• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 2,013 Views, 158 Comments

My little Short Stories - Paradise Oasis



a series of short stories set in my shared fanifc 'My Little Pony' multi-generational universe.

  • ...
14
 158
 2,013

PreviousChapters Next
Embers of Hope, part 2

Embers of Hope, part 2

“Good night, Twilight. See you tomorrow.”

"Good night, little one." The older mare replied, smiling tenderly. "Sweet dreams."

Ember closed her eyes, and drifted off into the pleasant repose of slumber. Seeing that her young charge was safely asleep, the pink unicorn smiled and clicked the light to her room off. But it wasn’t long after the darkness enveloped her, that a bright light suddenly filled her field of vision.

“H-huh?” The confused earth filly asked, looking around and blinking in confusion. “Where am I? What’s going on?”

At first, it appeared that Ember was standing in front of the Dream Castle. Ponies she knew and loved danced and played in the sun before it’s gates, and a general feel of happiness permeated all of her surroundings

“Wind Whistler, throw me the ball!”

“Shady, stop sitting there and moping, and come join our picnic!”

“Oh, Fizzy! Why’d you pop those balloons! They were for the party!”

The ponies that the little filly lived with and knew were happy and joyous, until a dark cloud suddenly eclipsed the sun. The ponies suddenly grew fearful, and began to run in every direction as dark, finger-like tendrils descended from the sky. The grasped at the terrified ponies, capturing them and throwing them into fiery pits that seemed to open out of nowhere from deep in the earth.

"Somebody, help us!"

"Eeeeeeeeeeee!"

To her horror, Ember could hear the cries and screams of the dark cloud's victims. Until the filly saw a dark hand descending, grasping for her.

"No, keep away! Keep away!" Ember cried out in terror, running away as the shadowy fingers closed around her. "Twilight, help me! Aieeeeeeeeee!"

"Ember.."

Suddenly, the little filly was enveloped by a flash of light, and she found herself on the open fields of Ponyland once more. Before her , floated a great glowing ball light, and the dark shadow and wispy black clouds fled before it.

"Ember..."

Before her eyes, appeared the most beautiful pony Ember had ever seen. A glowing pink coat, the large and lovely pair of feathery wings... Ember had seen this ethereal pony before, and knew her warm and loving presence even as she stood before her.

"Oh, Angel Pony!" The little filly raced forward, grabbing the elegant mare in a tight hug. "I'm so glad to see you here! I just saw something that was just awful!"

Known to all ponies the entire world over, this great deity was the protector and kind of all the equines of this world. She would often appear to the chosen ponies to deliver messages and give advice, appearing in both visions and dreams. Greater than a million alicorns, angel pony was one third of the trinity that made up the great horsemaster, the maker of this world and all the living things that dwelled within it. This divine entity was known to a thousand different races under a thousand different faces, forms, and names... but to all followers of Zororpothisim, she was known as the angel pony.

I know, little one, of the terrible things you have seen." Angel pony reassured the scared little filly, wrapping her in her wings, and filling Ember with a warmth that felt like pure euphoric bliss. "It is the future you see, if Ponykind's hearts remain hardened."

"Oh no, how terrible!" The little filly wailed, closing her eyes, as the divine mare gently nuzzled her. "Angel Pony, how can this terrible thing be stopped?"

But when she opened her eyes, the real creator of the world, and all of the things from her vision were gone. "A-angel pony? Where are you?" Looking around, Ember found herself in her own room, lying in her own bed once more.

"Oh, Angel Pony..." The little filly whispered, pulling her sheet closer around her body. "What in the world am I supposed to do?"

It was at that moment, that Ember felt a chill coming from her nearby bedroom window. Seeing the white lace curtains gently billowing in the breeze, Ember realized that Twilight never would have left the window open on a chilly spring night.

"Ahhhh, there she is!" A voice hissed from the darkness, as the filly saw several pairs of glowing eyes staring at her. "The little pony who will help us find all of the gems!"

"TWILI- mmph!" The little filly started to shriek, before a furry clawed paw closed over her mouth. As several clawing, grasping paws shoved the struggling little baby pony into a brown sack and tied it up, Ember could smell the stench of several large, greedy canines all around her, and her little heart suddenly grew greatly afraid.

"Yes, clairvoyant little pony help us find all the gems in pony!" One of the voices barked, as Ember felt the bag lifted out the window. "Or little pony will end up as a yummy little dinner!"

The evil laugh of a horrible creature, whose heart knew only the greedy lust for jewels and gemstones, echoed across Dream Castle's courtyard. Down the hall, a unicorn mare was suddenly startled awake, sitting up in bed in a cold sweat.

"What the hay?" I groan groggily, looking at the alert mare sitting up in bed next to me. "Twilight, what is it?"

"Something's happened..." She leapt out of bed, galloping down the hallway towards our little filly room at the end of the hall. "Something's wrong!"

Getting out of bed and putting my spectacles on, I quickly followed her down the hall, and only made if halfway when I heard my wife's terrified voice echo throughout the castle. "Oh no... "

"EMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!"

PreviousChapters Next