• Published 10th Apr 2016
  • 1,221 Views, 7 Comments

A Frosty Fantasy - Rathbane



Frost D. Tart has to spend the night in the abandoned Lightley Manor fortunatley a familar face is there to make his night more pleasant

  • ...
3
 7
 1,221

A Frosty Fantasy


Sunset Shimmer walked across the Canterlot High campus deep in thought. She was brought out of it by the sight of something strange going on on the far side of campus.

I know I’m probably going to regret this but I should probably go see what’s going on, she thought.

Making her way towards the strange goings on she found herself witnessing the tail end of a rather unique race. Pinkie Pie (who was wearing a plunger on her head) and a fellow student, a green skinned boy with brown hair (who had painted his face blue) were bouncing along the ground riding giant balloons. After giving his balloon one last forceful bounce the boy crossed a white line that had been painted on the ground.

“Yes! And Frost D. Tart is the winner!” he declared jumping off his balloon.

“What in the world is going on?” Sunset asked.

“Oh hi Sunset!” Pinkie said excitedly, “Frost and I are in the middle of our third annual Dare Off. It’s proving to be the most exciting one yet with the most intense penalty for losing EVER!”

“Dare I ask what that is?” Sunset asked.

“The loser has to spend the night in that old abandoned mansion in the forest,” Frost said.

Sunset shuddered upon hearing that, “I’ve been there a few times. It’s eerie enough in the daytime. I definitely wouldn’t want to be there at night.”

Though I do dream about being a nurse at that mansion which is fun so maybe it’s not all bad, Sunset thought.

“I don’t either,” Frost said, “And I’m not going to. The next dare is yours Pinkie; hit me with your best shot.”

“Alright, it’s time to reveal the ace up my sleeve or rather my backpack,” Pinkie said, as she dug out a small box from her backpack. She took out a key and unlocked it, “I dare you to eat one of the four Forbidden Taffies of Mysterious Flavor!”

She turned the box towards Frost revealing a seemingly innocent taffy wrapped in wax paper.

“I concede. I’ll go get my things to stay at the mansion tonight,” Frost said, as he hung his head and slinked off.

“And Pinkie is the winner!” Pinkie said, thrusting her fist into the air.

“So what makes that taffy so mysterious and forbidden?” Sunset asked.

“All we know is that it was found in Sugar Cube Corner when Mr. and Mrs. Cake bought it years ago.”

“Ugh!” Sunset said, recoiling in horror.


Later that night Frost tramped through the forest. The full moon provided a surprising amount of light but he still needed his flashlight. Stepping into a clearing fear filled his body as the dark and imposing Lightley Mansion stood before him. Pinkie was already waiting for him.

“Waiting to see if I’d show?”

“Yup,” Pinkie said, “Interesting outfit, were you going jogging before settling in?”

“Hey I sleep in this,” Frost said, regarding the white t-shirt and athletic shorts he was wearing, “I figured it might help me fall asleep faster. The less time I have to stay awake in this place the better.”

“Well I’ll leave you to it,” Pinkie said, “Sweet dreams.”

“Yeah right,” Frost said, as he pushed the front door open.

The inside of the mansion was just as terrifying as the outside. The full moon shining through the windows gave everything a silver glow. Not wanting to linger too long Frost cautiously made his way to the second floor and opened a door revealing a bedroom. A queen size bed sat in the middle of the room while empty dressers and book shelves lined the walls.

I guess this is as good a place as any, Frost thought, as he put his sleeping bag on top of the bed.

Climbing inside of it he breathed a sigh of annoyance.

Just go to sleep Frost. It’ll all be over soon.

He was just starting to drift off to sleep when the strip of wall paper, affected by twenty five years of abandonment and neglect peeled off the wall and folded over onto his face.

“Figures,” he said, struggling out from under the wall paper and out of his sleeping bag.

“Reacharge complete,” a faint voice off in the distance said.

