• Published 9th Dec 2016
  • 2,934 Views, 50 Comments

'The Flash' meets 'The Dash' - Silver Inkwell



When the Flash ends up in the world of Equestria due to his speed he will have to try to find his way back home with the help of all the other ponies, but can he make it back home or will he have to stay in this new strange foreign land?

  • ...
15
 50
 2,934

Waking Up

When Barry finally woke up, he did it very slowly. He got up off the bed that he was laying down on and then looked at his surrounding area. It looked like it was perfectly normal and fine, and had a set up similar to that which he knew of back on earth, and the only reason that he knew that he wasn’t on his earth was because of the rift breach that had opened up, and despite how much he wished that this was a dream, he knew that it probably was not one, especially considering that almost all of his dreams these days were nightmares instead.

Once he had taken his current surrounding area in he decided to draw back the curtain that was all around his entire bed side making a circle or square shape form around him and his bed too. But he was stopped by a pony dressed in a nurse’s outfit that came through the curtains right at that very moment.

“I would suggest that you not open your curtain because there are already enough ponies curious about who you are and where you come from, and of course the most important and biggest question of them all, what you are.

If I were you I would just lay down, rest, relax, and wait for the Princesses and her friends to come, they should be arriving here very shortly to meet you.”

"Wait,” Barry said trying to take all that he was seeing and hearing in at once, “Did you say Princesses? As in Royalty? As in there is more than one of them?”

"Yes, that’s exactly what I said, there’s four of them, and they’ll all be meeting you very shortly soon enough now, so you just please stay right here to rest and relax while you wait for them to come and arrive, and if you need anything just give a shout or perhaps maybe a ring instead, after all, we wouldn’t want to disturb the other patients that we have, now, would we?” the nurse said.

"Thank you,” Barry said, “But I don’t think that I’ll be needing anything.”

"Are you sure about that? Don’t be afraid to ask, I’m here to help you.”

"Yeah, sure,” Barry said thinking about all the other times someone had said exactly that to him, and then it turned out that they were his worst enemy, and in the end, they always seemed to betray him and also disappoint him too.

"Yeah, I’m sure that I won’t need anything from you,” he said.

"Well, suit yourself then, but if you change your mind I’ll be here for you.”

And with that said the pony nurse went off and away leaving Barry to think alone. He had seen a lot ever since he had gained his very special powers of speed and became a meta-human, but he had never seen anything quite like this, sure he had seen speedsters like him, a shark king man, and so on, but he had never ever seen a pony that could talk before, or any other creature except for the Gorilla Grodd, but that had been with his mind and not his mouth, these ponies could actually really speak, and they also apparently seemed to know his language English too. It all seemed very odd, strange, and unusual to him, and he just couldn’t take any more of it, he wanted to be done and over and rid of all the things in his life that weren’t ‘normal’ for him.

But perhaps it was too late for that now, perhaps he could only change the now and tomorrow with what he did now. And that meant he wasn’t going to stay here any more or longer. The nurse had told him to stay, but he was never ever really good at following instructions or listening to others when he wanted to be. Besides, he would be back in a ‘flash’ before she knew that he was gone.

So he zoomed outside of the room and hospital too and saw a quaint sight before him. It looked like a (very) small town with simple houses that were generally one to two stories high with few exceptions of three or four.

Well, this is quite the rural small simple town, Barry thought, I wonder if they even have some kind of supermarket to buy from or if they just have some kind of market that’s not super that they can just trade stuff and things for instead.
He decided to run around a bit (and) in town just to make sure things were ‘good’ and ‘safe’ and ‘fine’, but he had no idea what that could mean exactly here in this place, after all, it could be ruled by some kind of evil tyrant.

But from where he ran to everything looked fine and well, unless you counted the fact that instead of seeing humans he only saw ponies that were only about as tall as his waist, maybe. Since everything seemed fine and well he decided to go back towards the hospital, after all, he didn’t want to get lost.

So he went back to the hospital and back to his bed and lay in it and then noticed that he was still wearing his costume suit. That’s funny, he thought, they usually don’t let you keep this at a hospital, I wonder if there’s something different about this one. Well of course there was, every single patient in here was a pony, but he also noticed that they weren’t all the same, some had wings on them that needed to be fixed and he also saw some ponies with horns on their head. I suppose that they would be pegasi and unicorns, he thought, the stuff of legend and myth back home. But apparently it was not the case here.

But as he looked around he couldn’t help notice and feel that this world wasn’t quite the same as his. Sure it had talking ponies, that was new and different, but something still seemed off, it was almost like he was seeing this new place and world in a new and different way, but he couldn’t find a word to describe it, well, actually, he could, the best word that he eventually came up with was cartoonish. Yes, he thought, the world, this new place, it seems cartoonish.

And with that he remained in his bed waiting for his fate and wondering what his friends were doing right now back home, were they looking for him? Would they be searching for him even though it was probably a lost cause to do so?

Yes, of course they would be, and they would be doing everything that they could do to get him back. They were the only ones that had still remained loyal to him even after all the friends that he had made that had betrayed him. And he knew (and hoped) that they would never do that so. And he knew that they would do whatever it took in order to get him back home from where he was.

Meanwhile Back on Earth…

"Caitlin, we’ve tried to do this more than a dozen times, this just isn’t going to work, don’t you understand that?” Cisco shouted at her with anger.

"Well I have to keep trying, we need to get him back, don’t you understand?”

"Look, I know that you miss him, but you can’t stay up for three days straight without sleeping. You need some sleep and rest before you exhaust yourself.”

“But if I’m not trying everything that I can to get him back then I’ll never be able to live with myself if we can’t get him back,” she said sobbing on the floor.

“I know,” he said, “But the best thing that we can do for Barry isn’t this, he wouldn’t want you to overwork yourself, so why don’t you get some sleep now?”

“Alright Cisco, if you say that I should, I will,” she said going off to her home.

“Now then,” he said to himself once she was gone, “Where are you Barry?”

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: Meeting the Princesses

Where he meets Twilight and Celestia and gets some explanation.

So stay tuned for more.