• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 32,860 Views, 2,555 Comments

It's A Screwed Up Life - Autum Breeze



Life can become very confusing when you go from working in a factory to waking up as a pony with Choas Magic. Wait. Did I say confusing? I meant FUN!

  • ...
116
 2,555
 32,860

PreviousChapters Next
Long Term Stay and Screwy’s Come to Play

Long Term Stay and Screwy’s Come to Play

___________________________________________________________

“Grrrreetings, Canterlot High!”

The group of seven girls plus one talking dog yell in fright, before whirling around to find me floating before them.

Sunset sighs. “It’s only you, Screwball.” She frowns, folding her arms. “Do you have to always pop in at random like…?” She pauses, before shaking her head. “I’m asking the daughter of Discord. Why bother?”

We’re outside Canterlot High, the other students all exiting, none really paying attention to my floating in the air beyond giving a “hello” or “hey”. Really shows how unfazed CHS has become to magic nowadays.

“So, to what do we own the Princess o’ Chaos giving our world a visit?” Applejack asks, a knowing look saying she thinks I’m planning something.

“I wanna hang out. See what’s up,” I shrug, do a superhero landing, before wincing. “Okay, Deadpool’s right. Those are hard on the knees.”

“Told ya,” a guy wearing a red spandex suit says, popping up behind me.

I just snap my fingers and he disappears in a pop.

“Who was… that?” Applejack asks.

“Better you don’t know,” I groan, a hand over my face, before I pull out my mobile, dialling a number. “This is a parallel to my world, Merck with a Mouth. Pinkie might’ve brought you to Ponyville for a birthday party during that Death Battle episode, but you do NOT come to this world without my okay, got it?! I may not be able to kill you because of your power, but like Genie said regarding genies not being able to kill others, you’d be surprised what you can live through!”

A gulping sound can be heard on the other end. “Got it. I’ll be good.”

I hang up, unzipping open a tear in reality and tossing the phone in there before zipping it back up and turn to the others, who’re all looking very confused.

“Again, better you don’t know,” I rub my temples. “DD and I both agree the guy’s more trouble than he’s worth.”

“O… kay,” Rainbow says, scratching behind her neck. “Well, we’re planning on trying to raise some funds this weekend.”

I look to her, cocking an eyebrow. “What for?”

“Camp Everfree!” I make a screeching sound like a scared cartoon cat, leaping into the air and landing in Sunset’s arms, staring at the pink girl who is now standing just behind where I was a second ago. “If we raise enough money, we’ll be able to go and roast marshmallows and sleep on marshmallow pillows.”

I glance at Rarity, before shaking my head to get my mind out of the gutter. Eww. Someone put their gum there too. Gross.

“Your school sure makes you raise money a lot,” I say, hopping out of Sunset’s arms and landing, folding my own appendages. “I know the budget hit a bit of a bump with the repairs to the school, but Sunset helped out with that, right? They shouldn’t still need to raise money? Or did they blow it all on the Friendship Games?”

“It’s been a long time since you were a normal kid, huh?” Pinkie asks, cocking an eyebrow at me.

I look at her, blinking in confusion, before it clicks. Since I became Screwball all those years ago, I’ve never needed to worry about how I was getting to places.

Through my fragmented memories, I do remember my parents sometimes telling me I couldn’t go on school trips because we didn’t have the money.

“So, I guess that means your parents aren’t willing to pony up some cash for your school trips?” I ask, before blinking and facepalm. I cannot believe I made that pun without noticing til it had already left my mouth.

“Our families like to help us with our independence is all,” AJ shrugs. “Says it helps build character.”

I look up at the sky, hands behind my head. “Alright. Guess I’ll chip in too, if I can. What’s the first idea?”

“Bake Sale!” Pinkie says, somehow now directly in my face and I back away, only to bump into Sunset, causing us both to topple over.

“Any other ideas?” I ask as I help the bacon haired girl up.

“Well, Twilight and I were thinking of doing a kind of Doggy Day Care,” Fluttershy suggests.

“An’ we Apples can always find ways o’ raisin’ money,” Applejack assures.

