• Published 19th Aug 2012
  • 2,967 Views, 55 Comments

When Technology fails - Ponynator



What happens when a human build teleporter fails and sends one innocent guy to Equestria?

  • ...
9
 55
 2,967

Chapter 7: But magic isn't real!

"I-is he d-dead?" Twilight stuttered at the sight of the non-moving human.

"I don't think so," Rainbow Dash said while hovering over him. "He's still breathing."

"Well, at least we know now that humans can faint." Luna stated. "Do you think this was a bit too harsh?"

"Pfft! He just overreacted." The blue mare replied.

Twilight gave her a stern look. "You would have fainted too if you were in his situation!"

The pegasus looked straight into her friends eyes. "No I would not! Nothing can scare me that much!"

"Lightning apparently can." The moon goddess chuckled.

A blush appeared on Rainbow Dash's face. "Th-that was different! I didn't expect you to scare me like that!"

"Like him, huh? Do you think that he expected to crash land on a different planet and then talk with aliens in the same language?" Luna stated.

The blush on her face spread. "No! I still wouldn't have reacted like him!" But the other two didn't respond and turned to the human again, to tease her apparently! "Hey! I didn't faint."

"Yes, you flew away - screaming." The unicorn teased with a smirk..

"No I didn't!" But the others didn't react. "Fine, if your only interest is getting on my nerves, I will go." She crossed her hooves and flew to the door, opening it. "I'm at my house." She slammed the door shut.

Luna had a depressing and unsure look on her face and turned to Twilight. "I had no idea that she is this sensitive."

"Don't worry, she's just playing the mad mare. She will come again in five, four, thr-" Twilight was cut off by the opening door.

The blue pegasus came flying in and landed beside the bed. "I am just here because I don't want to miss anything." She muttered.

"Sure thing." Her friend replied receiving a cold shoulder. "However, if we assume that his anatomy can be compared to that of a pony, he will wake up in a few minutes - or an hour. I think that we should discuss what we are going to do when this happens."

"Yeah, but what should we do? If he is this anxious he will faint again when seeing us!" Rainbow Dash stated.

"Maybe not. But risking another shock of him wouldn't be so great, too."

"What if we just kick him - preventing him from losing his mind and fainting?" The blue mare suggested.

"Rainbow Dash, we can't do such a thing! What if he gets angry? Calls out a war because we attacked him?" The princess feared.

"Then what else could we do?"

The unicorn rubbed her chin. "What if we put the bandage on his head again and try to talk at first before attacking his mind with the sight of us?"

"Hmm, that could work. And since we don't have any better idea, we will do that." Luna declared. She grabbed the bandage with her magic and carefully lifted his head up, so she could barely wrap the bandage around.

"So what are we gonna do now? Wait until he awakes?" The pegasus asked.

"What would Big Macintosh say now? Eeyup!" The unicorn giggled.

"Great! And all of this without even a Daring Do book."

"The new one just came out yesterday; but you were just so amused by our human over here that I couldn't get the chance to give it to you."

"What? Oh hay! I forgot that already. Wait a minute, I will look around if I can find it around." With a rainbow coloured flash she ran out of the room and nearly bumped into the two guards protecting the door.

Luna was surprised by her extreme need for a Daring Do book. "Incredible how much she likes books; I always thought she wouldn't like reading at all."

"Well, there was that flight accident she had a while ago; after staying in hospital for some time and being totally bored she finally decided to start reading a book - she couldn't stop and now she's crazy after the Daring Do series."

"They are very well written after all and the character fits her perfectly, no wonder she likes them." The moon goddess smiled. " I remember when I started reading them; I just don't know why I stopped."

Suddenly they could hear a loud gasp, they turned to Jan, but it wasn't him. "CODE LYRA!" It was Rainbow Dash, flying straight at the door with an immense speed, forcing the guards to duck. "Duck and cover, she's coming!!" She crash landed into the room.

