• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 7,061 Views, 28 Comments

Dragon Sadness - Lord Dico



Spike get's blackmailed, then heartbroken.

  • ...
3
 28
 7,061

All's Well, Ends Well

xxxxxx

As the day began, Twilight started to open her eyes slowly, hearing some strange sounds. She couldn't tell what they were, due to her being very tired, and got up. It sounded like it was coming from the kitchen, so she dashed downstairs to it. As she entered, her eyes widened, as she saw Spike, making breakfast, while wearing a chef hat and apron.

"Oh, morning Twilight," Spike said, turning towards her, in a cheery mood, "Glad you're awake. I made you some breakfast."

He then handed her a plate of eggs and toast, with a glass of orange juice. Twilight just looked back at him, noticing something different.

He was happy.

He wasn't crying.

Twilight then realized that SHE wasn't crying either. Her eyes were dry, she wasn't hiccuping, and didn't have the sniffles.

"I take it Rarity fixed things up?" she asked, smiling.

"You bet!" Spike answered, finishing his breakfast.

"Well, I'm glad that everything's back to normal again."

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. The two of them walked over, and opened the door to reveal Fluttershy, Rarity, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. The three fillies also had a cake with gemstones on it..

"Go on, girls," Fluttershy said.

"Spike, we brought this cake, to show how sorry we are," Scootaloo said, looking down.

"I even got the gemstones, since you like them so much," Sweetie Belle said, as Spike took the cake, with a hungry expression, but then turned back to the three of them.

"Thanks guys," Spike said, "And I forgive you. I'm just glad that my love for Rarity is the same again."

Scootaloo and Applebloom gasped at this, but Sweetie Belle only smiled sadly. Spike saw their reactions and chuckled at it.

"Relax guys," he said, "She knows, so there's no point keeping it secret."

"At least, you've learned about ease-dropping, right?" Rarity asked, with a raised eyebrow.

"I have."

Twilight looked at this, and smiled softly.

"Spike, care to take a letter?" she asked.

"With pleasure, Twilight!" Spike exclaimed, pulling out a piece of paper, and a quill pen, writing down everything Twilight said.

"Dearest Princess Celestia,

I am proud to announce that, not one, but TWO lessons about friendship have been learned today," she started, going over the crusaders, patting each of their heads, "For three of your loyal subjects, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, they learned that teasing about one's feelings for another into something they want in return, doesn't get you anywhere, but trouble, and that if they want help, they should ask." She then turned towards Spike, who was still writing, as Rarity walked over, "The other lesson, that my faithful assistant, Spike, has learned, is that ease-dropping on someone's thoughts on another, doesn't always mean it's you, and that you shouldn't always jump to conclusions on something, and ask them about it. And who knows? It could even lead to a stronger friendship.

Your Faithful student,

Twilight Sparkle"

"Got it!" Spike said, finishing up the letter.

But before Spike could sent it, they heard a loud crash, coming from over by the fields. They soon rushed over, to see Pinkie Pie, with a bag of popcorn, watching a very awkward scene.

Rainbowdash was tickling Applejack.

"Come on! Admit you cried more!" Rainbowdash said, as she continued her assault.

"Hehehehehehe n-no way!" Applejack laughed, pushing herself up to get the upper hand, getting Rainbowdash.

"Hihihihihihi st-stop!"

The others just watched in confusion, as Pinkie Pie chowed down on her popcorn.

"They've been going at it for a while now," Pinkie said, with popcorn in her mouth.

"Oh my goodness," Fluttershy said, in a frightened tone, "Shouldn't we stop them?"

"There's nothing wrong with a little tickling," Pinkie said, getting up, "Here, let me show you!"

The next thing she knew, Fluttershy was tackled by her friends, and started to get tickled by her, furiously. Fluttershy tried her best not to laugh, but ended up bursting out laughing. The others started to chuckle, as Fluttershy started to fight back, tickling Pinkie and having her laugh hysterically.

"Well, I guess we now have FOUR of us, that have the same weakness," Rarity said.

