• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 32,860 Views, 2,555 Comments

It's A Screwed Up Life - Autum Breeze



Life can become very confusing when you go from working in a factory to waking up as a pony with Choas Magic. Wait. Did I say confusing? I meant FUN!

  • ...
116
 2,555
 32,860

PreviousChapters Next
All I wanted was a Nice, Quiet, Fun Week of Camp. Is that Really so much to ask?

All I wanted was a Nice, Quiet, Fun Week of Camp. Is that Really so much to ask?

___________________________________________________________

“STOP!”

I’m yanked from my conversation with Vinyl by Sci Twi screaming and look over to see her looking flustered, but seeming to calm down as Sunset, Spike and Pinkie each talk to her, before the rest of the gang join in.

Before I can return to my talk with Vinyl, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna get everyone’s attention and talk for a bit about Camp Everfree and how they used to go their when they were our ages.

After they finish, a song breaks out about Everfree and I find myself singing along… until I get a weird twitch in my magical senses.

I blink, shaking my head, frowning. Huh? What was…? That’s different. What was that?

I’m so distracted, I get startled when the bus yanks to a stop. We’d reached Everfree already?

“Isn’t Camp Everfree just beautiful?” Fluttershy’s asking as I disembark from the bus. “I can’t wait until we have our first nature walk.”

“I definitely wanna go on one of those,” Spike chirps eagerly.

Fluttershy leans, down, smiling at him. “You wanna see all the adorable woodland creatures, too?”

Spike nods, grinning. “Yeah! Specifically squirrels. More specifically, so I can chase ’em!” he finishes with a happy bark and jumping.

“I’m just lookin’ forward to roughin’ it,” Applejack says, a rucksack way bigger than needed over her shoulder. “I’m gonna make my own shelter, forage for food...”

“Uh, you know they provide us with food and tents, right?” Rainbow and I say in unison, before looking at each other and laughing.

AJ just nods. “Yup! Still gonna forage though.”

I roll my eyes as I fold my arms. If both AJs ever meet, they’ll get along just fine.

Rarity sighs, leaning on her ridiculous amount of luggage. “I’m just after some R&R. The past year has all been a bit too much for my tastes.”

Pinkie nods in agreement. “I’ll say! We fought three evil sirens who tried to hypnotize everybody with their singing, one ridiculously competitive rival school, and two demon friends!”

I give Pinkie a firm look and indicate to Sunset and Sci Twi, who are literally right there, dingus.

Pinkie grins sheepishly and waves a hand. “Uh, heh-heh, no offense.”

Sunset rolls her eyes. “None taken.” She then gives Sci Twi a light playful punch on the shoulder. “You’ll get used to it.”

Applejack sighs. “Yep. Canterlot High has become a regular magic magnet. Not at all helped by a certain someone,” she looks pointedly at me and I whistle innocently. “Gonna be nice gettin’ away to a place where we don’t have to worry about that kinda stuff.” She gives me another pointed look.

I hold up my hands. “Okay. Okay. I get it. No magic to interfere with anything you’re doing. I got it. Sheesh.”

As she turns away, I frown though, thinking. I dunno. I definitely sensed something as we were traveling, so even if I hold back on it, there’s no guarantee magic isn’t somehow going to factor into this trip. Then again, it could’ve just been to do with Sci Twi since her magic is still yet to fully manifest like the rest of the Humane 7.

“Here you go, Twilight.”

I blink, pulled from my thoughts and look to see Flash with Sunset and Sci Twi, him offering her her bag.

She takes it, nodding. “Thanks. It’s... Flash, right?”

Flash smiles. “Yup, that’s me! And you’re” his smile falls and his expression becomes dejected “you. And we don’t know each other very well.” He turns away, muttering, “Cool story, bro.”

Ouch. Whoops. Knew I was forgetting something. Flash only just realized how awkward this is due to Sci Twi not being the Twilight he has a thing for.

Youch. That’s gotta hurt.

A screeching sound makes me and several others nearby put our hands over our ears, before a woman’s voice come over the P.A. system.

“Hey, everyone! If you could start heading to the courtyard, that would be rad! It’s time to start the best week of camp ever!”

I just deadpan. Really? Rad? Seriously? What, are we back in the early 2000s with adults who haven’t realized the 80s and 90s are over?

We all make our way over to the area in front of a wooden building, where two… normal skinned people are standing in front of it?

What the…? Since when do people in this world have real world skin colours?

“Hi, everyone!” the woman says into the microphone she’s holding. “Welcome to Camp Everfree! I’m Gloriosa Daisy, your camp director! Think of me as your friendly camp and nature guide. And this is my brother, Timber Spruce!”

