• Published 29th Nov 2018
  • 4,738 Views, 226 Comments

One Way Trip - SoulSpirit



I wake up in the hospital with severe pain, a small pony on my chest, and a princess in the room. Only to set out for my new life.

  • ...
26
 226
 4,738

Epilogue

I awoke in what looked like a medical ward, except it was only one room with two beds. Yep, royal medical ward. At least I’m not in a coma this time. I noticed an I.V. needle inserted just above my right hoof and pulled it out with my magic. I got light headed, but only for a moment. I’m forgetting something.

After getting off the bed, I looked around. Right, nurse Red Heart isn’t around. I left the room to look in the hallway. She’s not out here either. Well, might as well see what’s going on upstairs. Lighting up my horn, I teleported behind the throne. Listening, I couldn’t hear anypony talking. I bet that not many say that they’ve pranked a princess before. I poked my head over the throne to see the back of Celestia’s head.

“Boo!” I slightly shouted. Causing her to jump. “Gotcha,” I added as I rounded to the front side of the throne.

“Nice one. How are you feeling?” her expression and voice were filled with not only mirth but also pride for some reason that I couldn’t guess for the life of me.

“I feel fine.” though it was true, it wasn’t the whole truth.

“You don’t sound very forthcoming, but this should help. Luna wants you to visit her when you get the chance.”

“Alright, I’ll go see her now, unless you have any objections.” she shook her head.

“Have fun.” I turned to leave. What could Lulu want?


I knocked on Luna’s bedroom and heard “come in”. After opening the doors, letting myself in, them closing them behind me, I saw Luna sitting on her balcony. “Come, join me.” she beckoned. Obediently, I went over and sat right next to her. “I see you’re well.”

“Very much so,” I replied, enjoying the overview of the city below.

“Your duty is fulfilled, Discord is stone again, and everypony is safe. Thank you.” So that’s what happened to him. “Now that that’s done, and there are no obligations you have, I’m very much curious as to what you plan to do now?

“That’s what I’m still trying to figure out.” Luna made a questioning hum. “See, I have nowhere to go. It’s like trying to create a new story on the spot. Doing so is very hard without planning.”

“Oh, I see what you’re saying. How about a helpful tip or two?” I look at her.

“Alright, what are they.” she looked at me now.

“Well, you are a prince now.” I was shocked for a moment before reacting.

“Wait, what?” she pointed at my back. Upon looking, I found that I had acquired a pretty pair of white wings. I looked back at her. “No no no no no no. I can’t do royalty. This isn’t publicly known yet, is it?” she shook her head.

“No, only Tia and I know, along with the guard too.” I sighed.

“You don’t have to accept the crown you know.”

“Alright, so I can still try a semi-normal life.” I felt some relief.

“I still have another tidbit to remind you of.” she reminded me.

“What’s that?”

“You still have a griffin to tend to.” Oh shit.

“You’re right but as much as I would like to have a family.” I began to blush. “I don’t think I could afford it. I don’t even have the money to support myself.” Luna looked to be in thought.

“If you could choose where to live, where would it be?” now it was time for me to do the thinking.

“You know, I found this tree once. It’s just off the edge of Ponyville. If I could, I would commission a house next to it. I think that would be quite a relaxing place to settle for a bit.”

“Well, because you are now royalty, whether or not you help rule, you have access to the royal vault. So doing that is very easy in your power.” That’s good to hear. That helps solve financial issues.

“I guess this also means that I don’t have to keep my job as a butler?” she nodded. “Well, I better get a move on. These things don’t happen on there own.” she giggled at my enthusiasm.

“Indeed they don’t.” then I had an idea.

“Here, let me make you something. As thanks for all you’ve done for me.” I lit my horn with a dark magic aura and conjured a teddy bear for her. Except this one will remain, permanently. The bear was eight or nine inches tall and looked like the stay night, just like her mane.

“Spirit! It’s beautiful. Thank you. This also reminds me to tell you-” she paused. What caught her tongue? Following her eyes, which were looking on the side of my ass, I saw that a symbol was on it. The symbol was several waves of black magic strips. “I was about to say to not use dark magic anymore, but it appears that it’s part of your special talent. Congratulations on getting your cutie-mark. It’s also a rare kind at that.”

“Rare?” I asked as I looked back at her again. “What does the mark mean?”

“There are different types of cutie-marks. Some for music, some for art, you get the picture. Yours is a type for magic, like Twilights. Except, according to that mark, you can use dark magic better than most. Not only that but from what I can gather, you can command and manipulate magic to do almost anything.” she looked beyond impressed. “You really have a lot of power, and even though you can use dark magic, you can still fall back into the darkness. Whatever happens, give your heart to it again. Never lose hope.” Couldn’t have said it better.

“Okay, will do.”

“One more thing, try not to use dark magic in public. It might not end well.”

“Sure thing.” I turned to start on my way.


I knocked on the door to Celestia’s private study and waited a moment before hearing her say “come in”. I let myself in, shutting the door behind me. “Spirit, welcome.” she welcomed whole-heartedly, sounding very pleased. “What do you need?”

“Just to discuss a few things, nothing bad,” I answered, taking a seat at her desk across from her. “Now, I’ll be honest, I don’t have a clue how you are going to react to this, so I’ll just say it as it is.” I sighed, lowering my head down and lifting it back up again to look at her. “I’m rejecting the crown.” she looked puzzled.

“May I be so bold as to ask why?” she sounded sad.

“I regret to say that I’m not just not ready for such a position, at least not yet.”

“Alright, that’s understandable. Anything else?”

“Yes, actually. I’d like to resign as your butler.” she somehow looked a little more depressed. “It’s not that I didn’t like traveling with you or helping you out. On the contrary, I quite enjoyed it. But I’m planning on moving to Ponyville and having a house commissioned to move into with Keria. However, I might be able to come and visit or even help out from time to time though.” that lifted her face a little.

“That would be wonderful. Also, by saying that you’re moving with Keria, do you also mean that you accept marriage?” she gave me a suggestive smile, making my cheeks heat up a bit.

“I mean I’ll try to warm up to it.” seemingly satisfied with the answer, she stopped her suggestive smile and went back to her usual one.

“Well, it would be nice to see you start a herd.” Wait, herd? “Don’t worry about the fact that Keria’s a griffin. Marriage between different species is accepted by all.”

“Wait, herd? I think there’s something I don’t know. Care to fill me in?”

“You don’t know? Starting a herd means to marry a few members of the opposite sex to produce offspring and-” I stopped her before she could continue.

“Stop, that’s enough. See, where I come from, humans mostly only married to one partner and vow to remain with them alone.” Except in the unfortunate event of a divorce. “I think I’m going to have to wait till I get used to that idea before anything else.” I glanced out the window and saw that the sun said it was already past noon. Yes! An escape! “Shit! Time’s pressing. I’ve got to get a move on. Till next time!” I didn’t wait for a response as I rushed out of the room.


I stopped right outside my room door to catch my breath after running the whole way. Then, I had to collect my thoughts on how to explain everything to Keria. That can cast some shield spells in case if I end up getting mauled on. Slowly, I creaked open the door and poked my head in.

“H-Hello? Keria?” I called out, but as I looked around I found that she wasn’t around. Okay, still have some time then.

I entered the room, trying to think of what to do until she shows. I could read. I could go get something to eat. I could go shower. Then, I remembered something important. Something I hid a long time ago and should never be found by another. Lighting up my horn, I teleported the dark magic tome from where I hid it. Then, levitating it over the trash, I cast a small Fire Dragon and incinerated it, letting the ashes fall into the can.

Good, now it doesn’t matter if some pony finds it. Now, I should go and take a shower. After that fight with Discord, that sweat probably made me stink.


As I left the bathroom, I saw Keria sprawled over the bed and I cast an illusion to hide my wings. As I approached the bedside, unfortunately for me, Keria went straight for eye contact. I wasn’t good at reading griffins facial expressions yet, but I could still feel the aura given off by the mood which worked all the same. Except I still couldn’t tell exactly what was most potent out of her anger, relief, and concern. I only hoped for my own sake that it wasn’t anger.

“Hi, I’m home again.”

“What happened to you?” she asked. To most, you would have heard just concern, but having caution would have allowed you to hear the hint of anger the concern was masking. I better just do as she requests.

“I guess I do have some explaining to do, but later. I still have something to do before it gets to late in the evening.”

“What would that be?” Keira asked. Slightly getting up to take a seat on the edge of the bed. “Maybe I can come with you.” and I started thinking.

Well, now that I’m starting a new life, I should start to slow down. Get to know others, develop relationships, maybe even make some friends. Also, if I’m going to be with Keria, I should start spending some time with her instead of away.

