• Published 5th Sep 2016
  • 1,523 Views, 12 Comments

Twilight's Adventures to Oz - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Twilight finds herself at the land of Oz and must find her way back home to Equestria.

  • ...
3
 12
 1,523

Chapter 18: The Real Wedding

It's been like five days since Twilight has awaken from her unconsciousness and Twilight is able to get her strength back. For the past few days, Twilight is able to help her friends get the wedding ready. With the real Princess Cadence here, everything has gone smoothly for the reception, since she is kind, caring, and fun too.

Right now, Twilight is helping her older brother get ready for his wedding ready with Cadence. They both are finely dressed for the occasion and they are both excited. Twilight is also excited that her old foalsitter is going to be her sister-in-law too.

As Twilight brushes his mane, she asks, "Nervous big brother?"

"No not at all," Shining Armor answers.

"I'm just very glad to have you back to good health," Shining Armor adds.

"Me too," Twilight replies.

Then Shining Armor asks with concern, "Still are you sure you're going to be alright? You just woke up five days ago and still recovering after sleeping for so long."

Twilight giggles a bit and says, "I'm fine Shining Armor. It's bothersome enough with my parent bothering me about it,"

"Well you're their daughter and you're my favorite little sister," Shining Armor replies giving his sister a hug.

Twilight looks at her brother with a questionable smile and says, "Favorite sister? Shining Armor I'm your only sister."

"That's why you're my favorite," Shining Armor remarks.

Hearing the comment, Twilight and her older brother start to laugh together It's been a long time since they've been together and they seem to be being together.

Just then a familiar voice happily says, "Sounds like you two seem to be enjoying yourselves."

Twilight and Shining Armor turns to see her friends are entering the room and they are wearing their bridesmaids dresses.

"My Twilight you look lovely in the dress I made you," Rarity says.

"Thanks Rarity. I really love the dress you made for me, it's so beautiful," Twilight complements.

Rarity smiles and says, "Glad to make it for you. It something special for someone best mare and mare of honor."

"Yeah. I can't wait until I do my sonic rainboom after the wedding," Rainbow Dash says with excitement.

"And to get started with the party!" Pinkie screams with excitement.

"I'm excited too," Twilight replies.

She then lets out a yawn and rubs her eyes. Her friends and brother notice it right away.

Shining Armor asks, "You still feeling tired Twily."

"A little, but I'm feeling a lot better after being to get up and do stuff," Twilight answers.

Then Applejack says, "I guess after sleeping for so long you want do anything except sitting around."

"I guess so," Twilight replies.

Just then, Pinkie says, "And before we forget, Princess wants to know if you're ready because the wedding is going to start very soon."

Twilight turns back to her brother and asks, "Are you ready for your wedding day, big brother?"

"I'm ready," Shining Armor answers with a smile.

At that moment, Twilight, her brother, and her friends leave to go to the altar to begin the wedding reception and celebration. Everypony in Canterlot are very excited and full of joy for the royal wedding coming ahead. But the three ponies who are very excited is Shining Armor and Princess Cadence who are going to be married, and Twilight because she's going to have her old foalsitter as her sister-in-law.

At the wedding altar everyone are waiting for the wedding to start. Twilight and her brother are on one side of the front while her friends are on the other side. Princess Celestia is in the middle since she is the one who is in charge of the ceremony. Twilight notice the pin Shining Armor is wearing is a little crooked so she adjusted a bit. Twilight and Shining Armor's parents smile and start to shed tears and happy that their son is going getting married.

With that, Fluttershy start to conduct the birds to sing the wedding march. When the music starts, the guards open the gates to let the flower girls and the bride. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo spread flowers across the aisle as they enter the altar with Princess Cadence walking down aisle with birds carrying the long part of the dress.

Twilight nudges her brother on the leg with a smile and asks, "Seriously though, I get why the queen of the changelings want to be with you, but how did you get someone as amazing as Cadence to marry you?"

"I'd told her that she'll not only be gaining a husband, she'll be gaining a pretty great sister too," Shining Armor answers with a smile.

Twilight can understand that part and looks to see her new sister-in-law walking down the aisle. Rarity feels like she's going to cry, so use her handkerchief to wipe the tears from her eyes. Applejack put her hat back one and she seems happy by it.

Cadence walks up the small staircase and she is next to her husband to be. They both look at each other with a smile and happy to begin their new lives together. They then both face Princess Celestia letting her know they are ready to start.

When the music stop playing, Princess Celestia announces, "Mares and gentlecolts. We have gathered today to celebrate the union of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza..."

"Princess Cadence is fine," Princess Cadence replies, correcting her aunt.

Princess Celestia smile smiles and says, "The union of Princess Cadence and Shining Armor."

"The strength of commitment is clear. The power of their love undeniable," Princess Celestia adds.

Princess Celestia turns to Spike and asks, "May we have the rings please?"

Spike then presents the rings that is on a pillow to Princess Celestia. The princess then uses her magic to levitate the rings to put on the bride and grooms horns.

