• Published 13th Feb 2017
  • 575 Views, 3 Comments

Turnip & Aquamarine - grl6p



A really horrible parody of Romeo and Juliet starring the Hooffields and the McColts

  • ...
 3
 575

Act II Scene 3

Author's Note:

Sorry for the big delay, I've been so busy with school and my other stories. But now I'm back.

ACT II SCENE 3:

Everlasting Peace was a priest at the Our Beloved Princess church. Even though he loved his job working in a church, he had a passion for gardening and botany. When Everlasting Peace was not preaching to crowds of ponies on Sundays, he would go to his own private greenhouse near the church and take care of the garden he grew.

Today, the plant-loving priest was devoting an entire day to working on his garden.

"Plants are a gift from up above. Everytime a new seed is planted into the earth, Celestia blesses it with her tender care and royal grace." Everlasting Peace said to himself as he placed a few sunflower seeds into an empty plot in one of his garden beds, "And once the seed takes its place in the earth, it needs help to blossom into it's future form. Things like poison and environmental hazards will harm the little thing and it might end up a little sprout of crabgrass."

While he was speaking, Turnip walked into the greenhouse.

"But, if the seed gets plenty of food, love, and water, it will grow up into a beautiful tree or flower. That will show ponies that we are like blooming flowers and growing trees."

"Hi Evelasting Peace!"

The priest turned around to see Turnip.

"Hello Turnip, may Celestia bless you. What brings you here so early in the morning? Shouldn't you be asleep at home?"

Turnip skipped around like a merry school-pony, "I slept like a newborn foal last night! Now I have all the happiness in the world?"

"Have you been doing anything sinful? Drinking? Drugs? Please tell me you didn't get back together with Sequoia, your cousin warned me about your last love and how it deeply affected you."

"No Everlasting Peace." said Turnip, "I have forgotten all about Sequoia and how she broke my heart. She is now nothing to me! Last night, I went to the McColt party and had the best night ever."

Everlasting Peace gave Turnip a strange look, "You went to the McColt party? And you got away with it?"

"My roommate at Manehattanville was cousins with one of the guests, so it wasn't a problem. Anyway, I met a beautiful mare last night and Cupid shot his arrows at us! We are in love and you are the Love Doctor! I want you to marry us so we can be together forever and live happily ever after!"

He began dancing around while the priest was still confused.

"So let me get this straight," Everlasting Peace said as he held out his hoof and stopped Turnip from dancing, "You have forgotten all about Sequoia, the mare whom you instantly fell in love with at your college orientation. The mare who was mentioned in every single letter you wrote to me and your family? The mare that was the subject of that shrine you built in your college dorm room? The one who when she dumped you, you considered dropping out of school because the heartbreak was too much for you? You told me that she was your entire world and now you've met this new, more beautiful mare and you drop Sequoia like a hot potato?"

"Yeah so? You told me that I was a fool for loving Sequoia."

"I said that you were foolish for obsessing over her."

"And when she broke up with me, you told me that I should move on." said Turnip.

"When I said move on, I meant that you should focus on your friends and your studies. I didn't mean that you should ultimately enter a new relationship."

"But Father," begged Turnip, "Please, the mare that I doesn't care about that our families are feuding. And we're going to the same college, so we can be together. I want to marry her, please."

"Wait, you're almost nineteen. How old is this mare?" asked Everlasting Peace

"Seventeen."

"I can't marry you two. It's illegal for anypony under the age of 18 to get married. If I married you and this mare before she turned 18, I would be arrested for enabling foal marriage and lose my license."

"But she turns 18 in two months. You can wait until then to marry us. Please, I really love her."

"I'm sorry Turnip, I can't marry underaged ponies, and that would be rushing your relationship. Love takes time. But before you get upset, I'll call this mare you're in love with and tell her that you two are getting a mock wedding ceremony. Then when you two are older and your love has blossomed with time, I'll marry you for real. She'll understand. And maybe by doing this, the feud between your families will finally be over."

"Thank you Everlasting Peace! You're the best!" Turnip happily ran off.

"Be careful. Don't rush, you could end up falling!" called Everlasting Peace.

"Don't worry, I won't."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment