• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 32,860 Views, 2,555 Comments

It's A Screwed Up Life - Autum Breeze



Life can become very confusing when you go from working in a factory to waking up as a pony with Choas Magic. Wait. Did I say confusing? I meant FUN!

  • ...
116
 2,555
 32,860

PreviousChapters Next
Let the Shipping begin... Nopony Said This was Gonna Be Easy

Let the Shipping begin... Nopony Said This was Gonna Be Easy


___________________________________________________________

I groan, flopping down on my bed. Wow, was that a trying day. At least I’ve still got tomorrow off, so I won’t go to school completely wiped.


Let me back up a bit.

THE PREVIOUS DAY

To say Discord made it a tiring day would be the understatement of Equestria’s history. I had to explain the reasoning behind Discord’s release so many times before everypony got it, that I honestly wanted to rip my hair out.

I plod down the road towards the mansion, wanting badly to just relax. I’m so mentally drained I can’t even be bothered teleporting there. That’s how exhausting explaining it all was.

“I didn’t think it would be that big a deal.”

I stop, my face deadpanning as I look up to see a pair of eyes and a tooth on a street sign.

“You can’t just leave it alone, can you?” I ask flatly.

Discord squeezes out of the sign like a from a tube of toothpaste, coiling down before me, then hopping back up, looking like his normal self.

He looks away. “Sorry I... tried to steal your magic.”

I roll my eyes. “Yeah, I don’t believe you’re really reformed, Discord. Even Fluttershy’s not a miracle worker.”

He blinks in surprise. “Wait. How did you know I was released to be reformed by Fluttershy?”

I roll my eyes again and point to him, then my eyes. “You put the Chaos Magic in me and you’re asking how I know shit I shouldn’t, like how you used to be Starswirl the Bearded until you used your unfinished spell and it turned you into what you are now?”

Now horror enters his eyes and he shoots forward, putting his lion paw over my mouth, looking around frantically, before hissing, “Don’t just blab stuff like that out in the open! Yes, that spell is what changed me into what am now after I used it on myself, but don’t blab it so loud! Are you nuts?”

My eyes narrow as my mouth appears over his paw. “I’m not nuts, I’m Screwball.”

He pulls his paw back and my mouth is still on my face as I continue giving him a flat look.

I sigh. “Fine. Let’s just get this over with already. I’ve got better things to do than hang around you, Dissy.”

That causes him to raise an eyebrow in confusion. “Dissy?”

There’s a flash of light and we’ve teleported to a field several hundred miles away from Ponyville.

“Here, nopony will get in the way,” I state, switching to my human form, wearing orange shirt like Goku’s, only with my name on the front instead, and taking a fighting stance. “Let’s just do this already.”

He blinks, before laughing, falling over in the air. “Y-you- you want to fight me? Me, the Lord of Chaos?”

I snap my fingers, reenergising myself. “Come on.”

He stops laughing suddenly, straightens up and gives a sneer. “Very well, Screwball. Let’s fight.”

I leap forward, my right arm pulled back for a punch. Discord just snaps his fingers and a wall appears before me.

teleport through it, reappearing behind him, causing him to glance back in shock.

“Kamehameha!” I say really fast, my hands pressed together and aimed at his face.

It happens too fast for him to teleport and he tumbled around, skidding along the ground. Then he’s behind me and grasps me in his eagle paw.

I turn my head around like an owl and fire an Energy Wave from my mouth.

Discord screams as it hit him in the eyes. He releases me and I drop to the ground. “Here’s some DBZ for ya, Dissy.”

He shakes his head to clear his eyes and glances down, only to get an uppercut to the face, sending him hurtling into the air, where I teleport up and start with a barrage of punches and kicks, doing the Dragon Ball Z blur fists.

With a final punch I send him soaring down, only to feel something looming above me.

Suddenly, he’s in front of me, I snarl at his face as bunch of boulders come flying at me.

I maneuver around them, before flying up into the sky, holding my arms up, a giant Spirit Bomb appearing, I tossing it down. A quick snap of my fingers and his feet are encased in cement. This distraction is enough that the Spirit Bomb comes down on him, causing a massive explosion, leaving the surrounding area a chard land.

“Nice try, daughter,” a deep growl causes me to whirl around, only to find my lower half held in his gripping eagle talon again and I’m somehow a pony again. “Now, how about we end this?”

