• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 513 Views, 9 Comments

A Day in the Life of Flash Sentry - Silver Inkwell



Follow Flash as an ordinary regular day turns into a not so ordinary or regular day. Nightmare Shadow forces him and other ponies to play some deadly mysterious games, can he survive and win? Will the others?

  • ...
3
 9
 513

Reveal

And once that had been said Solar suddenly took off her cloak in a hurry to reveal a surprise and a shock, well actually there were many of those both.

The first thing was that she was female (her voice had been impossible to tell who she was up until this point) and the second thing was that he was an alicorn. Flash had to make sure this was true by blinking, but there it was right in front of his eyes, another female alicorn stood before all of them.

“I am sorry that I could not reveal who I was earlier,” she said, “But Nightmare Shadow cast a spell over me preventing me from removing my cloak or letting it fall down or off me no matter what. He also made a spell that made my voice impossible to tell who I really was or am. But now he has allowed me to show myself, and the only reason I could not break his spell is because we are in his realm and in his power and strength and mercy, I cannot fight him here as well as I could do compared to what I can do back in the real world where we are.”

“What do you mean back in the real world?” Flash asked with confusion.

“Your bodies are actually still in the same place, or at least they will be, right now they are in a place that is separate from the real world and his mind so that you cannot penetrate or access his real thoughts, ideas, and fears.

Yet the place is still within his reach and grasp of power and strength, I don’t know what to call it exactly, but I have called and named it the ‘In Between’.

It is a place where reality and fantasy meets, where dreams and wishes collide with the truth and reality, it is a place between light and darkness. It is both a place that is nowhere and everywhere at once, but is always somewhere that you can’t find, it is a place where anything and everything can come to life.”

“I still don’t understand any of this or what you’re saying,” Flash said.

“I don’t blame you, for most regular ponies it would be confusing, but the princess knows what I mean and what I am talking about, don’t you Celestia?”

“What do you mean the princess knows? Yes, she’s wiser and smarter than all of us, but surely some of this is confusing her right now, right Celestia?”

“No, I understand what she means and what she is saying, and I know that I did not save my sister, that image he showed me, it was a lie, and he said that it wasn’t, but I guess it was another trick and lie that he has for all of us.”

“Yes, Nightmare Shadow will do whatever he can to manipulate you, but luckily for you, he can’t break me because he doesn’t know anything about me.”

“I do know a little bit about you,” Nightmare Shadow said to them.

“As do I my enemy, but we are in a position of stalemate as it were, neither one of us is willing or ready to give up or surrender our positions in this war.”

“So it seems, and I’m sorry that you had to pick the losing side, but then again I can understand why, Nightmare Moon always did want you to be both weak and strong, but she always wanted you to lose to her no matter what the cost.”

“Wait, is there some kind of connection between the two of you?” Flash asked.

“Yes, we both have the same mother, but where he was a corrupted version and image and reflection of the thoughts, ideas, fears, and dreams of our mother Nightmare Moon, I was to be a representation of her sister, an image of the Princess herself, a mirror and reflection of what Celestia was or used to be.

She created Nightmare Moon out of many emotions and thoughts, ideas, fears, and dreams, but hate was not one of them, but I, I was the thing that she could take her hate upon, for so many years I suffered pain and agony on that barren piece of rock which was called the moon. For so long I always asked why she would do this to me, and she said that it needed to be done, it must be done, she said that if her sister would not suffer for what she had done, her actions and mistakes, then I would in her place. And then when it was finally time for her to leave, she left me there expecting me to vanish away from her mind and her thoughts and ideas and dreams and fears, but I lived on, and

I finally escaped that place, and I have been waiting and hiding as he has been, I wait to strike at the perfect moment and hour, he does as well, but while he will strike for the purpose of evil, I will only ever strike for the purpose of good.”

“But how are you not evil like Nightmare Shadow is?” Flash asked.

“Because she made me good, in order to have an opponent worthy to battle her, Nightmare Moon made me good, and while Nightmare Shadow was only a reflection of what was wrong with her, I was not. And there’s the matter of my name, a shadow over the sun is only ever temporary like my vengeance and anger was, I wanted to hurt her at first for what she did to me, but then I grew dull to the pain, and she found new ways to fight, but they did not last for long.

But I never gave up the hope that he could change, and that I would be better than her someday, and that I would escape the barren piece of rock I was on.”

“Well,” Flash said, “That explains so much and a lot, thanks for clearing that up and explaining, I mean we would all be confused if you didn’t.”

“There I only one problem and question that I see remains,” Celestia said, “How is it that you and your brother are not perfect images of either of us?”

(Solar Eclipse had a red body, yellow hooves and hair, and orange eyes as well.)

“It is because we were reflections and a mirror image that we came out flawed, she tried to make an exact image and replica, but found that she could not bear the sight of looking at herself or her sister, and o she changed us.”

“Wait, are you saying that Nightmare Shadow was a female once?” Flash asked.

“Yes, he was an exact image and replica of our mother, but it was too confusing and painful, and so he changed us, and somehow the male part or side of him won the fight for the shape and form and for the control of the mind and body.”

“Well I think that’s enough talking and explaining for one day, how about we close this talk off now and talk about something completely different instead?”

“I don’t think so, not unless you want to end these games right here and now.”

“Oh all right, all of you win the games, yeah for you, and you can all go back to where you came from now, back home, there, are you happy now?”

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: The Last Talk

Where Flash talks to (the Princess) Celestia

Stay tuned for more.