• Published 8th Dec 2016
  • 510 Views, 9 Comments

A Day in the Life of Flash Sentry - Silver Inkwell



Follow Flash as an ordinary regular day turns into a not so ordinary or regular day. Nightmare Shadow forces him and other ponies to play some deadly mysterious games, can he survive and win? Will the others?

  • ...
3
 9
 510

The Second Challenge

“Yes, yes they are Flash, and because of that you all can now move on to the next part of my puzzle, welcome to the second part of the games,” Ness said as the room suddenly changed around them, now they stood in a forest instead.

“Welcome to the second part of my elaborate games, for this game you will need to find a pony in this forest that wants something, find them and find what they want and then give it to them, there is no time limit, that is all,” Ness said.

“Every pony split into groups of two,” Flash said, and with that everyone went to their respective pairs, Rarity and Applejack, Fluttershy and Iron Will, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle and Solar Eclipse, and finally him and the Princess. “Alright,” he said, “We’re all in pairs now, pick a direction and then let’s go and explore and find this pony to win this game.”

With that said everyone else picked a direction of the compass and went off, and Flash decided to head in the opposite direction of Twilight, but with a little more variation for when they came down a path that split they saw that the other group went right and so they went on the left path instead of the other.

As they walked Celestia started to talk, “Do you wish to speak to me, Flash Sentry? Do you wish to talk about anything at all with me in private?”

“No, I do not wish to speak here and now,” Flash said.

“Well I do, I think it was brave of you to tell your feelings, most other ponies might not have told them, even when faced with a situation that we did.”

“If it was for the good of Equestria I am sure that any pony would tell.”

“Yes, but it still took persuasion for you to tell, and I think that would apply with the other ponies as well, but I am still proud of what you did today.”

“I can see why, other ponies would never confess their true feelings out loud, or even write them down, especially to the pony that their affection is with.”

“Indeed, and that is why I think you have passed one of your weaknesses.”

“Wait, you said one of them, do you think there will be more?”

“I am almost positive and sure that there will be more, so be ready for them.”

With that said they continued on their journey until at last they found a pony on the side of the road that was crying, this must be the pony, he thought.

What luck, he thought, to find the pony that Ness spoke of that we had to find.

“Why are you crying my young dear pony?” Celestia asked the pony.

“Because I am so lonely, and so very lost,” she said, “But if you could help me out, I would appreciate it above anything else that you could give me,”

“Well what is it you want my young dear pony? Ask and it shall be yours.”

“What I want,” she said, “Is a kiss.”

Meanwhile (1. Rarity and Applejack’s POV) …

Rarity and Applejack were walking down the path and way they had chosen, but they still had no luck finding the pony Ness had spoken about earlier.

“You know,” Rarity said, “This forest is quite dark and spooky and scary.”

“That it is, but what I still don’t understand is how this room keeps changing.”

“Well I’m sure we’ll find that out eventually, but to be honest with you we should have thought of a way to signal everyone if we found the pony.”

“You’re right, say; if we do find them, why not put a message up in the sky with that horn of yours? That way ponies don’t think we’re in danger.”

“What a lovely and splendid idea, alright, if we see the pony than I shall,”

And with that said they continued on their way until they found a very old and very poor pony by the side of the road that was wearing an old torn brown cloak (farmer’s clothing by the look of it) and was begging for some food.

“Please help,” he said, “I just want some good food and clothes strange ponies.”

“Well of course we can give you that,” Applejack said plucking a few apples down from the apple trees that were all around the dark, creepy, scary, spooky forest, “Here you go, some nice fresh apples picked straight from the tree.”

“Stupid pony, do you think it is as easy as that? These apples are poisoned, if they were not deadly to my health I would have eaten them already,” he said shouting very loudly at them, “So go back and get me some real food for me.”

“Alright fine, if you won’t eat the apples then what do you want?”

“I want the water of life, drawn from and by the cup of life; the waters lie deep inside this forest somewhere, find them, and bring me back the youth I had.”

Meanwhile (2. Iron Will and Fluttershy’s POV) …

Fluttershy and Iron Will walked in the forest together looking for the pony spoken of by Ness, but they had no luck as they continued walking on.