"What, Lyra? Rainbow, what have you done? Did you tell her about him?" Twilight looked angry at her friend.

"No I didn't, I swear! She was standing at the bookshelves, she asked me why I am in the hospital, I answered that I would be helping you, she interrupted me and asked 'HUMAN??'", she cocked her head and widened her eyes at the word. "She saw the look in my face and ambushed me with questions, I flew upstairs and she was following me!" Both mares looked with wide eyes at her exhausted friend.

"Oh no, Princess Luna. This is bad! You have no idea how-"

"-how Lyra reacts to humans? I know Twilight! Tia had to deal with that earlier; when she hears just a bit about it then not even an alicorn is able to stop her!" Luna gulped. "Guards! Don't let Lyra Heartstrings trespass!"

"Yes, Princess." The guards replied, giving a salute. They flared their wings and prepared for the incoming rage-mare; they could hear her hooves - she was coming. Giving their angriest stare they faced the green flash, but before they could do anything, she crashed into them, sending them flying and crashing into the wall. "What the hay was that?"

Quickly Luna shut the door and locked it. With a loud *crack* Lyra ran into the door - stuck with her horn. "Wow, that was close."

"I know you are in there." Lyra said in a singing voice, giving the mares inside the room shivers. "And I know about the human."

"And what are we supposed to do now?" The lavender unicorn panicked.

"Let the guards handle it." The blue pegasus suggested.

"Good idea! Guards, take care of Lyra and bring her somewhere else!" The dark alicorn commanded.

"We swear that we would do anything to protect the princesses and even give our lives if we have to; but this is insane!" One of them said.

"Insane? Fighting against this crazy mare is worse than attacking a dozen of alicorns!!" The other one replied.

"I AM NOT CRAZY!!" The mint green unicorn yelled, trying to free her horn from the door.

"By the love of Celestia, RUN!" A guard screamed.

"You come back here this instant, or I will give you nightmares for the rest of your life!" Luna threatened them with a twitching eye.

"Still better than facing that mare." The other one answered.

Her eye twitched rapidly. Unbelievable! What the hay is wrong with them, they usually don't act like that. "Guards! I order you to come back!" But nobody answered. "Great! I hope you have fun with Shining Armor later." She muttered to herself. And with a small spell of mine.

Lyra was still stuck and trying to free herself. "Could you please get my horn out of the door?"

"Lyra Heartstrings!" It was the voice of the doctor. "What are you doing up here? You should stay in bed until the side effects of your medicaments aren't showing anymore!" A magical aura appeared around her body and the horn slowly moved out of the door. "Nurse Redheart, I think that it would be better to tie her down until her mind is clear again." They could hear the struggling of Lyra and the sound of a wheelchair. "You can open the door now, she's gone."

Luna looked through the new hole. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, and believe me, she won't come again for some time."

She opened the door. "She was even crazier than before, what has happened to her?"

"She had collapsed in her home yesterday, apparently she tried a very strong spell."

"But that would only end with her fainting and not in a hospital."

"This situation is different; at first we thought that she had just overused her magic abilities, but after some time we realized that she has been knocked out by a very strong - maybe electrical - shock that made her body incapable of producing magic."

"An electrical shock? Wouldn't such a strong one kill her?"

"And that's the point. We don't know how she survived it and without any injuries at all. It's possible that it wasn't electricity, maybe a different kind of energy."

"Have you asked her about the spell?"

"We did, but she refuses to answer." He rubbed the back of his head. "But something different is bothering me; she seems to absorb magical energy and we are incapable of using any spell on her besides the ones that doesn't affect her body itself, like telekinesis."

"For Jan it's the same, I could feel how his body absorbs my magic."

"I know and that's the strangest part; they both show the same symptoms at the SAME time! There must be a connection between this, but like I said, she refuses to tell us what exactly happened... like Jan."

"Let me go! I want to see the human!" Lyra yelled from the elevator.

