• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 510 Views, 9 Comments

A Day in the Life of Flash Sentry - Silver Inkwell



Follow Flash as an ordinary regular day turns into a not so ordinary or regular day. Nightmare Shadow forces him and other ponies to play some deadly mysterious games, can he survive and win? Will the others?

  • ...
3
 9
 510

A Practical Prank

The party went on and Flash wandered around trying to look and find some pony to dance with, but he couldn’t find any pony attractive enough to dance with, and some were too young or too old, or too skinny or too fat, no one was just right enough, although the only one fit to dance with, the one who was perfect above all the others and the rest, was Princess Twilight Sparkle.

Of course it was her, it was always her, it could never be any pony else.

Sighing with disappointment Flash went down and sat at a chair in the corner.

In the corner of the room he sat all alone thinking to himself with loneliness.

But the boredom of sitting in a corner all alone would soon be displaced and dispersed; soon enough Princess Twilight Sparkle came over to him again.

“Twilight,” he said, “You came back, I’m so glad to see you once more again.”

“Well it’s nice to see you once more again too, but I was wondering if you could do a very small favor for me by answering a question that I have for you?”

“Sure, what is it that you have to ask me?”

“Will you kiss me?”

“What?”

“Didn’t you hear? Well let me repeat myself, will you kiss me?”

“Twilight, I’m not sure that this is the best question you can ask, or even should be asking, you’re a princess and I’m just a lowly castle guard, there’s no way that we can ever be together, no matter how much we may want it to work, I’m sorry Twilight, but the answer that I must give you is a resolute no.”

“Oh, so you won’t kiss me then? Not even if I begged you to?” she pouted with a sad face as he circled around him like a shark circle around its prey in the deep ocean water (or at least the perceived idea and thought that they do).

“I’m sorry, but my answer remains the same, I must preserve my integrity and honor, and to kiss you would ruin them both as well as my reputation and name, and I will not have any of those things ruined by anyone else.”

“Oh, well then, I’m sure that the princess would be interested in hearing this, and I’m also sure glad that you didn’t kiss me, that would be incredibly awkward for me, after all, I am still a boy at my true form and shape..”

“Wait, what? What do you mean the princess would like to hear this? Surely you do not mean Princess Celestia? If so, please don’t tell her this.”

“No silly, Princess Twilight,” she said laughing at some weird odd joke.

“Okay, now I’m even more lost and confused than before,” Flash said.

“I’m not really the princess,” Twilight said changing his shape or form into none other than the hero changeling Chris himself, “Instead I am me, the name is Chris as I’m sure that you’ve heard, and I couldn’t resist pulling this joke.”
With this said Chris couldn’t help but fall on the floor (quite literally) and as he lay on the floor laughing hysterically at the joke that he pulled off he eventually managed to find his breath and time to say, “I’m so sorry,” between laughs, “I can tell,” Flash said with sarcasm in his voice, “And I get the joke, it’s so funny, pose as the princess to make me confess my love, well you did it.”

“Yes, yes I did,” Chris said still laughing and rolling on the floor (quite literally).

“Well it was a good joke, that I must admit, or at least a good joke for your race and kind, but I am wondering about something, what will come next for me? Are there going to be any more jokes form you in the nearby future? Well now, what will happen next? You pulled your joke off quite well, so now I question what happens next, do you hold this joke and prank over my head?”

“Yes, yes I do, I’ll hold it over your head for the rest of your life, but don’t worry, I don’t have any more plans to prank you in the future, not yet at least.”

“Well that’s just great,” Flash said with sarcastic anger in his voice.

“Yes, yes it is,” Chris said trying to recover from his laughing.

As Chris tried to recover from laughing Flash went off on his own again.

Author's Note:

You'll find out and see why it is practical later.

Stay tuned for more.