I shrug. “Sure, why not? I’ll see if I can think up anything myself.”

“Legal, I hope,” Sunset folds her arms, giving me a questioning look.

I give an overdramatic gasp that would give either Rarity a run for their money, putting an arm over my face. “Sunset, you wound me so.”

They all roll their eyes, aside from Sci-Twi, who looks like she can’t tell if we’re being serious or not.

“Well, you crazy kids have fun!” I say, floating up into the air. “I’ll be with my family, if you need me.”

___________________________________________________________

“I do love when you visit, Screwy, but a little warning would have been nice,” Mum says, walking out onto the patio, carrying a couple cans of grape soda.

I levitate mine over, opening it with my teeth and taking a sip, before smiling apologetically. “Yeah. Sorry, Mum. I’ll remember for next time.”

I look back out over the city of Los Pegasus. Turns out Mum treated Diamond and Lilac to a vacation here. Silver Spoon, too.

“Are you sure you can remember?” Silver Spoon sneers.

I look over my shoulder at her with a playful wink. “You know me too well.”

We all chuckle, before Mum’s cell phone starts going off inside the hotel room and she goes back in to answer it.

“Are you sure you want to go with the other to Camp Everfree?”

Diamond’s question makes me turn around with a slightly raised eyebrow. “Why wouldn’t I want to go?”

Diamond looks away, fiddling with her soda.

Silver looks between the two of us, before sighing. “He has been trying to get it.”

I blink, before scowling in confusion. “Wait. What? Why? Why would he want to buy a camp and why is he even financially capable? I thought the lawsuits against him would’ve been more than enough.”

“It has,” Silver says warningly. “Everfree is pretty much his last chance to get any plans for money off the ground again.”

“Just… just be careful when you go there, alright, Screwy?” Diamond asks quietly, before looking to me pleadingly. “I realize he can’t have too much power over you because you’re… well, you, but, still, promise you’ll be careful?”

I think for a few moments, before sighing and nod. “Okay, Dia. I promise.”

“Honestly, you would think I could spend at least a few days in peace with my daughters without the board needing me to hold their hands,” Mum exclaims as she comes back out, turning off her phone and putting it in her jeans pocket. She pauses when she notices us and looks around. “Did I miss something?”

I shake my head and wave my free hand. “Nah, it’s cool, ma. Just chatting about plans.”

She gives me that knowing look, the one a parent gives when they can tell you’re hiding something from them, but shrugs, seeming to decide to trust my judgement on whatever it is and sits down next to Lilac, who’s busy slowly reading out loud from a book.

She really has come a long way since getting out of the hospital.

___________________________________________________________

“To the right! To the right! To the left! To the left! Now up! Now up! Bring it down!”

It’s been about two weeks since I arrived and there’s one week left until the deadline for submissions for those wishing to go to Camp Everfree.

I personally was able to save up enough for myself to go. I got it by taking advantage of my time with my family in Los Pegasus. I got the rights to busk and did a large number of magic tricks, simple for me, but breathtaking for everyone who saw my performances.

I even offered the girls to save up for them too, but they insisted on raising the money for themselves.

I did ask why Sunset didn’t just use some of the gems she brought from Equestria all those years ago to get the money, but the others had made it clear they wanted Sunset to hold onto those gems. They were to be for after she graduates and it seems Sunset shares their views, claiming it would feel like cheating to do it that way.

As such, while I’m all set for Everfree, I’m helping the girls to earn their money too, so the nine of us can go together.

The girls are currently washing Big Mac’s car, each working in tandem to do a set task. I’m just using my magic to clean the car I’m working on. The disappointment on Zephr Breeze’s face tells me he wishes Dash was the one washing his car (yeah, I dunno what moron gave him of all people a licence to drive), but I can’t help wondering if Dash was the only reason why he came to get his car washed.

Either way, I wrap up with his car, all the items moving around me as if I’m in a Harry Potter movie and he pays me, before driving off, a dejected look on his face.

I just hope he’s a better driver than, well, anything else. If my encounter with his Equestrian counterpart is any indication, things could go very badly, very quickly with him behind the wheel.

