• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 2,013 Views, 158 Comments

My little Short Stories - Paradise Oasis



a series of short stories set in my shared fanifc 'My Little Pony' multi-generational universe.

  • ...
14
 158
 2,013

PreviousChapters Next
Honeymoon in Selenia- Part one

Honeymoon in Selenia- Part one

This tale comes from right after the wedding I spoke of earlier in my writing, Apologies in advance for any conservative sensibilities this writing may upset. And please, Twilight... don't put me on the couch again for telling my readers about this...

Tornado Firehooves

Dream Castle Historian

"Can you believe this, sweetie pie?" Twilight squeed, looking out the passenger car window on our train. "We're actually going to spend our Honeymoon, in the most romantic place in all of Ponyland!"

As Twilight states the obvious in her excitement, I could only shake my mane and smile. Our wedding having gone off with only a few hiccups, Queen Majesty had been gracious enough to send us on one of the most magnificent trips a newlywed couple could ask for. The only thing that would make this aventure any better, would be if the two of us could stop calling each other these sappy and sickeningly sweet names. (Oy, the things love does to a rational mind!)

"I'm really grateful the queen could give us such a generous gift." I agree, joining her in gazing out the window. "I mean, it's only once in a lifetime even a royal from the Confederacy receives an invitation to visit Selenia. And to just hand that invite over to us as a honeymoon gift..." I trail off, still not able to believe what a wondrous gift the Queen of Dream Castle had given us. I see our train pass beyond the Pegasus guard tower that marks the confederacy, and realize that I had just crossed beyond the borders of my own country for the first time.

"I can' think of a more beautiful place to spend our first week as husband and wife, my love." She nuzzles me, rubbing her head up and down my neck. "I just know we're going to have a wonderful time."

"I would have a wonderful time anywhere, my little sugar muffin, so long as you were there with me." I reply, licking the side of her face in response.

As we passed though the Applewood hills, I noticed the tents and trading posts of the Bison tribe confederacy zoom by, the picturesque canyons and deserts they call home a beautiful sight. After we cross through a long dark tunnel, the obsidian peaks of the Darkstone mountains rose around us.

"Hm, looks like we've arrived in New Equestria." I smile, nudging my beloved, as the sprawling countryside spread out before us. "Wow, would you take a look at that view?"

A colony created by Princess Luna millennia ago, the kingdom had started as a refuge for the poor foals orphaned by the various disasters that had stuck Equestria over the ages. The kingdom slowly grew and prospered, becoming even as bountiful and happy as the homeland. A wave of immigrants poured in as the mother country slowly rotted away from within, and alicornists took refuge from the growing persecution occurring back home.

The death of Princess Luna finally caused them to declare their independence, the colonials had become sickened by the warlike race Ponyland ponies had evolved into. The newly created Ponyland Confederacy, still weak in it's infancy with enemies on all sides, could only acknowledge the colony's independence. Believing they better embodied the concept of friendship that what the homeland had become, the colony declared itself the nation of New Equestria- a self proclaimed beacon of hope for all of ponykind

On the hillsides, Twilight and I saw pony villages and towns dotting the hillsides and valleys. Quiant, picturesque little villages that looked like something off a Bright Valley postcard. Adult ponies of all three types waved to the red and silver passenger train as it roared by, as their young fillies and colts played around the ground beneath them.

"This place looks so picturesque, and those ponies look so happy." My wife noted, resting her head against me. "I've never seen ponies living in towns before. So happy, so carefree..."

It was like watching some history book come to life.... Pegasus tended the clouds above, and earth ponies worked happily in the fields below. Twilight and I stared up as the weather team bringing clouds together the skies above us, and one of the mares was drawing lighting out of a cloud by hopping up and down on it. But while I had been ready for these sights, the pony beside me was agast.

"Tornado, are those Pegasai... controlling the weather?!?" Twilight asked me in shock, her eyes going wide. "How are they doing that?!? There’s no way they can be doing that! "

"The ponies still control the weather here, sweetest." I explain to her. "The fairy folk that control Ponyland's weather never extended their influence this far south. The ponies of New Equestria guide the weather here, much as our ancestors did in old Equestria."

"Hm, that's sounds pretty handy." My wife snorted, as if the idea of ponies controlling the weather was blasphemous. "Guess these ponies think they know better than good ol' mother nature."

"Ahem... yes... well..." I cough nervously, trying to change the subject. "Oh hey, we seem to be approaching the capital!"

The train came up over the hill, and we saw a beautiful metropolis hanging off the side of the mountain before us. The castle, the town... it was like some replica of the now ruined city of Canterlot in it's heyday, save for the fact it was all constructed of obsidian of the purest purple. And symbols of a moon adorned every spire and rooftop.