Timber Spruce takes the mic from her. “Think of me as that awesome guy...” he flips the mic over his shoulder, catching it in his other hand, clearly trying to look cool, “who should always be invited to fun things.

Gloriosa takes the mic back and looks out at us all. “We aim to please, so before we hand out our tent assignments, we’d like to hear from all of you. You’re free to do whatever you like here.”

Timber suddenly gets an uncertain look and leans towards the mic. “Uh, except hike near the rock quarry. That’s off-limits.”

Gloriosa seems a little flustered and nods. “Y-Yes, but otherwise, your options are wide open. So what activities will make this the very best week of your lives ever?”

I frown, rubbing my chin. Hmm. Normally, I would respect adults who aren’t Spoiled or Cinch saying somewhere is off limits and abide by that… but tones indicate they’re clearly hiding something.

I shrug. Eh. I’m probably thinking too deeply into this. Back in the real world, a lot of camps I went to had certain odd areas off limits either due to construction or because there was a surprise being prepared there for the campers.

“I’ll be taking requests the rest of the time you’re here,” Gloriosa’s voice brings me back to the present, “so if there’s anything you’d like to do, anything you need, just ask.”

Principal Celestia holds up a hand. “What about the camp gift? That was my favorite Camp Everfree tradition.”

Hmm?

Gloriosa smiles… though I can’t help thinking it looks a tiny bit forced. “The camp gift! Of course!”

Timber frowns, leaning in and whispers not too quietly, “Really?”

Gloriosa looks back with her own frown, whispering, “Yes, really.”

“Well, I just thought—” Timber begins.

“Then you thought wrong!” his sister cuts him off firmly.

“Anyone else picking up on a little tension between Gloriosa and her brother?” Sunset murmurs to me, Pinkie and Sci Twi.

“Ehhh…” the three of us mumble.

“A little,” Pinkie admits.

Gloriosa then explains that every year, campers work together to create something useful. A gift for future campers. Working toward this common goal being seen as key to forming the strong bonds that will last well beyond our time here at camp!

She then whispered in a hushed growl to Timber, “Which is why it’s so important.” She then points around us. “This gazebo was a gift from last year’s group. Oh, oh, oh, and the totem pole and the sundial were also made by campers!”

Principal Celestia smiles. “The sundial was our year’s gift!”

Vice Principal Luna coughs. “Even though some people thought it was a little impractical, since the sundial can’t be used at night.”

I blink. Wow. Talk about a burn, but… is this a hint at the parallel between them and their Princess counterparts and the whole thing that led up to the Nightmare Moon thing?

We move off to be given our tent assignments and I end up in the Garnet tent with Octavia.

We both meet up and start chatting, though I find myself more calming her down and stopping from pouting due to not getting to share her tent with Vinyl and that that honour goes to Fluttershy, then anything else.

As we finish, I notice Sci Twi’s blush as Timber leaves her and, doing a quick scan while the others smirk, get a smirk of my own. Well, looks like a new ship has been forged.

Suddenly I notice something I hadn’t before, the sound of a car engine. Looking around, I notice a hummer coming up the road and stopping on the grass.

I shrug it off though as Gloriosa blows a whistle to get our attention again. “Okay, everyone, go get settled in. We’ll be meeting at the docks in fifteen minutes to go over some camp safety rules. Let me know if you need anything!”

“I need somethin’.”

At once any joy in my mood is drained, replaced with disgust as I turn to see someone I would much rather never see in this world again stepping out of the hummer and walking towards us.

Gloriosa quickly hurries forward, grabbing his arm to stop him. “Filthy Rich! So nice to see you.” She then whispers, “What are you doing here?! Camp is just getting started!”

Filthy merely smirks. “Just takin’ in the scenery, Gloriosa Daisy. It’s so...” he leans right up to her face “hmm... relaxin’.”

Gloriosa just glares back at him almost as coldly as the look I’m directing at him. “Well, you can look around when camp is over. Now, if you don’t mind...”

There’s silence for a moment, before he huffs, “Fine.”

He gets into his vehicle and it drives off.

Gloriosa notices us all looking and smiles uncertainly. “Filthy Rich is, uh, an alumni of the camp. He likes to check on his old stomping grounds every now and again. But enough about him. Find your tents and put away your things. We’ve got the best week of camp ever to begin!”

I turn, my eyes on the hummer as it drives off.

“Catch you at the tent in a bit, Octavia,” I say, prepping a snap. “Just got something to take care of.”