I smirk. “Sure.” I lift my hands up to my beanie and pull it off, holding it out to Discord like it’s a laser and Fluttershy flies out.

She looks confused for a moment, which is fine as her appearance has thrown Discord’s concentration off, but then she gives him a very disapproving look.

“Discord. How dare you? You told me you think of Screwball like your daughter and I find you fighting her?”

I find great amusement at the flustered look on Discord’s face as he tries to backtrack, clearly still not understand why she came out of my beanie in the first place. “I... well... that is... listen, it’s not...”

I just lean back in the air in an armchair, with a bag of popcorn and enjoy the show.

“You told me you wouldn’t be cruel to anypony again and here I find you trying to fight your own daughter?” Fluttershy scolds, her forelegs folded.

“To be fair, she’s no pushover. She did some things even I’ve never thought of,” Discord tries to defend himself, and from the look in his eyes after speaking, he realizes he just admitted I outsmarted him and the displeasure it gives him is delicious.

Fluttershy’s eyes narrow. “You were still trying to hurt somepony and your own daughter at that. I’m disappointed in you Discord.”

Ouch. The look in his eyes when she says that. He may not be fully reformed yet, but the only friend you’ve ever had saying they’re disappointed in you? Ooh, that’s gotta sting.

“Now, I suggest you go and think about what you’ve done and we’ll meet for afternoon tea, tomorrow,” Fluttershy says pointing off in no direction in particular.

Discord slumps, gives me a dirty look, then teleports away.

I make my armchair and popcorn vanish, as well as return the land to normal again. Floating over to Fluttershy, I hold out a hoof. “Thanks for giving me the okay to do that whenever he’s getting too annoying.”

She turns around, smiling sheepishly. “Oh, that’s okay, Screwball. Though, knowing everything that was going on so suddenly like that is a little unnerving. Plus, I had hoped we wouldn’t be doing that so soon. I guess, since it’s only the first real day, he’s just off to a rocky start. I’m sure Discord will get much better before long.”

Yeah. Until Tirek convinces him to be a dick again. But, I’ll leave her to be happy for now.

“Um, can you send me back now?” she asks, blushing a little. “Angel and I were cleaning up the house when you pulled me here.”

“Sure, no problem,” I hold out my beanie and she’s sucked back in, returning her to her cottage. I put my beanie back on my head, yawn, and teleport back home for some rest.

THIS MORNING

I’m awoken by a scroll flopping onto my face. Sitting up and levitating it, I open the note and read down.

Seconds later I bound out of bed. Luna’s arranged lunch with Rarity and Blueblood is today and it’s already past 11am. No way I’m I missing this.

I barrel downstairs, give a good morning to everypony, a pie in the face to Spoiled as I grab a snack by poofing up some chocolate filled croissants for brunch and head out to Canterlot.

A quick teleport as I munch down on my food and I find myself standing next to Luna. Gotta say, I’m impressed. She doesn’t even flinch when I just am suddenly next to her. The only time Celestia didn’t at least blink in shock was when I came to her room after that day I went around pranking the nobles.

“Good day, Screwball. Are you ready?”

I nod, smirking. “I’ve nothing planned today, so I’ll hang around, invisible. I wanna see how this goes. You neglected to tell Blueblood Rarity will be joining you both?”

The Alicorn nods, a sly smile on her own lips. “Nor have I informed Lady Rarity of such, either.” Her expression worries, just a tad. “Are you sure this will work?”

I nod, before scratching my neck anxiously. “Well, to be honest, no. But, seeing as your nephew isn’t the giant dick I originally thought he was and seemed genuinely upset after he learned Rarity had actually wanted to get to know him, not his money, I feel he deserves a second chance.”

“My nephew is not whom I worry about in this,” Luna says, looking uncertain. “Whilst I know he is a good stallion at heart...”

I sigh, looking away. “Yeah. Rarity still thinks he’s a colossal cunt.”

Luna’s eyes widen.

I sigh again. “Sorry. Keep forgetting how disconcerting it is for other ponies to hear me talk like that.” Though that’s namely because I speak that way with Spoiled whenever she ticks me off. So, pretty much whenever she and I interact. I shake my head and look to Luna. “Listen, I know Rarity’s current views of Blueblood are... less than flattering, but I’m sure it’s just butthurt from how she felt after the way he treated her at the gala. We just need to make sure things go so she at least sees he’s a good stallion.”