“I wonder if we’ll find the pony on this path and way,” she said.

“I do not know,” Iron Will said, “But I am ready to be strong if the need calls.”

But they did not have to wait long to find out, soon they came across a pony who was crying on the side of the road and was all alone by herself.

“Why are you crying my strange dear pony?” Fluttershy asked her softly.

“Because I lost my pet and animal, and I just can’t find him anywhere.”

“Oh, that’s so sad, but we’ll find your pet for you,” Fluttershy said softly.

“Thank you, but just so you know, my pet, he’s not a regular house pet, or any kind or type of regular animal, well he’s a very large and very angry bear.”

Meanwhile (3. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash’s POV) ...

Pinkie Pie bounced down the road while Rainbow Dash flew overhead.

“Come on, hurry up,” Rainbow Dash said, “Time is running out for us.”

“Don’t be silly,” Pinkie Pie said, “We have all the time in the world to do this.”

“You know what I mean,” Rainbow Dash said, “We have to find that pony.”

With that said they went onwards on their path and journey until they found a pony that was on the side of the road waving out towards them for help.

“This must be our lucky day, that has to be the pony that we have to help out,” Rainbow Dash said flying over to her, “Hello good pony, how can we help you out today? Or rather how can I help you out since I am so awesome?”

“I need help finding a new teacher and recruit for my other students that I teach,” the female Pegasus said, “And you would make the perfect one, but I just need one small tiny little favor from you first, it’s not even a big one.”

“Sure, what do you want me to do? Name it and I’m sure I can do it for you.”

“Leave your friends behind, forget them, and then you can come join me.”

Meanwhile (4. Solar Eclipse and Twilight Sparkle’s POV) …

“Where do you come from? Who are you? What are you? What do you look like? Do you know any magic, and if so how much and what kind? Were you ever a student of Celestia or Luna? Do I know you from somewhere? Have you ever been to Ponyville, Canterlot, or the Crystal Empire before? What were you like when you were young? Can you fly? Are you strong? Are you smart? Are you wise? Are you clever? Are you intelligent? What’s your special talent that you have? What’s your cutie mark, or do you even have one?
How old are you?

Can I see your face now? Why do you wear that cloak? Are you ever going to take that thing off or are you going to keep it on? Why won’t you answer me?”

These were just some of the many things Twilight asked of Solar, but still no response, no word came from the mouth, and no word was spoken either.

Solar was silent as the wind, or rather better yet, the grave. Solar just kept looking on ahead (or at least that’s what Twilight thought so) and did not move any part of the body that was not required to move on the path and the way.

“Please stop asking me these questions,” Solar eventually said, “I do not want to answer them. I would like not to answer them, so please, stop.”

“Alright then, if you say so,” Twilight said.
With that being said they continued on their journey down the pathway.

Soon enough they were in luck, they came across a pony on the side of the road waving at them for help. “This must be our lucky day,” Twilight said.

Twilight dashed up to the pony in need of help and said, “Hello good sir, how can we help you, or be any kind of assistance that you need today?”

“Yes, you can help me, I am in need of a teacher and recruit, and you look like the perfect match or fit young lady, and just so you know this is no ordinary teaching job, this will require you to learn more than that which you do know.

It will require you to learn as much knowledge as the princesses themselves.

What do you say are you in for the job, or do I have to keep looking?”

“No you don’t need to look, I’ll help you teach,” Twilight said.

“Great, but there’s just one small favor from you that I need before you begin your teaching job, and it is required and mandatory of you to do.”

“What is it?” Twilight asked.

“I need you to leave your friends behind, and forget that you ever had them in the first place, and after you do that can you help me with teaching.”

And now back to (5. Flash Sentry’s POV) …

“Wait, you want me to kiss you?” Flash asked her.

“Well I certainly don’t want her to kiss me, but come on, it’s only a kiss, it’s such a very small thing, one quick little peck won’t hurt either of us.”

“Miss, I simply cannot do this, I refuse to do so. If I did it could and probably would ruin my honor, name, reputation, and integrity. I cannot simply kiss another pony because they ask me to do it. We would have to be in love and a relationship to do so, and we are not currently in either, so the answer remains no, I’m sorry miss; I wish I could help you with this, and I would, in any way but this one. What you ask of me, it is simply too much and it is wrong.”

