• Published 13th Feb 2017
  • 575 Views, 3 Comments

Turnip & Aquamarine - grl6p



A really horrible parody of Romeo and Juliet starring the Hooffields and the McColts

  • ...
 3
 575

Act II Scene 2

Author's Note:

Here comes the famous balcony scene!!!

ACT II SCENE 2

Turnip successfully made it to the McColt mountain where he was able to see Aquamarine as she climbed out onto the balcony of one of the houses.

Turnip sighed, "Here comes my Aquamarine. She's out on her balcony to look at the stars of heaven and how they shine bright. But she should know that she is the most beautiful star in all of Princess Luna's night sky. Her beautiful blue eyes sparkle in the nighttime. I just want to go up to her and tell her that I love her. If only our families weren't feuding, that way we could love each other for all of our lives.

Aquamarine looked up to the stars, "Hi mom." she said as if she were talking to Bluebell in the Elysians, "ah just met the most handsome stallion at the McColt party. His name was Turnip and he's perfect. Ah don't care if he's my enemy, ah love him with all of my heart."

"She speaks! I should get closer!" Turnip thought as he snuck to a branch near her balcony.

Aquamarine sighed, "O Turnip, Turnip! Wherefore art thou Turnip? I wish you would forget Ma Hooffield and change your name or say you love me and I'd no longer be a McColt!"

Turnip wondered, "Should I come out of this bush or wait for her to speak more?"

Aquamarine said, "You've never been my enemy! Only your name! A Hooffield is just a name, it's not a hoof, mane or anything other than that. What's in a name anyways? If we called an apple something else it would still taste delicious. Turnip, you would still be perfect even if that wasn't your name. Even if your name is Hal, I'd still love you!"

At this moment, Turnip burst out of the bushes, "I trust you all the way. Say you love me and I'll no longer be Turnip!"

Aquamarine gasped at seeing her lover standing under her balcony.

"How long have you been here?"

Turnip said, "A few minutes. I wanted to stay out of sight from Big Daddy or any other McColts."

"Okay."

Turnip said, "I also think the meaning of a name is pointless. I would change my name, your sworn enemy, to please you. I'd do anything just to get you to love me!"

Aquamarine said, "That's so sweet. But how did you get past Nut and Bolt without waking them up?"

"I was very quiet. Love flew me here all the way from my side of the mountain to yours."

"If anyone sees you, you're dead."

Turnip climbed up to her, "I'd rather see your cute little angry face than all of your relatives with hammers and saws. I can hide in the darkness and if I am caught and killed, it would all be worth it because I fell in love with you."

Aquamarine said, "But how did you find my room?"

"I just followed the sound of your angelic voice in the night."

"Okay."

Turnip got down on his knees, "Aqua, by Princess Luna's moon, I swear that I will-"

Aquamarine interrupted him, "Don't swear by the moon! It's always changing and I don't want you to change too! Don't swear at all. It's been a very long night and I really don't feel like swearing."

"Are you going to leave me so unsatisfied?"

"No Turnip. I love you. I'll always leave you satisfied. You're the only boy who actually visits me on the mountain, all of my past boyfriends were scared away by my family. But you're different and I like that."

Somewhere away from the couple, Rosy Riveter called, "Aqua!"

Aquamarine turned to Turnip, "That's my mother figure Rosy Riveter. She likes to check on me at night. I have to go see her. Don't move, I'll be right back."

She left her balcony and went inside.

Turnip sighed, "Somepony pinch me. This must be too good for a dream."

Aquamarine came back out to Turnip, "Rosy wants me in for the night so I'll make this quick. If you are a true loverpony, you can prove it to me tomorrow by sending word of a wedding for the two of us. I'll send one of my friends for you and you can tell her to tell me when and where we'll marry. I'll do anything for you."

"Aqua!"

"Coming Rosy!" Aquamarine called inside, "See you tomorrow Turnip."

Turnip watched her go inside and sigh, "Being apart from Aquamarine is the worst feeling in the world. Everything is so much better when she's around. I want to see her everyday."

Aquamarine came back out onto the balcony for Turnip, "What time should I send my friend for you?"

Turnip replied, "About 9 AM."

"Great. I have to go now. It's 2 o'clock in the morning and I need my beauty sleep."

Turnip started to leave, "See you tomorrow Aqua."

Aquamarine said, "Goodnight Turnip! Parting is such sweet sorrow! That I shall say goodnight till it be morrow. I hope your dreams fill you with ecstasy!"

Turnip looked back at her, "And I hope your dreams are the same thing. I'm going to see my priest friend and tell him everything."

He blew at kiss at the balcony and Aquamarine blew a kiss back.

Exunt