• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 511 Views, 9 Comments

A Day in the Life of Flash Sentry - Silver Inkwell



Follow Flash as an ordinary regular day turns into a not so ordinary or regular day. Nightmare Shadow forces him and other ponies to play some deadly mysterious games, can he survive and win? Will the others?

  • ...
3
 9
 511

The Room

“Where are we?” Celestia asked looking around the room which was completely white, floor, ceiling, and walls, and contained no furniture and no source of lighting or any kind of light except for a strange mysterious magical source.

(The walls seemed to glow as the very room did itself; that was the source.)

“You are here, which is somewhere, and everywhere, and nowhere, it is the product of your imagination, or it will be, the white blank walls will make it easy for you to see what your mind and heart wishes you to see, in other words what you see is both real and a lie, both fantasy and reality, nothing and everything here is real or fake, it is only as much as whatever you want or make it out to be, and so it is both a prison of the mind and heart, and a place to escape from it and your thoughts, dreams, ideas and fears. And it is a place where your questions will be both answered and revealed, it is where the truth cannot hide as well as the lies, it is only by accepting what you see, or rather what you do not see, that you shall be set free, accept the lies and truth, accept reality and fantasy, accept your knowledge, power, and strength. Do not try to escape or resist, for there is no escaping your own mind, thoughts, ideas, fears, imagination, and dreams. In other words, welcome to your own worst dream, a nightmare, where shadows are substance and real, and where your very ideas, thoughts, fears, dreams, and imagination can come to life if you want it to.

But make sure you control them, for it is you that has the power, strength, and knowledge, not them, they are only merely a reflection of your true self.

I hope that you do not fail, that would disappoint me very much, but anyhow your first task is to solve my riddle that I have in this room, good luck.

“May the best pony ‘win’ and let the games begin!”

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: The Games Begin

I wanted to use, "And may the odds ever be in you favor" (or luck), but due to copyright infringement reasons I did not, and also it would seem too cliche and may become an old outdated pop culture reference.

Stay tuned for more.