“What, a kiss is wrong? A kiss isn’t wrong, especially if it’s done with love and affection, but come on, you don’t have to kiss me the right way, you just have to kiss me, that’s all I’m asking, is that too much of me to ask from you?”

“Yes, yes it is. There are certain things that shouldn’t be asked of any pony miss, and this is one of them, to name the others would take far too long.”

“Look,” she said, “If you don’t kiss me I’m going to get angry, and trust me when I say this, you do not want to see me angry, I’m not very nice when I’m angry, or kind, or merciful, so I will give you one last chance to help me by kissing me before I get angry, this is your last and final chance to help me.

There will be no others, and this is your one and only final and last warning.”

“I’m sorry miss, but the answer still remains no, and I do think I can handle your anger, I’ve seen so many things worse than some pony’s anger at me.”

“Well I’m sorry that you can’t help me too, because no pony is going to help you against my rage,” she said using her horn to cast magic, “And you can’t stop me!” With that said the very earth around Flash started to crumble around him. He started to run away from her but the split and crack in the earth just kept growing bigger and wider, “Princess Celestia,” he shouted, “HELP ME!”

But she was nowhere to be found or seen and then Flash grumbled to himself, “Where is that Princess when you need her? Especially the most in situations like these? She never seems to help or be around when anything important is happening. Oh where in Equestria could that princess be now?”

6. Princess Celestia’s POV

The answer to Flash’s question was that she was far away from that scene, she had left as Flash was talking to the pony and because he was being otherwise engaged and distracted she had not bothered to talk to him when she left.

But the reason as to why she left was this, Tia, a voice cried out in her mind, Please, come help me, this is your sister Luna, I’m being held somewhere deep inside the forest, and I can’t tell where I am because it’s so cold and dark here.

Please help, I need you sister, this will be my only chance to send this message to your mind, don’t question how it has gotten to you, I would assume that there is a small temporary breach in my prison for this to get out. This is not a trap for you my sister, this is really me, so please come help me by setting me free from my cage and prison. I will keep sending this message out in the hopes that it may reach you until there is the chance that you hear it. If you are hearing this for the first time then this message will not repeat again, but I do think that as you come closer to where I am being held my voice will get louder, so please my sister, Celestia, follow my voice, and come find me, and then free me of my bonds and chains. I need your help sister, please come find me, I’m so scared here all alone. This is the one and only time you will hear this message, so make sure that you know it well, for my strength is fading and I will not be able to speak this much the next time you might hear me again. I can only hope that you get this message, I won’t be able to know if you have, and you can’t talk back to me with your mind, Nightmare Shadow will block the way for us to talk and communicate to each other, which is why I say this will be the last and only time that you will hear this. And with all my heart and mind I hope and pray that you find me, and with all my heart and mind I say this, I love you, sister.

Please sister, I need you, come find me, and then we can be together again.

Once that had been spoken to her mind Luna’s voice spoke no more, and despite what Luna had said Celestia still tried to contact her with her mind.

‘Luna?’ She thought; ‘Can you hear me? Please tell me that you can hear me.’

But no answer came, and Celestia ran off into the forest leaving Flash behind and all alone, vainly shouting out with her voice and mind for her sister.

“Luna!” she cried out in vain as she ran across the forest, “Luna! Luna!”

She kept crying out this single solitary statement over and over again in vain, for she never got a response, but she still kept trying no matter what.

“I’m coming for you Luna! Don’t worry! Just keep hanging on for me!”

Celestia kept running into the forest, and then she heard something, it was very soft and faint, not like the first message she got, but it was still there.

Celestia, can you hear me now?

“Yes, I can hear you!” Celestia said.

If you can hear me just keep following my voice,

"I will Luna! I will!” Celesta said running off to find the voice.

Follow my voice.

And Celestia did, and Luna kept repeating the same thing over and over again, never changing how she spoke it, but as Celestia kept running the voice became stronger if she ran the right way, and weaker if she did not.