"I think that I should go and help the nurses, Lyra is still under the influence of a few medicaments we gave her and you have seen how crazy she is in this state." With that he went after the nurses, they could still hear the struggling of Lyra.

"That was awkward... nevermind." Luna turned back to the bed and the other two ponies in the room. "We still need to discuss-", in exact the same moment Jan's head slowly began to move. Of course! He had to awake in the worst possible moment.

Jan groaned. "Ugh... why do I always have these nightmares.... talking ponies... something ain't right with my head..."

For a moment everyone was silent, after some time Luna finally began to speak. "Good morning Jan."

The human was shocked by her sudden voice. "Wow Luna! Don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry, you were still sleeping when I went in. Uhm... did you sleep well?"

"I had a very weird dream, but aside from that I slept well."

"A weird dream?"

"Yeah, I was in the hospital with you and two of your friends, we talked a bit and you told me that I would be on a different planet. I didn't believe you of course and you unwrapped the bandage around my head."

"And what happened then?" Luna said, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"After you unwrapped the bandage I could see you with your friends standing in front of my bed and you were ponies! Talking ponies!"

"I kinda have bad news for you Jan."

"Bad news? Like 'you will die' or 'you will loose a limb'", he chuckled. "Or 'your dream was real and we are talking ponies in reality'", Jan broke out in laughter.

"The last one would be fitting."

"Ha, ha.. ha.... what?"

"Like you said, we are talking ponies, you are on a different planet and the dream you had was real."

"You are joking right?"

"Not a bit. If you don't believe me, just take the bandage off."

He carefully reached for the bandage with a shivering hand and grabbed it; since Luna hadn't wrapped it so tightly he could easily pull it off in one piece with his eyes still closed. "Oh god please let this be a nightmare." He opened his eyes and realised in shock that indeed three living and talking ponies were standing in the room. "Oh... shit..." He let his head fall down on the pillow. "This is fucking real... I am on a different planet... with different life forms... and they are ponies... talking ponies....", he sighed. "Why do I always have to end up in the biggest pile of crap you can find...."

"Are you... alright?" Luna gave him a faked smile, trying to calm him down.

His head dashed up again. "Alright? Nothing is alright! I was supposed to land on the Mars and not on a different planet, maybe light-years away from home!"

"Jan, calm down. We will do everything to help you getting home again."

"This is just crazy; how are you able to speak my language?"

"We could ask you the same thing, for us you are speaking our language."

"But how can this be... wow, wait..." Jan moved his head to the left and right. "You have a horn! Are you some kind of unicorn? No wait, you have wings as well! What are you?"

"I am an alicorn."

"And your friends? I guess that the lavender one is a unicorn and the blue one a pegasus?"

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash jumped up and flew to him. "We have names, you know?"

"And how am I supposed to know them when you never told me?", he smirked.

"Ohh... sorry... I am Rainbow Dash, fastest flier in Equestria and professional athlete." She pointed at Twilight. "And this over here is our egghead Twilight Sparkle."

"Rainbow!!" She saw that the human was grinning a bit. "Oh yeah of course really nice!"

The blue pegasus burst out in laughter. "Oh c'mon Twilight! This was my revenge! And by the way, I just tried to cheer him up."

"This is so strange, I don't even know what to say. I mean, you are talking ponies! Talking ponies with horns and wing." He gave a loud sigh. "It's a wonder that I am still alive, that I am able to breath the air on your planet." He shook his head. "And then the viruses and bacteria here, my immune system should never be able to withstand an alien virus and yours shouldn't be able to handle the ones from Earth."

"Earth? We have earth here you know?" Twilight replied.

"No, you got me wrong. Our planet's name IS Earth!"

"Oh! I will take a note on that." She opened her saddlebag and grabbed the sheet and quill.

Jan's eyes widened at the sight of the flying sheet and the inked feather. "H-how are you able to do this? D-do you have telekinesis abilities?"

