• Published 15th Oct 2019
  • 4,604 Views, 175 Comments

My Feelings Have Shifted - rarityxspike



After Rarity has done something that Spike finds hard to forgive, he goes to talk to Luna. After talking with Luna he continues to have late-nights chats. When one night certain feelings emerge. Is he over Rarity?

  • ...
12
 175
 4,604

PreviousChapters
Chapter 42 - The Surprise At The Party

Luna was resting in her room when there was a knock on her door.

“Come in, sister, I’m just resting,” Luna said, knowing no pony else would be at the door. Celestia opened the door, holding a piece of paper with her magic.

“Look at what I received from our mail pony,” Celestia said, walking into Luna’s room.

“What is it?” Celestia floated the paper over to Luna, who grabbed it with her magic. Celestia never replied, she just smiled and let Luna read it.

“Ha ha! I guess they’ve told Pinkie,” Luna laughed, as did Celestia.

“So, are you excited?” Celestia asked.

“Yeah, it looks like I’ll be seeing Spike a little sooner than I thought,”

“Well, of course you’d like that,” Celestia laughed, Luna pushed her sister lightly.

“Right, I’m going to get ready for later, I suppose you want to do the same?” Celestia asked.

“Yeah, I’m so excited,” Luna smiled.

Twilight and Spike were in the castle, and by this time, they too had received an invitation.

“I can’t believe Pinkie went with that name, it almost fills up the entire invitation, there’s almost no room for anything else,” Spike said, looking at Pinkie’s design.

“Well, you know Pinkie,” Spike said, putting the invitation down.

“I suppose,” both Spike and Twilight smiled. Suddenly Spike remembered what Luna said before he left, “Hey Twilight, do you want to know something funny?”

“What?” Twilight asked, seeing the young dragon smiling.

“Before I left Canterlot, Luna said, ‘Make time to spend with your friends, as your relationship with them is important too’, and I get to spend with all of them at once at a party,”

“Luna said that?” Twilight said, confusing Spike.

“Well, yeah, why wouldn’t she? She didn’t want me to not see my friends just because we’re together now,” Spike said, still puzzled why Twilight would ask that. The purple alicorn thought for a second.

“You’re right, Spike, Luna wouldn’t want to isolate or have you isolate yourself from anypony,” Twilight said, smiling at the young dragon, showing her understanding. Spike looked at the clock.

“Well, it’s a couple of hours before the party. Do you want something to eat and rest before getting ready?” Spike asked.

“That sounds like a great idea, were you going to make something?”

“Just a sandwich, since there’ll be a lot of food at the party later, I’ve been to plenty of Pinkie’s parties to know that,” Both Spike and Twilight laughed as they made their way to the kitchen.

Rarity was sitting on her sofa, thinking about whether she should go or not.

“What is everypony going to say? Surely they heard what I did to Spike by now,” Rarity was quite worried, but then she looked at the invitation. “Would they invite me, if they hated me?” Rarity started to think. “I suppose they wouldn’t,” Rarity got up and started making her way to her wardrobe. “I should probably decide what I’m going to wear.” The white unicorn went upstairs and opened her wardrobe. She started looking through her dresses until she came across a gorgeous pink and purple one, but then she saw something around the neck.

“What is that?” she thought out loud as she got closer. It didn’t take long for Rarity to realise what it was, and her eyes widened. It was the gold necklace she made to hold the fire ruby that Spike gave her, with the fire ruby still in it. Rarity just stared at the necklace for a few seconds, “Spikey-Wikey,” she shook her head, then smiled, “He is so selfless,” The white unicorn continued to look through her dresses and found a sky blue dress with white accents, “This one is perfect,”

Pinkie Pie was sprinting around, putting all the party food out on the tables.

“Uh… Pinkie, your friends will be here any minute,” Mrs. Cake said, looking at the clock. Pinkie skidded to a stop and smiled.

“I know, Mrs. Cake, I’m trying to get all the food out as quickly as possible,” The pink pony started sprinting around again, unaware of what Mrs. Cake was implying, the light blue pony sighed.

“Pinkie! What about the decor?” Pinkie put the last of the food on the table,

“Don’t worry, Mrs. Cake, I have my party cannon for that,” The pink pony pulled out a cannon out of nowhere and lit it. Mrs. Cake closed her eyes and shielded herself with her hoof when Pinkie set off her cannon, but after she opened her eyes, she saw the whole place was now decorated, but what was strange was that there was no party cannon afterwards.

Seconds went by before the first guests arrived, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Pinkie ran over and greeted both princesses.

“Princess Celestia and the bride-to-be, welcome,”

“Thank you for the party, Pinkie,” Luna smiled.

“Well, duh… how could I not throw a party when the best princess of the night and my favourite dragon friend are getting married?" Both Princesses smiled, “Ooh, Luna, do you want to know something exciting?”

“Most definitely!” Luna beamed.

“Spike doesn’t know, I’ve invited you, he’s going to be SO HAPPY!!!”

“This is going to be fun,” Celestia said, nudging her sister.

“Please come in and have some food,” Pinkie said, moving out of the way so both princesses could get by.

“Thank you, again Pinkie,” Luna said, making her way in with Celestia next to her.

“You’re welcome,” Pinkie beamed.

“Howdy y’all,” Applejack said, walking through, Pinkie rushed over.

“Hey Applejack,” then Pinkie saw Applejack was holding a plate covered in tinfoil, “Ooo, whatcha got there?” the pink pony sniffed, "Whatever it is, it smells good,” Applejack smiled.

“I made a few Apple Turnovers for the party,” Applejack lifted the tinfoil slightly so Pinkie could see.

