• Published 23rd Jan 2017
  • 698 Views, 89 Comments

Big Tavi Lil Tavi Cardboard Box - All Art Is Quite Useless



A mishap involving Vinyl Scratch's latest piece of audio equipment is only the start of a whole heap of problems. Now, with all pretense stripped from Vinyl's character, how will she adapt to life being the mare she's always appeared not to be?

  • ...
3
 89
 698

Transition

Vinyl really was an astounding pony, something which I never would have guessed before I had the strange pleasure of meeting her. While I, like most others who have met her, initially thought that she lived for parties and thrived on music, I discovered in time that I was only partially correct.

Sometimes, I still feel the need to broach this topic with her, although things have changed significantly since those times. The idea of what she experienced is still so alien to me, I find myself becoming curious. But, as I was saying, Vinyl was amazing in so many ways, she was extraordinarily talented, caring, intelligent and kind, and she still is now, although rest assured she is significantly less guarded. Honestly, I worried, back then. If she had stayed how she was, with all of those conflicting emotions swirling around in her head like that, well, let's just say that she could have snapped a lot harder than she did.

Of course, that isn't to say that she never felt low again, after that one conversation. Whether she would tell me at the time or not, Vinyl was a glutton for self punishment, and at times couldn't help but inflict it upon herself. There were a lot of times when nobody knew just what was going on with her, and that was how she liked it. I'm able to say all of this because the strikingly less secretive Vinyl Scratch of today has told me herself.

Now at this point, you're probably thinking "Well this is all well and good, but is the new furniture ever going to be ordered?" The answer to that, I am sorry to say, is not yet. Vinyl had things to work through right then, and the furniture, despite the initial urgency of replacing it, ended up on the back burner. Actually, thinking about it, the old furniture probably ended up somewhere similar.

But, I digress. At this moment, Vinyl was not thinking about whether periwinkle blue couches would compliment the interior decor, or whether the undamaged living room curtains should be swapped for a darker set, just to accommodate for the changes. Right now, Vinyl, seemingly the embodiment of calm and collected confidence, was stood wondering how the heck she was going to come forward to anypony with her problems, let alone a royal.

Vinyl considered what she would say, what she even could say, and how it would be received. She wondered whether she would be alone during her visit or if there would be others present. She wondered if anybody would take her seriously, or if she even took herself seriously, for that matter. She wondered if any of this would be of any help, and at one point considered blowing it all off and slipping back into indifference, but then concluded that she couldn't run away from herself, and resolved to push forwards with her task. Words can't describe how glad I am that she did.

The next part of the story details Vinyl's adjustment to life without unnecessary barriers.