• Published 18th Dec 2011
  • 6,405 Views, 171 Comments

My Shy Little Friend - ChromeRegios



Fluttershy had the same problem like Dashie 5 years ago

  • ...
14
 171
 6,405

A Basket at my Doorstep

I stopped by a small convenience store and bought some coke, I sat outside looking at the sky in a melancholic way, thinking about the times I had with my parents. Well, not all memories in my mind are good. There was almost a time I really wished they were dead! And just stop going through my life with such nagging, “Don't do this!” or “Don't do that!”. Man its making me sick! I snapped back to reality, leaving my unsavory memories of my parents behind along with my empty coke bottle near the store and went home.

At the very moment I got home, I immediately opened my T.V and watched “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya” A Japanese anime that was suppose to be popular among the locals there. I could see why it was 'very' popular. Animes are also one of my favorite things to watch, but most of all are the ponies. After the show I logged in to my computer and watched the latest update of MLP. The same, heart warming sight made all my bad memories go to waste as I watch them in their adventures. After which I went to bed, hoping to see them in the dream world.

That morning as usual, I went to school thinking the boring damn lectures are about to go through the day again, The worst is, it was raining hard. I really hate fucking rain! By the looks of things, this might last till afternoon, and well guess what ... It did. Every hour I spend in class was torture! Equations, numerical's and algorithms. The damn fucking numbers are making me fall asleep on class all the time, and wished that all of this would just disappear. That afternoon, I was about to go to work when a Fire Truck came passed me and went towards the shop I was working on.

Apparently The store was on fire and all of its contents are turned to ash! So to speak, the employees got their salary of the day and just left. I on the other hand, also got my salary yet I didn't do anything today. A bit of dishonesty had aroused in me and just took the money without asking questions why they given me. I just thought, well... Maybe just an advance pay, or maybe they just didn't see me that I was actually not working at the time. At any case, I don’t care any of it at all...

I went home early to catch more of my favorite shows from the afternoon time scale, inorder for me to catch up the interesting story of both ponies and Haruhi. As i was about to reach my house something caught my eye. Near the ground i saw hoof prints of some horse or cow. Thinking that maybe one of the live stock from the nearby farm must have gotten out and went astray. I didn't bother to check at it, for it was not of my business at all, then again, I just remembered that... There was no longer any livestock there. Since the land grew dry, not a single farmer ever went back to that site. This got me baffled at so many ways, I followed the tracks leading to an open field disappearing through the thick land of grass. I didn't bother to continue through because of the rain. I just left that thought and ran inside the house.

That evening I was happily watching MLP in my computer, listening to the song “Winter Wrap Up” and singing along with it. Just as I was about to turn it off, a little knock on my door echoed to my house. I stopped. Listening to it again, like a ticking of a clock, it knocked two or three times before it pauses again. “That's strange” I Thought to my self. I never expected any company tonight, Hell I don't even remember Invited anyone at all! Thinking it must be a thug, or a thief I grabbed a wooden sword like stick and went for the door. I slowly opened the door and prepared my weapon, gripping tightly within the base of the stick about to bash the freaking head of the intruder. I raised the stick up high as I opened the door in full swing. But all I found was a basket with a paper attached to its side, with crude writing that almost unreadable. I squinted on the letters to find a meaning to it, until finally I got the message. “Please give to a caring home”

“Oh great! A cat, Just what I need” I sarcastically said, I really need no pets at this time so I just left it outside without taking a look at whats inside. I went to bed and tried to sleep, but every time I close my eyes, that basket keeps popping up through my mind! I can’t sleep at all, my curiosity and mercy got the better at me. I quickly put on my jacket and goes back to the door to bring the basket in. The basket is poorly made, and it seems its about to crumble at any second. I placed the basket near the couch and sat next to it, there was a small white blanket covering a small thing inside it, that moves a little every second. I still wonder what was inside the basket, if it were a cat it should have meowed for milk or something. I poked it once and twice, and every time I poked it ... it squeaked.

“Wait, Squeaked?!”

I quickly pull out the blanket, but as soon as I took it out a lightning struck outside causing all the lights in my house to go out. as soon as the lights went out I heard another squeak followed by something crawl up to my jacket. I was motionless, only feeling what the animal is doing next. As I looked under my jacket the creature was cuddled along my chest, and it looks frightened by the lightning. As I took the flashlight and looks at the thing cuddled up my chest, I saw a bright yellow fur, with pink hair at its back neck.. It no larger than a book and slightly shaken by the event.
As I look at it in the light, my heart sank and my head felt it went big. I can’t believe what I was seeing! There is not a physical, mental, or extraterrestrial way how this could be here... How she could be here, in my stinking, pathetic and horrid world. I examine her further,
My hands are sweating, my breathing erratic, and I'm blinking my eyes trying to refresh my vision. every time I opened my eyes it was the same thing.

There is no doubt that the creature hiding between my jacket is no other than a frightened, filly.. Fluttershy.

This is insane! I must be going crazy! Right in front of me... And I mean In front of me! Was a young Fluttershy. “This must be a dream” I said to my self. I pinched my self to be sure, but she’s still there. Inside my jacket, hiding. The next thing I knew I started to ask my self, besides the fact that a “Fluttershy in a basket” thing.. Its Why would anybody.. or rather why would anyone give up a Filly Fluttershy? I mean that’s just stupid of them not to take her in!

Well... I almost did, but thank god I didn't left it outside.

I was about to stand up and bring her to my room to sleep but bumped at the table near me, and the inevitable happened: she looked up, straight through my eyes.

At first I thought: “She’s gonna do the stare at me” but she didn't, She looks around, rubbing her face with a foreleg, trying to figure out where she is...

At first all she sees are the leather sides of my jacket, but then she looks back up to me. Those large black eyes, along with the pink-colored rim around them, drive my heart to, as the people geeks say, explode... twice. The sheer cuteness of it all drives me to kneel back down, and I can't hold back a smile. Never in all my years I smiled like that, not since i got my new P.S and laptop..but still not like this much at all!

She looks at me with such confusion, I didn't know what to say next..