• Published 13th Feb 2017
  • 574 Views, 3 Comments

Turnip & Aquamarine - grl6p



A really horrible parody of Romeo and Juliet starring the Hooffields and the McColts

  • ...
 3
 574

Act I Scene 5

Author's Note:

Here's the big moment where our two lovers meet!!!

Keep those likes coming!!!

ACT I SCENE 5

Enter partygoers and McColt family.

The McColt's party was in full swing, guests were dancing and drinking, the Hillbilly Six Band was playing square dancing music, and the buffet was full of lots of delicious food fit for Celestia and Luna.

Big Daddy McColt went up to the center of the party and announced,

"Attention everypony. I'd like to thank all of you for coming to my party! For years, my family and I have hosted this party to show our friends that we love them and to get everyone to experience the hillbilly culture! Now, it's time for some dancing with tracks spun by Equestria's favorite DJ, Vinyl Scratch!"

Everyone cheered and looked at Vinyl, who was at the DJ booth waving back.

She was soon tapped on the shoulder by Turnip who whispered to her, "Vinyl, at some point during the night when I'm paired up with the girl of my dreams, I need you to play this song. Got it? But wait until we're together on the dance floor together."

He handed her a record and Vinyl nodded, signalling that the plan was a go.

Turnip slipped away.

Big Daddy McColt announced again, "Alright everpony, let's dance!"

Vinyl began spinning some tracks and everyone went onto the dance floor.

Big Daddy then sat down next to Slim McColt, a skinny and sharply-dressed member of the clan.

"Don't you just love these dances Slim?"

Slim smiled, "Ah love these dances. It's so nice to see all of these couples get together on the dance floor and dance together."

Big Daddy sighed, "It reminds me of when I first danced with Bluebell at one of these parties. When we were first dating, I invited her to one of these parties back when Grandpa Plank was still the clan leader. I wanted her to dance with me when the music slowed down, but she was so shy. She told me she didn't know how to dance, so I offered to teach her how. As I taught her how to slow dance with me, the world immediately faded away and we were dancing on a cloud. Ah've never forgotten it. Even after Bluebell passed, I still sit here and remember that wonderful night."

Slim took a sip of cider, "Ah miss Aunt Bluebell too." he said as he put the cup down, "but don't you think it's time to get back on the dance floor and find someone new?"

Big Daddy sighed, "Ah don't know Slim, ah don't know."

Meanwhile, Turnip had split up from Hilly and Fireball and went to look for Sequoia, but he couldn't find her.

"Where could she be?"

He was about to give up when she noticed Aquamarine talking with Crosscut, Buzzsaw, and Hacksaw McColt, a set of triplets in the McColt family.

Turnip's heart began to flutter and he grabbed a random partygoer.

"Excuse me sir, but who's that beautiful mare talking with those triplets over there?"

The partygoer replied, "That's Aquamarine McColt, she's Big Daddy's daughter."

Turnip sighed, "She's the most beautiful mare I've ever meet. She shines brighter than the Crystal Empire or any crystal pony in that city. She's so much prettier than Sequoia in every way. Did my heart love till now? Foreswear it sight, for I never saw true beauty until tonight. I was an idiot to love Sequoia, Aquamarine is the girl I want to be with, I'm going to dance with her and make her my marefriend."

Meanwhile, Hammerhead McColt was eyeing Turnip.

He tapped Big Daddy, "Big Daddy, that's Turnip Hooffield, he and his damn friends crashed our party! Do something about him!"

Big Daddy gasped, "A Hooffield is here?"

"Yeah, Turnip Hooffield, want me to punch him out?"

Big Daddy calmed him down, "Let him be Hammerhead. Turnip is a dignified college student who never harms anyone. He is so kind and gentle and ah respect him. So leave him alone. I don't want any violelnce during our party. If you're going to be that way, you can go back home and think about your actions."

Hammerhead cursed under his breath and stormed away.

Meanwhile, Aquamarine was alone on the dance floor when Turnip walked up to her.

"Hi, I'm Turnip. You're Aquamarine, right?"

Aquamarine said, "Yes I am. Nice to meet you."

"I'm currently a freshman environmental science major at Manehattanville. Where do you go to school?" Turnip replied.

"Ah'm a senior at Baleview High School. I've been accepted into and decided to go to Manehattanville a few weeks ago. Ah love animals and would love to spend my future opening up a nature center near the Smoky Mountains."

Turnip said, "I want to stay in the Smoky Mountains after college too!"

Aquamarine blushed, "Do you wanna kiss me?"

Turnip nodded and kissed Aquamarine on her lips.

"That was nice."

"Thank you."

At the DJ booth, Vinyl Scratch saw that Turnip was dancing and decided to play the slow song.

She grabbed the mic and announced, "Hey all you lovers out there, it's time for a slow song you can really get down to."

https://m.

Turnip turned to Aquamarine, "Do you want to dance with me?"

"I'd love to."

The pair got close to each other and began dancing to the song.

The world seemed to stop around them as in a beautiful dream sequence, as Turnip and Aquamarine were dancing, everyone and everything seemed to fade away. The young couple was now dancing on a cloud, swaying to the music. The couple leaned in and kissed passionately.

While they danced, Hilly was walking to the mare's room to change out of her dress when she saw the couple dancing.

Her face widened with shock, "Aquamarine is a McColt!" she thought as she tried not to panic, "His life is at the hands of our enemy!"

When the song ended, Rosy Riveter wanted to see Aquamarine. She and Turnip shared a goodbye kiss and went their seperate ways.

When Turnip found Hilly out of the party she pulled him aside and put her hoof in his mouth.

"You love a McColt?! Have you lost your mind?! The McColts are our sworn enemies! This could cause so much chaos!"

Turnip removed her hoof, "Relax, it was just a dance."

"And a kiss? Whatever happened to your plan to get back together with Sequoia?!"

"Sequioa who?"

Hilly groaned as the pair went back to the Hooffield mountain.

Back at the party, Rosy Riveter whispered to Aquamarine, "Who was that handsome colt you were dancing with?"

Aquamarine said, "If I tell you, do you promise not to tell anyone, not even Big Daddy?"

"Ah promise."

"His name was Turnip Hooffield.” said Aquamarine. “Son Of Ma Hooffield. According to whispers from friends, he had originally come here to win back Sequoia, his ex-girlfriend from Manehattanville with whom he was madly in love with. But he forgot all about her when he met me."

Rosy Riveter was shocked, "It seems Cupid strikes in strange places."

"Yeah, they don't say 'love is blind' for nothing."

Both of them laughed and went back to their side of the mountain as the McColt party began to disperse.

Exunt