“Sure, why not? I’m paying a visit to somepony special. Her name is Silent Taste. She runs a cafe close by.” then I sensed an odd sensation emanating from her.

“What makes her so special? Do you-”

“Stop that sentence.” I interrupted. “If you must know, she’s a dear acquaintance, the first friend I’ve ever made. Is that so bad?” I asked the question with complete sarcasm.

“Well, when you put it like that…” she got off the bed. “Now I would like to meet her.” I smiled.

“Let's go then.” I made my way to the balcony.

“What are you doing?” she questioned, confusion clear in her voice.

“I find it quicker to teleport out than it is to work the maze of hallways that make the castle.” I lit my horn. “See you outside.” and I teleported, materializing in front of the castle entrance. After a few moments, I looked up to see Keria gliding down. Damn, looks fun.

Starting to wish I could use my wings now. After she finished making her decent, I said “ Let’s get a move on.” and took the lead.


“Well, here we are. Thoughts?” I asked Keria as she stood there looking at the cafe, taking it in. Right, not a pony, not from Equestria. She brought a claw to the underside of her chin and lightly scratched it before returning it to the ground.

“Looks nice. Let’s head in.” and then she just dashed right on in. Carefree, I like that. I proceeded in behind her. As I walked in, I was no longer sure how to approach the situation as I saw how nervous Silent Taste was, who was currently under bombardment by Keria. I chuckled slightly before making sure I looked serious again.

“Keria,” I called to her, causing her to pause. “How about you give her some space and take a seat at the corner table over there?” I asked as gestured to my usual table. “It’s where I always sit.”

“Sure thing,” she responds. Using a tone that one would use after being shamed. Shit. Now I feel bad. “We’ll be over there for now.” I said to Silent on my way to the table.”

Upon looking at Keria, I saw that she looked like someone just slapped her. “Keria, what’s wrong?” she sighed.

“I went overboard again didn’t I?” Oh, I see.

“Keria, it’s fine. Seriously, don’t worry about it. You just surprised her is all.” I explained.

“Nothing to worry about?” she echoed. Heh, sounds like a kid.

“Nothing. Ponies are very friendly, forgiving, and understand creatures. So you don’t have anything to worry about.”

“What about you?” I winced at the thought.

“Well, that might be a different story,” I answered in a joking tone. “Anyway, do you want anything to eat or drink? We are at a cafe after all.” at this, she perked up like nothing happened.

“Yes, I was wondering what food a cafe had to offer.”

“Well, hate to break it to you if don’t know already, but no meat or fish are sold.” she didn’t look surprised by this.

“I knew that already. Say, what do you plan on getting?” she asked.

“My usual,” I smirked. “Muffins and tea. personally, I can’t get enough of the tea here.” as I answered, Keria looked eager to listen.

“Actually, that does sound good. I think I’ll have the same as you.”

“Alright, that’s muffins and tea for two,” interjected Silent from behind me with the food already prepared. “Why am I not surprised.”

“The world may never know,” I added sarcastically. Silent placed the food onto the table and took a seat beside me.

“I was wondering, where do you find your company?” Silent asked. I shot her a look that screamed ‘Are you fucking kidding me?’. “No, really. So far, you have brought in a princess, a captain of the royal guard, and now a griffin. Do you have a story to tell?” I chuckled.

“A story? Is that what you want? Well, aren’t you in luck, because I happen to know one that just finished.” and that caught the attention of both of the girls sitting there.

So I began telling my tale, and I started from the most recent event that Silent already knew. That being my departure for the Griffin Empire. Though the entire trip took a long time, putting it into words didn’t. When I mentioned the spells and different magic types I was practicing, Silent looked impressed. When I accidentally let it slip that Celestia practically ordered me to share a bed with her, Silent and Keria both burst with laughter. I can still recall Silents remark ‘Sounds like she was trying to mother you’ and even though I wouldn’t say it out loud, I agreed. Mostly because that’s what if felt like. I need to remember to thank her again for everything she has done for me. I continued on with my story from when I explored Griffin Stone and how I almost sent a blade through Celestia’s head.

“What’s wrong with you!?” shouted Silent.

“At the time? A few things. I wasn’t very trusting, I was in a dangerous area, and there was someone sneaking up behind me. What do you think I would do? Let some random stranger stab me in the back?” after I ask this, she dropped it and I continued my story.