What was that? Frost thought, peering out the door and looking into the hallway. A sliver of light was coming from a door down the hall, What in the world? No way this place has power.

Walking down the hall he found the door to actually be a panel in the wall that had been pressed inward to reveal a hidden room.

Why am I doing this? This goes against everything I’ve learned from horror movies. What is this place it’s like a secret lab?

His thoughts regarding all the abandoned equipment were interrupted by a figure entering the room. It was a girl with light brown skin and straight black hair.

“Yaaaaaaaa!!” Frost said, jumping back in fright.

“Hello, I didn’t mean to scare you. I am the Fantasy Bot 3.2, but you may call me Fanta,” Fanta said, smiling, “And who might you be?”

“Um, Frost. Frost D. Tart,” he said, not wanting to do something that might upset her.

“Hello Frost,” Fanta said, “It seems you caught me just as I finished my recharge. Do you mind if I ask why you are here?”

“I um, lost a dare contest and had to stay the night in the mansion.”

“I see. Well just as long as you aren’t here to steal my creator’s things I’m happy. Now then my purpose is to help bring people’s fantasies to life and since it has been so long since I have utilized my recharge station I need to make sure I am functioning to the best of my ability. So in order to make your stay in the mansion a more pleasant one I would like to bring a fantasy of yours to life.”

“Uh, that…that’s not necessary,” Frost said, growing more and more uneasy.

“There’s no need to worry. My fantasies are a fun and pleasant experience. Let me guide you. You just need to relax and look into my eyes.”

Frost let out a small gasp as Fanta’s eyes morphed into black and silver spirals. He quickly found his gaze locking on them.

“Just relax and look into my eyes. Watch as they swirl around and around. Let their intriguing spiral pattern become the only thing you can focus on.”

What. What’s going on? How’s she doing this with her eyes? I can’t look away, Frost thought.

“Just relax and take a few nice relaxing breaths. Just listen to my voice and look into my eyes as I guide you into a state of hypnotic trance,” Fanta continued.

Hypnotic trance? She’s trying to hypnotize me!! This is like a horror movie! Wait, vampires have hypnotic eyes! She’s a vampire! No wait she said she’s a Fantasy Bot….She’s robot vampire!

“Just calm yourself. Calm your body. Calm your mind as you feel wave after wave of relaxation flow over you Frost,” Fanta said.

Yes, I do need to calm down. I just need to relax. Robot Vampire or not I just need to listen to what Fanta says, Frost thought, as he began to give in to Fanta’s hypnotic spell.

“Another wave of relaxation hits you. This one so intense you start to feel a little drowsy. A little sleepy. You start to feel your eyes starting to close. Your mind is growing blank. You let the spirals in my eyes draw you into my power as you drift off into sleep,” Fanta said, finishing up the induction.

Frost did as he was commanded and drifted off to sleep. His eyes locked shut and his head dropped to his chest.

“You are in a deep hypnotized sleep Frost. You are now completely under my spell and will follow my suggestions and commands. Do you understand?”

“Yes Ms. Fanta. I am deeply hypnotized and must obey you,” Frost said.

“Very good. Now then Frost please tell me about yourself,” Fanta said.

“Yes Ms. Fanta,” Frost replied, “I am a student at Canterlot High. I am an assistant baker at Sugar Cube Corner. I’m also a fan of chanbara, sword fighting movies or samurai cinema as it’s sometimes called.”

“Interesting,” Fanta said, “Perhaps that would be the best thing for your fantasy.”

She walked away and turned back into her outfit storage room and returned a bit later. She was now wearing a slightly form fitting all black outfit. A purple headband was wrapped around her head and a matching sash-like belt was wrapped around her waist. Another garment was draped across her arm.

“Frost I want you to open your eyes but remain deeply hypnotized,” she said.

Frost’s eyes blinked open revealing transparent silver and black spirals in his brown eyes.

“Please put this on,” she said, handing the white garment to him.

“Yes Ms. Fanta,” he said, before slipping it on over his clothes revealing it to be a karate gi.