“Hah! Thanks, Big Mac.” I turn to see Mac nodding to Dash before he drives off. “Sweet! More cash to add to the stash!”

“Woo-hoo!” Pinkie bounces.

Rarity sighs. “How about a little break? All of this sunshine and suds are doing a number on my hair.”

We all look to each other, before shrugging in agreement. We walk (in my case float) over to the side of the little Car Wash Rainbow and Sunset have set up and open an escae, myself levitating bottles of orange soda out of it and sending one to each of the group.

“Hey, anybody seen Twilight lately?” Dash asks as she takes a sip of her soda.

“Not since Friday,” I remark, looking up in thought.

“I’m here.” We all look to see Sci Twi hurrying over carrying the box the girls have been storing all their savings in. “I was just going over the numbers again.”

Sunset’s eyes light up. “Have we raised enough to go to Camp Everfree?”

Sci Twi shakes her head. “We’ve only raised a little over half. I counted the money four times just to be sure.”

Everyone groans, but Applejack stays positive. “It’s alright. We can just wash more cars. There’s gotta be some we missed…”

She trails off as we all turn to the completely empty parking lot.

“I, uh, think we’re gonna have to come up with a new plan,” Sunset says, causing Applejack to blush.

“But we’re running out of time!” Dash says urgently. “The camp fundraising deadline is next week. And we’ve already done a bake sale, that doggie day care, and now this car wash.”

“Well, I’m still willing to help you guys out,” I offer, crushing my soda in my hands and reopening them to reveal it’s now grape instead of orange. “I can hop back in time and continue busking in Los Pegsus. I can make the remaining money within a few days and come right back.”

“No, Screwball,” Sunset says firmly, shaking her head. “If I’m not going to be using my gem funds, you’re not using your powers to get us down easy street either.”

I pout, folding my arms.

“Not to worry, darlings,” we all look to Rarity, who’s wearing a confident smile. “It’s my turn to devise a plan, and I already have something amazing in mind. It will be the most profitable of all of our fundraising events!” She holds her arms out wide. “The pièce de résistance!”

Applejack smiles. “Hee-yoo! Now we’re talkin’! What’s your idea?”

Rarity gives a confident look. “Meet me in the music room later this afternoon, and I will explain everything.”

As the others walk off I glance at Spike, our eyes meeting and we nod.

I hover as Spike stops next to Rarity and smirks. “You got nothin’, huh?”

Rarity looks to him, before her expression breaks into worry. “How did you know?!”

I point atop my head, where my beanie has been replaced by the BS Detector that I unintentionally made appear on Applejack’s head back in Starlight’s old village.

“Oh.” Her dejected expression turns to determination. “No worries. I’ll just go the mall. Window shopping always gives me some kind of inspiration.”

She hurries off, leaving Spike and myself standing there.

“Wanna bet this goes bad somehow?” the dog asks, glancing up at me.

I smirk back at him. “In this city? That’s a losing bet for anyone to take against and you know it.”

He shrugs. “Can’t blame a guy for trying.”

I chuckle, snapping my fingers and turning into a dog like him, only with my colour palate. “Wanna go chase some squirrels?”

He grins. “You havta ask?”

___________________________________________________________

Rarity grins. “See? It’s a wonderful plan. We’ll write some lyrics for our new song, and we’ll choreograph some dance moves. Then our video will win a cash prize, and voilà!”

We’re all sitting in the music room at CHS and Rarity just finished explaining her plan… if you can really call it that.

“You make it sound simple as pie,” AJ says as uncertainly as the rest of us feel.

The white girl nods. “That’s because it is! The girls at Crystal Prep even agree. They’re making a video, too.”

That causes me to raise an eyebrow, though it’s Sci Twi who responds. “They are?”

Rarity becomes uncertain. “I-Is that a problem, darling?”

Sci Twi shakes her head, scratching behind her neck. “Oh, no, it’s not. Just haven’t heard much about my old school since I left, I guess.” Her expression as she finishes tells me it does bother her, though.

