• Published 14th Dec 2015
  • 708 Views, 10 Comments

Voices In My Head (Cupcakes Closure) - Perry Pinkie Potter



(Alternate ending to Cupcakes) Why would Pinkie Pie do these things? Be so cruel?

  • ...
11
 10
 708

Chapter Seven: Pinkamena Will Not Give Up

The nurses looked at me worriedly. "It didn't work?" One asked me sadly.

"But you didn't call us in quicker? Why not?" The other contradicted.

My eyebrows furrowed as i racked through my brains. "I- I dunno… it worked, and then it didn't. It was like it wore off." I stuttered.

The nursers began talking amongst themselves, but I wasn't really listening. I occasionally caught snippets like "impossible" or "tragic" and even "I can't believe it!". I rolled my eyes, and I began to focus less and less. My mind was working overtime, and considering I hadn't slept in so long, it was quite a task.
Unfortunately, it was late at night when Dr. Silver Saddles came in, and there wouldn't be time to do anything. It would have to wait until morning. Of course. I sighed, and started the trek back home.

"Ahh!" I looked up. I hadn't been looking where I was going, and appeared to have bumped into Twilight Sparkle.

"Sorry, Spunk Light!" She said, as we shook ourselves.

I raised my eyebrows. "I'm the one who bumped into you. It's fine."

She grinned. "Any news on Pinkie?" She asked quietly. As far as the other ponies knew, she was with her parents.

I hesitated. "Well, she WAS awake and fine, and now I don't even know!" I told her the whole story.

"Oh no!" She said sympatheticly. "I don't know HOW you're doing this."

"I'm fine!" I shrugged it off.

Twilight looked at me "You look terrible! Have you gotten any sleep?"

I looked at her. "What do you think? But I'm okay. Really."

She shook her head. "Come back to the library. I think I've got something to help!"

"Is it more of your magic?" I asked her.

She smiled. "You won't know unless you come on! Trust me!" She held out her hoof.

The last time I trusted a friend, it didn't end well. I looked at that hoof. But I'm not one to hold grudges. I took it. And we trotted off.
Once we had arrived, Twilight fetched something and hands it to me.

"A pill?" I asked quizzically.

She smiled at me. "It'll give you eight hours of dreamless, peaceful sleep!"

I shook my head. "Thanks, but you should use it. I doubt your sleeping well, either."

"I'm fine. You need it more. Trust me. I can tell." She insisted.

I nodded. "Thanks, Twilight."

She shrugged. "No problem."

I looked at her meaningfully. "No really. Thank you."

"No pr-". Twilight closed her mouth. She looked at me, and we shared a thought about Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and everything else that had been going on. She hugged me. I didn't hugged often, besides June. Since my parents died, I had been a little… reserved. But I could tell she wasn't being weird, she was being a friend. Awkwardly but sincerely, I hugged her back.
I trotted off, and after a while reached home. I got in bed and took the pill. It looked more like a candy, with a wrapper that read ⓒⓐⓝⓣⓔⓡⓛⓞⓣ ⓗⓞⓢⓟⓘⓣⓐⓛ. Well, if it was used in Canterlot, I supposed I could trust it. I popped it into my mouth.
Twilight was right. The sleep was dreamless, which I tried to enjoy, because that wouldn't be common for a long time, I could tell. I got a full eight hours, and I woke up when it weared off. I was still drowsy, and had to focus really hard to look at the clock. It was still 5:30, and since I was still tired, I figured I could squeeze in more rest.
Of course, I had dreams this time. Horrible nightmares, depicting disembodiment, disembowelment, drugs, and dissection. There was more, but who wants to hear all that? The point is, I woke up around 8:00 in the morning. I jumped up and hurried to get dressed and ready (swearing while I did it, unfortunately) . I trotted to the hospital, making a pit stop at the bakery to pick up a few special things. (All the nightmares had gotten me thinking about those who knew. I had bought cookies for everypony that I would deliver. I almost got cupcakes, but I had a feeing it might change what I was trying to accomplish.) I signed in for my appointment and handed out a few to ponies until I was called.

"So?" I asked breathlessly.

"We were able to confirm that part of the parasite was left. What we couldn't tell was whether this was just a derp on our part, or if she'll need regular treatment. Obviously, I'm hoping for the former."

I nodded. I couldn't imagine living a normal life if you need to be put under every two hours.

Dr. Silver Saddles cleared his throat to get my attention.

"Sorry." I blushed, but he just ignored it, as if it were routine.

"Would you like to do the same as last time, Mrs. Light?"

I bit my lip, and after a minute, I said "yes".

He nodded and prepared things. I waited.

This time, Pinkie Pie seemed to remember everything. I offered her a cookie as I gently sat down on the edge of her hospital bed.

"I don't understand, Spunk Light." She asked confusedly. "I remember us hugging, and then the rest is a blur until now."