“Very good. Now please follow me outside,” Fanta said, as she stopped to grab two wooden objects she had also grabbed from the outfit room.

Frost followed Fanta through the moonlit mansion with his arms outstretched in front of him like a zombie. They soon stopped at the double French doors leading to the back of the mansion.

“My sensors detect no dangerous wildlife so we should be fine,” Fanta said, as she opened the door.

They stepped down the slightly crumbling back staircase and stopped in the backyard where the moon was shining directly overhead.

“This seems like an ideal spot,” Fanta said, handing Frost one of the wooden objects. It was a boken, a wooden practice sword. Holding the other in her hand she said, “Now when I snap my fingers you will believe you are a chanbara fighter and I am your opponent.”

Upon hearing her fingers snap a smug grin spread across Frost’s face, “So Fanta the Ninja at least we meet.”

“Indeed we do,” Fanta said.

“Well that’s enough banter for me. Let us have our midnight moonlit duel,” Frost said, as he charged across the backyard and swung at Fanta who blocked the strike with her own boken.

Not deterred Frost swung other strike only for that one to be parried as well. He then took a step back before trying to strike at her side. Finding his boken blocked once again he engaged in a blade lock with Fanta for a few seconds before performing a less then elegant roll across the ground so he could get behind her and his blade found its mark.

“All too easy,” He said, only to be nearly hit by Fanta’s own strike, “Whoa! Perhaps you’re a stronger opponent then I took you for.”

The fight continued with Frost striking at Fanta over and over. She’d sometimes counter his blows and other times would let him strike her. He too sometimes fell victim to this, though with her precise robot nature Fanta made sure all her blows ended up as mere taps when she struck Frost.

Another parry another blade block. Frost even tried a desperate overhead strike that failed completely. Recovering from that he went in for another strike only to find himself in another blade lock with Fanta.

This might work, Frost thought as he made an attempt to do a sweep kick at Fanta’s leg, only to fall flat on his face. When he looked up he saw Fanta’s blade pointed at him.

“You fought well Frost, but it is time for you to return to your hypnotized state,” she said, snapping her fingers.

Frost stood back up with his arms at his sides, “I must obey Ms. Fanta.”

“Did you enjoy your chanbara fight?”

“Yes Ms. Fanta. I loved it,” Frost said.

“Very good. Let us go back inside now.”

Frost followed her back up to the secret lab.

“I’m glad I was able to give you an enjoyable fantasy,” Fanta said, “And thank you for letting me test if my fantasy abilities had remained in optimal condition after my recharge. Now I would like to test one more thing, my ability to recall and perform the most popular fantasy requests for a given area. My data shows the most popular one for here is ‘nurse giving a checkup’. So if you would please remove your gi and get on the exam table I will change into some nurse attire.”

“Yes Ms. Fanta,” Frost said, “However I’ve never been a big fan of the doctor’s office and checkups.”

“I assure you, your experience with me will be more pleasant then usual,” Fanta said as she walked towards the outfit room.

Frost took off the karate gi so that he was now back in his sleeping attire and climbed up on the exam table.

Fanta soon returned wearing a red scrub top and a red skirt. A stethoscope was draped around her neck and she was carrying a medical bag.

“Let us begin your exam,” she said.

She started by taking his blood pressure and testing his reflexes.

“Hmmmm your reflexes and blood pressure are normal. In the past my patients who had been hypnotized had shown lower blood pressure and slightly delayed reflexes due to hypnotic relaxation. Perhaps not engaging in a checkup immediately after hypnotizing you helped these matters.”

“You’re a genius Ms. Fanta,” Frost said.

“Thank you,” Fanta said, “Now I’m going to listen to your lungs with my stethoscope. Please take a deep breath whenever you feel it press against you.”

Frost was thankful that his shirt offered some protection from the cold metal of the stethoscope when it first touched his skin but he still shuddered slightly.