“You believe this one meeting will allow them to be a couple as both would prefer it in their hearts?”

I shake my head. “I’m not looking to make a miracle here, Luna. Getting them on friendly terms with each other is more what I’m going for right now. That can lead to a relationship later, but to expect it to happen right away is really unrealistic. Even Discord would agree with me on that. It’s not like this is a show for little girls.”

Luna looks at me for a few moments, before sighing. “Very well. Are you sure you won’t need to interfere?”

I shake my head. “From what I’ve seen of your nephew, he’ll be fine. I’ve no doubt Rarity will be rude to him at first, but when she sees he’s honest about being sorry for how he treated her, whilst it might not break the ice, it will have melted it a little.”

___________________________________________________________

“So, who is this other important guest you invited, Auntie Luna?” Prince Blueblood asks as he and Luna are seated in a private dining room, himself clearly trying to hide his displeasure at the idea of entertaining some full of themself high society pony.

Like most castle dining rooms, it is ridiculously large. I even had a game of Quitich with several copies of myself up there whilst I waited for things to finally start going.

The walls are covered in designs reminiscent of Greek architecture, but then that’s the way the show was originally designed anyway. Tall pillar with Greek patterning and not so Greek chandeliers hanging from above.

The table isn’t as long and ridiculous to the point that if one pony sat on one end and another pony the other, they’d have to shout to hear each other. It is wide, but only to a degree that at least ten others could be seated along with Luna, Blueblood and their other guest.

The table itself is covered in fine foods, like free salads of several different kinds, cakes and pastries of several kinds, including what I know is Moon Cake, a milk and white chocolate cake that, whilst cake in general is Celestia’s big weakness with food, Moon Cake is Luna’s.

Plates of artistically arrange fruits and vegetables were lain out on the table, not super, overly the top fancy, like at say the gala or at the parties put on by those of the Canterlot Elite who just want to flaunt how well off they are, but fancy enough that you know this isn’t just a simple lunch meeting.

Suddenly there is a loud sound from outside and the ornate double doors opened, revealing an alabaster mare wearing a gorgeous, yet subtle yellow gown, her purple mane curled more than ususal in a very fancy style, similar to when she becomes crystallized in the Crystal Empire.

Blueblood’s eyes widen at the sight of her in that smitten way a stallion’s does when they see an amazingly beautiful mare, which is followed by recognition as he quickly stands, trying to keep his jaw from hanging open.

“L-Lady Rarity?”

Rarity pauses as the doors close, her eyes falling upon the other unicorn and her expression sours. “Oh, it’s you.”

My heart goes out to Blueblood as he wilts from that response. Ouch, that had to hurt. Then again, nopony said this was going to be easy.

As Rarity moves to take her seat, however, Blueblood lights his horn and pulls it out for her.

She pauses, glancing at him suspiciously... and I can kinda understand why. She has no real reason to trust him right now and besides, that’s the beginning of one of the greatest pranks you can pull back when you were a kid.

But, after a few moments of him giving an anxious smile and her finally deciding he wasn’t going to pull anything, she sniff, then takes her seat. “I see you’ve at least acquired some manners since the gala.”

And once again Rarity’s words make Blueblood wilt. I glance at Luna and see her levitate a cup of tea and take a sip. Okay, I know she isn’t okay with how sad Blueblood is and knows that he’s trying to make up for how he treated Rarity, so I’ve gotta give her props for her acting.

Lunch begins and... well, to say it feels awkward would be the biggest understatement since “Spoiled is a horrible mother”.

“So, Rarity, have you any plans regarding Canterlot in the near future?” Luna asks, before taking a bit of a portion of a very fancy looking penne cabonara.

Rarity wipes her lips delicately with a napkin, before looking to the princess and smiling. “This summer I shall be entering a fashion contest hosted by Prim Hemline.”

Luna smiles. “I look forward to seeing your new designs.”

Rarity politely chuckles. “Oh, thank you, princess. I do hope I can win. I’m actually developing my own special fabric, just for the contest.”

“You managed to create a whole new design of fabric?” Blueblood blinks, shocked and impressed.