Celestia kept running until she finally found the prison and cage where she was being kept, it was a thick bramble of vines and bushes and trees, and she could barely see her sister Luna in there, but she was in there, out of sight and out of mind, hidden by the shadows and the darkness, but still there and alive.

Celestia quickly used her magic powers and a spell to blast the cage and prison apart, but there was still something keeping Luna there, magical chains of black and white, orange and blue, red and purple, blue and yellow.

Celestia tried to blast them off with her magic spells, but no matter how much effort, power, or magic she put into her spells, the chains would not break, no matter what, and her sister was still chained and bound, but she didn’t give up trying to free her sister, she didn’t come all this way to leave her sister here like this, she would free her sister Luna, no matter what the cost was or might be.

“Hold on sister,” she said, “I’ll get you out of here, no matter what it takes.”

“Sister,” Luna said, “These chains, they can only be broken by the blood of someone who understands both the light and darkness, knows their power and strength, their good and evil, knows their use, and that is neither you or I.

But together we can free me from these chains, there is a knife that Ness left behind for me to use should I want to try to kill myself, but I think if we cut ourselves and let our blood fall on the chains, then together we can be free.

Come on Celestia, what do you say, shall we do this, together, as sisters?”

“Yes, let’s do this, together, as sisters,” Celestia said.

“Alright then, but there is only one catch to me being free.”

“What is it my sister? Please tell me,” Celestia said with fear.

“Nightmare Shadow said that in order for me to be free the blood cannot be cut by the pony themselves, it has to be cut by another in this case, for if I cut myself then my blood will only be dark with the shadows and the night and dreams and fears, it has to be mixed in, tainted with the blood of the light.

And that means my dear sister; that you will have to stab me, in the heart.”

7. Rarity and Applejack’s POV

"The water of life,” Applejack said, “I don’t believe I have heard of that, or ever seen it, in fact I think that’s just a silly old mare’s tale to give some hope to the ponies who are sick, old or dying, and your sir seem to be a bit old in mind and age, and I mean no offense by this sir, but it is the truth as well as I can see it.”

“It is real!” the pony said, “And I need you to find it for me! You do want to help me out, don’t you want to help me; are you not kind and generous?”

“Well we do want to help you out sir, but we wouldn’t even know where to look for this mythical magical water of life to begin with,” Applejack said.

“I have a map,” he said pulling one out, “That will take you straight to it, and I would go there myself, but I’m too old, and I heard that the pathway and journey is filled with peril and is dangerous, and I can’t handle that anymore.”

“Well then, I’m sure with this that we can get what you want,” Applejack said.

“Alright then, fine, go away now, off with you, time is running out, the water loses its effect and efficiency when the last light of day fades away, so why don’t you go away now? After all, time is running out for you and me a well.”

With that said they went off in search of the water of life. It took them some time using the map (since they had a hard time finding the landmarks on it and actually got lost a few times and had to track their way back again), but they eventually found the base of the hill where the magical mythical water of life was supposed to be located, according to the map which they had, but from down at the bottom of this large hill which only had one spiraling pathway up its side only large and wide enough for four ponies to stride down or up the hill, but they both knew that it would get more narrow as they climbed up the side.
It looked like a long way up, but at least it wouldn’t be narrow to begin with, that would only come later at the end when they were higher up the hill side.

“Well we better get started on this thing,” Applejack said starting up the side of the hill, “Now are you coming or are you just going to stand there all day?”

“Oh I will, but it’s just such a long way up, and I could get tired you know.”

“Look, I don’t care, we’re going to help this pony even if it’s the last thing in Equestria that we do, and you’re going to help me do it, so come on now.”

With that being said Rarity reluctantly started to go up the hill side.

“I wonder what could possibly be so dangerous about this hill, yes I suppose something as important as the water of life would be guarded by something, but I haven’t seen anything dangerous yet, and it looks quite lovely, especially the setting sun in the sky, but I suppose that’s bad for us, right?”

“You’re quite right,” Applejack said, “And come on now, we have to hurry.”

With that said they now rushed to make up for lost time and to get to the top before it was night time, if they got there then it would be too late for them.

