• Published 28th Jul 2017
  • 11,856 Views, 450 Comments

The Masks She Wears - MadMaxtheBlack



Celestia has an offer for Chrysalis, one that will change both their lives forever.

Comments ( 103 )

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FINALLY.

I've been waiting so long for you to update this! THANK YOU!

Now we just need to wait for the next chapter of YHaY.... :(

Aww yuss, SunBug romance incoming!

So, changelings can't rebuild their bodies completely from scratch. Despite what Chrysalis herself said, not everything apparently can be bounced back from. One has to wonder how would it affect the shapeshifting.

Yesh, needs moar

A lot of good fics have suddenly started updating again the last couple months. Your Chrysalis strikes a good mix of prickly and sympathetic.

Amazed I get to be the one to make the reference. She is the Fullmetal! The Fullmetal Chrysalis!

sexy times, nyess?

Now that Chrysalis has determined Celestia's proposal as genuine, one has to wonder why Chrysalis would be interested. Celestia has shown to give her love regardless of her accepting, and Chrysalis holds no affection for Celestia (unless buried deep beneath the surface). Hopefully, she's interested in making a slave of Celestia :p

I still don't believe Celestia wants to be dominated.

I'm glad to see this is updating again. Absolutely loving this Chrysalis so far.

9125613
Probably not the canon one from the little kids show, but the mind of an immortal can be fun to play with in fiction.
I was caught off-guard by it too, but by the reasons she listed, It doesn't seem impossible to believe in from my point of view.

Let's be honest though, it's far more of a vanilla:trollestia: kink than a lot of the ones she's had in fiction on this site.

Huzzah! New chapter!

Well well, is the ice queen finally warming up from Celestia's honest kindness? (For a given amount of "warming up" from hate and loathing)

Kinda surprised Chrysalis is resigned to the loss of her limb. If molting restores the entirety of her exoskeleton, would repeated moltings also gradually restore the lost limb? Or am I reading too much into the restorative changeling power of love and lizards that can regrow tails.

yay! you're alive! love the banter in this chapter

Always love when more chrysalis appears. I hope this will keep updating a bit more regularly. I find the sarcasm and venom in her character just delightful... Yeah I'm messed up I know xD

With my mind still a whirlwind of uncertainty, I gingerly picked up the bowl with trembling hooves and brought it to my lips.

She's missing a foreleg you silly goose.

But this does paint a fun mental image.

This is funny. I make that odd offer of a Blow Job and suddenly this appears in my Feed. Don't hold your breath, Buckwheat!

Huzzah! I was worried this story would be doomed to remain incomplete. Glad to see another great chapter is up!:yay:

9125873
"With trembling hoof and stub" doesn't roll off the tongue that well.

9125836
I imagine even if it did, it wouldn't be able to repair the missing internal parts that were housed in the original leg.

9125836
A dragon regrowing a tail could be a possibility... but a Changeling? no... unless we're talking high magic then no i highly doubt simply molting will fix a missing limb... Molting normally only fixes the Chitin or exoskeleton of insects... their inside will still be just as broken as before... heck a missing limb could even lead to life threatening problems DURING molting...

But i'm no expert on fictional Bug Pony physiology so eh...

Good to see this one update again. :twilightsmile:

No, Celestia might have been a good actor, ...

>Laughs in Show Canon-ese :rainbowlaugh:

9125703
I'm sorry I should have mentioned later that when saying "Mistress of the Sun" I thought she would be replacing Celestia.

9126642
Chrysalis, Mistress2 of the Sun? :rainbowlaugh:

I creamed when i saw that this got updated

Chrysalis in this fic reminds me of GLaDOS for some reason.

With my mind still a whirlwind of uncertainty, I gingerly picked up the bowl with trembling hooves and brought it to my lips.

Hoof?

It's alive!

The ship! It's coming!

Hopefully the leg will really get better with time. Or maybe she can start gradually regrowing it.

Now she just needs to learn alchemy...

'elyra' - elytra

'the top half tore open' - torn

'another shake, I wince again' - winced

SO glad to finally see this updated again! Please don't make us wait so long between chapters next time! This story truly is a masterpiece.

Yay, new update!

I'm so happy to see a continuation of this!

Lovely work, thank you very much for sharing.

Sidestepping around the pitiful excuse for a guard, I forced the dining room doors open with my shoulder.

Thats good old fashioned plot armor for ya. Instead of placing a guard who can actually stare Chrysalis down without so much as flinching, place this weak-kneed incompitent who can't even keep a hold of her spear there so the limping bug can have a power moment.

Looking forward to the next chapter though~

9131684
To be fair though, the show's gaurds have turned out to be just as incompetent. At least these are actually around as well.

Its been so long, I was worried we would never see an update and join the long list of Chrysi/Celestia fics that never get finished. So happy to see this getting updated.

In the words of one of the movers from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog: "About time".

Seriously though, I didn't realize how much I had missed this story.

About dang time! I've wondered when there would be a new chapter!

YAAAAAAAAAAAS this ship will fucking FLY BOYS!

“At the request of my sister, we come bearing a gift., although it’s our opinion you don’t necessarily deserve it.”

Well, you say that but... she never really hurt anyone (as far as we know), and in the end she is the one who got far more hurt by all her actions than anyone else... so, you know, maybe cut her some slack... i am not saying to forgive or forget, but just... take a step back, give her some space, and see what she does :moustache:

For the first time, a smirk touched Luna’s face, although it didn’t reach her eyes. “We hear that the initial adjusting can be rather… unpleasant . Almost painful, even. We figured you could use some support.” Her grin turned into a sneer. “Please, by all means, don’t hold back on crying for our sake. We won’t think less of you for it.”

Ahhh, Full Metal Alchemist rules gotcha

And it begins! >:3

My only annoyance with this story, however... is that I can't up vote it more then once. XP

xonxt #41 · Sep 2nd, 2018 · · 2 ·

Aaaand, that will probably be the point where I stop reading.
I really enjoyed the cranky Chrysalis and the whole healing process, but I'll probably not stay for the BDSM stuff. Thanks for the story!

No, instead… it felt… weaker, with an aftertaste of barely concealed amusement. Almost like when a caretaker is watching a nymph make a fool of themselves, but the nymph is too stubborn to listen… to… reason…

Chrysalis is best stubborn nymph. Lack of Chrysalis's emoji required a substitute stubborn pony.:ajbemused:

when is the next update happening?

I must admit, I'm definitely glad to be seeing this story getting updated(even if I'm personally seeing it 2 weeks late)
It's still one of the most well-written pieces in my feed.

Yes!!
To the moon room!

to those of you reading that description and thinking 'wait chrysalis is going to become celestia' no, she means the 'other' definiton of misstress im prety sure...that is to say 'concubine, courteir, lover, the 'other mare' whatever you wana call it

or not....oh my....ooooh this is even better *evil smirk*

i truely hope to see more of this delightfull tale.

This is a weird story, but I immensely enjoy it. Honestly, not looking forward to the lewd sections, I'm enjoying crippled tsundere vs the castle far too much to have any interest in BDSM smut at this point. But I'll wait for more, great job.

Login or register to comment