I went over the part where Celestia took me to the ‘castle’ because the king wanted to see me. I about started mentioning the part involving Keria but froze blushing. When Silent asked what it was, Keria explained it and I was teased without mercy. After telling her the rest, the return trip, I skipped to the part where I saw Discord free himself from his stone prison. I explained how I got ready and took the train to Ponyville. I also had to explain who discord was too. I didn’t go into detail on how, but I just said that I fought Discord and survived somehow. What’s when Silent slapped me.

“Oi, what the bloody hell was that for?” I complained, placing a hoof over my now tender cheek.

“Why would you even chance taking such a risk?” Silent asked.

“Why would I not?” I countered, placing the hoof that I used to cover my cheek back down on the table.

“You could have died.” she protested.

“Then I would have died doing what I knew was right.” Silent was about to present another argument, but I continued before she could. “Also, if I did die, I would be released from a miserable existence, and sad as it is to say, not many would notice. You might, the princesses, you Keria, and maybe one other. That’s it. If you ask me, I would say Equestria wouldn’t be deprived of anything if I did die. With that in mind, I believe I made the right decision.” at this point Silent was speechless. She refused to meet my gaze and looked like she was about to cry. That was a Sight that was hard to bear. I felt like I got bunched when I heard a sniffle. “Look, I’, sorry, but what’s done is done and there is no changing it.” I slipped a hoof under her chin and tilted her head up so we were looking eye to eye. “Hey, chin up. I survived and I’m here now. That should be good enough for a smile.” I was being reasonable, but she still refused to do nothing more than look at me.

I guess one last surprise wouldn’t hurt.

“Don’t make me order you.” her voice got snappy after that.

“As if you could.” she countered. I smiled.lighting up my horn, I dispelled the illusion hiding my wings and her maw dropped. “What the buck? How?” was all she could say for the first few minutes.

“I’m not entirely sure myself,” I answered.

“Prove it. Move them,” she demanded, pointing at my newest set of limbs.

“I can’t. I don’t know how. They don’t come with instructions.” I cast the illusion once more to hide them again.

“Why do you hide them? Do you not want them?”

“It’s not like that at all. Actually, I think they would be quite fun if I learn how to use them. It’s just that I’m not ready for the crown. Anyway. I also wanted to tell you that I’m planning to move to Ponyville soon. That’s why I stopped by, just to pay you a visit before I go.”

“And for the tea.” Silent teased.

“Can’t deny it. Come on Keria, it’s time to go.” I told Keria as I stood up.

“Finally.” she got up too.

“Good-by,” Silent called to us as we left the establishment.


Our room door burst open as Keria and I entered. I went straight for the couch and dropped right onto it like a corpse and shut my eyes. I heard Keria walk up from beside the couch.

“Don’t you want to sleep on the bed?” she asked. I didn’t open my eyes.

“Na, I couldn’t have you sleep on the couch. That would be rude.” I heard her giggle. “What?”

“Silly, we’re basically engaged. Meaning you can sleep with me.” I felt my face flush and my eyes snapped open. I also lost all concentration, causing the illusion to wear off as my wings spread apart on their own. Said wings pushed against the couch, causing me to fall off. Keria had a fit of laughter, but it only lasted for the brief moment it took for me to get up.

“I-I don’t t-think I’m-” I tried protesting, but was interrupted.

“No arguing.” with that, she jumped into a hover, picked me up with her claws, and dropped me onto the bed. I was going to try escaping, but before I could do so she landed on my back, pinning me. At that point, I gave up. “Better. One question though. Why did you resist?” she got off me and laid down on her side of the bed. That doesn’t mean she was going to let me go. Na, she wrapped her eagle legs and wings around me so I couldn’t. The contact made me shudder a little. I sighed, letting myself go limp like a doll almost.

“I’m just not used to so much friendly contact.” I felt my wings go back to how they were originally but paid them no mind.

“Why’s that?”

“Well, you know that I have only the memories of some recent past, but not anything before that. In the memories I have now, I can only remember very little if any contact without the of harm.”

“What about from your mother?” hearing the question nearly made me start to cry. Why did she have to ask that?

“As I said, no memory, not even of family.” as I said this, I felt Kerias grip tighten on me a little, but it didn’t hurt.

In fact, it felt warm and inviting. It felt tender. It felt safe and sincere. I might be so bold as to say that it even felt a little nice. It confused me.

“Keria?” I asked.

“Shh. it’s alright.” her words were soothing.