Rarity’s happy smile thins quickly as she glances at him. “Indeed, I am in the development.”

I can’t help feeling bad for Blueblood as I munch on a chocolate croissant from a plate I’d noticed near Luna. I have a feeling she knew I was in the mood for those today and had some arranged just for me to eat, even though I am like the fly on the wall of this lunch.

Blueblood wilts a little bit, before glancing at Luna and getting a glance to indicated her pushing him to talk. He takes a deep breath, then looks to Rarity, whilst not meeting her eyes. “Lady Rarity, I...” He sighs, and tries again. “I am sorry that our last encounter was... well, my behavior was putrid, to put it mildly.”

I facehoof. Aw, crap, Blueblood. No. No, that is not what you should’ve said at all.

Rarity’s eyes narrow, proving my point. “Our last encounter? Do you mean to tell me you don’t even remember several weeks before Discord escaped?”

Blueblood blinks, looking confused and I just shake my head. This will not go well.

Rarity narrows her eyes further and sits up straighter. “Well, then, let me remind you, your highness, that we have interacted once before today that was not at the gala.”

That causes Blueblood to cock his head. Dude, digging your own grave here. Please remember before she has to spell it out.

His lack of understanding just seems to make Rarity angrier. “Then allow me to clarify; the mare you asked to come and christen one of the new Sky Ships? The one you were told through the grapevine that was the talk of Canterlot?”

Blueblood frowns slightly, glancing down, before he looks up again, his eyes widened in understanding and shock. “You mean, I—?”

“Yes!” Rarity snaps, glaring coldly at him. “I was that mare. How you didn’t even recognize me I would question, but considering your arrogant behavior at the gala, I honestly don’t know why I am the least bit surprised!”

Blueblood wilts once more, his ears splaying down on his head.

A cough causes them and myself to look to Luna, who has a neutral expression. “Rarity, whilst I will agree, I am disappointed to know my nephew failed to remember you from your previous encounter,” I really hope Luna’s going somewhere with this, as the saddened expression the stallion gets after those words is not encouraging, “have you never thought to ask as to just why he behaved as he did during the gala?”

“Well, no,” Rarity said with only the slightest bit of hesitation, before looking to Blueblood. “However, one cannot be blamed when they were treated as poorly as I on that night.”

Luna just nods ever so slightly. “True, but mayhap you could ask now? Tia has told me something quite interesting that you yourself might find quite surprising.”

Rarity gave Blueblood a skeptical look, but nodded. “Very well, princess. Your highness?”

Blueblood realized she was referring to him now and sat up. He cleared his throat, before taking a deep breath and began.

“Well, as you can imagine, being a member of royalty is something many ponies are envious of, so much so that ponies are willing to do whatever they can to become a part of royalty or high in society.”

Rarity looks away with a glare, and I have a hunch she’s remembering a certain pair of unicorns who had insulted Ponyville after thinking her hat had looked lovely until learning of its origins.

“Yes. I can believe that very easily.”

Blueblood nods and they share a moment of similar-minded thinking, before he continues. “Well, let’s just say that, in my foalhood, I had very few friends.”

“With the state of your manners at the gala, that doesn’t surprise me at all,” Rarity mutters, though thankfully, it seems Blueblood didn’t hear her. The slight frown from Luna, however, indicates that she did.

“That is not to say I did not try,” Blueblood continues, unaware of Rarity’s snipe. “No, I would go out and try to make friends whenever I could.” He sighs, looking away. “However, every time I thought I had made a friend, I quickly learned from their words that they were only interested in the fact that I am a prince and not the idea of being my actual friend. After several years of it, I gave up for the most part, trusting only ponies my auntie recommended to me.

One friend I made was a stallion by the name of Fancy Pants, whom I found enjoyed his high society life, but was very interested in those in rural towns.”

Now Rarity is paying attention. “You and Fancy Pants are friends?”

He nods, looking slightly embarrassed. “We got into quite the trouble when we could. Auntie Tia took it all in good fun, but the guards and other high up ponies were not so pleased.”

Rarity gets a slightly misty look and I kept help wondering what antics from her own past she’s thinking of.