But before they could reach the top they were blocked by a guard who now stood in the way of their object, and now the pathway was only wide enough for one pony, but they were at the peak now, and there was a fountain just out of their sight that hid behind the guard, but he blocked the only way to it.

“Don’t bother using magic,” he said, “Nothing works on me, many have tried, all have failed, not even the princesses and Nightmare Shadow himself could get me to move from my spot. And flying doesn’t work either; there is a spell on this hill that prevents any pony from flying up to the top to reach the water of life.

And I am only telling you this because it is required of me, it is my duty, and I thought you would like to know. The only way to pass is if you answer all of my questions faithfully and honestly, but I shall only allow one of you to pass for now, should the other want to pass they would have to and must go through the same test and questions that I am to ask of one of you right now.

These are the rules to pass through this gate to the other side where the water of life is, I did not make the rules, up, I am only here to enforce them.”

“Alright, I’ll go then,” Applejack said, “You stay here Rarity, only one of us needs to go in there and get the water, I think I can handle his questions.

I am after all the element of honesty, and if there is any pony that can pass his questions it bound to me, and I’m sorry that you can’t come along with me.”

“Are you sure? If you answer one of my questions wrong you cannot pass, and if you lie to me at all I will know, and you can pass to get the water, but should you drink it after lying to me the consequences would be most… fatal and deadly to you, so choose wisely what you say, and not poorly.”

“What do you mean?” Applejack asked.

“Tell the truth and drink the water of life to live; deceive and lie and hide the truth, then pass to drink not the water of life, but the water of death instead.”

8. Iron Will and Fluttershy’s POV

“A bear, you have a pet bear?” Fluttershy asked, “Oh my, how interesting.”

“Yes, and he’s somewhere in this forest, can you please help me find him?”

“Well of course we can, right?”

“Yes,” Iron Will said, “Bear is strong, I am stronger, he will not last in fight.”

“Please don’t hurt him; he’s a very nice bear, except towards strangers.”

“Alright, we won’t if you ask us not to,” Fluttershy said.

“Thank you strangers, thank you so much,” the pony said.

“You’re very welcome,” Fluttershy said.

With that being said they went off in search of the very large and very angry bear. “I hope that he isn’t sick or sleepy,” Fluttershy said, “If he is that could explain why he’s upset and angry, or perhaps he just has a thorn in his paw.”

“It does not matter why the bear is upset, you will calm him down. I need him back for my act, and if I don’t have him then I’ll lose the show and act.”

“Well I guess so, I hope that I can, some animals just won’t listen sometimes.”

“Then let us hope that this is not the case with this bear,” Iron Will said.
With that said they kept searching, until they finally found the bear in a cave, and then Fluttershy went over to him and said, “Hey buddy, I know you’re upset and angry, but your friend is looking for you, so can you please tell me why you ran away? I can’t help you out unless you talk to me buddy.”

The bear roared and growled and Fluttershy said, “Oh, I see, well then, I’m sure that I can fix that for you, but can you please come back now?”

The bear growled and roared once more and Fluttershy said, “Great then, we’re off now,” and with that they were off back to the pony who owned the bear.

They got back soon enough and the pony rushed to her bear, “Oh Chuck, I’m so glad that you’ve come back, I was so worried! Don’t ever leave me again!”

“He wants you to know not to mix up his food or medicine, and he also wants you to know that he wouldn’t just like to eat berries and honey and meat.

He also says that he doesn’t want you to punish him for doing something wrong, because sometime he just forgets or sometimes he’s just nervous.”

“Alright, I’ll treat him better, just so long as he comes home with me.”

“Well we’re glad that we could help, need anything else?”

“Nope, that’s it, thank you so very much!”

“You’re welcome,” Fluttershy said as the pony left.

But then after the pony had left a mysterious black cloud swooped down on them, and she tried to escape, but it was magical because she couldn’t escape.

“What is this?” Fluttershy asked in a panic inside the black bubble.

“This is the holding area,” Nightmare Shadow said his voice somehow echoing and bouncing off and penetrating the mysterious and magical black bubble.

“You will be held here until all the others complete the challenge, and please do not attempt to escape or struggle or resist, it is futile, once all the others have completed their challenges only then will all of you be able to move on with the game. I hope that you do not get bored or lonely in here my dear contestants.”

