• Published 18th Dec 2011
  • 6,405 Views, 171 Comments

My Shy Little Friend - ChromeRegios



Fluttershy had the same problem like Dashie 5 years ago

  • ...
14
 171
 6,405

Our Last Moments...

(If its not much trouble, Play this while you read it.)

Theme for this story

Celestia finishes her words and looked over Shy, I couldn't say anything more. Rather, I just gave Fluttershy a one last big hug, before she leaves me forever...

Dash, walks by my side with her eyes still tearing up.

“Is there something you might want to say to her? Because, you might never see her again. This is your last chance, sir.” I nodded to her suggestion and looked at Shy’s saddened face, looking directly at her eyes, then I let my words flow out of my mouth.

“Those fourteen years had been the most mystical, yet enjoyable experience of my life. What ever happened back in your world, doesn't matter to me here. All I wanted is for you to be happy,” I looked at Twilight and gave her some words as well, “Twilight, I don't know actually what you did to her that time, I should be mad for your irresponsibility towards your friends. But instead, I thank you. Thank you, for bringing Fluttershy to my life and made me to the man I am now.” Finally I turn my attention back to Fluttershy. “And finally, thank you Fluttershy. Because of you, I learned a valuable lesson in life, No matter how far love ones are apart, they are always be in our hearts...no matter what.”

No matter how I try to crack a smile, I always end up crying even more. But twilight just looked away and lets her sadness out.

Celestia then stood from the rug she laid on, and walked over to me as I stood.

"No need for thanks, good sir. Instead, I wish to thank you, for taking care of one of my little ponies. She would have never made it without someone much like yourself."

Dash stepped beside me and told me to hold still, Celestia closed her eyes and then leaned her horn towards me. I wasn't sure what to do, I only did what I could think of, I stood still. At that moment, a sudden warmth yet comfortable feeling rushed to my body; It was like the goddess her self gave me an embrace. She moved her horn away, smiling as she moved back.

“Thank you...” Dash spoke up a bit of tears falling from her cheeks and hugged me tight. I never thought that dash would be like this over this situation, then again...she did went to the same ordeal as shy.

Applejack came close to me and offers a hoof-shake.

“Thanks a lot for takin’ care of Fluttershy.” She kindly shakes my hand, which I didn't expect. I was thinking she would shake my hand in a fast pace, like when she shook Twilights hoof in episode one with such speed, or as she say “The apple family greeting”

She lets go, this time Rarity spoke.

"Thank you, darling, for caring for our Fluttershy," Rarity spoke as she only gave me a simple thank you, nothing more nothing less..

“Thank you, sir.” Twilight spoke, despite of her crying she manages to say it clearly.

Finally Pinkie gave me a huge hug and shouted, “THANK YOU!” to the top of her lungs. I could have sworn that her mane smelled like Vanilla, it was a scent to remember the hyper active knuckle head of Equestria, In a good way.

She lets go and went back to her friends, I remained quiet as gave them a nod, then looked back to Shy, who also wore a smile on her face.

All of the ponies gathered to Fluttershy as Twilight’s horn lights up once more.

“Are you ready now, Shy?” Dash asked Shy, as Twilight prepares for the final act.

She simply nodded, as she closed her eyes and awaited for the final spark.

Like in the movie “The Matrix” Everything seemed to slow down as Twilight’s horn went closer and closer to Shy’s forehead. My mind suddenly bombarded me with memories of us together. I fairly remember her first word, when she was sitting next to me while watching Animal Planet. I could still feel the burn marks that I made when I was teaching her to cook a dozen times. I could still smell the fresh air when we went to my favorite spot to have a picnic, where she got her cutie mark. There were so many memories, that I simply had to cut off from my brain so that I could keep myself focused on Shy.

I watched Twilight as she drew her horn closer to Shy, until it touched her forehead. I could see one final tear rolled down her cheek, as she was doing the same thing as I am. Remembering the times of us being together.

A bright light engulfs the room, blinding me in the process. I shouted her name to the top of my lungs. As the light disappears, I slowly regained my sight. They were all gone. All of the ponies had vanished. She was gone and no longer with me now. It felt wrong, yet at the same time it felt right. She was now the old Fluttershy that belonged in Ponyville. I stood there, for a few more seconds and collapsed on the floor, kneeling on the same place where Shy once stood not long ago. I looked around my living room and noticed something different about it; My game console was not in the floor anymore, the stuffed toys Shy used to play was now gone, and the only one picture frame of us mounted at the wall was now a blank picture.