I don’t know what I was thinking, but in the end, I placed my trust in her. I snuggled into her, shut my eyes, and was filled with mirth as I drifted off into the most blissful sleep I could remember having.

No more regrets now.

Author's Note:

That's it for this story. For those of you reading this, thank you for continuing this kinda shitty story. Drop a like, Leave a comment, and I hope you enjoyed.

Comments ( 24 )

More please and sequel please

I really enjoyed reading this story.:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

Will their be a Sequel?

It was quite a good and almost happy ending. Good luck darkshin1171.

9635200
I would love to do a sequel, and if you have picked up on the hints I left way for the possibility, but that would take time. I don't want it to start shitty as this one did for the first 8 or 9 chapters before I went back through and edited with Grammarly. I would also like to find an editor before I start too. But until then, I got a few things that are different to release for the meantime. just some fun reads.

9635363
I am glad that you pointed out the 'almost happy' part. See, I'm not too big on lessons, but there is one that I do hope for people to learn as early in their life as possible. Life is a bitch. Even if everyone worked together to a happy ending, no arguments or conflicts, that doesn't mean you are going to get an ending that you wanted or even going to like.

hmm... hoping for a sequel, and even though this story is now done, I still don't understand the mature rating...

9635693
you are right, I could have made it teen, but as I was writing I didn't want to have any set rules just in case.
I am considering a sequel

9664933
Are you sure you didn't mean this thing?
4.bp.blogspot.com/-xOn_JWbxpow/U51Awb_tLTI/AAAAAAAC-xc/JPku0iHqo90/s1600/kyiuom.JPG

'Cause it's no trouble for me to just imagine Catbus in the story instead, ya know.:raritywink:

9689281
Of all the things to pay attention to, after a few repeated attempts to put some emotion into this story, that's what you chose to think of? I mean, I know that it's my first story and I didn't do that well but still. I guess I now know what it feels like when hard work turns out to be a steaming pile of shit.

9689382
I saw you post a sequel to this story, so I came to this one and looked through the comments a tiny bit to see what the story is like to decide if I should read it, saw that particular comment, and thought I'd make a joke because Catbus from the beloved Miyazaki movie "My Neighbor Totoro" was exactly what popped into my head when I read that line. I've only read 5 chapters so far and haven't gotten to that part in the story yet.

If the main OCs in this story were voiced, what would they sound like?

9706105
Honestly, I don't know. I haven't decided yet. However, I am considering doing an audio reading on youtube, but I would have to practice using audacity, then practice reading without stuttering. I would also have to find a time that my housemates aren't at home so their voices don't pick up through the paper thin walls of my house.

9716032
Eh, not everything can be a winner, I guess. I'm not saying that later chapters might not be well written, as you likely got better over time, but I don't have the patience to get there.

9724326
me reading that mistake: "Fuck me"

9724167
Thanks. with all of the hate I got, which I think is mostly because people just saw the human in Equestria tag and thumbs down it, I really appreciate the support.

9741227
Or if it is easier, you can put the raw text in a google doc and just reply with the link

Very decent story a little fast paced but other then that it was wonderful for me.

10023220
Thanks. To be honest, it was just to kill time during school. Took 5 months.

Una

That cover photo scares the heck out of me....:fluttercry:

10288843
Sorry to hear that. It was a free commission someone did for me.

Is Timberwolf cub gonna make a reappearance?

Due to my plan to continue writing the continuation I'm currently rereading, but for the hell of it I jumped to the peilogue and decided to leave a comment that I wasn't sure if I remembered to leave or not, but I am curious.......

Did anyone ever catch onto the fact from the trail of the last few chapters that the original plan was for spirit to die?

So yeah, the continuation was a last minute poison I picked out of the two bottles right before writing this chapter

finally finished rereading this chapter in his life. Seems this aulternitive ending ith him coming back as an alicorn left a few more plot seeds than intended I think. I'll still have to say one of my facorite parts was his trip to griffonstone. Hell, might make him a whisky or burbon drinker. Who knows. I still have to catch up on the rest. Then it's note reviewing, plot continuations, playing catch up on some parts of the show just in case, ect ect, you get the gist. Though going over this adventure and seeing the ending had a rather hard to discribe, but nice feeling ash over me. I do think I remember a few long term things I had in store, but we'll see. Those who are still here, I thank thee.

If you have discord and wanna talk, you can add me. Spirit#7200

Login or register to comment