“What do you mean once the other contestants finish their challenges?”

“Oh, did I not tell you? Each pony has their own pony and challenge to face, sorry that I didn’t tell you earlier, it must have slipped my mind.”

“I doubt that could happen,” Fluttershy said, “But what about Iron Will?”

“He is not a pony, and therefore he does not count, he will not endure the same tests and trial that you will all endure, but he still has a purpose and role to play in my game, if he did not then he would not be playing these games.”

With that said Nightmare Shadow remained silent and Fluttershy and Iron Will remained trapped inside the mysterious magical black bubble waiting for their friends and the others to finish up their tasks and challenges so that they could move on, and the only thing that they could do was pray and have hope.

9. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash’s POV

“I won’t leave my friends my friends behind to go teach, I wouldn’t even leave my friends behind to go fly with the Wonderbolts, and they’re my lifelong dream, so I’m sorry, but the answer for your question is a resolute no.”

“But you do want to help me out, don’t you? This is the only way.”

“Well we do want to help you, I want to help you, and I wish I could, and we would help you out in any other way, but we can’t, I can’t, and I’m sorry.”

“Well I’m sorry too, but since you will not give up on your morals or values or your friends, which is very loyal for them, can you do something else for me?”

“Sure, what is it that you want me to do?”

“A sonic rain boom; in order to signal your friends; show me your speed, show me your strength, show me your power, don’t hold anything back from me, give it your all, oh and there is one more thing I have to say, fly Rainbow dash, fly.”

With that said Rainbow Dash said, “Gladly,” and flew off into the air to do it.

Zooming up to speed she quickly broke the sound barrier.

After she did this the same mysterious magical black cloud enveloped her and Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash tried to escape, but her efforts were in vain.

And then the same things said to Fluttershy and Ion Will was repeated to them again by Nightmare Shadow. “Well that’s just great,” Rainbow Dash said with sarcasm and with that they remained silent in the bubble waiting for the others to finish their challenges and also hoping and praying that they would do so shortly, or at least Rainbow Dash did, she didn’t like to be kept waiting on things and stuff, she got very impatient and wanted it right now instead.

10. Solar Eclipse and Twilight Sparkle’s POV

“I won’t abandon my friends just to teach or learn,” Twilight said, “They mean too much to me, I can’t just give them up now and forget that I ever had them.”

“Well then, that’s too bad, I wish that you could have helped me out.”

“Me too, but if there were any other way that I could help you out, I would.”

“Well there is one thing that I can think of that you could help me out with.”

“Sure, name it out and I’ll see what I can do to help you out.”

“Well I have some questions for you, and I need you to answer them honestly.”

“Well okay, I can do that, I mean it sounds easy enough, how hard can it be?”

“It can be very hard to answer your question; firstly, I must ask you this.

Do you or have you ever felt like you just wanted to go back and time and fix some small silly mistake that you made? Or even a big gigantic one?”

“Well yes of course, but messing around with time can be very dangerous.”

“Well yes, time travel is dangerous, but what if I told you that there was a way to change the things, the events of the past, would you use and accept it?”

“Well no, I wouldn’t, because whatever happened was meant to happen, and I wouldn’t change any of that, even if I wanted to. So the answer is a no.”

“Well then, that’s nice to know, and you have done well, you can go now.”
With that said Twilight started to move, but then the mysterious magical black cloud bubble arrived and trapped Twilight and Solar inside its thick walls.

Once again the same message repeated to them as it had before to the others.

“Well then, so long as we’re in here, care to answer my questions?” Twilight asked Solar, but no response came, at least not for a very good long while.

“No, I do not, I will not give my enemy leverage to use against me, so I will remain silent and without a face, unlike you foolish ponies,” Solar said.

“We’re not foolish, we’re very smart and wise; I especially since I’m a princess and I have studied so many books and know all about magic in general.”

“Books do not make a pony or a princess, only our words and actions do that.”

“Well I guess that’s true, but I still don’t see what this has to do with anything.”

“Soon enough you will see; or you will not, I do not care, I just want peace.”

And with that said they remained there in silence waiting for the others to finish, and they could only hope and pray that they would soon move on.

