• Published 8th Feb 2017
  • 697 Views, 63 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 5: Duelists in Equestria - Bahamut0



The portal between the human world and Equestria has been acting up. It's been fluctuating. Now it's only a matter of time before something goes wrong. As Burst and a few of his friends are about to find out.

  • ...
3
 63
 697

Duel 5: Unexpected Encounter

Starlight was just about done fixing the portal. "There!" Starlight powered down her magic. "That should do it! All we need to do now it wait a couple of hours and it should be back to normal."

"Great! I can't wait to get back home!", Inferno said with a smile. "I bet the Rarity back home is worried sick about me."

"Well, it's barely been a day.", Burst noted. "I don't think we've been gone that long."

"I wouldn't worry about it.", Starlight said with a smile. "You bunch should be back home before your school week starts! In the meantime, I'm gonna go for a walk. I could really use some fresh air after trying to fix the portal."

"Have fun."

Starlight took a moment to take a deep breath and smiled. It was a pretty nice day out in Ponyville. And for once things seemed peaceful in Ponyville. That is, until something was sent flying her way.

"HIT THE DIRT!", a pegasus screamed as he was sent hurtling her way! Starlight ducked and fired an impact cushion spell to soften the pegasus's landing! Starlight rushed over to him!

"Oh man! Are you alright?", she asked. The pegasus rubbed his head. He had a black mane, a dark blue coat, and his cutie mark was a cloud with a thunder bolt on it. He was also wearing a black beanie cap.

"Yeah. Thanks to your spell. It really saved my flank! I'm Shadow Thunder!" Shadow then took a moment to take in Starlight's appearance. "Wh-what's your name?"

"Oh! I'm Starlight! Starlight Glimmer. Nice to meet you!" The two were interrupted by an earth pony with a dark grey card and a white mane and tail.

"Shadow! You alright bro?", Dark Ice asked. Shadow frowned at his brother.

"I was. Until YOU put that stupid idea into my head to try and fly at top speed! I nearly crashed Ice!"

Ice let out a sheepish chuckle. "I guess it was a pretty dumb idea." Ice then turned to Starlight. "So who's your marefriend?" Starlight and Shadow blushed. "Ha ha! Relax! I'm kidding. C'mon Shadow. We'd better get home soon." As he began to leave, Shadow turned to Starlight.

"Say, are you doing anything later?"

"Oh. Not really. You?"

"I got no plans. How about I properly thank you for saving my flank?"

"I'd like that.", Starlight said with a smile.

"Sweet! See ya then!" As Shadow flew off, Starlight smiled at him.

"I can't wait."