“Well, if you ask me, Crystal Prep has got nothin’ on CHS! I love it here!” Spike cheers, before shudders in delight as Fluttershy scratches him under the chin. “See what I mean?”

I smirk at the little guy.

“Okay,” Rarity says excitedly, but with a small bit of hesitation I pick up right away, “before we get started with the choreographing of our dance moves and,” she mumbles something “there’s just one tiny, teeny-weensey, little thing I forgot to mention.”

Sunset cocks an eyebrow. “What’s that?”

And why do I get the feeling it isn’t so teeny-weensey as Rarity is suggesting?

“Uhhhh...” Rarity looks uncertain, before saying really quickly, “I would need to use our fundraiser money to buy costume materials for the video!”

There’s a short pause, before Sunset puts a hand to her chin. “Hmm. How much is the grand prize worth?”

Rarity quickly jumps on the opportunity. More than double what we need to have enough for us all to go to Camp Everfree!”

Rainbow grins. “Hah! Then of course you can use the money for costumes!”

Applejack sighs, before smiling. “Oh, what the hay? Why not?”

Seems they’re all in agreement. I guess my impute isn’t really needed as I’m not the one still needing to raise funds to go.

“According to my calculations, if we lend Rarity the funds we’ve already raised, we stand to gain just under four times as much money as we have now,” Sci Twi says, looking at a small notepad.

The girls all cheer, though I hold my elation. I have a feeling there’s a “but” coming.

“But,” there it is, “if we lose the video contest, we’ll be completely back to square one and zero dollars. Anyone else think this is an awfully risky endeavour?” She glances around, seeing all the dejected looks at the idea of not even trying, before backing up. “I mean, um, heh... Me neither.”

Oh dear. I shake my head. Someone’s still not fully out of her shell since Crystal Prep. Guess we still need to work on that.

___________________________________________________________

Oh. Well, I can fix it,” Rarity says as she looks over the tear in jacket Rainbow’s wearing for the music video, literally taking it off the cyan girl, “but I’ll have to run to the fabric store before it closes. Keep practicing while I’m gone! Ahhh!”

We all watch as she runs off.

“Anyone else thinks this isn’t working out?” Fluttershy asks uncertainlty.

“Looks like you probably won that bet after all, Spike,” I look over to the dog, before looking down at myself.

I’m wearing a plain white T-shirt under a dark blue overalls shirt-pants combo, with my Cutie Mark just over where it ends at my thighs on my left side, mismatched purple and white socks and big boots similar to what Princess Twilight would wear when here, only mine are yellow to match my beanie.

Rarity does know how to give a girl a new look. I might keep this one, to be honest.

We spend the next couple minutes trying to pull off the dance routine Rarity gave us… but we’re all failing miserably.

We normally can get things down without a problem, but we seem to really just not be getting it with this dance.

After another failed attempt at least twenty minutes later, during which Applejack somehow managed to get me tangled up with Pinkie, a group text comes to all of us.

Rarity wants us to meet her at her house. It’s an emergency.

Curious, I snap my fingers, returning us all to our usually outfits as well as teleporting us right outside Rarity’s room.

Pinkie, not missing a beat, knocks, opening the door seconds later. “We’re here!”

With all the girls crowding the entrance, I slither in on the ceiling like a snake, my body flat, before getting into the room, putting my thumb in my mouth and blowing until I’ve puffed up to normal again.

“We got your text,” Sci Twi says, showing her phone to Rarity for… some reason. “You said it was an emergency?”

“ Everythin’ all right, sugarcube?” Applejack asks.

Rarity walks over to what I recognize as being her version of the fainting couch and sitting down in a calm manner. “Well, since you asked...” She bursts into sobs, draping herself over said couch, “the answer is no-ho-ho-oh!

Hmm. I know I should be a good friend and concerned about what’s upsetting her… but I can’t help just thinking pony Rarity pulls over the “sobbing while draped over the fainting couch” thing better than this one does.

“Oh, no!” Fluttershy says, sitting down on Rarity’s bed, Spike next to her, the girl giving Opal a quick stroke… and Spike looking really happy to see Opal for some reason? “What happened?”

