• Published 30th Dec 2015
  • 32,861 Views, 2,555 Comments

It's A Screwed Up Life - Autum Breeze



Life can become very confusing when you go from working in a factory to waking up as a pony with Choas Magic. Wait. Did I say confusing? I meant FUN!

  • ...
116
 2,555
 32,861

PreviousChapters Next
Reject Sailor Moon Villain vs Toei Hero Parody. Because why not?

Reject Sailor Moon Villain vs Toei Hero Parody. Because why not?

___________________________________________________________

I watch Twilight and the others walk off through the castle halls, Starlight alongside them.

They all discussed it and decided the best way to help Starlight is for Twilight to mentor Starlight in friendship like Celestia had her.

I just hope Twilight doesn’t mentor her the exact same way Celestia did, sending Starlight out to fight demonized ponies corrupted by Dark Magic or the like.

Yeah, Celestia’s teaching methods are kind of fucked up, when you really think about it.

I shake my head, putting that out of mind and preparing to snap my fingers (I’m currently in my Anthro form, because I felt like it) to teleport to the EQG world. Wonder when I’ll get there. Along with seeing how the Friendship Games are going, I’ve someone to drop off.

___________________________________________________________

I sigh as I sit on a bench not too far from Canterlot High.

Man, my last two teleports have been a bit rough. I had to time travel so I was before the events of Friendship Games and I think my body is sick of the time travel and wants a rest from it for a while, because, when I landed, it felt like someone had punched me in the gut.

Anyway, when I arrived, I went straight to where Sonata and Aria had set up their new life and handed them their sister back.

Adagio was very shaken up by her rehab and was very sincere when she promised never to be cruel or evil again. I even made her Pinkie Promise, just to be sure… though Cheese Legs did find a way around that. Still, I doubt the tone deaf siren could do much to get around it like that one did.

Once the sirens were all set, I teleported back to CHS… which is why I’m now sitting on this bench, letting myself rest.

I think, as long as I don’t do any teleports or time jumps for a few hours, maybe a day, I’ll be fine.

Guess even a being of Chaos will feel some side effects of jumping around in a muddled mess of the space time continuum. Plus the fact I’m still getting used to the power boast from absorbing the magic of the me from the Discord timeline.

I’m half-heartedly listening to Dean Cadance’s commentary on round 2, but you can’t blame me for not paying full attention. Restoring your own magical stabilities isn’t exactly a walk in the park.

Suddenly, I’m jerked back to reality by a magical disturbance. I recognize it too. The feeling when another’s magic is being drained.

Oh, boy. Looks like Sci-Twi’s accidently stealing AJ’s magic. Time to move my keester.

Apparently I forgot my own advice from earlier, beucase I stupidly teleport to the field, at once being hit with nausea. It takes about a minute to shake it off and when I look up, the plants from the Everfree Forest are on full attack.

At once, I see several vines heading towards the stands. A wave of my arm and a crystalline wall surrounds the stands full of students, just as the plants lunge. When they make contact they scream and shrivel up.

Putting that aside, I make a flaming weed whacker form in my right hand and shoot forward, slicing through the head of a plant that was aiming for Sugarcoat, while Dash follows after Sunset, before moving to save that Diet Lightning Dust girl who’s name escapes me right now.

As the head of the plant I got bursts into flames, reducing to ashes as it nears Sugarcoat, the girl just stares at me in shock and confusion… which is when I realize I’m floating in the air. Whoops. Then again, Dash just sprouted wings, so is a floating child really all that surprising to this girl?

Several plants, seeing no way of getting to the students in the stands, turn their attention towards the four school heads and lunge out towards them.

I shoot forward, swinging my weapon as Dash flies by me, knocking a plant right into my line of sight, ending its existence.

“Screwball?” she asked, shocked to see me.

I wink. “Hey. Thought I’d come join the fun. Man, school events just aren’t like they used t’ be, huh?”

The Wonderbolts are declared the winners, with Dean Cadance then calling everyone to the gym, my crystalline protection wall shimmering away to let them go.

“Is everybody alright?” Applejack asks as the rest of the group comes over, before noticing me. “Screwball? What in the hay are you doin’ here?”

I shrug, pocketing my flaming weed whacker and snickering at the dumbfounded look I get for defying the laws of physcis in such a way. “Had to drop off my inmate. She served her time. Then I popped by to see how the games were going. Since when did avoiding killing plants from the Everfree Forest become a part of the school’s sports regime?”

“They weren’t,” Dash shakes her head, landing. “And we’re better than alright, AJ. We won!”

The other girls all cheer.

Sunset pulls off her helmet, her expression strained. “Yeah, we won. But somebody could’ve been seriously hurt! Heck, if Screwball hadn’t come along, how do we know Dash would’ve been able to handle those plants all on her own?”

Hmm. Hate to admit it, but Sunset has a point. The plants didn’t go after Sugarcoat a second time in the movie, nor did they go after the school heads. Dash wouldn’t have been able to save them without my intervening.

Sunset throw her arms in the air. “The magic is going haywire and I’ve no clue how ta fix it!”