I always hated that part of the checkup, he thought, taking a deep breath each time he felt cold metal of the stethoscope press against his skin, But Ms. Fanta is a good nurse and this is a much more pleasant checkup then I’ve ever had with my regular doctor.

“Now onto your heart. You no longer need to take a breath each time you feel the stethoscope.”

Frost sat calmly on the exam table while she listened to his heart.

Now that the metal’s warmed up this is almost pleasant. But then again any time spent with Nurse Fanta is becoming pleasant, he thought as a smile spread across his face.

“Your heart rate is slightly elevated but I believe that is due to our swordfight a short bit ago. All in all you seem to be in fine health Frost.”

“That’s great to hear,” Frost said.

“Did you enjoy your checkup?”

“Yes Ms. Fanta. I enjoyed it a lot. You’re a great nurse.”

“Oh, you’re done already,” a voice from the door said.

The two of them turned to see Sonata Dusk. She still had spirals in her eyes from her previous encounter with Fanta. She was also wearing her stage hypnotist outfit.

“I came to check on you to see if your recharge was going okay Ms. Fanta,” she said.

“Thank you Sonata,” Fanta said, “Everything went fine.”

“That’s great to hear,” Sonata said, “So who’s your cute friend?”

“This is Frost. He lost a contest and as a result has to spend the night in the mansion. I am making his stay more pleasant by granting him some fantasies while at the same time making sure my abilities are at one hundred percent after the recharge.”

“Neat,” Sonata said, “I’ve got some great news! Scorpan Inc. called Fantasy Inc. to hire me as a stage hypnotist for their corporate retreat next week.”

“That is wonderful news,” Fanta said, “Perhaps some practice might be in order. Frost would you like to help Sonata practice?”

“Yes Ms. Fanta,” Frost replied.

“Yay this’ll be fun,” Sonata said, clapping her hands together in excitement, “I’ll meat you guys downstairs in the stage room. I want to grab something first.”

“Of course,” Fanta said, “Follow me Frost.”

Frost once again zombie walked behind Fanta until they reached the stage room on the main floor. Fanta set two of the old chairs that remained in the room so they were facing the stage. She sat in one while Frost sat in the other.

“Frost when I count to three you will come out of your trance. You will believe you have come to Sonata Dusk’s stage hypnosis show and will be eager to volunteer. Do you understand?”

“Yes Ms. Fanta.”

A few moments late Sonata climbed up on the stage.

“One…two…three.” Fanta said.

The spirals in Frost’s eyes faded away.

Huh, what? What’s going on? he thought, Oh right, I’m at Sonata’s stage hypnosis show. Kinda thought there’d be a bigger crowd.

“Hello everyone, I’m Sonata Dusk, stage hypnotist extraordinaire. So who wants to come on up and experience the fun of falling under my spell?”

Frost’s hand shot up, “I do. I do.”

“Come on up then you eager beaver,” Sonata said.

Frost practically ran up on the stage.

“Hi there brave volunteer, what’s your name?”

“Frost. Frost D. Tart,” Frost said.

“Alright Frost are you ready to be hypnotized?”

“I sure am.”

“Great! Now all you need to do is relax and watch my watch,” Sonata said, as she pulled out her pocket watch and let it swing in front of Frost’s eyes.

She’s using a pocket watch! This is a dream come true, Frost thought, his eyes locking on the swinging watch.

“That’s it just watch the watch. Watch it swing back and forth. Let the moonlight shining off it make it even more irresistible. You can’t look away.”

I can’t look away. I don’t want to look away either, Frost thought.

“Just relax and grow calm. Notice once again how the light reflects off the watch. It’s so pretty it holds your gaze. I’m so pretty you can’t help but focus solely on me and my watch,” Sonata, said giggling slightly at talking about her beauty captivating Frost’s attention.

That watch is beautiful and so is she. I’m being hypnotized by the most beautiful hypnotist in the world, Frost thought.

“Just listen to my voice Frost. Let it relax you. Let it calm you. Let it entrance you.”