11. Rarity and Applejack’s POV

“Wait, are you saying that if I lie that I die?”

“That is exactly what I am saying, so are you sure that you are ready?”

“Ready as I ever will be, ask your questions, I’m not afraid.”

“Yes you are, slightly. Every pony is afraid of death. Even I am no exception to this basic rule. My first question to you is this, what is your name?”

“You want to know what my name is,” Applejack asked with confusion.

“Yes, would you like me to repeat the question? I can do that for you if you didn’t hear it or understand it, and I can gladly phrase it in a way that would enable you to fully understand it, so would you like me to repeat it again?”

“No, I heard it fine and clear, I was just confused, but to answer your question, my name is Applejack, and that’s all I have to say about that matter.”

“You answer faithfully and honestly, and let it not be said that I do not give fair and equal chances for ponies to understand and repeat the questions I ask.

The next question that I have for you is this, what is your goal, purpose, or quest? For surely you must have one, all ponies do at some point in their life.”

“Well my goal is to get that water of life for an old pony who ants it because Nightmare Shadow said we have to find and help a certain pony, and this must be him, and so we came here by a map he gave us and now we’re standing here and I’m talking to you answering your silly little questions that you have.”

“You answer faithfully and honestly, but no question that I have for you is silly.

My next question for you is this, what is your favorite color?”

“My favorite color, well that’s red of course, because of apples.”

“You answer faithfully and honestly, and now you may pass on,” he said moving aside so that the pathway was clear, “You have done well.”

“Well that was easy, but before I enter, I have one question for you.”

“Yes, what is it?”

“Do you reply with the same thing every time someone answers a question?”

“When they answer faithfully and honestly I do, when they don’t, I do not.”

“Well that’s nice to know,” Applejack said as she moved past the guard and to the circular round fountain, but instead of just one cup there were multiple ones that were all lined up in a circle around the circular round fountain.

And written on the second level of the fountain base were these words.

Choose your vessel wisely, for only the humble and wise may live out their life.

Most of the cups seemed fancy and elegant, and there was only one simple cup among all the rest of them, well I hope that this is the right one, she thought dipping the cup into the water, but I better try it out first before I leave.

She took a sip of water, and she didn’t feel anything, nothing happened.

Well this must be the right one, she thought, or at least she hoped it was.

As she left with the water in the cup the guard said this to her, “You have chosen wisely. Well done Applejack, other ponies choose the wrong cup.”

“Well thanks for saying so, but I better go now, I need to finish this.”

“Well then, goodbye Applejack, and well done.”

With that said Applejack and Rarity left and rushed back down the hill side back to the old pony, right where they had left him when they had gone.

“I have the water of life for you, sir,” Applejack said.

“Good, give it to me,” he said taking the cup and then drinking the water.

It took some time but the effects did come, the old stallion started to get younger. “Thank you strangers, you have helped me out today.”

And with that said the mysterious magical black bubble trapped Rarity and Applejack inside, and despite their vain efforts, they could not escape.

The same message was repeated once more again and then after that they remained in silence waiting and hoping for the last two to finish up.

12. Flash Sentry’s POV

Flash ran across the ground in a panic to escape the rage of the pony.

But no matter how much he cried out for the princess, she was nowhere to be found or seen. “Where is that princess when you need her?” Flash grumbled to himself again “Oh where in Equestria could that Princess be right now?”

But as luck would have it as he ran away from the splitting ground with the crack growing deeper, wider, and longer, he eventually did find Celestia.

He didn’t know when or how it happened, but he suddenly found himself far away from the pony and the ground that he had been running away from, and now he found himself looking at both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna standing there, but Princess Luna was chained to the ground and couldn’t escape or get free, and even though he couldn’t hear either of them he could tell by their movements and gestures that they were clearly talking to each other, and it must have been about something very important and sad because both had tears on their faces, and Celestia looked upset and reluctant about something, but then

Celestia nodded her agreement and picked up a knife that was nearby that Flash had not seen and in the next moment she did something shocking and surprising, she stabbed her sister Luna right in the heart.

13. Celestia’s POV

“You want me to stab you in the heart? Sister, you cannot ask this of me, surely there must be a better way, a cut to the hoof would work just as well.”

