• Published 14th Dec 2015
  • 710 Views, 10 Comments

Voices In My Head (Cupcakes Closure) - Perry Pinkie Potter



(Alternate ending to Cupcakes) Why would Pinkie Pie do these things? Be so cruel?

  • ...
11
 10
 710

Chapter Five: Rounds

I trotted off, ready to go on my 'rounds', as I called them.

My first stop was Sweet Apple Acres. My little sister, June Night had been at a Cutie Mark Crusaders sleepover when everything had happened, and I had asked Applejack if she minded watching June a little while longer. I was paying her, of course, but I wanted to make sure June was behaving herself.

Knock knock. Applebloom opened the door. "Howdy, Spunk Light! JUNE! SPUNK LIGHT'S HERE TO SEE YA! She'll be here in a minute." Applebloom smiled.

"How are you, Applebloom?" I asked.

"Pretty good! It's been a blast having June over! Thanks for letting her come! Though I still don't know why…"

I smiled nervously. Obviously, neither filly knew the real reason why they were staying together. You'd have to be insane to tell a child about Pinkie's basement. So I grinned playfully. "Why do you need a reason to have fun with friends?"

June came over and I hugged her. "Hey, Swina Bu! Having a good time?"-

She smiled. "The best!" She looked at me concerned. "You look awful, Spunkle! Have you even slept?"

I shook my head. "Just pulling some late nights at work, Juney. Don't worry!"

June shrugged. "If you're sure!"

The two foals ran off to play and Applejack came to the door.

"Is June being good?" I asked as I watched them run.

"She's fine." Applejack said. "The two have been having a ball together."

I nodded. "In sorry about all this. I should be done in a day or two."

"It's really not a problem. It's good to have Applebloom occupied too. Killing two birds with one stone." She reassured me.

I sighed. "More like killing two ponies with one. I'll be so glad when all this is over."

"Any idea what your doing with her yet?"

"Being treated as we speak."

"So you think she'll be alright?"

"I think so."

"That's good."

I reached into my saddle bag and got 25 bits. "Here." I said, passing them to her.

Applejack shook her head. "I told you you don't have to pay me."

"And I told YOU I wouldn't feel right if I didn't. I've gotta go."

I waved to Applebloom and squeezed June. "Bye girls!"

My next stop consisted of Fluttershy's cottage. I was told that Rainbow Dash was rotating between houses, and right now it was Fluttershy's turn.

I finally got there and was greeted by Fluttershy.

"Hey, Fluttershy! How's it going?"

She smiled at me. "I'm okay. Is Rainbow here?"

She nodded. "I'll get her for you. Hold on just one minute." She flew off.

While I was waiting, Angel gave me a look and stuck out his middle finger.

I stuck tongue out at him. "Shut it, Angel. You're no prize to be won yourself, you know!" Stupid bunny. For some reason, the moment he meet me he despised me. Luckily, the feeling was mutual.

The atmosphere was really tense, so let's just say I was happy when Fluttershy walked down the stairs with Rainbow Dash.

"Hey, Dash! Glad to see your on your feet! How are you doing?"

Rainbow smiled, which was definitely a good sign! "Better." She said.

"I'm glad." And I was.

"Any news on… Pinkie?" Rainbow Dash seemed to be trying to choke out Pinkie's name. Still a tender subject. I noted this.

"She has some sort of thing in her brain, infesting her thoughts and causing her to hallucinate. It's being treated now." I explained.

Rainbow Dash nodded. "Gr-great." She whispered.

I lifted her chin and smiled. "She's got a restraining order against you. Don't worry. She won't be coming near ANYPONY for a while. Especially you."

This seemed to cheer Dash up a little bit.

"Be sure to keep us updated!" Fluttershy said.

I smiled at her. "I will. Gotta go! Bye girls!" I ran off.

My final place was the Cakes. I apologized, and updated them on everything so far. I was going to talk to them a bit more, when a pony fetched me.

"Mrs. Light? Dr. Silver Saddle wanted me to inform you the operation is finished."

I nodded and turned to the Cakes. "Hooves crossed!" I smiled nervously. They nodded and waved goodbye.

I ran to the hospital ready to find out how it had gone.

Author's Note:

Swina Bu is what my older sister used to call me, therefore it was the first to come to mind with sister nicknames. :raritywink: sisters :unsuresweetie: