• Published 19th May 2020
  • 511 Views, 12 Comments

I Don't Want Your Help... - Script Singer



Script had no choice but to be admitted to the psychiatric unit.

  • ...
 12
 511

Day Two: Coming Out Of My Shell

I woke up to the same routine as yesterday. A nurse came into my room, took my vitals, performed some exercises, and asked a few questions. showered and got ready for the day then waited for my breakfast.

I sat next to Orchid as I waited for the nurse to call my name for my food.

“They said I might be able to go home today.” She admitted, suddenly.

“Oh really?” I asked. “I thought you just got here.”

“No, I’ve been here for around 5 days but the usual stay time is around 3-7 days here.”

“Do you feel like you're ready to go home?”

“Well, I’m a bit nervous, yeah, but I feel like I’m ready.”

“What are you nervous about?”

“Well, I didn’t really feel safe in my home. I’ve had a bunch of family issues with my parents.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, my father has a history of drinking and he physically abused my mother and me. He’s taking time to work on himself though so we can have a more healthy relationship!”

“That’s good, I guess.”

“Well I shared, what are you in for?”

“I… tried to kill myself,” I said as my ears dropped back.

“Oh,” Orchid said, “That sucks, why? If you're comfortable talking about it.”

“It’s a long story… Besides, I don’t wanna trigger you.”

“I’ve got thicker skin than all that. Don’t worry about me, it’ll help to talk about it.”

“Alright, if you say so,” I mumbled. So I told her. I told her everything. It took probably around 10-15 minutes.

“Wow,” Orchid sighs, “Buck, I heard about some strange stallion passing through the North of Ponyville, but nopony came forward about being attacked. I don’t know what to say.”

“It’s alright, I don’t think anypony would know what to say.”

“It’s alright, I don’t think anypony would know what to say.”

“I wanna give you a hug.”

I smiled slightly and opened up my arms for an embrace. The hug was incredibly quick but felt like the best hug I’ve ever had. I felt tears stream down my face. “Thank you.” I cried.

Orchid smiled. “You’re welcome, Script.”

---

I sit in an uncomfortable chair, resting my chin on my hoof. We were in a movie room watching the latest hot movie that I wasn’t really interested in.

I heard one of the nurses calling my name so I got up from my seat to see what she wanted.

“The doctor said he wanted to talk to you, is that alright?” She asked. I just shrugged a reply.

She walked me into the small office of a brown earth pony with a short graying mane. I took a seat.

“Good afternoon, Script. I’m Doctor Cheval. How are you feeling today?” He asked.

“Not too different from when I first got here,” I grumbled.

“Well, do you want to get better?”

I just rubbed my neck and shrugged. “I don’t really know anymore… My head just keeps screaming at me to die, but I still wanna be able to experience life. It’s like I don’t really wanna die, but I don’t wanna live.”

Doctor Cheval nodded his head. “I can understand that. I think I know what the problem is.”

I looked up perking up slightly. “What is it?”

“You don’t have the will to exist.”

I tilted my head in confusion. “What do you mean?” I asked.

“Why don’t you start from the very beginning, why do you have depression?”

I saw images flash through my mind as I started trembling.

“It’s alright, nothing can hurt you here. This is a safe space where you can open up.”

“Alright, but I’m not sure how well I’ll be able to open up…” I said, taking a deep breath.

“That’s okay.”

So I started at the beginning. The very beginning. The reason why I didn’t speak up about my depression before. It felt like I spent hours explaining what happened to me and I cried. A lot. I just let myself let it out, I had to if I wanted to get any better.

“Thank you for sharing all of that with me, Script. That must have been really hard for you.”

I let out a sniff as I nodded my head, taking another tissue.

“The more you open up, the more I can help you.”

“I know, it’s just hard for me to open up about all of this…”

“I understand that, I know it’s hard."

A sudden sound of a timer brought us back to reality. “It appears that is all the time we have for today, thank you for meeting with me today.”

I nodded my head and shook his hoof and went back out to the movie area. By the time I got back, it looked like they were still watching the movie so I decided to just go back to my room and take a nap.

I walked into my room and to my bed pulling the covers over me and drifted off to sleep.

Comments ( 6 )

At least, she has some peace/calm moment here.

11351113
don't you mean "plead for mercy"?

11351115
I'm not sure? I'll check with my editor

11351122
okay, just trying to help

11351124
Thank you for bringing it to my attention

Login or register to comment