The grey girl looks from me to the road, before her expression firms and she nods. “Yeah. I understand.”

I snap my fingers and blink out of existence.

___________________________________________________________

Filthy Rich huffed as his car drove off down the road.

Gloriosa really had some nerve. Sure, she still had a little over a week, but he was the owner of the land now. That demanded some respect.

Respect he should’ve always gotten from that whore of an ex-wife of his and that blasted brat. How dare they do this to him?

He smirked. Still, there was no way Gloriosa would be able to get the money to pay the bills and get her family’s land back. And once this week was over, he’d be able to tear down that worthless campsite and put up something much more useful and profitable.

He’d rebuild his empire. He’d become the top dog again and then his ex-wife and daughter would realize the mistake they made and come crawling back to him.

“Watch it, Filthy. You’re namesake’s showing.”

He yelped, seeing a girl was now just sitting in the seat in front of him where she hadn’t been a moment ago.

He blinked, before his eyes widened in horror upon recognizing the face, before he snarled. “You!”

The girl looked back at him with a cold expression. “Yeah. Me. I’m with the rest of the group here for a week at Everfree. And I don’t care what exactly is going on between you and Gloriosa,” she leaned forward, her eyes narrowed and her voice sharp as a sword, “but you mess with my friends’ time here and I will fuck you up in ways you can’t even begin to imagine.” She cocked an eyebrow. “Understand?”

She snapped her fingers and was suddenly gone.

Filthy looked around several times, before sighing with relief, then scowling.

Shit. That crazy ass bitch was at the camp too? This complicated matters. He’d have to be far more careful to ensure this was the last camp Everfree ever hosted.

___________________________________________________________

I arrive back at the tent to find Octavia eyeing my stuff wearily. Following her gaze, all my stuff is settling itself down where it needs to go.

I look back to her with a raised eyebrow. “My disappearing with a snap of my fingers right in front of you doesn’t faze you at all, but seeing my stuff moving on its own does?”

She looks to me, before blushing and rubs the back of her neck. “With you not actually here at the time, it was a little hard to remember.”

I roll my eyes smiling. I open my mouth to say something, when I sense multiple levitation spells all at the same time.

I whip my head in the direction and realize it’s the sapphire tent, Sunset and Sci Twi’s tent!

Without saying anything, I teleport in just as Sci Twi is running out and a large number of items drop down, hitting the floor.

“What just happened?” I look to Sunset and Spike. “I just sensed multiple levitation spells in here. And, aside from myself, no one in this world should be able to use levitation spells at all.”

Sunset scratches her head. “I don’t understand it, but Twilight was doing it. She didn’t even try, it just happened.” She then looks down at a tub of sunscreen that’s sitting at her feet and… I think she’s trying to levitate it?

She tries for about half a minute, before Spike says, “I think you’re just gonna have to pick it up.”

Sunset pouts. “Awww.”

Yeah, I can see where she’s coming from. Sunset was herself able to levitate stuff without a care back in Equestria and can’t do that as a human, even after Sci Twi somehow gains the ability. That’s pretty harsh.

“I’ll meet you at the dock with the others,” I say, teleporting back to my tent and finishing up before going out to join the rest of the students.

“Oh, it’s beautiful, isn’t it?” Rarity says, looking out over Everfree’s lake. “It looks like a diamond shining in the sun!”

Fluttershy nods in agreement. “It is lovely out here. The fresh air, the cool breeze, the birds that land on your finger,” a bird literally lands on her finger as she finishes.

Rainbow grins. “I think that only happens to you.”

“Lake activities are available every day until sunset, so if you want to canoe, sail, windsurf, or swim, just let me know,” Gloriosa calls out to everyone.

A yelp from Sci Twi draws my attention, only to see Timber catch her from a fall caused by the dock, which a scan tells me is a bit unstable. “Whoa! I know I’m charming, but you don’t have to fall for me.”

I roll my eyes, before sniffing and wrinkling my nose, snapping my fingers, making an air freshener can appear in my hand and spray around. Wow. That was so cheesy it reeked like a five hundred year old roll. Bleah!

Vice Principal Luna sights the unstable docks as too hazardous and that it should be closed down until it can be repaired, though that could take all week, since they’d need to call in some professionals and who knows how long it would take for them to just get out here.

Applejack, however, offers another solution. We could rebuild the dock, together and it could be our Camp Gift. Sure, I could just fix it with a snap of my fingers, but this would be more meaningful and would be something we could all work on together.

“I don’t know,” Timber says in a tone I can tell is meant to dissuade us and I can’t help feeling a little suspicious. “It’s an awful lot of work. I wouldn’t want you guys to miss out on doing other fun camp stuff because you’re so busy building a dock for” he narrows his eyes at his sister, “future campers.