Rarity continues to sobs, but tries to talk through her tears, which are really making her eye makeup run. “Sour Sweet,” sob “and the,” sob sob “Crystal Prep girls stole our video concept! I saw them filming at the mall. They copied my design ideas and everything!” She briefly loses all sadness, “So of course they looked absolutely fabulous.” Her expression saddens again. “But the worst part is that they’re all incredible dancers!”

Pinkie gasps. “Major bummer in the summer! Tissue for your issue?” she finishes by presenting said tissue.

Wait. I quickly look over the yearly seasons and… nope. We’re still in spring. Mid spring, but still, spring. Jumping a bit ahead on the appropriate seasonal word play there, Pinkie.

“Ta,” Rarity takes the tissue and delicately dabs at her eyes, before she blows her nose very loudly. “Everyone is counting on me, on the video to win us the prize money for the camp.” She sighs. “Oh, how could I have been such a fool?! Of course, those Crystal Preppers stole my concept! I practically served it to them on a platter!”

Sci Twi shakes her head. “Don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s gonna take more than one Friendship Games for those Crystal Prep girls to learn that winning isn’t everything.”

“Say the word and I’ll wipe the idea clean from their minds, leaving them to come up with their own ideas,” I offer, my fingers poised for a snap.

Sunset puts a hand over mine, giving me a firm look. “No.”

Applejack sighs. “Eh, maybe this was all for the best.”

Rarity cocks an eyebrow at her. “Hmm? W-What do you mean?”

The farm girl scratches behind her neck. “Uh, yer concept and costumes are really awesome, but, uh... our dancin’...”

Sunset looks away. “Nnnnot so much.”

Applejack giggles. “We could barely get in a two-step without trippin’ over each other’s boots.”

Which is odd, considering all the dance numbers the girls and this world, plus Equestria can normally do without a problem. Is that because those were crucial to the plot of the movies? Are they unable to without scripted reality effecting them?

“Nonsense!” Rarity’s firm tone pulls me from my thoughts. “You all looked great!”

I cock an eyebrow at her.

She sighs. “Okay, maybe not great, but, but... but it was getting there!” she starts pacing. “And the point is we don’t have to let them win! That is our video concept! And I am going straight to Crystal Prep to let them know that they have messed with the wrong girls!” she takes a deep growling breathe before pointing towards us.“Who’s with me?!”

There’s silence as we all look around at each other, not really sure how we’re supposed to respond to that.

Rarity sheepishly clears throat. “No, n-no, seriously, who is with me? I have no idea how to get to Crystal Prep.”

“I’ll go,” Sci Twi offers. “Maybe I can try to reason with them. We were classmates once.”

Eh. Yeah. But, judging by the way they treated her, being classmates wasn’t all that connecting a thing and since she moved straight to CHS afterwards, they didn’t exactly have a lot of time to interact with her and come to feel anything really different about her.

“Aren’t you going with them?” I look to Sunset at her question to realize she’s talking to me. “You’ve been there too.”

I fold my arms, cocking an eyebrow. “And what about Pinkie or Dash? They’ve been there too. Not gonna ask them?”

“I… um… well,” Sunset rubs her next, blushing.

“Either way, this isn’t going all that well, is it?” Fluttershy asks and we all nod and murmur our agreement.

“I’d like to believe they can convince the Crystal Prep girls to change their idea instead of using ours,” I say, putting my hands over my head, “but reality isn’t always that kind. Heck, without magic intervening, Sunset would’ve been stuck here her whole life with no magic at all and likely never would’ve made any friends.”

The bacon haired girl shudders at the thought.

“Huh. What about other Sunsets?” Dash asks, looking to me.

“Hmm?” I ask, glancing her way.

“Well, you’ve visited heaps of worlds, right? Haven’t you ever run into other Sunsets before?”

I blink, before slowly lowering my arms and wrapping them around myself, looking away. “Yeah. Though… the reasons I met them… weren’t exactly from good circumstances.”

That gets all their attention, especially because of my change in mood.

“What happened?” Fluttershy asks in concern.

I sigh, looking down. “Twilight’s told you about Starlight Glimmer, yeah?”

