• Published 13th Dec 2016
  • 1,764 Views, 78 Comments

Ponies in war - General Sparky



Ponies are meant to be thought that war was never going to happen, little that they know that the opposite is actually true. How would they react to the horrors of war? And could they even make it back to Equestria?

  • ...
20
 78
 1,764

Equestrian-German alliance

Perpective: Z23, 5 miles from battlegroup

"Sir, we have have visuals on the convoy!"

"Good, tell the crew to fire a flare." Jackey commanded.

"Yes, Sir!"

A flare was fired not soon after.

"Sir, the convoy is a bit wierd to say the least."

"What do you mean?"

"There is some weird flying object on the carrier and the carrier has a lot of ponies on deck."

"What?!" Jackey quickly took out his binoculars and look at the carrier.

Jackey, with other crew on deck looking at the carrier, was shocked.

The only thing that Jackey could say was, "That is impossible! Unless..., No it couldn't be. It's them."

Jackey, with the crew of Z23, stood there for a couple of minutes watching as the carrier and the escort battleships came closer.

A crew, with sudden relisation, yelled, "Turn this ship 180 and quickly!"

The sailor, which was in the command post, turn the steering wheel 180 degrees which made the ship turned from Port(left) to Starboard(right).

Jackey, with sudden relisation, blew out a sigh of relief and commanded the crew to stay on high alert for British patrol ships and,if necessary, sink them.

Perpective: Sparky

The carrier flight deck was filled with Helicopters, Planes ready for takeoff and some ponies on the deck rearanging the planes and helicopters.

A flare came out of the Z23. 'Alright, Germany, proof me wrong' I thought.

"Sparky, are you ready to face them sgain?" Twilight asked, through a spell that I thought her during WW2, where we need personal communication.

"Ready or not, I just want to keep those guns from firing at anything."

"Agreed. So, how do we do that exactly?"

"We go to Japan, take part in the battle for Pearl Habour and hope for a peace deal."

"I hope so, what if they refuse the peace deal?"

"We will go and take a couple of coastal cities from USA and cause high casualties on thier side and try to get another peace deal then. If that dosen't work, we will capture thier nukes and threaten peace. I hope neither of those would ever be needed for peace."

"But how do we get the German navy to allow us to go to Japan to begin with?"

"We will join the Axis Powers and then just say that we go to Japan in support of their war effort."

"Good plan."

"Thanks, let's focus on getting to Germany then."

"Agreed." With that Twilight ended the spell.

As if on cue, A crewman radioed in, "We are following Z23, and is closing in on Germany."

"Great, prepare to launch recon planes," I radioed back.

"Yes, Sir!"


Perpective: Jackey

"Sir, they are launching planes!"

"What?!" I ran back to the command post and started to grt the radio.

"Attension, this is Z23, why are you launching your planes?"

"Don't worry, this 'plane' will land on your deck to answer some of your 'questions'."

"What?! No plane could do that and fruthermore or deck is too small to land a plane."

"Don't worry, this 'plane' will hover over your deck and send in my ponies via roping descend."

"What? I never heard of a plane that could do that and I also do not heard of a phrase called 'roping descend.' " I thought that the CO on that carrier was carzy as he or she must be joking.

I was proven wrong when a plane was hovering above my ship and ponies started to rope down from it.

Thats impossible, nopony and no plane could do that, I thought. My mind keep telling me that this is not real. But what I saw compleltely changed my mind.

The ponies which just roped downed was the 2 COs that I just talked to and two guards.

I started coming out of the command post to join my crew on deck.

From what I heard from the crew, the two COs is a mare and a stallion. The mare was called Twilight and the stallion was called Sparky. What was weird was that they has wavy hair, have wings and a horn, which I have never seen before.

I walked with cation as I approach them. A crew, which somehow spotted me in the crowd, said loudly, "Hey, everyone, Jackey is here!"

I am pretty sure I would give him a smack after this, but with everyone on deck, inculding the 4 ponies, looking at me, I just couldn't bare to do it. I will do it later, I thought.

"Hi, Twilight and Sparky, Welcome onboard Z23."

"Thanks, you are Jackey right? The CO of this ship."

I was surprised at how he knew my name and so I asked him, "How do you know my name and rank?"

Sparky repiled with a cheecky smile and said," It was simple, your voice betrayed you. Do you really think I do not recognise the voice that has been talking to me on radio sice we got here?"

I was astouded by what Sparky said, He could easily be an Itelligence Officer just by what he has said. I started to look at the pony standing beside him, and smiled. From thier stance, I could tell that they were couples or boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.

"Twilight, I suppose, could I ask you a question?"

"You just asked one and yes you could."

I stared dumfoundedly at what this mare said, she just outright burned me. But nonetheless I asked, "Are you guys in a love relationship?"

Both ponies blushed and answered in unison, "Yes, we are."

Everyone that was there was shocked at the response. I never saw such a couple that could so admittedly declare thier love for one another in front of a strager like myself.

