• Published 18th Sep 2012
  • 952 Views, 43 Comments

A Story About Bubbles - creation62



Dinky finally asks about her mothers cutie-mark. Derpy sighs, prepares, and tells her story...

  • ...
1
 43
 952

There's Accidents and There's Incidents

"So, let me get this straight." Dinky's eyes were starting to close. A yawn penetrated her defenses. Derpy knew she couldn't stay awake much longer. "You gave the pony of... of... zzzzzz..." Peaceful rest. Derpy slowly walked out of the room... and tripped on a toy with a crash.

"POP!" Dinky's eyes shot open again.

So close.

"You gave the PONY OF POP, THE one and only SAPPHIRE SHORES... A BATH?!?!?"

Derpy walked back over near the bed, rubbing her head. "Yep." And ow.

"What was she like? Was she absolutely fabulous? Did she sing for you? Did she like your signature muffins? Did sh-"

"Shhh... If you want to know," Derpy yawned out, "you have to keep listening." Dinky quieted down again. Derpy was being totally honest with herself; she wasn't sure she wanted her filly to know what happened next. But at this point, she had no choice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER!

Ditzy was absolutely ecstatic! Not only had Sapphire Shores walked into her bathes, not only had she said that all her friends told her that she gave the most relaxing cleansing's in Equestria, and not only had she loved Ditzy's muffins...

But she hates Silk Mane almost as much as I do! Well... maybe a quarter as much as I do.

It was true. Silk had made a complete fowl of herself. First, she had stepped on Sapphire's shoe. Then, she would not stop asking any and every question. But to top it all off, when Sapphire chowed down on one of Ditzy's muffins, Silk, with all the calm of a hurricane, stalked out of the room... But not before accidently slipping on the bath soaps she had knocked over earlier!

"If there's one thing i hate," Sapphire said, licking her hooves to get the last bits of Ditzy's muffins, "its a..." she paused. Then, her eyes lit up like her dress and she broke out into verse.

"Shes a mean little filly,
She's pretty rude,
So get out of her way,
What will you do
When she comes down down down down on you,
So run along little COLT!... She's coming through!"

Best. Day. Ever.

Of course, all good things come to an end. After Sapphire left, paying Ditzy quite the generous tip, she didn't even have the time to drain the tub before Silk came storming in. "YOU." Sapphires music played softly in the background on a gramaphone.

Ditzy did her best to look innocent. She couldn't hide her grin though. "Me?"

"YOU. YOU MADE SAPPHIRE SHORES HATE ME." Ditzy could see the steam coming out of Silk's ears. She knew that what she really needed to do was diffuse the ticking timebomb that was her current boss. She knew. She didn't particularly care.

"Uh, i just gave her a bath. Last time i checked," Ditzy picked up a bottle of shampoo, checking the ingredients, "yeah, there isn't any Vitamin Hate in this ." She held out the bottle, as if meaning for Silk to look for herself.

"I'LL MAKE YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID." A crowd was gathering. "YOU'RE FIRED." Silk turned to the group, triumphant.

"Uh... you cant do that." Ditzy figured she might as well have a little fun before she stopped Silk from doing anything stupid. "My job performance is great, every customer is satisfied, and i've done nothing wrong." Ditzy held out the bulging bag of bits Sapphire had given her. "See?" Sapphire's song moved into the chorus.

Silk was just getting angrier. "WELL! I GUESS I'LL JUST TAKE THOSE!" She moved closer to Ditzy, reaching for the bag.

Ditzy easily pulled it away from her. "You also can't do that. Tips are divided, and yes, while some will go to you, most of this belongs to everyone in the Spa." Someone in the crowd cheered. Silk was starting to look desperate. She made a grab for the bag and fell on the floor. Ditzy actually started to feel sorry for her; she looked pathetic. She started to shiver and placed her hands over her head.

Ditzy moved closer to help. She never saw it coming.

Silk had fallen on one of Ditzy's more chemical shampoos, one with a pump at the top. Her thoughts went cold and she knew what she wanted to do. She squeezed the bottle a little, tensing.

When Ditzy was close enough, Silk sprange up at her.

The spray was dead on. Ditzy fell backwards, her eyes burning as if on fire.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Ditzy screamed; She did NOT want her eyeballs cleaned. Voices floated nearby.

"Oh my god!"

"Quick, grab her!"

"Is Ditzy ok?"

"She finally snapped..."

"Someone get help!"

"Whats happening with Ditzy's eyes?!?"

Sapphires song came to a exciting conclusion.

Ditzy's mind gave her a break and she passed into a black void.

"Ditzy..."

"Ditzy..."

"DITZY!"

A faint light came back into Ditzy's eyes. Something was wrong. "Wha... WHY CAN'T I SEE?" She would have sprung up if two firm hooves hadn't pinned her down.

"Relax! Ditzy! They bandaged your eyes! You'll be fine! Your in the hospital!"

"Who... Who is that?" Ditzy was scared. Last thing she remembered, there was a frosting food fight (Ditzy loved her FFF's)... or... something.

The strange horse talked again. Ditzy was pretty sure he was a... Stallion? "I brought you in here. Your eyes were damaged due to a maniac. Don't worry, they're perfectly fine. The doctors here are the best in Equestria."

A thought popped into Ditzy's head. "Wait, If they're so great, why would they bandage my eyes? They're chemicals, its not like my eyes are damaged, they just need to be rinsed out quickly."

Silence. "Yeah, about that... you were taken into surgery."

"WHAT?"

"Turns out those bottles pack a wallop. The manufacturers are being questioned as we speak, and it looks like they'll be fined and shut down for releasing harmful products into civilian lives." Ditzy was stunned.

"But... How did i get here?"

"Oh, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Mystic. Mystic Guard. I was walking around the market today when i heard someone screaming for help. I was first on the scene. Your friends told me what had happened, and as other City Guards arrived, i commanded them to take..." There was a pause and a rustling of papers. "Silk... Mane into custody. I carried you to the hospital and watched over you while you recovered."

"You watched over me?" Despite her panicked feelings, Ditzy giggled a little. "Thats pretty creepy. I thought psychos weren't allowed on the city guard."

She heard Mystic laugh. It was a nice laugh. "Yeah, well, i'm the exception. You may be glad to hear that due to reports from several other employees in the spa about management, we arrested Luxiorious for abuse and neglect. Shes the one paying for your hospital bills and rent while you recover."

Ditzy sighed, ready to fall asleep, thankful for this strange but nice pony to watch over her... but a thought sprang into her mind. She shivered with fear.

"But... What do i do now?"

END OF PART ONE. (Part two begins tomorrow, don't worry.)