• Published 9th Dec 2016
  • 2,934 Views, 50 Comments

'The Flash' meets 'The Dash' - Silver Inkwell



When the Flash ends up in the world of Equestria due to his speed he will have to try to find his way back home with the help of all the other ponies, but can he make it back home or will he have to stay in this new strange foreign land?

  • ...
15
 50
 2,934

Meeting The Dash

“They all seem like enthusiastic girls,” Barry said on their way back.

“You have no idea,” Sunset said thinking of the fun filled party Pinkie Pie.

And with that said they walked the rest of the way back in complete silence.

Eventually they got back to the band room to see that everything was fine.

“Well I see that you managed not to completely destroy this room while I was gone,” Sunset said, “So after all of this is over and done with I might actually tell you what’s going on here.”

“Yeah, what is going on here exactly?” Applejack asked, “First you bring us the sirens and expect us to get along just fine and be friends and all that. And then secondly this here stranger shows up without saying a word and we don’t get to hear an explanation from either of you, I think we deserve some answers now.”

“Perhaps maybe right now isn’t the best time for that because it’s a really long story, and we don’t have time for it right now, so you’ll just have to wait a bit.”

“Alright then, fine, we’ll wait, but we still do want answers from you.”

“Fine then, that’s understood,” Sunset said, and with that they left them.

“Where are we going now exactly?” Barry asked.

“Now where, but who, I’m going to call Rainbow Dash to come over here.”

And with that said Sunset pulled out her cell phone and dialed Rainbow Dash.

Soon enough Rainbow Dash came over to them after she hung up.

“Hey guys,” she said jogging over, to them “I was just running around doing my stuff and things when you called me, which was a surprise, but what’s up with you now anyways? And by the way, what’s up with the costume?”

Barry sighed at this repeated question, “Please don’t ask, just don’t, okay?”

“Well, okay then,” Rainbow Dash said, “Your business is your own to deal with, it doesn’t matter to me if you’re some kind of superhero or something.”

“Rainbow Dash,” Sunset said, “I need to talk to you about something very important, and one of the things may involve Barry over here, okay?”

“Well okay then,” Rainbow Dash said nervously, “What do you want to talk about? Sports, news, sports again?” she asked.

“No, you said some long time ago that you knew the Dash personally, right?”

“Well yes, I did, what are you thinking about, a favor from him or her?”

“Yes, we need to meet up with him or her, tonight, on top of the high school.”

“Well I’ll see what I can do,” Rainbow Dash said, “But I make no promises.”

“Fine then, I can accept that, but if the Dash won’t show up for me, then tell him to show up for my friend’s sake, because you see, he’s not from this world or Equestria, he’s from another different world that is also called earth as well.”

“Interesting,” Rainbow Dash said, “But how did he ever get here if I might ask?”

“Through the mirror, and as how he got to Equestria, we don’t know that, yet.”

“Again, very interesting,” Rainbow Dash said, “Well then, I better be off and going now, I have stuff to do and things to finish, and I also wouldn’t want to keep Lightning Dust waiting, she doesn’t like it when I’m late.”

“You’re always late,” Sunset said.

“I know,” Rainbow Dash said, “And I really should get a watch one of these days, or perhaps maybe you can buy me one as a Christmas or birthday gift.”

“Yeah, I’ll keep that in mind,” Sunset said with a laugh, “And if you must go, go then, we don’t mind, we’ve already sent the message that we need to.”

And with that said Rainbow Dash slowly trotted off into the distance.

“I can’t wait to meet this Dash that I keep hearing about,” he said, “But tell me this, is she a speedster too? She sounds like a speedster, and a hero too.”

“Some say that she is a hero, but others don’t, but yes, she is a ‘speedster’, that fact everyone can agree on, she’s the fastest human being alive that anyone has ever seen, and she protects this school and city from harm and danger, and you wouldn’t believe how much danger we’ve had recently.”

“I’m pretty sure that I could,” Barry said thinking about how many things that he had seen that would be called unbelievable or impossible by others.

And with that said they went up to the school roof and waited for the night and darkness to come and while they were up there Barry explained his story and his situation in detail, and by the time that he was done Sunset was in tears.

“That has got to be one of the saddest stories and things I have ever heard.”

“Yeah, I get that a lot,” he said, “But I don’t need your sympathy or friendship.”

“You might not need my friendship if you already have friends,” she said, “But shouldn’t sympathy and kindness and generosity always be accepted by others when they offer it to you freely? I mean to deny it would just be… well, stupid.”

“Thanks for your opinion,” he said, “And your insight as well too, it is most welcome to hear, but shouldn’t the Dash be here by now? It’s already dark.”

“Yes, the Dash should be here by now, but perhaps maybe she’s just late.”

“Or perhaps maybe,” a voice said behind them, “The Dash would like to take time and wait to see what two people do in their spare time. And perhaps maybe ‘she’ is busy, have you ever considered that option before this moment?”

With that said the two of them turned around to face the Dash who wore a suit similar to Barry’s, but he could tell from here that it wasn’t exactly the same, it didn’t have the white design around his logo like he did, and the person behind the mask had a skin color of blue, just like that of Rainbow Dash’s, he thought.

“Hey there,” Barry said, “Cool effect with changing your voice, I can do that too, but then again, I guess that every speedster can do that if they will learn.”

“Wait, are you saying that you’re also a speedster too?” The Dash asked him.

“Why yes, yes I am,” Barry said changing his voice to mask his identity.

“Well then, it seems like that we are more alike than I thought,” Dash said, “But tell me this, are there other speedsters? And also how fast can you run?”

“There are other speedsters, and I can probably run faster than you can.”

The Dash smiled, “You’re on, but perhaps maybe we should race later on instead, but for now how about I take you to STORM Labs instead? I’m sure that my mentor and teacher Lightning Dust will be most anxious to meet you and will be very curious about who you are and also where you come from, after all, she is a woman of science as the labs that she built.”

“Fine then,” Barry said, “Whatever you say, I’ll do it then if you say I should do so, but what about Sunset?
Can she come along or should she stay behind?”

“Leave her behind, she can’t come along with us, even she doesn’t know who I really am, not yet at least, but I have no fear of you finding out, so long as you promise to keep my identity a secret, after all, I wouldn’t want every person around this city following me, now would I? I think that would be even too much attention for someone as awesome as I am, but no matter, come along now, my other friends will be waiting for us with some questions to ask.”

And with that said Barry looked at Sunset with a shrug that suggested he was sad to leave her behind, and then he followed The Dash as she ran around.

Author's Note:

Hey guys just so you know this is my latest and newest chapter and I have nothing new (as of yet) written, so please just wait for the next chapter, I am doing my best that I can.

Next Chapter: Meeting Lightning Dust (and the team).

So stay tuned for more.