“Throughout my foalhood, Fancy, his friend Fleur and the maids were the only real friends I had,” the prince goes on. “When we started getting older, I noticed more mares were trying to meet me and being friendly towards me. Auntie Tia told me to be cautious, as she had been dealing with them during her court and turning them away when they would, in what she called very unsubtlety, demand that I be engaged to one of their daughters.”

“Nobles wishing to brown-nose themselves without too much trouble, I imagine,” Rarity says stiffly.

Blueblood nods. “When that didn’t work, they used their own daughters to try and get to me. At first, I allowed my young mind to runaway with me and convinced myself that sometimes the mares were actually interested in me... however, it soon became obvious from how they reacted around the castle staff when they thought I couldn’t tell that I saw their kindness was but a lie.”

He sighs, looking exhausted.

“It soon became routine for me; a lovely mare would approach me, looking as beautiful as she possibly could. We would talk, seem on good terms, but then they would slip and I would see through their act to their true intentions, marry into the crown to live easier lives, without having to try as hard as many others do just to live normal lives.”

Another sigh and he looks to her apologetically. “Which, I’m ashamed to say, is how I saw you that night at the gala, Lady Rarity.”

Rarity sits up straighter, clearly taken aback by that. “Miou?”

He nods, smiling slightly. “I had just several moments ago set away another mare. After so long dealing with mares only interested in my royalty and not myself as a pony, I had developed a method for getting rid of them without too much hassle. What turns a mare off from a stallion, regardless of their wealth or power quickly?”

Rarity blinks. “When... she finds the stallion is one she wouldn’t actually want to be with.”

He nods again, a little eagerness entering his smile. “I had learned after so long to tell when a mare isn’t interested in me per say. They tend to flirt, laugh at anything I say, even when I myself know it isn’t that funny and finally, they always come wearing outfits that look like they were made in the finest clothing store in Canterlot. So, whenever I encountered a mare I could tell was like that, I would act like I thought so highly of myself that I’d fit right in with the nobles that see themselves as only bettered by the princesses themselves.”

Rarity blinks, before frowning slightly and glancing at Luna. “Princesses? But...”

“Cadance,” she chuckles. “With myself not accountable at the time, she and Celestia were the only Alicorn princesses, thus the highest of royal status.”

Rarity looks back to Blueblood as he nods. “It always works. I never met a mare willing to hang around me when I acted as such for more than a few minutes.” His expression saddens a little and he looks down. “At least, until I met you, Lady Rarity.”

Rarity cocks an eyebrow. “Me? I... what do you mean?”

He sighs, before looking to her without lifting his head. “I had just dealt with another mare whom was only interested in my status, so I was still feeling a bit bitter, I suppose at having encountered such a pony again.”

Rarity nods slightly, her brow creasing. “Yes, such ponies are not ones anypony cannot leave behind and not feel sour after encountering.”

He takes a sip of his a sip of his drink before continuing. “Well, whilst her dress was nowhere near as amazing as your own, it was similar in how expensive it looked. And, with how beautiful you had made yourself to look and how expensive you gown was, I assumed you were just like all the other mares and you had been waiting to meet with me after I sent that other mare away.”

Rarity nods slowly, then frowns. “Now, hold on a minute. I’ll have you know that gown I wore was created by the combined efforts of my friends to cheer me up after I was left feeling horrible and unwilling to finish it myself.”

Blueblood sits up, looking taken aback. “You mean, it wasn’t bought?”

Rarity huffs, tossing her head back. “Far from it. I would never wear something just because it is the most expensive-looking outfit. Such things are for ponies just trying to make themselves look better than they actually are.” Then under her breath, though I make sure Blueblood will be able to hear, “Like a certain pair of unicorns I had the misfortune of meeting during that week in Canterlot where we met, yet you forgot.”

As much as it is a dig at him again, I can tell from his expression he chose to ignore it and focused more on her emotions towards the unicorns she mentioned.

However, Rarity then blinks, before looking at him with a slight bit of shock in her eyes. “Wait, so, you were only acting the way you did around me...?”

He nods, his shamed expression returning. “I thought you wouldn’t care about who I am, only what I am. So I acted as stuck-up as I could to make you want to go away. I didn’t expect you to keep trying; I just thought you were really persistent.”

Rarity frowns then, before pointing a hoof at him. “Then what about when you tasted one of Applejack’s apple fritters? You spat it out and dared to call it, if I recall, common carnival fair! What do you have to say to that?”