Okay. Something is definitely up. I don’t like the way he said “future campers”. What’s Timber Spruce hiding?

Before I can do anything though, Dash hurrying over, putting an arm around Timber’s shoulder. “I hear what you’re saying, Timber, but we’re Canterlot Wondercolts. We’ve got a reputation to uphold! And there was no way we were gonna leave this place without contributing the most awesome camp gift ever!” She looks around at the rest of us. “I’m with AJ. Building a new dock is definitely it! What do you guys think?”

The rest of the students cheer and Gloriosa gives Timber a look I recognize as the “Looks like I win” kind. “Looks like it’s settled, then.”

Timber looks back at her with narrowed eyes, before looking away. “Looks like it.”

“That’s some tension, all right,” Sunset murmurs.

“Agreed,” I say, looking up to her. “And did you notice the way he said future campers. We’ll wanna keep an eye on Mr. Spruce, there.”

By mid-evening we’ve done a lot better than I’d have honestly expected. If anything, I’d say we’ll be done with the dock within the next two days, easy.

“Making lanterns out of solar-powered garden lights! Pretty crafty there, Timber!”

I glance up at the sound of Sci Twi’s voice as I’m passing by her and Timber who’re at a nearby table, before I shudder as her words sink in. Lights powered by the sun at night. Oh, I’m not letting Princess Luna learn about this. We’d have a Nightmare Moon repeat incident all over again.

I’m starting to wonder if I was wrong about Timber. Sure, it seems he’s hiding something, from the way he said he didn’t want us doing something for future campers and the way he’d said it, but he doesn’t seem to have done anything else odd today. Maybe today was just an off day for him.

Once everything is packed up, we head for the campfire pit for s’mores and tell spooky stories.

Rarity’s scary story… well, it’s fashion related. Need I say more?

Timber then tells us a story he claims is true, about how many years ago, his and Gloriosa’s great-grandparents came to this forest and, seeing its beauty, decided that it would be the perfect place for a camp. But once they started building, strange things started to happen, like plants growing out of nowhere, or vines disrupting construction.

Then, one night, when the wind was howling, a tree branch crashed through the roof of their cabin. They’d run outside, only to see a giant creature rising from the earth! She had wild hair like the roots of a tree. Her mouth had jagged rock teeth and her eyes were pools of black tar. But her aura shimmered like diamonds. Anywhere she went, she left a trail of gem dust in her wake.

She’d been a creature called Gaea Everfree – an ancient spirit who held domain over the forest, and that his great-grandparents were trespassing on her land. They’d begged her to let them stay and build their camp, to share this wonderful place with others. Gaea Everfree finally agreed but warned them that they would not be able to keep it forever. Someday, she would return and reclaim the forest as her own.

Timber smirks. “So if you see a trail of gem dust, you’ll know that it is...” he yells “ Gaea Everfree!”

At once, a pair of glowing green eyes appear behind him and everyone screams, myself leaping up, a fireball forming in my hand.

Gloriosa comes into the light, her being the source of the eyes. “Hey, guys! Sorry, didn’t mean to scare you!”

Applejack looks to me, then nods to the fireball still burning in my hand, then Gloriosa, who doesn’t seem to have noticed it yet as Sunset asked why she’d come out of the bushes if she didn’t want to scare anyone.

Blushing, I quickly blow the sphere of fire out, waving my hand to disperse the smoke and put my hand behind my back, smiling as innocently as I can.

The older woman hesitates, before saying, “I... took the scenic route, because the forest is beautiful at night.” She pauses, before looking around at all of us. “But no one else should do it without a guide, kay?” she then smiles really brightly. “All right, everybody, time to head to your tents.”

“Fluttershy?” Spike’s voice gasps and I turn to see Fluttershy easing her grip on the poor pup.

“Sorry, Spike. I guess that story got to me.”

Applejack cocks an eyebrow. “Why? It can’t be real.”

Rainbow frowns, before looking around anxiously. “I don’t know. Gaea Everfree could be some creature that got booted from Equestria and ended up in this world. That’s what happened with the sirens. It’s not, right?”

I blink as I realize that last bit was directed at me specifically and now the whole group is looking at me.

I fold my arms, looking and feeling uncertain. “I dunno. I didn’t live during Star Swirl’s time, so I wouldn’t know just how many magical problems he simply dumped in this world, thinking the lack of magic would take away their power… and clearly being wrong, so… I can’t say for sure whether or not it’s possible this Gaea Everfree is real or not. Though…” I wave a finger lazily, “if she were real and was booted here, it would explain why the Everfree Forest when so out of control over the last thousand plus years before the Tree of Harmony settled things down.”