She puts the rings on the couples horn as she announces, "I now pronounce you... mare and colt."

After the reception has been completed, Shining Armor along with his new wife, Princess Cadence, walk to the balcony to see everypony in Canterlot cheering for them. The two newlyweds are happy that they are married and know they have everypony's support for them. They then start waving to the citizens to Canterlot with smiles and formally.

"This sure turned out to be a great wedding after all," Rainbow Dash says with excitement.

"I know, I can't wait until the party started!" Pinkie cheers.

Rarity turns to Twilight and asks, "So Twilight, how does it feel to have a new member in your family now.

"I admit, it was a bit of a challenge because of the changes and very excited to know that my brother and foalsitter are happy to be other. So in a way, I'm very happy for them right now," Twilight explains.

Then Princess Celestia comes over to see Twilight and says, "In a way, it's also your victory as much as theirs. You persisted in a face of doubt, and your action and determination was able to give Princess Cadence the courage and hear to help bring herself and you back to us. Learning to trust your instincts and follow your heart is a very important lesson to learn."

After hearing Princess Celestia's statement, Twilight can see that Princess Celestia is right. After everything she's been through, she is able to trust her heart and that give Cadence the courage to help stop the changeling queen. Twilight, her friends, and Princess Celestia look to see the couples kissing and loving each other.

Princess Celestia leans over to Rainbow Dash and whispers, "Rainbow Dash, that's your cue."

With that, Rainbow Dash zooms out of her bridesmaid dress and flies into the sky. Then Rainbow Dash picks up speed and creates a sonic rainboom in the sky.

As she flies at top speed, she happily screams, "Best... wedding... ever!"

After the sonic rainboom, everypony are at the Canterlot gardens for the wedding celebration. Shining Armor and Princess Cadence are together and from the looks of it, everypony can see that these two ponies love each other very much.

Princess Luna flies to where her sister, Twilight and her friends are after she finish with the moon and the stairs.

She then asks, "Hello everypony, did I miss anything?"

Twilight and her friends are glad that that her brother and Cadence are having a wonderful time together. Twilight then turns to Pinkie with a nod from her head to start the part.

Pinkie smiles and then zoom to the d.j and screams, "Let's get this party started!"

Pinkie throws the microphone to Twilight and ends up catching it with her magic.

Twilight sings:

Love is in Bloom

A beautiful bride, a handsome groom

Two hearts becoming one

A bond that cannot be undone because

Love's in bloom

A beautiful bride, a handsome groom

I said love's in bloom

You're starting a life and making room

For us,

(For us, for us...)

During the song, everypony start to dance, and really starting to party. Shining Armor and Cadence dance with each other. Everypony is having a great time at the celebration, especially the married couple.

During the party, Shining Armor and Cadence reach the carriage that is going to take them to their first honeymoon. Twilight comes over to them hoping to say goodbye to them before they leave to begin their lives together.

Shining Armor happily says, "Twily, none of this couldn't have been done with out you little sis."

"Love you Twily," Shining Armor adds with a smile.

"Love you too, B.B.B.F.F," Twilight replies happily.

Twilight and Shining hugs each other as they wish each other good luck. After they let go Cadence and Twilight hugs each other as well.

Then Cadence says, "You're the best Twilight,"

"You too, Cadence," Twilight says.

When the let go after their hug. Shining Armor helps Cadence into the carriage. Then he is going to get in too.

"Hope you write to us some time?" Shining Armor asks.

"I will," Twilight answers with a smile.

When the two couples get inside the carriage, Twilight close the door of the carriage and feels happy for the two newly weds.

Inside the carriage, Shining Armor and Princess Cadence are very happy that they wedding has happened after all, and it's all thanks to Twilight.

"Ready to go?" Shining Armor asks.

Just then Cadence realizes something and says, "Oh, almost forgot."

Princess Cadence then goes through the window of the carriage and throws the bouquet of flowers to the mares. The mares are ready to catch the bouquet of flowers.

But before they have a chance, Rarity pushes the mares out of the way and screams, "It's mine!"

Rarity is very eager to catch the bouquet of flowers, but then notice the other mares staring at her. she laughs nervously and blushes with embarrassment after how she has acted with the bouquet.

When the continues to play and the carriage takes the married couples away. Twilight and her friends, along with Spike are watching the carriage leave and are glad to see the wedding turns out great.

"Now this... was a great wedding," Twilight says happily.

Just then Spike says with pride, "Oh yeah. Just wait until what I have plans for the bachelor party."

Twilight giggles and says, "Oh Spike."

Then the girls and Spike start to laugh at Spike's statement. For the rest of the night, everypony are having a wonderful time and are happy that the wedding is able to go on after all. Twilight is glad that she is able to enjoy this with her friend and family and has learned lessons on friendship and trying in herself. She can't wait to start having a good time with her friends when they return home to Ponyville.

Author's Note:

Though it will be a good idea to put the song on it. And wanted to add some extra saying into this scene.