• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 2,013 Views, 158 Comments

My little Short Stories - Paradise Oasis



a series of short stories set in my shared fanifc 'My Little Pony' multi-generational universe.

  • ...
14
 158
 2,013

PreviousChapters Next
Embers of Hope, part 3

Embers of Hope, part 3

Ember felt herself carried a long distance, being bounced and jostled around in her bag, before finally being dumped out on a cold stone floor.Hopping back to her hooves, the terrified filly looked around frantically.

"Where am I?" The filly cried in a panic. "What are you going to do with me?"

The earth pony was surrounded by total darkness, the only sound she could hear was the drip...drip... dripping of water off the stalactites above her. Several pairs of glowing eyes stared at her from the darkness, and she could hear the snorting and growling that sounded like the canine variety.

"Awww, poor little pony is scared!" One of the voices said out of the darkness. "Is little pony afraid of the dark?"

"Is good little pony is scared!" Another voice taunted, followed by the sound of licking his lips. "If little pony doesn't do want we want, we have pony over for dinner!"

Another roar of laughter came from the mongrels surrounding the little filly, causing her to hide her eyes and cry. She then a rusty old iron harness being slipped around her neck, and heard one of the fiends crawl over to whisper in her ear.

"Use your gift to find us gems, little pony... or you feel the leash of pain!"

Her lower lip quivering in fear, the terrified little filly had only taken a few small steps, before the sharp terrible sting came down upon her flank...

"EYEAAHHHHHHHHHH! TWILIGHT HELP ME!"

...

"THOSE MONGRELS TOOK MY BABY!" Twilight screamed in rage, barely held back by my energy shield. "My queen, we should send an army down those toilet drinker's filthy holes, and bury them alive in their own den!"

My wife and I were standing before Majesty's throne, with an ambassador from the Diamond dog tribes seated across from us. Twilight kept shooting the canine murderous glances.

"Your Excellency, I understand the pain and misery lady Twilight is going through." The brown furred diamond dog with a white vest and Diamond collar declared. "I would feel the ame way if a member of my pack was taken. But I swear to you, that the Under dog alliance and thier allied packs are not responsible for this abduction!"

"Oh, come off of it, you dumb mutt! We found the claw marks and the filled in tunnel outside of my tower apartment!" Twilight snarled, spittle flying from her mouth in her hot rage. "Everyone knows your kind drags unsuspecting ponies down to your caves to work in your gem mines! You probably want to use Ember's mysterious powers to locate your shiny gemstones for you!"

"With all due respect, my lady..." The diamond dog growled, barely keeping his composure in the face of her accusation. "... only a few packs of our kind are greedy and stupid enough to actually try and abduct ponies!"

"Twilight, I know you are in pain, but that is quite enough!" The queen glared down at my wife, finally silencing her. "Ambassador, do you have any idea who might have taken Ember?"

"There are no Diamond Dog tunnels beneath Dream Valley, Queen Majesty. Those are the grundel caverns, and we respect their territory by treaty." The dog considered, scratching his chin with a claw. "I might suggest that the abductors came up from farther below... perhaps they originated from the goblin tunnels."

"I'll get a stallion detachment down there at once." The Queen reassured . "Don't worry Twilight, my knights will smoke those green devils out."

"Thank you, my queen." My wife bowed to her, then turned to the ambassador. "I'm giving you and your people the benefit of the doubt. But be warned... if I discover that your pack is behind my baby's disappearance..." Her eyes and horn began to glow, crackling with black magical energy. "... I swear there will be hell to pay!"

"My lady, if any diamond dogs are behind the abduction and maltreatment of an innocent child," His lip turned upward in a snarl, revealing a very sharp fang. "They will not live long enough for you to get to them."

...

Out in the castle courtyard, two little ponies had snuck their way out past the guards, and were trotting towards the castle's back gate. The little filly suddenly tripped over a rock, and had to stifle a yell as she fell.

"Shhh, keep it quiet, Paws!" The little colt told her, as he helped her back up with his hoof. "We'll be in big trouble if we're caught out here!"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to." She frowned at Racer. "You sure this is the place we're supposed to meet him?"

As if in response, something suddenly penetrated the ground next to them, digging it's way up from below. A little grey creature clad in a red vest and green hat, suddenly popped out of the hole he had just dug.

"Hello, little ponies! Grundel king always here to help!" The creature with bat-like ears and a tail spoke. "Ready to go and find lost pony friend?"

"Boy, am I glad my dad left the magic mirror to contact you guys laying around!" Racer exclaimed, smiling at the monarch in greeting. " Will the rest of your tribe be helping us?"

"Grundels already searching the under dark for missing little pony." The grundel king replied, motioning the filly and the colt to trot down the passageway. "We rescue little filly, and make those dogs wish they were never born!"

PreviousChapters Next