“Her student?” AJ asks, thinking. “Yeah, Sunset’s mentioned that Twi’s talked about her in the journal. What’s she gotta do with this?”

I don’t look up. “Before she became Twilight’s student, Starlight did something horrible. She changed Star Swirl the Bearded’s Time Travel spell and went back in time and stopped a key event from happening… and it led to disaster every time.”

Every time?” Dash asks, looking uneasy. “You mean, she did it more than once?”

I nod. “Twilight, Spike and I ended up in the past with her and, no matter what we tried, she always ended up changing the future. Sometimes it turned out okay, but the other times… it was a nightmare.”

“And… what does this have to do with the other mes?” Sunset asks, though her worried tone tells me she knows she won’t like what she hears.

I sigh. “Well, we encountered three. In one, things went alright for that timeline’s Sunset. In fact, she became the Princess of Friendship, not Twilight.”

Without even looking, I can tell everyone’s eyes have gone wide at that revelation.

“But the rest?” Sunset asks, clearly knowing she’ll regret the answer.

I remain quiet for a moment. “The second one did what our Sunset originally planned. She overthrew Celestia, but did it by finishing the spell that Twilight used to become an Alicorn. She didn’t understand friendship, but was able to figure a way around it. And… and she trapped Celestia in that timeline’s version of this world.”

“She WHAT?!” everyone cries, looking aghast, Sunset more than anyone else.

I nod. “She forced her Celestia through the portal just before it closed and then shattered it, trapping her there.”

“And… and the last Sunset?” Applejack asks nervously.

My face goes grim. “She came back to a dead Equestria.”

“WHAT?!” the girls all look at me with expression of horror.

I nod solemnly. “In that timeline… well, without going into to many details, the cycle of the sun and moon was completely destroyed and world fell. When we arrived, even the magic was dying. And by the time I could come back, the magic was completely dead. My magic being that of Chaos was the only reason I still could use mine.”

“But what about the other me?” Sunset asks, her tone urgent.

I slowly look to her. “She arrived through the mirror seconds before its magic gave out, trapping her there. Thanks to circumstances, I couldn’t go back to get her until several days later.”

The girls all look around at each other, before shuddering.

“You… you helped her… right?” Sunset asks. Her tone is almost pleading, not wanting to think I left her other self to die alone in that dead world.

I nod, sighing. “I helped both of them. I fixed the mirror and brought Celestia back through it and I took the Sunset in the dead world back to her version of this world. The versions of the girls from that world are looking after her.”

“I… I’ve never been more grateful for you girls than now,” Sunset looks around at the gathered girls, tears in her eyes. “If not for you… I might’ve ended up just like those versions of me.”

The girls all come in for a group hug.

Spike hops down and sits at my feet, looking at me, before nuzzling my leg.

I give a small smile and kneel down, scratching him behind the ears.

___________________________________________________________

“I guess I’ll pull out from going to Everfree,” I say as we all walk through the halls of Canterlot High. “No point my going if none of you are. Kinda defeats the whole purpose.”

You would think life might’ve thrown us a bone to lighten our mood, after I told the girls about the alternate timeline Sunset’s, by having Sci Twi and Rarity come back with good news… but no.

Not only did the Crystal Prep girls refuse to go with another idea instead of stealing ours, but they’ve already sent their entry in, so even if we just do ours anyway, it’ll just look like we copied them.

And we’d been unable to come up with any new ideas for a music video. At least one that would match the song the girls’ had written for the contest.

I’d offered to even the score. One small snap and their entry gets sent to a frozen wasteland, but Sunset was firmly against it, saying we weren’t stooping to their level.

“If you want to go, you should go,” Sunset says, but I shake my head firmly as I floating lazily next to the group.

I fold my arms. “I won’t be able to have fun knowing you all missed out.”

Suddenly Applejack’s phone goes off.

“It’s a text from Rarity,” she says and we all gathered around her to read it. “She’s got some big plan that can fix everything.”

“And judging by the number of smile emojis, she’s really excited,” I point to the number of smiling faces.

We all head for the gym, Applejack asking as we enter, “So what’s the big plan you were excited about?”