"Uh yes, why? Every unicorn can - it's the first thing you learn."

"This is incredible! I mean, we have machines that can create an anti-gravity field - but you are doing it with your natural body!"

"You have machines for that? Aren't there any humans who can do this with magic?"

"Magic? Are you serious?", he smirked. "Magic is just fairytale stuff and not real."

"Magic IS real!"

"Do you have any proof for that?"

"You are seeing it in exactly this moment." She pointed at the two floating objects, which where still covered in her magical aura.

"Telekinesis isn't magical, even if humans can't do it."

"Well Jan, there is a spell which should impress you." Luna grinned and her horn began to glow in her dark blue aura; with a flash of light she teleported to the other side of the bed. "How about this?"

Did she just teleported? Wait a second, something is wrong here... "I am not somebody you can fool that easily."

"What? You still don't believe us that magic exists?"

"It's not that; I just remembered that I saw you - in my dreams!" The smile on Luna's face disappeared. "Probably I am sitting in some bunker and I am hooked up to a computer trying to get top secret information out of my head!"

"What is a computer?"

"C'mon, don't try to fool me! I know why you did that!"

"Did what Jan?"

"The teleportation of course! You are trying to impact my mind with similar information, so that I spill the beans about the teleporter at the C.M.C.!"

"A... teleporter?"

"Oh great success! Mission accomplished! I have no idea how you did that, but just wow! Can you please just blow your disguise now and let me see who I am talking to?"

"Ugh... Jan, is there any way to prove that this is real and that we are NOT trying to get some sort of secret information out of you?"

He sighed. "Just let me think for a moment..." Talking ponies, I wonder who decided to do this; where the hell am I? In Russia? No, Ramuel said they got the parts for the two giant fusion reactors from them and some of the scientists were from Russia, too. Maybe I am not on the Mars but on the moon? Damn it! No, the moon is internationally used and the only colony that exists there knows about the teleporter. I must have landed on earth, but... "Oh no."

"Have you found something which could prove that you aren't on your planet?"

"Yes..."

"Great, what can we do?"

"Nothing, I believe you now."

Luna rose an eyebrow. "Ehm, can you explain to us what made you come to this conclusion?"

"The machine which accidently brought me here can only teleport things to a large amount of mass, like a moon - but it can't be the starting point." Jan groaned loudly and let his head fall down on the pillow again. "How did I forget about that? Just HOW?!"

"Jan, you have been nearly dead when you were found and you are pumped with morphine."

"I am sorry if I was rude.. it's just so... unlikely... I mean, there are three things which are pure luck: First, I landed on a planet with intelligent life forms, something we searched for in over 100 years. Second, the air on your planet is breathable for me, the chances for something like that are even lower than finding a planet with life forms and I seem to be immune to the bacteria and viruses here. And third, your species is extremely similar to the horses on our planet, just that you have unicorns and pegasi like in our mythology."

"If you believe me or not, in our world humans are mythological creatures which haven't been seen for more than thousand years." Twilight stated.

"Wow what? I am a mythological creature on your planet?" He smiled. "Well that's even crazier. But how can our two planets have so many similarities? Like the language?"

"We don't know it and even the princesses don't know it." The unicorn replied.

"And if the princesses don't know it, then nopony else will." Rainbow Dash added.

"So I guess that you have some kind of monarchy here?" Jan asked.

"That is right, my sister and I rule over Equestria." Luna stated.

"Oh... I... ah... oh... that means... you are a queen?"

"No, just a princess." She smiled.

"Oh... I guess I should bow... or something?" He grinned sheepishly.

"Jan, there's no need for formalities here." Luna chuckled.

"Oh, ok; if you say so." Jan had a small blush on his face.

"I think that there are more important questions right now, like 'how did you really get here?'" The human looked at her a bit unsure. "And please don't lie Jan, we need to know what exactly happened to you to help you."

"I guess that I can tell you now, since you have already discovered what the machine was."