“They look delicious! Thank you Applejack, please come in, the bride-to-be is already here,” Applejack looked behind Pinkie to see both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna.

“Howdy Princesses!” Pinkie stopped Applejack just as she was about to walk in.

“Hey Applejack, do you wanna know the best part?” Applejack was curious about why the pink pony was more excited than usual (and that was saying something).

“What?”

“Spike doesn’t know Luna is coming!” Applejack smiled.

“Well, he is definitely going to be surprised,” Pinkie let Applejack by and the orange pony put the plate she was holding on the table and started speaking to the princesses

Pinkie was about to join when she saw something out of the corner of her eye, she turned around and saw her next guests arriving.

“Hey Dashie, Hey Fluttershy,”

“Hey Pinkie,” Rainbow Dash responded.

“Hi Pinkie,” Fluttershy said afterwards.

“The Princesses and Applejack are already here, come in and join them,”

“Thank you, Pinkie,” Rainbow Dash went over and said hello to everypony.

“Thank you, Pinkie, this place looks lovely,” Fluttershy said, admiring the decor.

“You can thank my trusted party cannon,” Pinkie again pulls out her cannon from nowhere.

“Thank you, party cannon,” Fluttershy said as a joke. Both Pinkie and Fluttershy laughed before they went over and joined everypony, that’s when Pinkie realised nopony was eating.

“Everypony, you don’t need to wait, please enjoy the food,”

“Thank you, Pinkie,” Rainbow Dash said, before picking up a cupcake.

A few moments passed, before Rarity walked in, still very nervous about what the girls might say. Pinkie bounced over to the white unicorn.

“Hey Rarity! Please come in and join us!” Pinkie had a massive smile on her face.

’This doesn’t seem like it’s going to be too bad, but Pinkie is like that’

Pinkie and Rarity walked over to everypony.

“Hey everypony,” Rarity said, as she approached the group.

“Howdy Rarity,” Applejack greeted.

“Ooo, Rarity, your dress looks lovely,” Fluttershy complimented

“Thank you, Fluttershy,” Rarity smiled.

“Pinkie… Applejack, Celestia, and Luna told me that Spike doesn’t know that Luna’s coming, is that true?” Rainbow Dash asked. Pinkie beamed.

“YES! I changed the time on Twilight and Spike’s invitation, so they would come after everypony else. He is going to be so surprised when he sees Luna!” Pinkie bounced up and down in excitement.

“Wait! So you’re telling me… Twilight doesn’t know?” Pinkie stopped bouncing.

“I guess not,” Pinkie gasped, “That means she’s going to be surprised too,” Pinkie continued bouncing. Everypony was thinking about how Twilight might feel about being ‘late’.

“Uhh… maybe you should explain to her why, when she gets here,” Fluttershy suggested. Pinkie stopped bouncing.

“Good idea, Fluttershy, she might wonder why everypony is here and why some snacks have already been eaten when she arrives.”

“Hey everypony, do you think I should hide?” Luna suggested. Pinkie gasped in excitement.

“And surprise Spike, that is such a fun idea, where should we hide you?” Pinkie started looking around.

“Behind the counter?” Applejack suggested.

“That’s not a bad idea, Applejack,” Rainbow Dash agreed. Luna made her way behind the counter.

“Wouldn't it be suspicious if I’m here without Luna?” Celestia questioned.

“Hmm… you do have a point,”

“Then they both hide behind the counter!” Pinkie beamed.

Luna and Celestia exchanged glances, smiled, and then Celestia moved behind the counter as both princesses crouched down, taking care to conceal their flowing manes.

“Perfect!” Pinkie said excitedly. Then Applejack tapped Pinkie on the shoulder.

“And just in time too,” the orange had noticed Twilight and Spike coming towards the entrance. “Right, we’ll stall Spike while you tell Twilight what’s going on, okay?” Pinkie nodded.

“Hello, oh everypony is already here,” Twilight said, puzzled.

“Hey Spike, congratulations!” Rainbow Dash called.

“Hey Rainbow, thank you,” both Spike and Twilight went over to join the others, but Pinkie stopped Twilight.

“What’s up, Pinkie?” Twilight asked, confused as to why the pink pony was not letting her by.

“I had you bring Spike later because I invited Luna as a surprise, so she and Celestia are hiding behind the counter,” Twilight smiled.

“Oh my goodness, Pinkie, he’s going to be so happy, thank you,” Pinkie smiled, and then both ponies went over and joined the rest of the group.

“Congrats, Spike,” Applejack smiled at Spike.

“Thank you, Applejack, thank you, everypony,” Spike said gratefully.

“I’m truly happy for you, Spike,” Rarity said softly. Spike turned around to face Rarity.

“Thank you, Rarity, and thank you for coming,” Rarity smiled.

“You’re welcome,” Spike smiled, but it wasn’t full.

“Is something wrong, Spike?” asked Twilight

“No, I love the fact that we’re all here together, it’s just I’m starting to miss Luna,”

“Well, we can’t have that, I simply won’t allow it,” Luna said, getting out from underneath the counter, smiling. Spike looked around and felt shocked, but also happy.

“Hey Spike, look who I invited!” Pinkie exclaimed excitedly. Upon hearing this, Celestia also stood up, but Spike’s attention was solely on Luna. Spike ran over to the princess of the night and embraced her, while also giving her a couple of kisses.

“Luna! I can’t believe you’re here! I missed you!”

“I miss you too, Spike,” they just embraced each other.

“Uhh, guys, not to ruin the moment, but isn’t this supposed to be a party?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Oh, right,” Spike said, letting go of Luna and letting the princesses get out from behind the counter.

“Let’s get this party started,” Pinkie said, putting some music on.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 1 )

Happy birthday everyone

Login or register to comment