We all stop and gape at the beautiful crystal and rainbow set that was not there a few hours ago.

Sunset cocks an eyebrow. “Aren’t the Crystal Prep girls using this video idea now?”

Rarity nods. “They are, yes. But so are we! Girls, you can come out now!”

As she speaks, Sour Sweat, Lemon Zest, Sunny Flare and Sugarcoat all step out from behind the set.

Rarity looks to us. “I know it’s hard to believe, but the Crystal Preppers here helped me to realize that competing against one another was getting us nowhere.”

Lemon Zest looks down dejectedly. “And Rarity helped show us that winning was the only thing driving us. We didn’t even care if we had to steal to accomplish it.”

Sour Sweet nods. “But that’s not who we are.” There’s a pause, before she smiles sheepishly. “Anymore.”

Rarity walks over and stands next to the girls. “The Crystal Prep Academy girls have offered to help with dance moves if we’ll help them with an original song.”

Sugarcoat folds her arms, smiling. “Combining our talents is the most logical thing to do.”

Sunny Flare grins. “We’ll make one epic music video together.”

Rarity looks to us. “So, what do you guys think? Are you in?”

I look to the other girls, who seem uncertain… aside from Pinkie Pie, who’s wearing a huge smile before cheering, “Best! Music! Video! Idea ever!”

“I say we go for it,” I agree, looking around. “It is the smartest idea and, really, it’s not like any of us have any better options, do we?”

So, after some quick finalizing, we all do the video and it’s great… though I did notice something odd.

While the rest of the CHS girls and I Pony Up as we sang and performed the video, Sci Twi was the only one of us who didn’t Pony Up.

Then again, I have noticed she isn’t quite as out of her shell as she probably could be. I think she just needs to feel fully comfortable with herself and, after this, I’m sure she’s on the right path.

Only question is, will she gets Alicorn wings when she Ponies Up, since her pony counterpart is an Alicorn, or does she have to earn her own wings?

Regardless, the video gets done sent in and, thankfully, we win the contest.

Turns out the Crystal Prep girls wanted to win because Principal Cadance agreed they could have their Spring Dance on a yacht, but they needed the money to rent the yacht, as Cadance wasn’t having the school pay for both the dance and the yacht.

Either way, the contest is won and now we have enough money for us CHS girls to go to Camp Everfree and the Crystal Prep girls have enough to have their dance on a yacht. It’s all good.

“So, we’ve two days before Everfree,” Sunset says as we and the Crystal Prep girls head into the food court for lunch, “any plans, Screwy?”

I think, before shrugging. “Eh. Equestria can last a few more days without me. I mean, it’s not like my being absent for just a little over a week could cause anything bad to happen, right?”

Sunset nods. “True. Not only does Equestria have Princess Twilight and her friends, but there’s her new student, Starlight and didn’t you say there’s a new Alicorn there?”

I wince, groaning as my body sags and I hold up two fingers. “Two, actually. Flurry Heart, Cadance’s kid and Blessed Moon, Luna’s. those two puny power houses would certainly give any foolish wannabe conqueror issues. And that’s just with them playing around.”

Sunset pauses before shuddering slightly at the thought, before nodding. “So, they’ll be fine. You can have a calm, relaxing time at Everfree with the rest of us and head back home with everything normal.”

Author's Note:

Okay, this took a little longer than I'd have liked, but I finally got this chapter done.

Ended up doing more of Dance Magic than I originally planned, but I at least didn't have to do it scene for scene, just the key ones.

So, yeah, Screwy and Sunset's conversation at the end there is in no way foreshadowing at all. nope. Nothing bad could possibly have happened in her absent whatsoever.

For an idea of what Screwball is wearing during the video and will wearing during normal visits to the Equestria Girls' world in the figure go here.


So, that's all done with. looking forward to finally getting to the events of Legends of Everfree. Let's just say Screwball will find reasons to keep her occupied from finding out about Gloriosa until the end thanks to a certain person she still has a beef with getting ahead of himself.

hope you enjoyed this and, til next time, later everypony

PreviousChapters Next