Applejack just shakes her head. “Eh. Sounded more like something that Timber was makin’ up just to scare us.” Her expression worries slightly. “At least I hope it was. Last thing I want is to have camp ruined by some power-crazed magical creature.”

I blink, my frown deepening.

“What?” Dash asks, her tone growing more worried, most likely from my expression.

“Well…” I say, rubbing my thumb against my chin, “if Gaea Everfree is real… it would explain why I sensed some kind of magical energy as we were arriving. I originally shrugged it off as Sci Twi’s magic starting to manifest properly after the Friendship Ga—” I cut myself off and look to Sci Twi, who’s looking away, dejected.

“Well, I mean, you know, everything turned out all right at the games, of course,” Rarity nervously chuckles, trying to save my ass as I’m kicking it for my being so stupid to speak without thinking.

Scit Twi just looks away, nodding. “Mmm. I’m kinda tired. I’m gonna turn in.”

As she heads off, Sunset looks to the rest of us. “Maybe lay off bringing up what happened at the Friendship Games? I think she’s still pretty sensitive about it.”

Pinkie Pie bites into her roasted marshmallow, a large amount covering her mouth and says, without bothering to swallow first, mind you, “Our lips are sealed.”

I look away, rubbing my arms, but AJ puts a comforting hand on my shoulder. “Hey, it ain’t yer fault. You were trying to help out. It’s understandable something would slip out when yer mind was preoccupied.”

I sigh. “Yeah. Thanks AJ.”

___________________________________________________________

I’m woken up the next morning when I sense multiple levitation spells coming from Sunset and Sci Twi’s tent again. Normally, sensing even multiple spells wouldn’t wake me, but being a world mostly devoid of magic, my senses are getting confused.

Getting up, I see Octavia has already gotten up and snap my fingers, appearing by the dock, fully dressed.

“Yipe!” Trixie yells, my having appeared right next to her. She glares at me. “Don’t just pop up next to Trixie like that! Are you trying to scare Trixie to death?”

Several seasons back? That would definitely have been a tempting offer. As of now? Eh.

I shrug and walk past her, noticing Derpy and that Eco Kid whom I never bothered to get the name of are stuck in the middle of the lake, since the wind’s died down, so nothing to push the sail forward.

“Hey,” Sunset’s voice causes me to look back as she, Sci Twi and Spike come over, the bacon-haired girl speaking with the purple one, “I know you don’t want to, but I really think we need to figure out what’s going on with your magic. If you could learn to control it—”

“But that’s just it!” the glasses wearing girl cuts her off. “I’ll never be able to control it!”

I blink, shaking my head as I can swear I just sensed magic, before a crashing sound causes the four of us to whirl around to see the sailboat has crashed into the dock.

“What happened?” Rainbow calls, hurrying over.

“I didn’t mean to!” Sci Twi says fearfully.

“We didn’t see anything, so we don’t know what happened,” Sunset covers.

I look to the other girl with a sad look. I dunno if that was her magic or not, I was too distracted to pin point where it came from, but I feel bad that she’s blaming herself for something she can’t yet control. She only gained her magic yesterday. No one’s expecting her to have mastered it in less than twenty four hours.

Wait. Do the others know about her magic yet? I don’t remember either of them bringing it up yesterday after we learned about it.

“Are you okay, Sandalwood?” Sunset asks, helping the guy out of the wrecked boat while Dash is helping Derpy.

Sandalwood nods. “Yeah. It was so weird. We were stuck in a middle of the lake with no wind, then all of a sudden, bam! The wind picked up, and we were pushed right into the dock.”

Pinkie gasps. “You don’t think it was the spirit, do you?!”

I frown, looking around. It would be helpful it were Gaea Everfree, then she and I could have a little Spirit of the Forest to Spirit of Chaos chat.

“Spirit, show yourself! The Great and Powerful Trixie commands it”

I don’t even need to look. I just facepalm.

“What’s that?!” Rarity’s voice lets me focus on something less anooying and I move over to where she and several other students are gathered by the edge of the damaged dock… where sparkly gem dust is spreading through the water from the point where the boat hit the dock.

I frown, scanning the dust… only to dock an eyebrow in confusion. There’s a faint magical aura around the dust… but it’s way too faint. This is very confusing. If this were Gaea Everfee’s work, shouldn’t the aura be stronger, fresher?