Luna tried so say something but was cut off by Twilight, who was already hopping up and down, as she saw that Jan was finally going to answer her questions. "Yes, you said something about a teleporter and since you said that humans don't have magic I guess that it's a pure mechanical or electrical machine, right?"

"That is correct. It's a giant machine that can transport everything to a different point with a great mass, but as I said that can't be the starting point."

"You said that you were going to a planet called Mars, can you tell us why?"

"We were testing the teleporter and wanted to bring some new equipment to the Mars colony and research facility. You know, the teleporter has only been used by a human for ten times now, if you count this one here."

"I see, a prototype. That's the reason you didn't want to tell us about it." Jan nodded. "But why are you constructing a teleporter? From what I've seen, your kind is able to get into space and travel through it."

"That may be correct Twilight. But you have to know that even the fastest space-ship needs 24 hours to reach the nearest planet in our solar system, which is the Mars. A distance that is extremely short compared to... wait a second.... how did you see that we are so advanced in technology and that we can travel in space?"

"You said that you have a colony on a different planet." She replied

"Yeah, but said that you SAW it!"

"I... uh.... we... uh...." Twilight stuttered.

"Has this something to do with me seeing Luna in my dreams?" He gave her a stern look.

"Uhhh...." They all said in unison.

Great, it had to come to this point... Luna thought.



End of Chapter 7

Sorry for the (long) delay, I had quite a busy time.

Jan: Yeah, playing Borderlands 2 with your friends 8 hours a day...

Hey! What the hell are you doing here?

Jan: Kicking you into your butt if you don't write the next chapter until tomorrow.

Try that and I will turn you into a pony.

Jan: You can't.

Oh and how I can >:D

Jan: o_O

Comments ( 19 )

Good chapter, I really liked the last part, it totally made me crack up! :rainbowlaugh:

Hi

Okay that last part was tiny bit confusing also make them a little longerr

I actually don't understand why Twilight got so flustered when Jan asked how she knew they could fly in space. I mean, he already said the humans had a colony on a different planet called Mars... To have a colony implies that you had some way of getting it there. Since they already figured out that humans don't have magic, with the way Jan reacted, only leaves the ability to travel through space to get there. I suppose Twi is just really bad at being put on the spot.
Anyway, enjoyable chapter. Can't wait to read more!

1357889 I should really stop writing at 3 AM... :pinkiecrazy:

1357889 Wait a minute I will rewrite the last part a bit...

1357889 Done, can you re-read it and tell me what you think? :twilightsmile:

iambrony.steeph.tp-radio.de/mlp/gif/62602__safe_twilight-sparkle_animated_image-macro_macro.gif

I like it :) Wonder how they are gonna talk their way out of this?
Good job :)

So far so good.

The only hang up I have is calling Mars - the Mars.

1517139 I will correct that, if you wonder why I worte that:
I am from Germany and we say "Der Mars", der=the.

moarmoarmoarmoarmoarmoremoarmoar.

Did I say moar? If not:

MOAR!

2993962
I know: Team Fortress 2, Portal 2, Half-Life 2 episode 2. Maybe the next game they make will be Half-Life 2 episode 2 part 1, followed by Half-Life 2 episode 2 part 2.

Fun Fact: Pikmin 3 is fun. TAKE THAT VALVE!

there is no words that describes how good this is.

4491267

Oh, wait, Silly Past me, Valve can't count past 2!

2997170
Half-Life 2 Episode Three has been in the works for years.

Comment posted by StrigidaeFan deleted Jul 18th, 2014

1517165
Ich kann helfe Proofread.
(Tut Mir Leid, Aber ist mein Deutsch gut? Ich lerne Deutsch in Schule...)

In answer to the question in your description; what I want to happen is for the Combine to follow him and ruin everything. I want it bad :rainbowkiss:

And now i wait for the fabled "NEXT CHAPTER" button to be available again

Login or register to comment