"Boy they sure are dedicated to Princess Luna." Twilight commented. "I'm surprised they don't call this place the Lunar Republic."

"Har har. Look, there's Fancy Pants station." I reply, getting up out of my seat. "Let's go get our luggage, and get out there to meet our escort."

The train came to a slow stop, and the two of us stepped off onto the tarmac. The ponies around us were trotting in every direction, stepping on and off trains as they went about their business. My dear wife was in for another shock, however, as a most unexpected sound came out of the ponies's around her's mouths.

"Neigggghhh!"
"Snort, snort!"
"neigh, neigh!"

"T-tornado, w-why are they all making horse noises? Don't they know how to talk? " Twilight asked, clinging to me with her hooves. "We're surrounded by primitives! Aieeee Tornado, I don't wanna be eaten!"

"Calm yourself, Miss Twilight. Nopony is going to eat you." A yellow earth mare sighed, as she and an entire enourtage of pony servants trotted up. "Rest assured, we are more civilized here than our... protein eating friends in Dream Valley."

"Ah, so glad somebody here speaks English." I raise my hoof in greeting. "My name is thane Tornado Firehooves, and we're expected by the princess."

"My name is Pretty Vision, and I've been selected to be your guide during your stay here ." She shook my hoof. "In the name of our Beloved ruler, may I welcome you to Selenia, the capital of New Equestria."

"A pleasure, Miss Vision." I tell the pony with the mirror cutie mark. I kiss her hoof politely, causing Twilight to jealously glare at our guide in anger. "May I also introduce my wife, Twilight Shine of Dream Valley."

"Ah yes, the mare descended from Princess Twilight Sparkle." Pretty Vision bowed low before her. "Here my lady, we still recognize you as a princess. May I welcome you to our fair kingdom, your highness. And I hope that you and I will get to become good friends."

"Hmph. So I'm a princess here, am I?" My wife looked at her in contempt, after the earth mare had uttered the 'f' word. "Then take our bags to our room, peasant, an be quick about it!"

"As your wish, your majesty." Pretty Vision grumbled, muttering to herself as she motioned for several servant ponies behind her to take our bags. "Right this way, if you please."

The two of us followed her, and were taken aback by the many sights that greeted our eyes. Ponies laughed and talked together freely, in ways that shocked Twilight's conservative Dream Valley sensibilities. And the sight of several temples dedicated to Celestia and Luna that we passed made my blood boil, a fact I was barely able to hide with a smile.

"My my... you certainly adore the alicorns here." I comment, my smile slowly turning into a grimace. "I don't think I've ever seen this many monuments to the ancient princesses anywhere."

"Why yes, we have Temples dedicated to Princess Luna, our kingdom's sweet mother, all over the capital." The mare smiled, her heart swelling with pride. "But we also have many chapels dedicated to Princess Celestia, Princess Cadence, and Princess Twilight Sparkle, as well!" She looked back at the two of us with a wink and a smile. "You two should visit them to ask for blaessings for your marriage, if you get the chance."

The look on Twilight face told me she was contemplating ponycide, when we finally arrive at our hotel. Pretty Visions guided the two of us up to our room, and the servant set our bags down on the floor.

"Now if you two need anything, you just ring the desk." The earth mare bowed to us, as she and the other ponies trotted back out the door. "I shall be by tommorrow, to take you to the castle. Have a pleasant stay!"

"Can you believe the nerve of that mare?" Twilight snorted indignantly, after the Door had closed. "Spewing out that ponygan blasphemy in our faces! And the way she got fresh with you like that! Ohhhhhhhh!"

"Now Twilight, remember this is thier country." I remind her, surprised at how much our roles are reversed from the incident at Fort Rainbow Dash. "But that's not really bothering you, is it? I can feel how nervous and upset you are, my love... what's wrong?"

"You can read me all too well... damn this blasted lifebond. "She sighed, and trotted over to look out the window, at the sprawling city beneath us. "I-I'm sorry Tornado, it's just... I've dreamed of this moment, here with you, for a long time now." She lowered her head. "And now that we're here... like this..." She turned to me, her long, Farrah Fawcett styled mane hiding her face. "I-i-it's just I've never.... with a stallion..." She blushed a deep red, tapping her hooves together nervously . "I don't know if I..."

"Then it'll be a new experience for both of us." I tell her, gently taking the mare I love into my hooves. "I love you so much, Twilight. And nothing could make me happier than this moment."

"I-I love you too, Tornado." He replied, resting her head against me. "And I wouldn't want any other stallion in the world here with me now."

The two of us shared the most passionate kiss of our lives, as my unicorn powers levitated the light switch off. And that night, the two of us experienced the most passionate and wonderful nights that any two ponies could ever conceive of.

It was a night... of true love.

PreviousChapters Next