“Oh, man!” Dash looks over the ruined dock. “All our hard work! Ruined!”

Fluttershy smiles. “At least the fishies are eating well.” She indicates to the fish… who are eating the magical gem dust.

I facepalm. Well, that couldn’t possibly lead to any problems down the line. Nope. None whatsoever.

“Let’s salvage what we can out of the water,” Sunset suggests. “Maybe we can still fix this.”

“We have to try!” Rarity says urgently. “Camp Everfree needs a runway!”

Applejack deadpans. “Dock.”

Rarity blinks, looking away, murmuring unfocused, “Dock. Yes. That’s what I meant.”

Yeah. I don’t believe you, there, Rarity.

We get what we can out of the lake, myself using my magic to dry the damp wood instantly so it’s good for use and we all work on a plan to get back to working on the dock later today.

Before that, we’ve got some rock climbing to do.

“You can totally go faster than you’re going,” Dash says a few minutes later as Rarity is rock climbing at her own pace, Applejack spotting her.

“Rainbow Dash!” the farm girl scolds.

Rainbow looks apologetically at her. “Sorry. I’ve been waiting to do this since we got here.”

“Well, you have to wait a little longer, darling,” Rarity says firmly.

“Oh, good! Twilight,” I glance down from where I’m sitting cross-legged atop the climbing wall where I’ve been high fiving everyone who makes it to the top to see Twilight and Timber coming up to the wall, “if you spot me, I can finally go. I’ll go get another harness.”

Dash hurries off and I jump, suddenly sensing magic, this time moving away from us… at ridiculous speeds. The heck?

Before I can look into it, however, the ground starts rumbling, the whole wall shaking, causing me to topple off, catching myself in mid-air inches from the ground.

“Was that an earthquake?” Spike asks, looking around. When’d he and Sunset get here?

Sci Twi adjusts her glasses. “We aren’t near any fault lines.”

“Hey!” I turn to see Bulk Biceps looking down at the ground. “Who left this crystaly dusty stuff here?!”

I land, frowning as I look around. Okay, how did Gaea Everfree do that, come by close enough to drop that dust and yet not even I notice her? A giant woman with wild hair like the roots of a tree, a mouth full of jagged rock teeth and eyes that are pools of black tar and an aura shimmering like diamonds leaving a trail of gem dust in her wake would be pretty fucking hard to miss.

I suddenly sense magic, followed by a scream from Rarity and turn around to see a faint orange glow fading from AJ’s hands as she lets go of the rope, Rarity is stuck at the top of the climbing wall, but in a position that is clearly not safe, before the lack of someone holding the rope causes her to drop.

I hold out my hand, Rarity freezing in mid-air, before I lower her down slowly as she breathes heavily.

Applejack!” Rarity shouts in exasperation. “What are you doing?!”

“Is everything okay over there?” Principal Celestia calls as she hurries over.

“Uh, I don’t know what happened,” Applejack says, flustered. “I didn’t even pull the rope very hard. It was… like she was light as a feather all of a sudden.”

Or the fraction of magic that was around your hands increased your strength. But, does that mean the levitation from Sci Twi isn’t just her own magic, but an influence from Gaea Everfree and now she’s influencing AJ?

“I was scared half to death!” Rarity growls, struggling to free herself from the harness.

“It wasn’t mah fault!” Applejack insists, before smiling and moving towards Rarity. “It wasn’t my fault! Let me help you get your harness out.”

“No, thank you!” Rarity shouts firmly, her words being punctured by my sensing more magic and something like a diamond shiled flying from the fashionista’s hands, slamming into Applejack and sending her tumbling back through the bushes and out of sight, followed by a loud splash.

A few seconds later, Applejack comes back through the bushes, soaking wet and lazily spitting a small stream of water from her mouth, a very deadpan expression on her fce.

Principal Celestia looks stunned, before going over to help Applejack. “What in the world just happened?!

Rarity looks down at her hands, then at the soaking wet Applejack. “Oh, dear! I am so sorry! I think.” She looks around at all over us. “Did I just do… whatever that was?”

Now Rarity’s being influenced by Gaea Everfree’s magic? I deadpan. Okay, I’ve had enough of being in the dark.

I snap my fingers, teleporting to where I can faintly sense some oddly familiar feeling magic to find a large pile of boulders near a stream.

Frowning, I rewind time around me so I can observe what happened, to see the boulders were a huge wall that was blocking the stream before, causing the bed to dry up.

At once, I’m suspicious. Regardless of whether Gaea Everfee caused them to fall away, those boulders shouldn’t have been there to begin with. Surely Gloriosa or Timber would’ve have seen them long before the bed dried up and especially before camp started.