"Oh yeah?" Sweetie Belle said, as she and the others got ready, making Rarity nervous a bit.

"CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS TICKLE ATTACK!" The three fillies shouted, as they pounced on Rarity, tickling her furiously, as she laughed loudly.

As Twilight and Spike looked at the many tickle fights, they couldn't help but laugh at the situation, with how funny it is. But it didn't matter as much anyway, since the whole situation was resolved well.

xxxxxxxx

Comments ( 6 )

Spike is blackmailed by the Cutie Mark Crusaders into helping them get their Cutie Marks, when they find out about his love for Rarity. After a small accident cause by the four, Spike overhears Rarity ranting negatively about a certain "him". In the depths of misery, Spike begin's unintentionally spreading his sorrow to everyone around him. It'll be up to Rarity to bring Spike out of his pain and back to his normal happy self.

Sounds a lot better for a summary.

I remember reading this on fanfiction.net it wasn't bad but it needs a serious grammar overhaul.

Not a bad little story:pinkiehappy:

good story bro. grammers a bit off to be honest

This is a pretty good story. It's entertaining and it keeps my interest. However, there are several things that really detract from it.

The most common and noticeable issue is the grammar. In particular, comma placement is too frequently incorrect. And at the end of the last chapter, when you give us the letter to Celestia, you should only italicize what is actually on the letter. When you also italicize dialog between characters, it throws me off. Also be aware that you need to keep your verb tense consistent. Saying Twilight and Spike embraced each other for the rest of the night, and tonight they'll need it switches suddenly from past to future, and it becomes difficult to gauge what happens when. As a general rule, unless it's a character speaking, always use the same tense.

Another issue, albeit a minor one, is that you seem to be rather inconsistent with the mood of the story. You go from tugging at our sympathy to cracking jokes. Which is perfectly fine, but when it's done in the form of author's notes (A/N: Get it? Because it has "apple" in it? Eh?), it not only distracts me from your story, it makes it seem informal at best, and a waste of my time at worst. I'm fine with author comments, but don't have them pop up like television commercials.

In addition, at times the story feels rushed. Don't be afraid to give more detail about what the characters are doing. Don't tell me Still crying, Twilight found a book about dragons and turned to an article about Dragon Tears, tell me Still crying, Twilight slowly lumbered over to the bookshelf. She had a suspicion that Spike's distress was somehow affecting her. She pulled down an encyclopedia about magical creatures and scanned the table of contents. Finding something that appeared helpful, she turned to a page labeled "Dragon Tears". In this example, in addition to giving more length to your story, you paint me a more accurate and interesting picture of how you want the characters to act.

Besides these, your story is good. The concept of Dragon Tears is interesting, and the misunderstanding of Rarity's hatred was funny to discover. You definitely have talent; you just need to flesh out your concepts and work on grammar and sentence structure. Believe me; these little things add up, and a grammatically flawless story says nothing but good things about the writer.

938935
Your right, but this explosion was bottled up inside of spike, which is currently a closed container thats doing nothing but building pressure. The way the explosion is being seen in my perspective, i the release alone should've turned the basket into mini chunks that can't do any physical damage outside of causing multiple fires to break out when landing on certain flammable objects.

Edit; ok let me clarify a bit

If we go into this argument, than we will basically be going into a discussion of the level of degree and magnitude of the explosion spike created. Now lets just has the explosion was on the level of a average hand grenade. I can see the everything happening the way it is, but thats not what I am seeing . I'm seeing a average hot air balloon, going up against what I was visualizing to be an explosion equivalent to a certain amount of c-4 explosives (i'm not putting a amount because I don't know how C-4 is measured.) So, I don't see any large debris survive that can do anything less than being hot enough to cause fires to break out. Not let me also stay, I'm not taking into account what the basket is made out of, I am only assuming its a light flammable material, it could be light thin sheets of metal. Which than I need to reread the chapter before I go into that.

this is a story that made me cry:raritycry:... but not the first one.:derpyderp2: That honour belongs to Mic the Micropones dramatic reading of My Little Dashie.:fluttercry:

Login or register to comment