• Published 31st Jan 2016
  • 14,290 Views, 803 Comments

Peace Behind Me, War in Front of Me - Mr Dorito



On the other side of the ocean, lies a long forgotten land. Quietly, they watched the other lands, biding their time. When the time is right, they will reveal themselves. On one hand is an olive branch. On the other, is a sword.

Comments ( 41 )

the bismarck and the kriegsmarin

“In an alternate universe,” Darvishi said continuing to stare at the ring. “Perhaps I was the one killed in an airstrike.”

I could kiss you for this one, but that'd be sexual assault, and a breach of your personal bubble. So here's 5 mustaches instead!
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

10031747
That moment for me was a must. Just had to.

He and Monroe aren’t over though. You’ll be happy with what I have in store for them.

Belka did nothing wrong.

Great chapter! I really loved this Please keep this great piece of art going bud, also the bismarck and the kriegsmarin

10105493
Well the earlier chapters are pretty shite. I was still new to writing at that time.

Too lazy to go back and rewrite it and of course, I'm a college student. I only write when I have time.

For the GLORY of Humanity! Crush those who DARE have the gaul thinking their our betters!!!

10215772
Also old as shit and completely unprotected against IEDs. Easy pickings for RPGs so nah.

“Alert the med bay, pick up any survivors from the Pandora .” He said referring to the destroyer that was listing heavily to starboard and sinking. The Admiral then noticed the Manifest Destiny for some reason was sailing 12 degrees to starboard. “And we’re off course, put us in direction of Posui.”

Ah they have been Bismarcked

Hey, will you continue the story?

10239508
Yeah, I’m working on the next chapter but right now I have Finals. Afterwards, I’ll have more time.

I have re-read this story exactly 6 times

10384851
You so sure if that dude?

I love this. Any hope for an update or is it dead?

10408251
Not dead. Just busy with school and work.

Maaaan, I love this fic although when are we getting a new chapter?

10515525
Once I’ve updated Soldier of Three Armies, I’ll do this plus a RWBY fic on Fanfiction simultaneously.

How often is this story updated. Will follow if I see more activity.

10609672
I’m going to rewrite it

10609683
Alright. Then...

You got a like a follow and a mark.

10609683
Which chapters have been updated already?

10609697
It’s been months. I’m restarting from scratch but with the same characters and a heavily altered plot.

10609766
Alright. Can't wait to see the product!

well I never read fim books with the death or gore tags ill make an exception because I wanna see slavers get their asses kicked

Will this ever be updated?

10852055
No, I'm done writing in Fimfiction as it pains me. Working on another project over at Fanfiction concerning RWBY.

10958299
Is there a reason why (at least as of the point I've read up too) we haven't actually seen much slavery? Like the only thing that happens after ponyville is occupied are the civilians being put into internment camps. That's my biggest criticism. Also what was the original vision

10958630
That’s what I meant about “straying too far from my vision”. Got too caught up with pop culture references and showing off the Empire.

10958636
Showing off the empire is fine, it's neat to flesh things out I just figured that there wasn't really much in the way of humanity I guess. I guess it relies on somebody being familiar with modern western culture but still.

10958654
Yeah but I became focused on showing things off, the politics, but forgetting about why they were there in the first place.

Regardless, I didn’t like the story idea and realized that the whole premise could’ve been done better. Like giving Equestria and the Empire a USSR-USA relationship. Starting with something similar to the Russian Civil War with the foreign nations actively fighting against the founders of the present Empire, and then eventually a Cold War that heated up. None of the slave bs. Did so because I was into that “Your Human and You” genre when I first started.

Since this story is being "rewritten" should I just not bother reading it until then?:unsuresweetie:

11097534
Deadfic

I moved on to Fanfiction where I have a Star Wars fic and a RWBY fic with plans to also post them on AO3 and Wattpad.

How would this story have ended? What's your fanfiction.net account?

11097869
Well it would’ve ended up as a Human victory of course. It’s just a slow buildup to get there.

As for my fanfiction account

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/6236763/Ser-Dorito-of-Aisle-13

11421168
Let's talk logic.
I'll say that I didn't read the fic at all, but he comes up as "similar" to my work (for some reason), so I'll came to visit and before starting to read - I like to read comments.
Either way, the "bulletproof enchanted leather armor" sounds overpowered. If equestrians could create such armor that cover 75-80% of their body - they can become an unstoppable army. I would like to assume, that ponies don't understand physics or author ignored it. To make something bulletproof - you need high density material. Even then - the force of a hit should make their bodies experience if not straight up pain, but at least discomfort. That in turn means - things like arrows and bolts are useless, as well as swords, axes sabers... The only thing that could potentially damage the weilder of said armor is rapier or estoc, mace, warhammer or a knife. In conclusion - the author made ponies so much overpovered, that it's just hysterical.

MORE PLS 🥺

plz make more chapters. this is the best thing i have ever seen, surpassing my hate for Anthro Equestria so much that I'm tracking it rn to see when a new one comes out

Login or register to comment