst into tears. She quickly covered them with her flowing pink mane as she shied away. Her coat was as bright yellow, yet despite her ability to stand out, she had slunk to the shadows. She seemed to be hiding under her wings. Ditzy had never known someone who seemed to be so sad you just wanted to hug them, yet here that pony was, pathetic in the corner.

Finally, after the stream of apologies stopped, Ditzy managed to say the least threatening thing she could think of. "Uh... hello?" No response. Ditzy turned to leave, but just managed to hear something.

"H... hi."

Ditzy whipped back around. to look at the strange pony again. one of her eyes had popped out. It was a light sheen of green. Ditzy tried to talk in the gentlest voice she could; the last thing she wanted to do was make this pony upset.

"Hello there. I'm-"

"Derpy. Derpy Hooves. Yes, Pinkie announced it. I'm sorry to have bothered you please excuse me." And with that the pony disappeared back into the room with the mass of ponies.

Everypony in this town is either insane, adorable, or... double insane I guess. Now, where is that- Her thoughts were cut out by a sudden jab of pain, and she slipped to the ground with a yelp. "Why is this floor wet? it was dry just a second ago! It-" a thought entered her head. Her eyes went wide. "MYSSSSTIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCC!"

A sudden blur of purple and he was above her. "What's wrong? Did something happen? Why is the floor wet?"

With a gasp and another sharp pain, Ditzy managed to spit out, "My water just broke!"



It's okay, it's okay, it's okay. Mystic was nervously patrolling in front of the delivery room. Ditzy had just gone into the final stage of labor, and the doctors had forced him out. I bet she's doing just fine... A scream of pain echoed from the room and Mystic jumped. The screaming means nothing she's fine she's definitely fine oh sweet Celestia please let Ditzy be fine...



Mystic had fallen asleep when the nurse came. "Hey... Hey mister... Hey... Listen!" Mystic's eye opened to a slit, and then he shot up with such force the nurse involuntarily yelped.

"Is she okay? What happened? What's going on? Is the baby okay? What species is it?" The Nurse just pointed him to the delivery room door, now ajar. Taking his chance, Mystic barged through. He only caught a glimpse of Ditzy before the Doctor moved in front of her, cleaning. He looked up when Mystic slammed the door open.

"Hello sir! It's a girl! You must be proud- OOF!" Mystic pushed him out of the way, and he collided softly into the nurse who had just caught up to Mystic. They sprawled to the ground and Mystic finally saw the new-born.

She was adorable. She had a light purple coat with a yellow mane and tail, and her eyes were closed. She looked so tiny in her mother's arms. Such a small creature... so... well, dinky.

"Hi honey!" Ditzy finally looked up after allowing him to gawk for a while. Her mane seemed a little frazzled, but other than that she was smiling like there was no tomorrow. The doctor and nurse managed to stand up, trying their best not to be mad.

Mystic smiled and went back to the filly. "I don't see wings... And i can't find a horn... So is she an Earth Pony?"

"What? Oh, here!" Ditzy pushed back a section of the baby's mane, revealing a tiny purple horn hidden amongst the sea of yellow. "Our daughter's a unicorn!" Ditzy smiled up at Mystic. Mystic stood proudly by her side. The filly opened up her small eyes. They were yellow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And that's how Equestria was made!"

"What?"

"Great story. Remind me later to tell you the story about how you were born!" Dinky managed a laugh, but it was shortly followed by a yawn. "Now, i think its time for somepony to get to sleep."

"Daw, but-"

"No buts. You need your rest." Dinky looked like she was going to argue, but very obviously choose just to feign sleep.



Derpy slowly creaked the door to a close. A voice came from her right. "Interesting story."

"Eep! Oh... Mystic! You shouldn't be on the floor!" Mystic was lying next to the door frame, and his head was resting between his legs. He started to stand up.

"Well, I heard you telling Dinky our story, and I couldn't help but listen in. I didn't want to enter though, otherwise I thought I would have just interrupted the story."

"Fair enough. Come on, let's go to bed ourselves. Dinky's going to follow is in just a second. Now, how much longer are you in Ponyville?"

They inched towards their own bedroom, just a few doors up the hall. "Only a couple of days. I'm hear to celebrate Dinky's birthday, but then i must get back to Canterlot. There's a royal wedding coming up for Princess Cadence and Twilight Sparkle's brother, Shining Armor." They both heard the tell-tale creak of Dinky's door opening.

"Well hey, you could bring Dinky! She loved Cadence back on our last visit to Canterlot, and she likes Twilight, So why not?"

"I'll... consider... it." A heavy yawn penetrated his defenses.

Ditzy managed a smile before yawning herself. "let's just get to bed. We can discuss the wedding tomorrow."

"Do I get a say?" Dinky bounced up on Mystic's back. "Can I go can I go can I go?"

Mystic creaked the door to their bedroom open. Derpy followed and Dinky bounced onto the bed. "Let's just get some rest. We can discuss it in the morning." Derpy collapsed to the left of Dinky and Mystic fell along the right.

And together, they all fell peacefully asleep.

THE END

Comments ( 1 )

Welp... That's it. Thank you Everypony for tuning in, it's been a blast. honestly, i think this last chapter is my least favorite, mostly because i'm terrible at writing endings.

I can't say i'm done with this universe forever, but i know it's not going to be my next story. Currently i'm debating whether i should have a Ponyville gang war, or a flat out full on battle, each substituting bullets for pies and death for tummy-aches. Not sure about the rating yet, but i like staying E.

Anyway, you can follow me on twitter (@Penguin_EMPORER) if you want updates, or if you want to message me directly that's the best way. I'll see you all later!

BROHOOF!
-Creation62 (Will)

Login or register to comment