“No, he said it must come from the heart, where the most pain, emotion, thoughts, ideas, dreams, and fears lie. And besides sister, we are immortal; whatever you do to me cannot hurt me, at least not in the physical sense.”

And with that they remained silent for some time, Celestia knew that her sister Luna didn’t have to speak in order to express and convey what she meant.
Celesta had hurt sister once before, when she ignored her for the good of the kingdom of Equestria and its citizens, but as a result she lost the sister she knew, and it was a mistake that she never intended to repeat ever again.

“I’m sorry for what I did then,” Celestia said with tears in her eyes, “I’m sorry that I hurt you, and I’m sorry that I wasn’t there for you then. But I’m here now, and I can help you, but I just wish it could be in some other way.”

“So do I, sister,” Luna said with tears in her eyes, “But this is the only way to free me from my chains, there is no other way, though I wish there were any other way to do this, do you understand, do you agree with me, will you do this with me, not alone, but together, as sisters, like we used to be long ago?”

“Yes sister, I do agree, I do understand,” Celestia said nodding her consent.

“Good, then pick the dagger up, and stab me in the heart.”

With much reluctance and with great effort and pain she slowly picked up the dagger, and then with tears in her eyes she started the downward slope that would plunge the dagger into her sister’s heart, I’m so sorry Luna, she thought for one last time before the dagger completed its stroke and was in her sister’s heart, and slowly the blood of her sister she loved poured out onto the ground.

14. Flash Sentry’s POV

“No!” he cried out as soon as the dagger was plunged into Luna.

He could not believe what he was seeing, what good reason could there be for this sight? Why in Equestria would Celestia ever stab her beloved sister Luna?

He couldn’t think of any reason as to why, and so he started to think to himself, surely this must be a trick or lie, he thought, yes, it had to be, there could be no other reason or explanation, Nightmare Shadow was just using him, and all of this was just happening in his mind, it wasn’t real.

“Well you are right about one part,” Nightmare Shadow said in his mind, “These games, they are happening inside your head because of me, but what you’re seeing right now? This is real, it’s actually happening right now as you watch, this is no lie or trick, and there is a good explanation and reason.

But if I told you, it would ruin the surprise and end your pain, and I can’t have that now, can I? Anyhow enjoy the show, I hope you like it, oh wait, that’s a lie, I hope that you don’t, I hope that it makes you suffer in pain and agony.

But no matter what you try to do you can’t change what’s happening, this is merely just a reflection, they won’t be able to hear or see you, but you can try to change it if you want, I won’t stop you, it won’t matter anyway.”

With that said Flash did try to call out for Celestia and tried to ask her why she was doing what she did, but no response, not even a glance his way, Ness spoke the truth, and he could only watch with horror with the events and things that happened next, and some of them just made him want to cry.

15. Celestia’s POV

The blood from her sister slowly dripped onto the chains.

The knife glistened with the bright red and black blood from her sister.

Then suddenly Luna took the knife from Celestia with much pain and effort and grunts, and then Luna herself stabbed her sister Celestia in the heart.

"I'm so sorry sister, but this has to be done,” Luna said.

“And I am sorry as well sister, for how I treated you when we were younger.”

“This is not time to feel sorry for the things and events that happened then, we need to focus on the now, and we can’t be distracted by the past anymore.”

“I know that, and I just that in time you can forgive me for what I did.”

“I already have sister,” Luna said with tears in her eyes, “I already have.”

With that said the mysterious magical black bubble suddenly came down on Celestia and trapped her, and despite her efforts and magic and spells and power and strength and knowledge, she could not escape her prison or cage.

But now instead of the same message that had been repeated to the other contestants, this time a different and new message was relayed to all the contestants who now stood in all the same magical mysterious black bubble.

Author's Note:

Next Chapter: The Third Challenge

In case you missed it here are the subtle hints/ foreshadowing/ themes/ ideas in the chapter
The Fear of Death, The Love of Two Sisters (Luna and Celestia), Light and Darkness, Chaos and Order.

And every pony has a dark deep secret hidden fear inside them, even Nightmare Shadow.

Stay tuned for more.