• Published 12th Jun 2012
  • 1,326 Views, 23 Comments

RainbowJack - StapleCactus



Pinkie gets the wrong idea about a conversation she overhears.

  • ...
2
 23
 1,326

Pinkie doesn't get it

The door to the library burst open, startling the purple librarian within. Pinkie ran in and started hopping circles around Twilight.

"I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!"

"Pinkie."

"You all thought I was wrong, but I was right!"

"Pinke!"

"Sure they didn't announce it at my party, but they were just shy!"

"PINKIE!"

"Yeah Twilight?"

"Who and what are you talking about?"

"Applejack and Rainbow Dash of course! They are totally together!"

The purple unicorn facehoof'd. "Pinkie, didn't you learn anything the last time?"

"I know they're together this time! The whole town is talking about it."

"And what, exactly, are they talking about?"

"AppleDash this and AppleDash that! I don't know how the town found out before me, but it's okay! I can still make a party for them!"

Twilight sighed. "Pinkie, I still don't see how this proves Applejack and Rainbow Dash are dating."

Pinkie grabbed Twilight's hoof and dragged her out of the library. When they got to the center of town, she pulled Twilight into a nearby bush with her.

"Pinkie-"

"Shh! Listen" Twilight perked her ears as she was told.

"Did you hear about AppleDash? They work so well together, I can't believe it."

"AppleDash? Well I'll be, about time."

"Those two are at it again. AppleDash is the hottest thing right now."

This convinced her. If the town is talking about it, it must have some truth to it. "Alright Pinkie, I believe you. I'm guessing you want to put together a party for them again?

"Yupperoni! You get the other girls Twilight; I'll meet you back at the library so we can get the party started!" Pinkie Pie ran off to do whatever she does to make parties.

Twilight sighed again. "Another party in the library... Ugh, better get the girls."

Twilight found Rarity and Fluttershy and told them what happened. They agreed be at the party and she went to find Applejack and Rainbow Dash. When she did, all she told them was to meet at the library for a little party. Then, she returned home.

While she was away, Pinkie had set up the place like every other time she made it the party locale. 'At least she has the decency to avoid damaging the books,' Twilight thought. Soon enough, the party was ready and guests arrived. She pulled Pinkie over then.

"Pinkie! I thought it was just us. The town already knows!"

"No they don't silly. They know AppleDash, not them together! I brought everypony so it really would be official!"

Twilight just groaned and headed towards the knock at the door. Applejack and Rainbow were there. Just like last time, the door was open, congratulations were had, and the two headed towards a stage. This time, it was just the landing at the top of the stairs.

"Ah really must that y'all for congratulating us. Ah didn't know we'd be so popular."

"Maybe for you, AJ, but I knew I'd be popular." Dash's confident attitude as as ever-present as always.

"Right, well, we just wanted to think y'all for enjoying our newest drink so much, AppleDash! A sweet apple energy drink!"

And just like that, Rarity and Fluttershy turned to Twilight and Pinkie with eyebrows raised. "Twinkie..." The timing between the two saying different names ended up making another portmanteau.

Comments ( 21 )

So this was a test to see if I could do quick-shot comedy... instead of my normal snarky comedy from earlier.

Does anyone else want to try a glass of AppleDash or RainbowJack? If the cover picture is anything to go by, I want some...

But what would they call their fusion?

http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink5637.html
closest thing I could think of, just replace the whiskey with Jack Daniels

733864

What, if they got together? Girlfriends, most likely. I haven't had any friends call themselves a portmanteau when they were in a relationship, so, being realistic, they wouldn't either...

733889

....And now I have a new drink to try. Thanks for that.

733891 No, I mean the whole fusion thing, like gogeta and vegito.

733903

What...but...why? Why would they ever want to fuse? My brain....ow...:facehoof:

733911 to create a super pony?

Well... I'm not a big fan of romances or portmanteaus there of so you'll have to find someone else to handle this. Sorry, wouldn't want to mess up your perception of your own story with my own twisted views.

In other news I thought this was story was a crossover with Samurai Jack, I'm a little disappointed.

733920

To do that, they need to fuse a fusion. Like some sort of... Twi-pi-shy-jack-dash-ity... Then they could just blast Friendship Cannons everywhere!

733928

I didn't watch enough of that show when I was a kid. Always missed the episodes... Anyway, this was just a play on it. I don't care too much for portmanteaus either. And I have no idea how to do romance, so I'm avoiding it like the plague.

733943

You now have my respect.

733935 no more than two to a fusion, otherwise it becomes unstable. there is a 4% chance of matter still existing in the universe after a six-way fusion.

733981

And thus, the universe ends. .... someone needs to make a story about the Adventures of Twipishy Jackdashity... She survives the end of the universe and creates it anew!

734001 Why don't you do it?

734144

Cause...I don't remember enough about DBZ to make it good. Also, it's silly...too silly, get Pinkie to do it...

734001 Hot Blooded Pinkie Pie does this every day before breakfast:yay:

734970

Haha, yes, can't forget about HB Pinkie Pie.

735001:rainbowhuh:wait, what if HB pinkie was in the...mix...of...ultramare.
oh celestia:pinkiegasp:, my brain refuses to contemplate that scenario:facehoof:

I would LOVE to have a drink like this exist :heart:

And that's who invented the Twinkie and came up with it's name xD

Login or register to comment