• Published 13th Dec 2016
  • 1,763 Views, 78 Comments

Ponies in war - General Sparky



Ponies are meant to be thought that war was never going to happen, little that they know that the opposite is actually true. How would they react to the horrors of war? And could they even make it back to Equestria?

  • ...
20
 78
 1,763

Revelations part 1

Fort Canning HQ, 7 p.m, Perpective: Percival

"Sir, A message from Allied High Command." A private said as he entered the room.

"Show it to me." I repiled in a low voice.

"Yes, Sir!" The Private repiled.

The Private put a document in front of me before leaving.

What do you want now? I sighed. Usually reports coming from High Command won't be good, especially when Singapore could be attacked at any moment. I stared at the document in front of me. I looked at the cover page, It says: Top Secret! Only to be read by authorised personel. I flipped open the cover page to find that there was a picture of a prototype of a aircraft carrier attached. The entire document was talking about this carrier, which I have no interest in. For simplicity, I highlighted the part where it was related to either the British Army stationed here or anything related to this island.

The entire document was confusing, with parts of infomation scattered around the entire report. After looking through the entire document thrice, I only take out the important infomation and summarise this infomation in a piece of paper, should there be the need of future references.

The entire document summarised:

The Allied Forces are building a new type of ship based on the Japanese 'super carrier'. This carrier is expected to be completed by April 1942, and that it should be operational by June 1942.

If this battle is won, the carrier would make its way here, to use it as a offensive wepon in the Pacific War. So, it is important to hold Singapore at all costs. Though other locations were considered, but it is most effective when it arrived in Singapore.

Should the Allied Forces have a chance,, the Allied Forces in the Pacific would send more troops to Singapore. As it was a critical base for power projection in the Pacific. Ironically, Singapore is a island. The Allied High Command can't bear to lose this tiny island to the Japanese, for it was an impregnable fortress that has been built up with lots of time and resources and it was 'eazy' to defend it.

There was some naval nonsense in that report in which I do not understand so it didn't go into the summarised version.

I was about to call it a day when a Private just came in to my office and gave me another report. "Sir, a new report just came in!" He said with a salute.

"At ease, soldier, What is this report about?"

"It's about an incident that happened near Harbourfront, the rest I'm not so sure." The Private reported.

"Good, give me the report and you may leave now." I ordered.

"Yes, Sir!" He replied. He put the report on my desk and left my office.

Let's see what is it this time. I thought as I was tried from my duties in the day.

I open the report and read through it. As I was reading the entire report, I was a bit surprised.

The report was about Rain and another mare doing weird stuff and ended up in Alexandra hospital. Apparently the other mare was armed. She has a MP40 and a light machine gun that was unidentified. It was light but was hard to identify as it was never seen before by British troops. Both of these guns were stored in a British controlled warehouse near Fort Canning.

At least they were not killed in battle I thought as I regarded Rain as a friend.

I would maybe visit them later. Wait, isn't Rain is a naval commander? Maybe he would understand some of those naval nonsense.

'I would visit them later with the report then,' I told myself mentally .

I would also need to question that mare too. "*sigh* Why is my job so hard?" I asked nobody in particular.


7.30 p.m

I was finally done with my duties for the day and I could finally go to visit Rain and that other Mare.

As I left my office, I brought the 'confidential' report and a book that Rain gave me not long ago. It was about the legend of Princess Ditzy and Prince Shimmer. I haven't read it yet, maybe I get some time to read it today.

I left the underground HQ and started to walk towards the hospital. Luckily, the Hospital was within walking distance from the HQ.

I reached the Hospital at around 8 p.m and enter it.

I walked towards the front counter and a medical personel at the front counter asked, "May I help you?"

"Yes, I want to know where is General Rain and the mare that came in with her."

"You mean the two horses that came in the evening?" She asked.

"Err...Yes?" I hesitatedly replied.

"They are in room 307, Just go up that staircase to the third floor and turn right. You won't miss them, General." She said, pointing to a staircase to my left.

"Thanks!" I repiled excitedly as I make my way to room 307.

As I entered the room, I saw two ponies talking to Rain and the other mare.

"Look at who has arrived." A pegasus with yellow coat and orange mane said.

"Err..Hi?" I repiled.

"Oh, you came." Rain said, tilting his head to look at me.

I am not sure hoe to respond to that so i just give a nod to what Rain has just said.

I walked slowly towards Rain and asked, "Who are these ponies?"

"Oh, Let me intoduce Spitfire, Soarin and the one other injured mare is Ditzy, but you can call her Derpy." Rain said, pointing her hooves to the respective ponies when mentioned.

The supicious mare, is called Derpy, really? What has this world turn to?

I just stared into space, not believing what I had been told.


Perpective: Rain

I waved my hooves in front of Percival but he just stood there, as if he is overtaken by his thoughts.

"Sir Percival, are you there?" Soarin asked concernly.

"Emm.. I am back, I am so back." Percival repiled, shaking his head, as if clearing his thoughts.

"So, why did you come to see me, Percival?" I asked curiously.

Percival took a seat beside me and said, "I wouldn't be a good friend if I didn't visit you, right?" Percival then took out a document and said, "I kinda need your help to. This was sent by." He looked around first before whispering, "Allied High Command." He increases his voice so that everypony in the room could hear. "I need you help to dechipher this naval nonsense."

"Naval nonsense, you say." I said, developing a small smile in my face. "Give it to me." I said, as I pointed my front right hoof to Percival, signalling him to give the document.