All of her personal belongings scattered through out the room were all gone, including the DVD’s I rented for her to watch is also gone. I was a bit confused now, despite my broken heart, I went to her room to see if she was still there, hoping for the impossible to come true I flung the door open to see a smiling Fluttershy looking at me. But to my dismay, it was just an old poster of her I bought 10 years ago before I even met her.

Her bed is now filled with boxes of my old stuff, and her drawer with flower patterns and pink paint became an old dusty mid 1980’s drawer.

I went down and sat on the couch, recollecting of what just had happened. Then it all made sense, but it made my heart bleed even more. I thought to my self that Celestia must have removed all existence of Shy ever being here. Being with me. Fourteen years were trashed, just like that as her existence was removed off the face of the earth. I felt that all those years were in vain, completely wasted as I wouldn't be able to remember her.

And yet... my memories of her are still intact. I could remember everything as if it were still as clear as when they happened. Then the thought snapped: she did something with her magic when she touched me with her horn. Did she protected my memories so that I would remember her? Had she done the same for Shy? As I stood up and went to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee, I spot something on a plate near my dining table... I recognized it; it was my scrap book. I walked to it and picked it up, and opened it to the first page. There, was my mother and father with me shortly after I was born. It was a poorly made scrap book, which I regret not buying a photo album instead.

I carefully continued to flip through them, for the pages were easily torn as I stroll down memory lane. There was a gap after my parents died, but to keep my mother's dream going I had picked it back up. Making false pictures of happy times and enjoying my life to stick into my scrap book of memories. Then, I opened up to a piece of paper. I picked it up, and immediately recognized the hand writing. Or rather, her mouth writing. I guessed that this was what she had written down before she left.

Dad,

For fourteen years you took care of me. For fourteen years you loved me, played with me, and made sure I enjoyed my life in a world not meant for the likes of me. I'm not a mare of many words, yet even though I told you this in person, I felt you might understand it with a simple letter.

I love you daddy. You helped shape me into the mare I am now. But then again, you made me learn of my true self, showing me not to be scared, to be brave! And stay strong even on the hard times we come across. Taking care of my animal friends there, and making sure I was safe. I may not as brave as you, but you did a wonderful job making me a friendly mare.

With Celestia's permission, I hope to allow you to keep our photos; our memories, with you so that you will never forget. Again, I love you, and thank you.

Your little daughter always,
Your little Shy-Shy forever,
Fluttershy

At the back of the note, there’s a memory card stuck on the corner of the paper, I took it and inserted it to my phone. Once the memory card sets in, a video appears before my eyes. I was soon greeted by Fluttershy’s filly smile.

“Daddy!!”

It was a video made 8 years ago, after her 8Th birthday.

Now that shes gone, I sit here alone looking at my almost condemned house. Remembering all the times we had together. Her first word, her first failed cooking attempt, her first animal friend and even her first fallen feather, all in this room of memories inside my head and my small scrap book. Everything else in the house seemed to have vanished, but what I had put into this scrap book still remains.

My life had been change from bad to good, from depressing, to a very wonderful one. but something resides in my heart, a missing piece, a piece that was recently took out. I was sad, depressed and once again lonely. I never thought loosing someone you cared and loved for could be this hard to over come. She’s gone, she’s now home, back where she’s belong, and safe of anyone else finding out about her.

I look back at the video over and over again, turning to the past days, the last days were together, until the video went to the part that we recently took yesterday. There’s a lot more space in this memory card. I still have a lot of life ahead of me, and still...I don't know whats going to happen next.

I lived my life, with such dull, uneventful and unsavory path, but now.. I live my life, along side the memory of Fluttershy with me, carrying the memory card of videos that we made.

Another year had passed, Joyce and I are getting along very well. She too forgotten about Fluttershy which made me even sadder, that I was the only one who knows. As we parted ways, I went straight home... I still imagine that she might just pop out somewhere and say, “I miss you dad!” But I knew it was impossible.

I finally reached my home, I took the key and unlocked it, as I entered the house I opened the lights and went to the kitchen to make some coffee. As I was busy mixing the sugar and milk, I felt something walked behind me.

My body froze, and my mind is racing... I knew this presence all too well, I stood there as I heard a soft voice coming from behind me, and called out...

“Dad?”...