Sadly the moment couldn't last. Soon, they flew away back to their ship. I looked at them, admiring them for having wings, flying fredomly throught the air. I wished that moment could have lasted longer, even if they are strangers to me, it feels like they are like one of us one way or another.

I mentally wanted to say this to them: I wish you ponies good luck in your love relationship, you ponies thought me something I will never forget. Thank you.

As if they could read my mind, I heard them say you are welcome in my mind. I tell myself to never forget this moment.

Soon, we have escorted them to a port in Germany I said my last goodbyes and they were gone, of to probably see Admiral Doneitz, head of German navy.


German port

A lot of bystanders and working in the port started to stare into the new ships that has just called to port. The ponies, acting like nothing, started climbing down the stairs.

What the bystanders were looking at was not the ponies, but the ships.

For them, they never thought that a carrier or a battleships could have such big guns. During the era, the largest guns were 18 inches, but the ponies' battleships and carrier has bigger guns, 25 inches. Some sailors on the port started to question if such a ship was even possible.

Sparky and Twilight has already flew away to somewhere deep in Germany, the ponies did not question thier COs and carried on with what they were doing.

The mane 6 started to alight from the carrier they have been in for so long. They were told to get supplies as the crew was busy cleaning the ships.

"Finally, some fresh air. Being on that ship was the WORST. POSSIBLE. THING." Rarity said.

"Cheer up, Rarity, have a cupcake." Pinkie said as she gave Rarity a cupcake from nowhere.

"Thanks, Pinkie, that certantly brighthen up my mood."

"You are welcome."

"Can we get back on track?" Spike asked.

"Oh, I just forgottened why are we here. What are are we supposed to do again?" Fluttershy asked.

"To get some suppiles for those ships." Spike said with a sigh.

"Thanks for reminder, Spike."

"Sure, anytime." Spike said with a smile appearing on his face.

The mane 6 started walking in the port, looking around for a suppiles store.

"Do you know where we could get supplies?" Rainbow Dash asked a random bystander. The bystander responded by pointing to the right, where there is a a couple of soildiers and some suppiles there.

"Thanks!" With that the mane 6 are off, only to be stopped by the soildiers.

The soildiers were polite enough to give some suppiles to them under the condition that the mane 6 paid for it that is.

Applejack took out a wallets that Sparky has gave them and managed to purchase the suppiles.

The Mane 6 returned to the ship shortly after they purchased the suppiles.


German navy's headquatters, Perpective: Twilight and/or Sparky

We walked into the naval base located at near the port. We walked in the base with everybody staring at us. They tried to appear friendly and not hostile.

We asked for Admiral Donetiz from everyone that we pass by. But they appear to know where he is and not tell us anything about him.

No matter, we just used the mind reading spell and found him. He was in the planning room with a couple of guards but the guards refused our entry. So, we knocked them unconcious and entered the room. Admiral Donetiz appeared to be planning a huge naval operation when we entered.

"Who let them in here?" Donetiz asked angrily.

Sparky repiled," No one let us in here, we let oursevles in peacefully and forcefully."

"How dare you." Donetiz said with a murderous stare.

"I was planning something important when you guys entered."

"What you are planning is for the battle of the Altantic, aren't you?" Twilight asked.

"How did you guys know?"

We repiled in unison, "It was simple, the ship pieces on your map are all focus in the Altantic Sea."

"Fine, you ponies win, what do you want?"

"I want to join the Axis powers' navy."

"Tell that to the fuhrer."

"Our counterparts already did that."

"What do you mean?"

"You see, we already met the fuhrer before this by teleportation. He has accepted us to the navy and you have 3 battleships at your command. Our carrier and one battleships will be off to somewhere esle. You can check with the fuhrer later. For now, we will be leaving."

As the ponies left, Donetiz stared at his battleplans and smiled.


Spoilers alert and explaination for why no one was shocked when the ponies appeared.

The ponies was not an common sight in Germany but Equestria has already made contact with Germany during WW1 by the Princesses as a hope to take back thier personal students. It ultimately failed. The fact that Sparky and Twilight was a brilliant commander in WW1( despite this Germany still lost the war) made Germany's High Command to keep them in Germany at all costs. Germany tried to warn its citizens that a war with talking ponies maybe inevitable. This made Germany's citizens knew that there were talking ponies. The Princesses, who saw that Germany is more advanced than Equestria, eventually withdrew their case and let Sparky and Twilight stay in Germany. Admiral Twilight and Sparky will NOT meet their past selves in this story. This story will be focused on Naval Battles in the Pacific while the original series will be focused on the Land/ Air Battles in Europe. There may be some of these Battles reference on one another.

Author's Note:

1) The Mane 6 refers to Spike, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie Pie. 2) This series will be put on hiatus until the main series catches up to this event or when I feel its ok. 3) The plane that hovered over Z23 is a multi- purpose helicopter. 4) Please leave constructive comments on how to improve this story for you guys.
5) Next chapter: Battle of Pearl Habour. Trailer: The Battle of Pearl Habour is about to begin, with a few changes in the outcome of that battle that will change History as we know it

That is all, General Sparky out.