I frowned. "We had to put you under again."

Pinkie shook her head, making the curls on her hair bounce. "I could tell that. But… why?" She asked.

I closed my eyes tightly. "You turned back." I said.

She banged her head. "I knew it! Ugh! I'm never gonna be free of that STUPID PINKAMENA!" She growled in frustration. She cried silently.
I tried to think of what to do. I grinned. "I know what might cheer you up! I'll be back soon, I promise!" A nurse stepped into the room to watch her, as I hurried out the door.

I panted as I knocked on the library door. Twilight greeted me, and I wasted no time.

"Are you scared of Pinkie Pie, Twi?" I asked.

She shook her head vigorously. "Of course not! It's that parasite, not her! I'd give anything to see the real Pinkie again."

For the first time in forever, I smiled sincerely and widely. They agreed to meet me at the hospital in 5 minutes.

Sweet Apple Acres and Carousel Boutique got the same treatment, and I was pleasantly surprised to hear them all agree, their fear disappearing when they heard they could visit.
I volunteered to stay with Rainbow Dash while Fluttershy visited with the others, but Rainbow insisted we go while she stayed. I was hesitant, but I agreed she could handle herself.
The Cakes didn't even take a minute to consider, immediately saying yes to a visit with there as-good-as-daughter.
So, five minutes later, I knocked on Pinkie's door. She looked concerned when I came in.

"Were you okay? I got worried!" Pinkie asked anxiously.

I grinned mischievously. "I'm fine. I just had to pick up a few things!" I giggled as I opened the door to admit in Twilight, Spike, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Mrs. Cake, Mr. Cake, Pound Cake, and Pumpkin Cake. Even Gummy had joined the greeting party.
The effect was immediate and one of the most pleasant things I had ever seen. Words can never be invented to describe the joy on Pinkie Pie's face at the sight of her friends rallied around her. Not afraid of the mare who was afraid of herself.
Then, however, she flipped out.
"Spunk Light! Are you CRAZY? They can't be near me!" She yelped nervously.
I brushed it aside. "We've still got an hour, like last time." I smiled confidently.
Pinkie looked hesitant. "Well, I guess I AM strapped down..."
We all smiled. And she smiled too.
"I tried to get as many ponies as I could, Pinkie." I said.
"RAINBOW DASH?" Pinkie exclaimed.
"Um, no. She-". But Pinkie was right. I turned around, and right behind me was-
"Rainbow Dash! You're here? I thought you weren't coming!" I raised my eyebrows.
"Well, if it's some parasite, and it's gone, then I see no reason not to visit one of my best friends!" Rainbow smiled.
Pinkie looked relieved. "Rainbow Dash! You're alright! Thank goodness! Oh, you must be furious with me! I'm SO sorry, I don't know what happened. I just..."
Rainbow smiled nervously. "It's okay."
Pinkie looked at Dash. "Really?"
Rainbow thought to herself. "Surprisingly, yeah!" She stepped out of the doorway and into the room.
Pinkie saw half her body and smiled. "You got your cutie mark back? That's great!" Then she saw the other half.
Her face fell as the moment hit her. Hard. "Your- your wings... They're... Not there..." She stuttered out, crestfallen. "They're putting them back on, right?" She asked, hoping for the answer she knew was wrong. We shook our heads.
What happened next was so rapid that none of us had time to react.
Pop! Pinkie's hair rested on her shoulder, completely and totally flat.
Rainbow Dash stepped towards us nervously. I remembered Pinkie's hair had been straight in the basement. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.
Pinkie looked up, tears in her eyes. "I'm- I'm so sorry, Dashie!"
The last word hit with full impact. Dashie. The nickname from the room below Sugar Cube Corner.
Dash freaked out. "I'M SORRY! I CAN'T!" Rainbow Dash leaped out the door, running as fast as she could.
They looked at Pinkie Pie awkwardly, then chased after Dash, leaving just me and Pinkie Pie.
She shook her head, tears rolling down her eyes. Then, she looked up, with an evil glint.
I yelled for a nurse, and she was down.
With so many thoughts, only one registered at first. That was less time then last time she was awake.
Afterwards, however, a stream of thoughts hit me. I rushed out the door. Rainbow Dash. Her first!
I ran into Dr. Silver Saddles. "I heard we had problems again. Would you like for us to treat and wake her?"
I thought a moment. "No. Our time is limited. We can't afford to waste it. Just seclude her."
I ran out to make sure Rainbow Dash was okay without another word.

Author's Note:

THE HUG FROM TWILIGHT WAS FRIENDS AND NOTHING MORE! SPUNK LIGHT HAS NO LOVE INTEREST IN THIS STORY! THERE IS NO SHIPPING! THANK YOU! Wow! A long chapter title! That's new! This story takes place in the middle of season 4, so still the library instead of castle! It just feels like that classic fanfiction mode! So, no, not a plot hole. Ha!