• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 7,063 Views, 28 Comments

Dragon Sadness - Lord Dico



Spike get's blackmailed, then heartbroken.

  • ...
3
 28
 7,063

Applejack and Rainbowdash Find Out!

xxxxxxxxx

As Pinkie Pie arrived at Twilight's, along with Gummy and Owloysius, she then pressed her hoof against the door, three times. After a while, Twilight opened it, to see Pinkie at the front door, with Gummy and a box on her head. She found it normal, if it wasn't for her riding the unicycle.

"Oh, hey Pinkie Pie," the unicorn said, "what's in the box?"

"It's the cake I was talking about earlier this week," she said, getting off the cycle, "It's to DIE for."

"I see, but didn't I send Spike and Owloysius to go get it?" Twilight asked, with a confused look.

"Ooh! That reminds me!" she exclaimed, as Owloysius swooped down onto a nearby branch.

Pinkie the pulled out the note she got from Spike, and showed it to Twilight. When she looked at, she became unamused by it.

"Why did Spike send you one of his drawings of Rarity?" she asked.

"Oh, oops," Pinkie said, chuckling, "Wrong side."

After turning the paper, Twilight started to read the note, and looked a bit irritated.

"So Spike needs help with Applebloom and her friends blackmailing him?"

"That's the plan!"

Twilight then sighed at this, and looked back up at Pinkie, with a tired look.

"Alright," she said, "Let me just put the cake in the fridge and we'll go."

Once she took the cake away and stored it in the fridge, Twilight, Pinkie, Gummy, and Owloysius set off to find Spike. As they approached town squared, Twilight had stopped in her tracks.

"Wait, do we even know WHERE Spike could be?" Twilight asked.

"Well, if I was him, I'd probably be at-" Pinkie started, until Twilight cut her off.

"Let me guess...Sugarcube Corner?" Twilight said, not interested.

"Yeah! How'd ya know that?"

"Lucky guess, I suppose."

"Hey y'all!"

Twi and Pinkie then turned to the voice that called, to see Appplejack, carrying two baskets of her family apples.

"So what's new so far?" the blond pony asked.

"Well, we're currently looking for Spike," Twilight said.

"Yeah! He sent me a note that your sister and her friends are working on a circus project, so he needed to get a unicycle for it," Pinkie said, jumping off the said wheel.

"Applebloom? Circus Project?" Applejack asked, "I know my sister's done some doozy things, but consarn it Pinkie, that's just ridiculous. Besides, why would Spike want to work on something that silly?"

Before Pinkie could answer that, Twilight cut her off, and just showed Applejack the note that Spike sent. As she was reading it, she grew very irritated by every passing word.

"Dooh, when I get my hands on Applebloom, she's gonna be in a whole MESS of trouble!" she yelled, "Blackmailing Spike like that. The nerve of her!"

"So...does that mean we won't need the unicycle?" Pinkie asked.

"For golly sakes, darlin', will you forget the unicycle already?" Applejack exclaimed.

"We'll focus on that later," Twilight said, "But right now, we need to find Spike."

The two ponies looked at Twilight, then lowered their head down in understanding.

"By the way, what 'secret about Rarity' was Spike talking about, anyway?" AJ asked, earning a bewildered look from Twilight.

"You mean you don't KNOW?" the unicorn asked with surprise, "He has a..."

Twilight was then cut off by Pinkie, who stuffed in apple in her mouth, then getting a glare from the party pony. She would've suspected Pinkie would've forgotten by now, but it looks like she was wrong.

"Oh, it's nothing, really," Pinkie said, "Though I think Spike might tell you, if you asked him nicely."

"Uhh...okay then," Applejack said, then looking at Twilight, "you're paying for that, you know?"

Twilight then lowered her eyelids, and spat out the apple to the side, unexpectedly hitting Derpy Hooves, fixing her eyes a bit, but then became crossed again.

"Okay, so where should we look, if were going to find them?" Twilight suggested.

"Maybe we could ask Rainbowdash to do an aerial search," Pinkie suggested.

"Well, I guess that could work," Applejack said, "But the only problem is, where is she?"

"I think I know," Pinkie said.

"It's not Sugarcube Corner, if that's what you're thinking," Twilight said, irritated.

"No, I was thinking up there."

Pinkie then pointed her hoof upwards, to the cloud above the three pony's heads. Upon the cloud, lies Rainbowdash, sleeping peacefully and dreaming about being one of the Wonderbolts, but then remembering the embarrassment at the gala.

"Rainbowdash!" Pinkie called.

No answer.

"Looks like we're going to have to use 'Plan B'."

"What's 'Plan B'?" AJ and Twilight asked.

