• Published 14th Dec 2015
  • 709 Views, 10 Comments

Voices In My Head (Cupcakes Closure) - Perry Pinkie Potter



(Alternate ending to Cupcakes) Why would Pinkie Pie do these things? Be so cruel?

  • ...
11
 10
 709

Chapter Ten: Waiting

Author's Note:

Please note that this chapter is not important to the overarching theme and story of Voices In My Head. I needed a break, and was eager to expand on June and Spunk Light as sisters. So if you wish to skip this, you won't miss anything. That said, enjoy the ponies.

Was the ending sweet enough?

Also,
Writers block knows no mercy. :twilightangry2:

Until the princesses came, I had to wait. Which I reasoned DID mean I could take a break.
And there wasn't even the slightest doubt or hesitation about what I wanted to do first.

"Hello? Oh. Hey Spunk Light." Applebloom greeted me.

"Hey, Applebloom. Can I talk to Applejack a minute?"

She nodded. "Sure thing, I'll go get her."

I breathed. At least I would be able to look after my sister. I didn't know if rumors had reached the fillies yet, but Applebloom seemed fine, so I was hopeful. June would undoubtedly find out, but I'd prefer to explain it to her.
Applejack invited me to sit down. "I heard about what happened. So, your just waiting. I'm guessing you want June back."

I nodded. "Have the fillies found out yet?" I asked her anxiously.

"No." Applejack said. "I planned on telling Applebloom tonight. But I figured you might like to tell June yourself."

I was thankful she had, she was completely right. Applejack got up to get her, and returned shortly.

"Hey June! Ready to go home?" I smiled.

"Yeah! Bye Applebloom! I had tons of fun with you! Thanks for letting me come, Applejack!"

"No problem. Take care, you two." Applejack smiled.

Applebloom followed us all the way to the outskirts of Sweet Apple Acres, then waved until we were out of sight. I'm glad June and Applebloom could have fun together. However, my 'fun' was far from over. June needed to know, and she needed to hear it from me. Mom was gone, and I had to protect her. But how do I tell her... That?

Well, no point waiting. "Hey, Swina Bu. Have you heard any weird rumors lately?"

"No. Why? Does it have to do with me being at Applebloom's? Was it one of your cases again?"

After what happened with Cloudy Wish, I found out nopony had this job. So I took it on as my own. Of course, now with June as my responsibly, I've got a few jobs to juggle with. But when June is sent to a friend's for a day or two, she knows by now what it means. But it's never been a pony she was friends with. And it was never a pony who harmed anypony besides herself. This would be interesting.

"You got it, June. Another case. Though this one isn't done yet..."

June Night looked excited. She wanted to do what I did, but I didn't like it. The work was dangerous. However, if she truly had her heart set on this, I'd be glad to teach her all I knew.

"Ooh! Hard case! Tell me about it!" She begged eagerly.

"I will at dinner, okay? It's a bit harder than usual." I told her hesitantly.

She noticed something was wrong, but she didn't press. I was glad. I needed to plan.

I cooked Ravioli, June's favorite, our tradition for when we both came home. As she was eating, I waited for her to bring it up. And it didn't take her long.

"So? Are you gonna tell me? Who's this pony that's super hard? I want to know!"

I sighed. Time to plunge in. I waited for her to finish, then sat with her in the living room. She cuddled up close to me on the couch, ready to listen. And I hated myself for having to tell the most vulnerable and innocent pony I knew what she was about to hear.

"Okay, I'm gonna tell you June, but first. Know three things. One: This might scare you. But you have to know, the right way. Two: The pony in question is somepony you know. But she's getting better. And three: no matter what, I'll protect you. All the villains in Equestria together couldn't harm you. I swear on it. No matter what. Are you ready?"

She nodded. The last one was standard warning for all my stories, but it was usually the only one. And it was never this emphasized. But she had to know. I had to keep it in mind.

"This is going to be hard, and I know you'll have questions, but wait until I'm done if you can. I'm just going to go right into it, okay? The pony is Pinkie Pie."

I winced at her shock. She hadn't seen anything yet.

"Pinkie has a parasite. The things she's done are NOT Pinkie Pie. There what she calls 'Pinkamena' . But this Pinkamena has done some terrible things."

Revisiting my story was hard and made me want to puke, but my darkest moment was the only thing I had left, the pony to protect at all costs. And her reaction to the true motives of the alternate ego to Ponyville's best party pony. Seeing her face, her hushed gasp, tore me apart.
But I had to stay strong. I hugged her and reassured her a minute, then continued. I overlooked the gore, but no important details could be left out.

She was tearing up. " Rainbow Dash? Is she-?"

"No." I responded immediately, desperate to save her some pain. "Her wings are gone, but otherwise she's fine. No other permanent damage."

She breathed shallowly. "What happened to Pinkie!" She asked me, afraid of the answer.

And so I told her. The next little bit was a blur, crying heavily involved.

I tucked her into bed, and just as I was about to leave, I looked into those big brown eyes.

"Do you need to sleep with me tonight, Swina Bu?"

She tucked herself comfortably into bed with me, 20 stuffed animals keeping us apart. She did, however, reach out a hoof. I grabbed it.

"You promise you'll protect me?"

"I swear on it. I love you."

"I love you too."

And as she snuggled up against a pony toy, still grabbing my hoof. And I took a small comfort.

In knowing that with whatever happened, I still had one silent night to enjoy with June Night.

And,
Miraculously,
I fell asleep.

And so did June.