I can feel it only recently got all its water back. It was dry for at least a few weeks.

I look up to the top boulders. How did they get there, exactly? I doubt Gaea Everfree did it. Why would the spirit of the forest do something that would deprive a part of her forest of its life giving water?

I float up over them and notice something I wouldn’t have expected, before it clinks and my expression darkens.

At first, I was confused. It looks like something was starting preparations to lay a foundation for something, a building of some kind and there are tire tracks from construction machines too.

Rewinding time further, going back several weeks, my suspicions are confirmed.

The boss needs this done before the start of the month, a burly guy in a construction uniform says, waving to a guy operation a vehicle carrying several boulders I recognize from the ones scattered around in the present.

I watch as he moves the boulders in place, slowing down the stream.

A few more and this stream should stop altogether, the guy from before says.

Any clue why someone would want to stop the stream to Camp Everfree? another worker asks, looking confused. Won’t the kids that go there be upset when the bed dries up?

The boss is planning something, the first guy says. Dunno what, yet. Said he’d fully explain once the month is out.

Okay, I’ve seen enough.

I return to the present, only for my open senses to detect someone nearby whom I am feeling none too happy about and teleport to his location, within Gloriosa’s office.

They both startle when I suddenly appear, but then Filthy just glares. “Oh, it’s you.”

Gloriosa looks between the two of us, confused. “You two know each other?”

“In a way,” Filthy says, his tone annoyed. “That little brat caused me a lot of problems.”

“Oh, my apologies,” I say sarcastically. “I guess I should’ve just left you to keep abusing my family until they were broken shells.”

Gloriosa’s expression becomes uneasy. “Um, I sense this is a personally matter. Um, Screwball, honey, I don’t mean to sound like a bossy bosser pants, but can you please leave? The adults are talking.”

“Oh, I’ll leave,” I say, glaring at Filthy, moving my hand and I flicking motion, several photographs and sheets of paper appearing in said hand. “I just thought you’d like to know Filthy is already beginning construction of whatever it is his wants to build here.”

His eyes widen in anger and horror as I toss them to Gloriosa, who catches them and looks them over, before her eyes narrow and she glares at Filthy. “You’re the reason the stream dried up? You’re already laying foundations for that spa resort?! I’ve still got til the end of the week, you fucking asshole!”

I blink, sensing magic really close by, before what she said distracts me and I look to Filthy with a questioning expression.

He looks between the two of us, before huffing, smirking. “Let’s face the facts, Gloriosa. I agreed to give you til the end of the month, but there’s less than a week, like you said. There’s no way you can get the funds in time. And even if you bring this to the courts, I own the land now.”

“But by law, you’re not allowed to start forcing your own changes til the end of the week!” she snaps back, snarling. “By starting building already, you’re breaking the law, Filthy!”

“And you think the authorities are going to believe you?” Filthy smirks. “Even if they do, we’re far out from the city. Evidence could take a while to get there.”

“Unless she has help,” I shoot back. “You know, you and my Equestrian mother would get along perfectly. Just like you, she cares only about herself and uses anypony to do her biding, even my own sister!”

Filthy gives me an odd look, before he smirks. “Oh, I know about your world, brat. And, I’m curious. If you’re here, who’s protecting your sister?”

I open my mouth to retort, before what he said sinks in and falter. “Huh?”

Filthy shrugs. “Well, if this Equestrian mother of yours is anything like myself, how do you know that, in your absence, something hasn’t happened?” He sneers. “I’m guessing you’ve been here a while, right? What’s to say she’s safe?”

I hesitate, before thinking more on what he said. It’s true I haven’t looked in on Equestria since I got here and started helping the girls raise the money to come to camp…

I bite my lip, before glaring and pointing at him. “This isn’t over, Filthy. Got it?”

He just smirks. “If you say so.”

___________________________________________________________

I appear in my room, before flying out the door and to Diamond’s room. She’s not there.

I turn to head downstairs, when I’m stopped by…another me?!

“Yeah, I know. It’s weird, right?” my double asks, smirking. “And to think, I’m only doing this because it happened to me when I was you. Sheesh. How many time are we gonna be part of a Bootstrap Paradox, amirite?”

I just stare. “Uh… wha?” I blink. “Wait. Why do I sense my magical signature around the sun and moon?”

She waves a hoof. “Eh. You’ll find out later, trust me. But, before you go, you’ll need this.”

She hands me… a Kamen Rider Decade belt?

She nods, smirking. “Non magic made. Legit, with a bit of a tweek regarding Dragon Knight. You’ll need it when you come back from Everfree.”

“But… I just did come back from Everfree.” I am confusing myself.

She waves a hoof. “Yeah, but I mean after the week’s over. You’ll be back once you’re done here. Anyway, hold onto that belt. Don’t lose it. You’re really gonna need it later. Anyway, I gotta get back to maintaining the day and night cycle til you give the big finisher. Toodles.”

With that… she’s gone.

I just float there for several minutes… not really sure what just happened.

Shaking myself, I store the belt in my beanie and head downstairs to find a very worried Randolph wandering around.

“Randolph?” I ask, floating over to him. “What’s up?”

He whirls around, looking more relieved then I ever expected. “Miss Screwball! Oh, thank Celestia. Your sister has gone missing!”

The world freezes in time. His words slowly process through my mind, before cementing themselves.

The room becomes very hot as flames dance in my eyes and I say in a cold, dark tone, “Who took her?”

___________________________________________________________

Diamond screamed as her body was wracked with electricity from the collar around her neck.

She fell to the floor of the empty black room, panting heavily.

“Must you really be so difficult?”

The filly glared at the screen displaying the mare who had the gall to call herself her mother.

“I refuse to help you, Spoiled!” she snarled. “I will never return to you!”

Spoiled look on indifferently from the screen. “Your father and that monster really have ruined you. Five days of re-education and still their brainwashing hasn’t faded.”

“You’re the one trying to brainwash me, Spoiled!” Tiara snapped back. “Screwball freed me fr— YAAAAAH!”

Diamond keeled over, her fur smoking from the intensity of the shock.

“Do not speak her name,” Spoiled snarled. “And you will address me as mother, you ungrateful retch of a foal! I have gone to great lengths to reunite as with that blasted restraining order your worthless father has against me. This is the only way! Now, you will do as you are told!”

“It’s not… my fault… you’re running out of money,” Diamond said through heavy breathes. “Daddy gave you plenty of money. You’re the moron who spent it all—AHH!”

“I see I still need to teach you manner, darling,” Spoiled said cooly, before giving a small smile. “But fear not, my precious Diamond. Once you’re back to normal, you will use your special talent to get high ranking ponies to give me shares in their companies and then we will use your talent to make sure those shares go through the roof. After that, we will live in perfect wealth for the rest of our live and your father and the beast will never bother us again.”

“Not.. gonna happen,” Diamond chuckled, coughing. She looked up at the screen, smirking cruelly. “My sister will find me. And when she does?” She gave a dark chuckle. “Oh, I would hate to be you when that happens.”

Spoiled scoffed. “That beast hasn’t been seen in Equestria for weeks.” She sneered. “She’s never coming back.”

“Wrong.”

Spoiled’s expression immediately changed. Whereas her image had been one of complete confidence and superiority, that one word from her end had changed it so now there was nothing but unbridled horror.

She slowly turned around, so Diamond couldn’t see her face.

“Hello, Mother,” a sinister, hate filled voice that sent chills through Diamond’s burnt body said. “I’ve come to play.”

Author's Note:

Yeah. Spoiled is so Screwed.

Next chapter will be the end of Everfree and the one after that, we finally have Screwball re-interacting with Cheese Legs after so long.

Now, a bit on an announcement. While i cannot say exactly when, some time over the next 2 months, over much deliberation, I have decided to get back to Twilight's Twinlight. I must however, give warning.

you see, I have been debating for ages now on whether to put Twilight's Twinlight on hiatus and work on it's sister story, the plot of which is based on something close to what a previous arch in this story had, but will also be very different due to the reveal that Twilight could never have been a time travelling Clover the Clever.

However, it has been nagging at me too much to return to Twilight's Twinlight itself, making it impossible to try and focus on anything of the sister story, as that has to be very well thought out and I will need to take my time establishing everything.

therefore, while i am continuing on with Twilight's Twinlight first, i must give warning that some aspects of the sister story will be mentioned throughout, so those surprises, aside from one many have picked up on already, so it won't so much be a spoiler as a confirmation will happen due to faint memory flashes Ken will get due to certain triggers.

So, if you want to remain 100% spoiler free, you'll wanna avoid reading most future chapters of Twilight's Twinlight for pretty much a long time.

Okay, glad i've gotten that out of the way.

So, will Gloriosa still going Everfree despite now having legal evidence to stop Filthy from taking Everfree away? How much will Screwball help out in the battle against Gaea Everfree? And why did a future version of herself give her a Kamen Rider belt and point out it's non magical?

You gotta wait and see.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and, til next time, later everypony

PreviousChapters Next