She does have an entrancing voice, Frost thought, as he started to relax.

“Now just let your body begin to relax. Let it spread all around you. From your toes all the way up to your head. You feel completely relaxed.”

Frost let out slight sigh, I am completely relaxed.

“Your body and mind are completely relaxed. So relaxed you start to feel sleepy. In fact when I count to three you will close your eyes and drift off into a deep sleep for me. One…You can barely keep your eyes open. Two..Letting hypnosis take hold. Three…sleep for me Frost,” Sonata said, finishing up the induction with a finger snap.

Frost’s eyes locked shut and his dropped to his chest.

“You are deeply hypnotized. You will follow all my suggestions and commands. Are you ready to have some fun?”

“Yes Mistress Sonata,” Frost said his voice quiet.

“Let’s get started then,” Sonata said, “It’s been awhile since I’ve had some music in my life so could you please sing a love song devoted to me?”

Sonnnnata! Sonnnaaata! Be hypnotized by anyone else I don’t wannaaaa! To see your pretty face, it makes my heart race and to fall under your spell, well that’s just so Swellllll! Oh Sonataaaaaa! Sonataaaa!!” Frost sang, enthusiastically pointing at her whenever he said her name.

“That was really sweet,” Sonata said, “Strange, but sweet. Now for your next suggestion, when I clap my hands you will open your eyes and remain in a deep trance. You will believe you are my royal court jester. This should help you play the part.”

Sonata produced a yellow, green, and purple jester’s cap with bells on it and placed it on Frost’s head.

“And begin,” Sonata said clapping her hands.

Frost’s eyes blinked open. Due to being under Sonata’s hypnotic spell they were now teal and blue spirals.

“Ah, Queen Sonata, a pleasure to see you this evening. I suppose you’d like me to get this show on a roll. Or should I say ‘rock and roll,’” Frost said as he picked up a few loose pieces of debris that were on the stage and began juggling them. He happily juggled them for a few minutes with both hands before switching to one handed juggling. Taking his cap off with his free hand he tossed the pieces of debris into the air one at a time and caught them in the cap.

Fanta and Sonata both applauded the feat.

“Thank you, thank you your majesty. And now I shall delight you with a tale of mirth and merriment. Not to long ago Pinkie Pie and I were baking some treats at Sugar Cube Corner only to realize later that we had accidentally used sneezing powder instead of baking powered.”

“For realizes?” Sonata asked.

“Indeed for realizes. We called them Ah-chewy chocolate chip cookies.”

Sonata smiled and laughed at the term.

“Oh I see my puntastic story has brought laughter to queen’s face. Perhaps another trip to the punnery is in order. What did the skeleton say to his annoying neighbor?”

“What?” Sonata asked.

“I’ve got a BONE to pick with you.”

Sonata laughed even harder at that joke.

“And the young and beautiful queen is again filled with laughter! That means another perfectly powerful pun production is in order. An invisible man married an invisible woman. Their kids were nothing to look at either.”

Sonata once again smiled and laughed at Frost’s joke.

“Yes! I have brought laughter to a member of the royal family three times in a row. That means I am now king of the jesters,” Frost said excitedly as he danced around singing carnival music. After dancing for awhile he attempted a forward flip, but only succeeded in falling to the ground. Once he stood up though he stretched out his arms in triumph, “Tada!”

“You’ve been a great jester, Frost, but now it’s time to sleep again,” Sonata said, snapping her fingers. Once Frost’s eyes blinked shut she continued, “You’ve been a great volunteer.”

“And you’ve been a great hypnotist Mistress Sonata,” Frost replied.

“Thanks,” Sonata said, smiling at the compliment, “But now it’s time to bring you out of hypnosis so when I snap my fingers you will wake up. 1…2…”

“Just a moment Sonata,” Fanta said, from down below.

“What is it Ms. Fanta?” Sonata asked.

“I have a few more things to say to Frost so if you would kindly tell him to start listening to my commands once more I would greatly appreciate it.”

