• Published 14th Dec 2015
  • 708 Views, 10 Comments

Voices In My Head (Cupcakes Closure) - Perry Pinkie Potter



(Alternate ending to Cupcakes) Why would Pinkie Pie do these things? Be so cruel?

  • ...
11
 10
 708

Chapter Two: Dash and Celestia

"Gosh, I hope she's okay…". I said nervously. I was pacing back and forth outside the room of Rainbow Dash. "If she isn't, it's my fault. I should have come in earlier, trusted my senses! But I wouldn't let myself believe… that she…". I sat down, then stood up again. I wasn't comfortable just sitting there.

"It's not your fault." Twilight said.

Spike nodded. "At least you got there at all!"

Rarity smiled at me. "There wouldn't even be a sliver of hope if it weren't for you!"

I buried my face in my hands. Fluttershy flew over. "We're grateful you came when you did."

I smiled at them, but I turned away. If there's one thing I can't stand, it's surviving when someone else didn't. And knowing I could have saved them. Suddenly, a nurse walked out.

"Visitors for Mrs. Dash?" She asked.

Applejack jumped up. "Is she alright?" She asked.

The nurse smiled. "She's fine."

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. Then, they trotted in. I smiled at them.

Twilight looked at me expectantly. "Aren't you coming?" She asked.

I shook my head. "You all are Dash's closest to family. It should be you first. Besides, I don't want to overwhelm her." I replied.

Twilight walked up to me and held my hoof. "Don't be silly, Rainbow Dash probably wants to thank you!"

I sighed and walked into the room with them

For the most part, Dash looked pretty good. Her Cutie Mark was back on, all nails removed. I could tell they had tried reattaching her wings, but not succeeded. At the moment she was half asleep, trying to wake up. She opened her eyes.

We smiled.

"Hey guys," Dash said. " 'Sup?" She said, trying to smile or lighten the mood. She examined our faces, happy but worried. "What's wrong?" She asked.

I stared at Twilight, questioning. Twilight shrugged.

Rarity stepped up. "You don't remember?" She timidly asked.

"Remember what?" Dash replied. "Hey, why am I in the hospital? I need to stretch my wings, I can barely feel them!" She smiled. She looked down at her wings, or at least she thought she did. But she didn't. Horror dawned on her as she seemed to remember what had happened. She puked.

Then she nearly jumped out of her bed. She looked at me. "Pinkie! The cupcake you gave her! It wares off! Where is she!" She was freaking out, and I could definitely understand why.

"It's fine, Rainbow. She under anesthetics. She's not waking up unless we want her to." I reassured her.

Rainbow Dash seemed to relax a bit, but she was still tense.

Another nurse walked in. "Um, Spunk Light? Princess Celestia wants to see you."

I nodded, and she walked out. "Sorry, everypony. This might be important. Get well soon, Rainbow!" I smiled.

Rainbow nodded. "Thank you!"

I saluted, my favorite way to say 'no problem'. Then I walked out.

Princess Celestia was waiting for me. "Hello, Spunk Light. You sent us a message, correct?"

I nodded, out of breath. "Yeah, but I was expecting a guard, not you yourself, Princess!"

I had sent the scroll directly to Celestia, rather than Luna. I loved Luna, she was amazing, but some gut feeling told me to get Celestia instead. And the last time I didn't trust my senses, I was almost too late.

"Follow me, Princess." I said, walking to Sugar Cube Corner.

We arrived and were just outside the basement door.

"You're not bothered by gore, are you?" I asked.

Princess Celestia shook her head. "No, but I'm not it's biggest fan." She replied.

"Well," I said grimly, "then you won't be a fan of this either." I opened the door.

Celestia's reaction was about the same as mine. I could tell that she was trying to maintain her posture.

I looked at her. "No offense, Princess Celestia, but we are standing in a secret basement full of dead bodies, decaying, baked into cupcakes, with the all around smell of blood and urine. NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT TIME TO ACT LIKE ROYALTY!"

Celestia nodded. And quietly vomited in the corner. I felt my stomach churning as I desended the stairs.

I had hoped I'd never have to go in here again, but if it helped, I would do just about anything.

"I can't believe anyone would do this!" I said to Princess Celestia, who seemed to be done for now.

"Anyone?" She asked. I've been spending WAY too much time with Lyra.

"Never mind." I replied. "Not important."

"Is that actual skin?" Celestia asked. I trotted over to what she was looking at.

That foul garment she has worn. "Well, considering no place in Equestria has faux pony fur, I'm going to assume yes." I said frankly. There wasn't time to freak out. Celestia walked to a table of cupcakes.

"Don't eat those!" I yelled to Celestia, hurrying to stop her.

"Relax." Celestia said. "I lost my appetite the minute I walked in here. But why are they in two piles?"

I pribed at them carefully. "One's drugged, and one's the ones made down here. Out of pony meat."

It was lucky I grabbed a cupcake from the pile I did. Otherwise, Pinkie would have just ate the cupcake and speared me right through!

"One thing I don't understand…where in Equestria did Pinkie get this much money? No way a bakers salary pays this much!" I exclaimed, looking at the equipment. "Or a party planner's."

Celestia shook her head. "I'd better clean this up." She said.

I nodded. "I'll help."

Author's Note:

It was almost Luna, but I think Celestia doesn't get enough love.