• Published 25th Sep 2018
  • 11,435 Views, 2,116 Comments

Prank War! - Ashfur



A crafty human and two alicorn princesses get into shenanigans together.

  • ...
12
 2,116
 11,435

PreviousChapters Next
Chitty Chitty Bath Bath

“You want to do WHAT?!” Celestia could barely form the words to say even that at her friend's ridiculous request.

Nick, on the other hoof, simply leaned back against a pillar of the throne room for balance. “I'll say it again. I want you to enchant the Bathmobiletm so it flies. That way I can pester Luna with water balloons from above!”

“She can fly, you silly human.”

“Okay, maybe I'll do a bombing run on Blueblood. So, can you or can you not get me a magic flying bathtub?”

“Fine. I'll have my mages do the necessary enchantments, and have it back to you as soon as they can.” Celestia watched Nick nod and begin to leave, before adding, “you don't actually bathe in it, right?”

The amused human turned, winked at the solar alicorn, and smiled. “Yes, I use it to bathe in the joys of a prank done right as I make my getaways. But for what you mean, nah. I use the fancy bathroom attached to my suite.”

“Good. See you at dinner, Nick.”

“Have fun with all the bureaucracy, Celly!”


The next day, Nick was using a few guards to haul a crate full of water balloons (water balloons filled with syrup to be exact, as it's stickier) to the training grounds. There, Celestia stood next to the upgraded Bathmobiletm. Magic runes decorated its surface, glowing with energy. “Hello, Nick. As you can see, I have upheld my promise. One flying bathtub, ready for launch.”

“Awesome! Thanks Celly, you guys are the best!” Nick rushed forward and hopped in the vehicle, loading a few dozen ‘sticky bombs’ into it as well. “So, how do I fly this thing?” He asked eagerly.

“Oh, you don't get to fly it, my dear Mr. Abernathy,” came the reply. But it wasn't from the alabaster mare in front of Nick. No, instead a twisting, mismatched, serpentine creature slithered down from above, grinning like a madman. “Hello, Nick. Any last words?”

Nick gulped audibly in fear. “I changed my mind. I'd like to get off the ride, please.”

Discord chuckled. “Sorry, my boy. But your seat is already in its upright and locked position, and your seatbelt is securely fastened,” he explained, snapping his talons. In an instant, Nick was tied up in several standard-issue seatbelts. “Please keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times during flight, or don't, because it's more fun that way. Enjoy the ride!”

“Oh, geez.”

Discord snapped his talons again, and the tub took off like a rocket, carrying a screaming human as it launched into the air. It even did a few corkscrews for flair, flinging several of the syrup-filled surprises onto various guards, statues, and even Celestia.

Celestia licked some of the syrup off her lips before sparing one last glance at the out of control bathing receptacle weaving between the castle ramparts. “Discord?” she asked, turning to her former enemy. “This seems like far too much syrup for a single balloon. Did you enchant these?”

The draconequus shrugged. “Only to make them make whatever they hit sticky and gooey. But face it, you needed to be a little sweeter! Bwahaha!”

The glare he got could probably melt steel.

“Oh, lighten up. Here, how about I do this?” Another snap, and as Celestia looked at the result, she grinned.

“Yes, that will do nicely.”


Nick was not having a fun time as his magical flying bathtub weaved to and fro through the air. Yes, it was like a roller coaster, but at the same time it was one where he couldn't see the track. Couple that with his current state of ‘hogtied by safety equipment’ and the fact his syrup bombs were splattering ponies and expensive things left and right, and he had a whole trio of ‘why me?’s to scream as he rocketed through the halls.

Although he finally managed to nail Blueblood with a syrup bomb, ruining not only his coat but his expensive, ridiculous looking vest. That bomb had also been specially powered up by Discord, it seemed, as the Prince had to tap dance to walk in any direction. Thankfully the tub had stayed still so Nick could see that and laugh, but before long it was off like a shot.

“Well, at least I’ve finally run out of syrup bombs. Maybe now this crazy ride can finally end.” He relaxed a bit as his vehicle flew out into the courtyards, but immediately tensed up upon seeing Discord's second trick. “Oh no. Oh dear god, no.”

After making a splashdown in the syrup moat, Nick had to spend three hours getting all the sticky syrup off of him. Celestia, Luna, and Discord laughed at him for days, and Nick started planning his retaliatory prank...

Author's Note:

Thank you to Light Heart101 for the idea of trying to make the Bathmobiletm fly!

PreviousChapters Next