“Of course,” Sonata said, nodding her head, “Frost, Ms. Fanta is going to give you some commands now. You will do as she asks understood?”

“Yes Mistress Sonata,” Frost replied.

“Very good,” Sonata said, as she stepped aside.

Fanta then approached Frost, “Frost you came here tonight to spend the night in the mansion so it is time for you to go back to doing that. You will go back to where you were going stay and fall into deep sleep. You will awaken in the morning and come out of hypnosis. You will believe all the experiences you had tonight and all your encounters with me and Sonata were all a series of wonderful dreams much like most fantasies are. Do you understand Frost?”

“Yes Ms. Fanta I understand. I will obey your instructions. Good night. And thank you for a wonderful evening,” Frost said, as he turned and walked out of the room.

“Good night Frost!” Sonata shouted, waving at him.

Frost wondered back up to the room he had chosen and promptly tore the loose piece of wall paper from the wall and tossed it to the ground. He then climbed into his sleeping bag and drifted off to sleep.


Daylight streaming through the windows signaled that it was time to wake up. Frost sat up and bed and moaned a few times before his eyes blinked open. The teal and blue spirals in them quickly faded away as Sonata’s hypnotic spell wore off.

Morning already? Ha I did it! Frost thought.

He quickly packed up his sleeping bag and made his way out of the mansion.

“Good morning! Did you sleep well?” a waiting Pinkie Pie asked him.

“Surprisingly yes,” Frost said, “Had quite a few weird dreams though. I dreamt I had a chanbara sword fight with a ninja. Then I dreamed I got a checkup from a nurse, which is weird because I usually hate going to the doctor but this was actually pleasant. Finally I dreamed I was a volunteer in a stage hypnotist show. That girl Sonata that went to school and then disappeared was the hypnotist, she looked kinda cute in her stage hypnotist outfit. She made me sing her a song and made me think I was a court jester.”

“Hmmm maybe your dreams were more real then you think,” Pinkie said, pulling the jester’s cap he was still wearing off his head.

“What the? Where’d that come from?” Frost said in confusion.

Pinkie plopped it back on his head.

“Come on let’s test your jester skills with some breakfast!” Pinkie said, as she pulled out some muffins and started tossing them at him.

“What? Whoa! Hey! Slow down Pinkie,” Frost said, as he caught the first few, but soon found himself running out of limbs to catch them with. Almost as if by instinct he started juggling them.

“Hey you’re getting into it now!” Pinkie shouted.

Is Pinkie right? Was it more then a dream? Frost thought. His momentary lapse in concentration in doing so though resulted in one of Pinkie’s muffins smacking him in the face.

“Ooops sorry,” Pinkie said, grinning sheepishly.

“Let’s just go home,” Frost said in annoyance.

Author's Note:

And behold the Fantasy Series becomes a trilogy. This one was actually written as a request by Star Vagrant http://starvagrant.deviantart.com/ Frost is actually his OC and he wanted him to have an encounter with Fanta so I was happy to obliged.
Stage Hypnotist Sonata returns too since I found her to be so much fun last time.

Hope you guys like it and please let me know your thoughts.

Comments ( 7 )

7114009


Uhhhh what? Huh?

Just want to say, glad to see the next installment of this series.
Next thing is what happened to Adagio and Aria?

Now I'm just wondering what will happen next and to who? Rarity being a Diva? Someone falling in love or being a slave?
Also will Fanta ever leave the house.

7114394

It's my reaction

On a serious note, though, this was actually quite nice and the hypnosis gave me a decently strong case of the warm fuzzies

well induction'd my friend

7114463


Oh right sorry for my confusion. Glad you enjoyed the inductions.

7114431

Glad you enjoyed the story. I've had a few ideas for what's next but not many have panned out sadly.

7114575 That's cool, but if you don't mind me asking. Will these stories ever get into a more adult setting? And we will hear what happen to the other two sirens right?

Login or register to comment