"Hold on, promise me that none of this info gets out of this room first. Is that ok with everypony in this room?" Percival asked.

"Yes, Sir!" The four of us replied.

"Good." Percival said, handing over the Document to me. I did a quick run through of the document.

I filled opened the cover and saw something that shook me to the core.

You got to be kidding me! Is Allied commanders mad?! I thought. As I read the entire document, everyponies, including Percival,' eyes were looking at me.

As I read through the entire document, I put gave Percival back the document and signaled for Derpy to come closer.

She walked towards my bed and sat on the floor. I went out of my bed and sat right next to Derpy.

"Give us a few minutes." I said to everypony in the room.

"It's ok, I understand." Percival responded.

She asked in a soft voice, "What is it about?"

*The rest of these conversions are said softly to avoid it from being heard by Spitfire, Soarin and Percival.*

"It is about that Allied Battle Carrier." I repiled.

"What about it?" Derpy asked softly.

"The Allies is using the steel meant for 4 Iwoa class battleships to build this thing." I said with concern.

"But I never thought the Allies would go to such lengths to build one." Derpy said.

"Well they did, and according to the document, this weapon is supposed to be produced in April this year."

"Ok, but what do we do now?" Derpy asked.

"We must steal the plan and show it to Sparky or Twilight." I said with confidence.

"When do we steal?" Derpy asked.

"I don't know, maybe tonight?" I repiled.

"Agreed. We will do it tonight." Derpy said with a serious tone.

I gave a nod and returned to my bed and Derpy returned to hers. *After this, all voices returned back to their normal voice*

Percival looked at me and asked, "Well, what did the document say?"

"Nothing specific really. Just some naval talk bewteen Allied commanders." I lied.

"Ok, thanks!" He said and was about to leave the room.

"Percival, please don't go now, could you stay here for the night, please?" I said, as I gave him cute puppy eyes.

"But..but, alright fine. Just tonight, for you." Percival said. He returned to his seat and and took out a book.

"I was attempting to read this at home, but since I will be staying overnight, I will read this now." He said, as he filpped the cover.

"What is that book?" Spitfire randomly asked.

"Oh, it's about Princess Ditzy and Prince Shimmer, I haven't read did yet, have you ponies read it yet?" Percival repiled.

"Nope" Spitfire and Soarin repiled.

"I have read it before, but that was so long ago." I repiled.

"Me too." Derpy said with a high pitched voice.

"Ok, let's read this story together." Percival said.

Percival filpped open to the first chapter and started reading.

Chapter 1:The Beginning
Long ago, In the magical lands of Equestria, there lived two very special ponies. These two ponies were special, one was named Ditzy Doo and one was named Rainy Shimmer.
After the banishment of Princess Luna/ Nightmare Moon, Princess Celestia very heartboken by the event. She would still rule Equestria, but not with the same grace and kindness like she had before. That was until she met her love, Nova shine.
Nova Shine was an ordinary unicorn and a soldier in the the newly formed EUP guard. Nova Shine was given the most important role in the Guard due to his performance during Basic Military Training(BMT). His role was to be Princess Celestia's bodyguard. When he was first posted there, he was the only pony guarding the ruler of the country as the newly formed EUP guard has little recuits at the time.
At his time bodyguarding the ruler of Equestria, he saw many dark secrets that Celestia has kept secret from the public. Princess Celestia was very lonely at this point of time. Princess Celestia would therefore spend a lot of time talking to her bodyguard. Through these minor interactions, they slowly develop a bond bewteen themselves. As time passes on, this bond only grew. After two years, Nova Shine and Princess Celestia had develop a special couple relationship. This relationship eventually causes Princess Celestia pregnant.
After 10 months of Celestia being pregnant, she gave birth to a alicorn. The alicorn that she gave birth to has a grey body, grey wings and horn and a flowing golden mane and tail. And she has derped eyes.
Meanwhile, in a far away land, the changeling kingdom, Princess Chrysalis had been pregnant with a child for ten months. This changeling was a product of Princess Chrysalis and General Mantis.
Princess Chrysalis gave birth to another changeling prince ten months later. This changeling has black body with holes in his hooves, a long sharp horn (which looked liked Celestia's horn but a lot shorter), a pair of wings that has no holes, a flowing green mane and tail. Both of these new born ponies are rather small for their age. With both ponies having a height of 10cm and a length of 5cm. Whereas, Princess celesia is 2.5m high and 2m long.
Both kingdoms hold massive celebrations for the birth of thier new heirs to the throne. Little did their parents know that this will be a start to a healthy relationship between two states and a relationship between these two ponies.
---------------------------------------------------------------End of Chapter 1: The Beginning-------------------------------------------------------------


Perpective: Narrator, 9p.m, Room 307,

After reading Chapter 1 of the book, all the ponies including Percival in the room 307 had fallen asleep, too tired by today's events.
-----------------------------------------------------------End of First Battle of Singapore(Part 6)-Revelations part 1--------------------------------

Author's Note:

1) Finally Done with this chapter :pinkiesmile:, expect a longer chapter after this one.:flutterrage: 2) The book that I mentioned in this chapter probably would not make a reappearence in this story, maybe I will do it as a seperate fanfiction. 3) The stealing of plans part will come after the revelations. 4) FYI: The BattleCarrier that the Allies are building is so much weaker than the ESS Independence.
5) Who do you guys think Derpy and rain actually is? Leave all your constructive comments below.
That is all, General Sparky out.