• Published 18th Sep 2012
  • 952 Views, 43 Comments

A Story About Bubbles - creation62



Dinky finally asks about her mothers cutie-mark. Derpy sighs, prepares, and tells her story...

  • ...
1
 43
 952

Day 1: part 1

"ewwwww."

Derpy looked at her filly. One of her eyes had been absent mindedly staring at the ceiling, the other looking at her favorite lava lamp. "What is it?"

Dinky looked over to her mom, her face seeming to be half sad, half sarcastic. Derpy would question how that was possible later. "Do we have to go over the kissing part?"

"Someday you may not mind so much."

Ditzy fiddled with her evening muffin. "Skip to Ponyville, that sounds good."

"Oh... all right..." She would reminisce later.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't believe what's going on. How is this happening?

A full two years had passed since Ditzy's and Mystic's first date, and Ditzy was having trouble keeping up with the rapid fire changes that had happened. First, they were married. Pretty big change. Second, Ditzy was pregnant. Also a massive change. But third, and this was the biggest shock for Ditzy...

I still can't believe that i like chocolate chip muffins more now then blueberry now...

Oh, there was also the fact that she revolutionized Mache's business, handed him a mail monopoly in Canterlot on a silver platter, and was now being sent to Ponyville to head a new branch. But the muffin thing was probably the biggest deal for her.

After a few hours of travel, the conductor was finally walking through the cars of the train. "All right everybody! We'll be entering Ponyville in two minutes! Get your bags ready! Get your bags ready!" Ditzy slowly looked up from her bed. Mystic was already on the move; years as a royal guard had that effect on ponies.

"Mystic, your really being too kind. I'm not completely helpless." just... mostly. An involuntary sigh escaped Ditzy's lips. Ever since her third month of pregnancy, her doctor ordered her grounded until the baby was born and she had recovered.

If Mystic did notice her sigh, he made no comment. "I know that dear... but..." He grunted and set down Ditzy's bag. She calmly reached inside of it. "I'm only in Ponyville until your all set up with the baby at home, and i need to know your going to be ok." Ditzy's hoof carefully pulled out one of her muffins. "I'm not going to be here forever."

"I'll be fine." One bite. "Ifs nof fike fi'm fefensefess" Two. And the muffin was gone.

"I know that, but your 342 days pregnant. The baby is due any moment, and you need to be ready."

Ditzy looked over her husband. Time and worry had not been kind to him. His blue coat was ruffled. His Purple mane had hairs poking out in every direction. His once firey red eyes had seemed to dull, and she couldn't count the bags under them. Ditzy felt bad; it was he pregnancy that turned him from royal guard to what you would call a hobo to make fun of hobo's.

"But i'm not completely useless! You just need to relax! I'm sure i'll make tons of friends who can help me out."

Mystic collapsed onto the bed. "Yeah, well, no stallions." He managed a smirk. "I'd hate to have to beat up someone in front of my wife."

"You already did that. Remember Nightmare Night?"

He rolled his eyes. "Well, he should have known your not allowed to go to the bathroom in a-" TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT "...monks. But come on honey, we're here."

Ditzy managed to walk out of the train, and took stock of her surroundings as Mystic grunted under the luggage. Ponyville. Pretty nice. Very... rustic. After a moment of looking around, and making a very important note of the location of the local bakery, Mystic nudged her. "Is that pink pony over there... is she bouncing in our direction?"

Ditzy rolled one of her eyes. "Aw, she looks friendly enough. Lets say hi!" They walked toward the strange earth pony. She was indeed bouncing... Bright pink fur complemented a poofy pink mane. her eyes were closed and her smile covered her face.

"Are you sure about this?" Mystic whispered. "Look at her cutie mark. Balloons? What the hay does a balloon cutie mark represent?"

"Aw, i'm sure it's just fine." The two parties stopped a few feet from each other. Ditzy nudged Mystic, then smiled. "Hi there. My names Ditzy and this is my husband. We were won-" It was at this point she was cut off by Mystic prodding her.

The pink pony started to... levitate? It's body seemed to be vibrating and its face turned to shock. "HUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" And just like that, it dashed off.

"That was... eventful." Mystic managed to say after a few moments of stunned silence. He managed a smirk. "Seems like you two will become the best of friends.

Ditzy didn't feel willing to joke around anymore. "Oh, shut up and lets just get to the house."



After a few moments of walking, Mystic finally admitted what Ditzy thought no stallion would ever willingly admit. She was shocked by his pure honesty in such a strange situation. "Yep." He muttered. "We're lost."

They were in the middle of a nice side street with houses towering over them, and there was only three other ponies in sight. One light blue one with some stringed instrument as a cutie-mark was walking with a white pony, who was carrying some candy. Ditzy decided they were too busy talking to each-other, and decided on the third pony. "Maybe we can ask her for directions." Derpy pointed her hoof.

"Wh- oh my." Mystic started staring

She was absolutely beautiful. Perfect white coat, wonderful purple mane, glistening blue eyes. Ditzy managed to smile in a way she hoped wasn't sarcastic and smacked her husband. He didn't phase.

"Excuse me, Miss?" The unicorn turned her head with a dramatic hair flip.

"Ye- Oh! you must be the new couple! I'm Rarity, but how are you darling? Oh, i made you a dress since your new to Ponyville, but..." The pony glanced at her stomach. Her voice started to rise. "I think i may need to resize it. Your pregnant? Congratulations! Oh, darling i can make you a dress for wh-"

Yep. Everypony in this town is absolutely insane. Ditzy decided she didn't have time to deal with this strange yet admittedly beautiful pony, made up an excuse, and spat out, "Can you just tell us where our house is?" Rarity nervously pawed at the ground for a second. Mystic was still staring at Rarity. "Pregnancy mood swing. You mentioned us as 'the new couple' so your probably knew we were coming?"

"Well, not until a few minutes ago. My friend just kind of bolted past, and..." Rarity pointed directly to her right. A nice two story house stood over the group. "Uh, that's it. 1206 Lunar lane. Nice place. I, uh... I need to go." Rarity materialized a notebook from her mane and started sketching furiously as she walked off. Oh, no, if i don't hurry i'll miss the party! I think i can get in the ba- OH! How about EMERALD? And with that thought in her head, she turned a corner and disappeared. Ditzy smacked her husband again. He seemed to wake up... if only a little.

"Wha... huh?" Mystic looked around. He knew something went wrong because Ditzy was glaring at him with an intensity he had seen three times before; Once when he was meeting Ditzy's parents, once shortly after Ditzy got pregnant and he had made a snarky remark, and once when he had eaten her muffin. "Did something happen?"

"Oh... nothing." Ditzy said with a light, playful air that ringed with "We'll talk about it later you **********************"

And with a nervous swallow from Mystic (and a glare from Ditzy), they both, anything but receptive, walked straight into Pinkie's surprise party.