• Published 12th Sep 2012
  • 2,014 Views, 158 Comments

My little Short Stories - Paradise Oasis



a series of short stories set in my shared fanifc 'My Little Pony' multi-generational universe.

  • ...
14
 158
 2,014

PreviousChapters Next
A Christmas Reunion, Part 1

A Christmas Reunion, Part 1

"Oh, wow!" Fizzy exclaimed, looking at all the yuletide festivities surrounding her. "This is gonna be the best Christmas EVER!"

It was Christmastime at Dream Castle, and the spirit of the holiday season was in the air. Garland and red ribbons hung on all the walls, and lights the citadel's lavender exterior. Ponies ran hither and yon, unicorns levitating boxes of decorations, and Pegasus carrying bags filled with gifts in their mouths, rushing back to their apartments with their latest newly-bartered treasures.

In the great hall, several mares, stallions, and foals were gathered for a grand party, dipping into the punch bowl and wishing each other a happy holiday in the shadow of the castle's great four hundred foot Christmas tree. Among the gathered equines, were a set of three friends -Fizzy, Glory, and Shady- who were looking around, and admiring all of the holiday decorations the Pegasus had put up.

"Yeah, even I think the castle looks amazing!" Shady replied, in a voice unusually cheerful for the normally depressed pony. "I gotta say Glory, your decoration teams did a marvelous job making this place shine!"

"Awww, thanks girls! I do so love decorating for Christmas!" Glory replied proudly, smiling as she looked over the results of all her extensive planning. "This time of year is the most festive holiday party to plan for, it brings out the artist in an event coordinator!"

"Wow, I know Christmas is a really fun holiday and all." Fizzy added, levitating a Santa hat onto her head. "But why does it mean so much for you to decorate for it?"

"It's a long story, Fizz." The white unicorn replied, looking up as one of the Pegasus hung a wreath on the wall. "See, my mom was always to busy making holiday outfits for her customers this time of year, and she never had the time to spend with any of us foals during the holiday. Oh, she promised every year she'd take off and spend with us and dad, but she was just too wrapped up in her work." She shook her mane. "Now as an adult, whenever I decorating for this season. I try to think about how she would've enjoyed it. I always try to imagine Christmas would be like if mom was still here."

"Aaaawwww, that's so sad!" Shady replied, her face drooping back to it's usual melancholy look. "I don't understand how you can even like Christmas after something like that!"

"Ohhh, it's not that bad, Shady! You see-" Glory suddenly trailed off, suddenly noticing how quiet the ballroom stage was. Looking up at the clock, the mare turned to the blue unicorn beside her. "Fizzy, did you remember to book some holiday entertainment when I asked you to?"

"Umm, well, that is..." Fizzy stuttered, looking back and forth between Glory and the stage and the white pony.

"Fizzy, when I told you I was too busy to get a performer, you said you had it covered!" Glory snapped angrily. "Oooohh, why did I trust a doofus with something so important!"

She had just finished talking, when the red curtains slid open, and all the ponies in the room began to hoof-clap.

"Relax Glory, I did get a performer!" Fizzy giggled, quickly remembering her recent visit to Bright Valley. "And you just won't believe who agreed to sing!"

"Hello, all you little ponies!" The white earth stallion on stage exclaimed, causing all the younger mares and fillies in the room to swoon, "Are you all ready to rock with Nightshade?"

That glittery jacket... that blue pompadour... as soon as she laid eyes on this sparkling pony, Shady instantly knew who the stallion was. Nightshade and the Shadowettes, one of the most popular bands in all of Ponyland, Second only to D.J. and the Dance 'n Twirl ponies in popularity, Nightshade had been involved in a wizard's scheme to steal the shadows of innocent equines. The Dream Valley ponies had helped defeat the wizard and free the stallion, and the grateful singer had agreed to sing at the castle whenever the ponies wanted him.

"Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock!" The glittery stallion sang. "Jingle bell time in jingle bell chime!"

"Night shade! Whoohoo!" An entire herd of filly groupies swarmed the base of the stage, cheering and jumping at the singing sensation in front of them. in between the screaming Baby Lofty and the bouncing Baby Heart Throb, Baby Bow TIe was about ready to jump up on stage, howling the singer's name.

"Nightshde! Yay Nightshade!" The crushing preteen filly screamed, jumping up on the stage. "I wanna have your foal!"

"Whoah there, little filly!" The musician stopped her, moving to help the little filly off the stage. "You need to watch from the floor!"

But as the three mares watched the earth pony help the little filly down, all the color suddenly drained from Glory's face.

"Fizzy, you moron!" The white mare shrieked, slapping the other unicorn over the head with a hoof. "How could you invite that don juan pony to sing at our Christmas party!"

"Ow! Hey!" The mare rubbed her head with her hoof. "What's wrong? What did I do this time?"

"Fizzy, don't you know who's helping me decorate the ballroom this year?!?" Glory's expression changed to a look of horror, as she saw a blue earth mare with ribbons in her mane, came trotting into the room. "Oh, dear...."

"Hey, Glory? I got those green bows you wanted for the west wall." Bow Tie whinnied, carrying the ribbons in a box on her back. "Will you need help putting... them... up?"

Bow Tie caught sight of the musician with his hooves on baby Bow Tie, and it only took a moment for the singer to spy her.

"H-hi, Bow Tie...." Nightshade said nervously, "Long time, no see..."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

In a lightning quick second, the enraged mare had leapt onto the stage, kicked the musician away from her daughter, and was now choking him with his own microphone cord.

"STAY....AWAY...FROM...MY...BABY...YOU...MONSTER!"

"Bow Tie, No! Don't kill him!" Glory pleaded, jumping up on stage to stop her.

"Yeah, we won't get the deposit we gave his agent back!" Fizzy yelled, jumping up after her friend.

Using their combined magic, the two unicorns pulled the kicking and screaming mother off the terrified Nightshade.

"Let me go! Blast it, let me go!" Bow Tie screamed, hot tears of anger pouring down her face. "I'll kill him! I'LL KILL HIM!"

Author's Note:

The events of this story tie into this chapter; http://www.fimfiction.net/story/50838/9/my-little-short-stories/betrayal , and the Story 'the mag nificent Six'

PreviousChapters Next