Pinkie Pie's response was pulling out a jack-in-a-box, laying the door side facing down. She then lifted Gummy by the scruff of his neck, and placed him on the box. She then started to turn the crank, and when the music started to end, the jack sprang out, suspending the box upward, and launching Gummy into the air. Soon enough, Gummy was just above Rainbowdash and opened his mouth, clamping it onto her face. Rainbowdash soon felt something on her face, as her eyes widened slowly, only to be greeted by an alligator trying to swallow her face whole. Rainbow's eyes widened greatly, as she started to flail her arms frantically and scream off the top of her lungs. After squirming so much, she started to fall to the ground, to scared to think of flying, and soon landed on the ground.

Gummy then jumped and clamped onto her back left hoof, suspended in the air, causing Rainbowdash to chuckle a bit. As the pegasus pony got to her feet (or...hooves), she saw the others, just as Gummy jumped again, and clamped onto Dash's back, making her chuckle again.

"Pinkie, could you control your alligator?" Rainbowdash said, still chuckling, "The thing scared me to death, and you know how I feel about him clamping onto me all over."

When Gummy pounced again, Pinkie Pie used her tail to catch him, and bring him more towards her.

"Sorry," the party pony said, "I forgot that you were pretty ticklish."

The moment Applejack heard what Pinkie said, she gave a mischievous glare and smirk towards Rainbowdash, only to receive a hoof in her mouth and a menacing glare.

"Try anything, and you can kiss your main goodbye," she said, then turning to her with a smirk, "Besides, you should speak for YOURSELF, you know?"

Applejack then felt very nervous, taking a few steps away, her smirk gone.

"Sorry about that Rainbowdash," Twilight said, "But we need your help. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo are blackmailing Spike, and we need you to find them."

"Blackmailing?" Rainbowdash questioned, "Why? What will they do, if he doesn't cooperate?"

"His crush on-"

Twilight was again interrupted by Pinkie Pie, stuffing her mouth with the same apple from before, and receiving the same glare as before. Twilight then spat out the apple, and looked back at Rainbowdash, who was now trying to hold in her laughter.

"Spike's got a crush on someone?" said pony chuckled at.

"No, he doesn't! Who said anything about a crush? What is that anyway?" Pinkie said, ducking down, eying the area.

"Is THAT what this 'secret about Rarity' is?" Applejack asked, bewildered.

When Rainbowdash heard what Applejack said, she was now bawling with laughter. Pinkie then gave Applejack the same glare she gave Twilight, only shaking her head. AJ didn't understand it, but then looked back at Rainbowdash, who was still laughing hysterically.

"Oh man, that's rich," she said, as she was getting up, teary eyed with laughter.

"How could you NOT have known it before?" Twilight asked, with a harsh tone, "He's always been lovey-dovey every time he's around Rarity."

"Well, I usually get sidetracked from those two. But oh man, I just GOTTA tell Rarity about it."

Just as Rainbowdash was about to jet over to Rarity, she was stopped by something heavy on her tail. She looked back to see Pinkie Pie, biting on it. Before Rainbow could fly higher to get Pinkie off, she was then pulled to the ground and tackled by the same pony.

"You can't! Spike would be hurt if she found out! Plus, he told us to keep it secret!" Pinkie exclaimed, then getting thrown off by Rainbowdash.

"Alright, alright," she said, "I won't tell her. Wait, does Rarity even know?"

The only responses she got from Pinkie and Applejack were shrugs.

"You know...I'm not sure that Rarity DOES know," Twilight said.

"Does know about what?" a familiar voice said.

The four of them looked over, to see Rarity, with two packs with her, coming towards them. Pinkie grew very nervous, as she looked over at Rainbowdash, who had a big smirk on her face. She was probably holding in her laughter. As Rarity approached the other ponies, she started to grow curious.

"Well? Is there something you'd like to tell me?" Rarity asked.

"Well-" Rainbowdash started, but was then cut off, by Pinkie Pie stuffing an apple in her mouth. This only caused more confusion for Rarity.

"What she was going to say was," Applejack said, "your sister and mine are blackmailing Spike about something, and we need to find them."

"What?" Rarity questioned, "Oh dear. I know it might seem important, especially when Sweetie Belle's involved, but I'm sorry girls. I'm afraid, I'm going to have to sit this one out."

"How come?" Twilight asked.

"Well, because my schedule is REALLY packed. I've got orders up the wazoo, due in Canterlot, after what happened at the gala last week."

Bringing up the events at the gala, made the others shutter at those events, even though the princess (who should be a friggin queen, mind you) had no trouble with it. Soon, Rarity was continuing on her way to her shop.

"I'm sorry girls, but I've got to get back to the shop. By the way, I'd suggest getting Fluttershy to help. She'd tame those girls better than anyone, you know."

"Alright then, Sugarcube," Applejack said, "Thanks for the advice!"

With that, the four ponies ran over to Fluttershy's cottage.

xxxxxxxxx