A different expression passes over Blueblood at the mention of that, a look of longing mixed with sadness. “Oh, how I wished I’d not done that,” he sighs, slumping forward, leaning his head on the table in a very unprince-like manner. “I... it was so...”

Luna chuckles, causing Rarity to turn to her. “What my nephew means, dear Rarity, is that he hated that part probably the most whilst under the impression you were just another gold digger. Have you not thought as to whom has been making so many large orders from Sweet Apple Acres since the gala, especially when it came to the fritters?”

Rarity’s mouth hangs open for a few moments, before her head moves from Luna to the prince. “But— Do you mean—? Are you telling me that—?”

Luna nods, a smirk on her face. “As much as I have had to keep an eye on my sister’s affections for cakes, I am also having to have the castle staff keep an eye on my dear nephew’s consumption of products from Sweet Apple Acres.”

“So fresh and crisp,” Blueblood murmurs, clearly not speaking to anypony, just thinking out loud. “And the blending of the apples and the cinnamon... It was just so... so...”

A cough from Rarity causes the prince to yelp like a colt and he sits up straight, his cheeks red with embarrassment.

“So, if I am to understand everything right, you wish to apologize for your behaviour and you wish us to start anew?” the unicorn mare asks, giving him a small smile.

He looks down, cheeks still flushed red as he nods.

She gives a light chuckle. “Very well, then. I’ll be generous enough to give you another chance, Prince Blueblood. Oh, and one more thing,” she glancing towards Luna, her smile becoming wry. “You can show yourself, Screwball.”

I’m taken so aback I drop onto the table, landing in a pot of cheese fondo. Once I’ve got my bearings, I pop my head out and shake it, before looking to Rarity with an open mouth.

“How...? How did you...?”

Prince Blueblood is looking just as shocked as I am, though his shock is likely more due the fact that he has just found out somepony else was here the entire time without him knowing.

Rarity’s smile somehow becomes wrier, if that’s possible. “Please, darling. My talent is having an eye for details. I noticed how, despite none of us having gone for them, the plate of chocolate croissants were gradually lessening in amount. And knowing your affection for sweets like Discord, it wasn’t too hard to figure out.”

I... I... I’m impressed. That is not something I was expecting.


From there, things go a lot better. I join in lunch and spend the time chatting with Luna, whilst we leave Rarity and Blueblood to talk amongst themselves. It is quite endearing to see them talking about how they dislike so many of the high society ponies like Jet Set and Upper Crust to name a few.

At the end of it all, when Blueblood asks if Rarity would want to go out sometime for maybe a coffee or something, she agrees in a friendly manner, though says she’d choose the place they go.

NOW

And that’s brings us back to the present. Yeah, handling all that turned out to be way more tiring than I expected.

After I got home, I had dinner with Diaomond and Daddy (Spoiled sadly could not make it due to being at a school board meeting late), so we had a nice, family meal together, before i brushed my teeth, had a shower, all the usual before bed stuff you do, then teleported in here.

I sigh, letting my eyes close. Part of me is trying to remind me that, with Rarity and Blueblood maybe on their way to being a couple, I’m slightly risking the timeline, not to mention how Spike will feel when he finds out, but I know several prime waifu material for the little guy that will be more appropriate for him to go after.

Still, that can wait. I needs my Zs.

Author's Note:

Finally! three days worth of writing and it's finally done.

I am sorry for how long it took to get this chapter out, but it's REALLY HARD writing a scene where you have to establish to Rarity of all ponies, that Blueblood isn't a complete dick. i respect those who can write good RarBlood ship fics, because this was bloody hard to do.


also, if you wanna have an idea as to the fighting music you could listen to during Screwball and Discord's battle, i recomend the music from Goku's fight with Nappa (at least i think that's where it's from; i'm basing that suggestion on The Fiery Joker's review of the season 4 finale during the epic DBZ fight scene between twilight and tirek).

So, now that that's finally out of the way, i can move on two Equestria Girls and season 4 (Screwball will miss most of Magical Mystery Cure due to visiting her other self).

Hope you enjoyed this (espeically my attempts to make up for the small amount of conflict i had happen during Screwball and Discord's first meeting) and, til next time, goodnight everypony

PreviousChapters Next