“Um... excuse me,” a voice says, causing us to turn to see Sci-Twi was standing nearby, holding the pednant that sucks out magic.

At once I teleport back several feet, ignoring the discomfort of it.

When the others all look back at me with confusion and I call, “I’m not taking any chances. You’ll see in a sec!”

I watch and listen from a distance, til Rainbow, grinning, walks towards the girl and I know says, “That’s okay. Neither do we.”

“Oh no!” Twilight cries as the pendant levitates and pulls her a bit closer towards Rainbow Dash. “No, no-no-no! Not again!”

I watch from my position as Rainbow’s magic is sucked out of her into the pendant.

Sunset rushes forward, grabbing Rainbow as she drops to her knees, looking drained.

I watch as a rift opens up above us. Frowning, I stretch my senses out a little. Huh. That feels like the Nightmare Moon timeline. Yikes. Better get that closed before she sees it… not that Nightmare would have much power here, but that would still screw with the timeline as Twi and I were in it.

Oh, I do not need to worry about meeting another version of me.

That’s actually how the Changeling timeline wasn’t dead. In my own future, I travel back to that world and keep the day and night cycle going until Twi and my past self free the princesses.

“You’re supposed to be so smart,” Sunset’s voice pulls me back into the present, “but did you ever think you shouldn’t be messing with things you don’t understand?”

Sunset forces the pendant closed and the hole in the sky closes up, leaving the sky as empty and blue as before, as if no opening between the worlds had ever opened there.

“But I wanna understand—” Tears are welling in Sci-Twi’s eyes.

“But you don’t!” Sunset cuts the lavender girl off, pushing the pendant down. “And worst of all, you put the lives of my friends in danger!”

“I’m sorry,” Sci-Twi says, taking a step back. “I didn’t mean to.” With that she runs off, sobbing.

“Twilight, wait!” Spike calls, running after her.

Sunset stands, fuming, but when Rainbow Dash puts a hand on her shoulder, her expression blanks for a moment, before she face-palms.

“Yeah…” I say slowly, coming over. “That could’ve gone better.”

“And why didn’t you try t’ help?” AJ demands, hands on her hips.

I scowl. “You saw what just happened with RD’s magic and that pendant. Do you honestly wanna risk adding my Chaos Magic to the mix in that thing?”

They all stand there for a moment, before shuddering.

Yeah, that’s best not even left to the imagination. I’d hate to see what Midnight Sparkle would do with Chaos Magic, combined with the rest of the magic she will already have.

“You can’t possibly call that a fair race,” my attention is drawn to Cinch. I indicate to the girls and we start heading over.

“Principal Cinch, we all saw what happened,” Principal Celestia says as we get close. “You can’t think CHS had some kind of advantage.

Cinch raises an eyebrow. “Can’t I? Even without your trained attack plants, your students have wings!”

“Wings that weren’t used to win the race,” I cut in glaring, popping into being right in front of Cinch, causing her to step back in shock. This always bugged me, even if it made sense with how evil this bitch is. “In case you missed it, when Rainbow sprouted her wings, she stopped being in the race. Sunset is the one who crossed the finish line, not Dash. Why? Because she and I were saving your students asses, along with your own! Hell, it was one of your students who unleashed those plants on the field, not ours! If anyone had the unfair advantage, it was your school, Cinch!”

“Well, the race certainly had some... extenuating circumstances,” Celestia puts a hand on my shoulder, getting me to stop, clearly wanting to keep things from escalating. “Perhaps we should end the games now and declare a tie.”

Cinch scoffs. “A tie? Was this your strategy all along? To force us into accepting you as equals? I think not. The games will continue and Crystal Prep will prevail despite your antics and whatever performance-enhancing regimen your students are on.”

With that, she walks off, myself making a mental note to fill her car with tar later.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t stop all this from happening,” Sunset says, coming up to Celestia.

Celestia shakes her head. “It’s not your fault, Sunset.”

Sunset sighs. “Isn’t it? I should know how to control the magic I brought here. But I don’t. I let everyone down.” She scowls. “And now Principal Cinch thinks we’re cheating.”

Yeah, even with the facts put out in front of her. Guess she really only cares about winning, no matter what and ignores all evidence to any wrong doings that could’ve been done on her school’s part.

Principal Celestia puts a hand on Sunset’s shoulder. “It doesn’t matter what Principal Cinch thinks.”

Sunset shakes it off. “But it does. The students here at CHS don’t just wanna win. They wanna beat Crystal Prep. It isn’t gonna count if the other side doesn’t really think they lost. Crystal Prep is never gonna believe we won fair and square if there’s magic around. And that magic is only around... because of me.”

___________________________________________________________

“Since the score’s tied, the final event will determine the winner of the Friendship Games,” Cadance says into the mic.

I’m sitting next to Diamond and Silver, watching as the final part in this all plays out. I’m watching the Shadowbolts side.

By the looks of it, they’re about to get into Unleash the Magic.

I ignore everything else around me, my eyes narrowed at the distant form of Cinch. I can hear what she’s saying and, especially now, it’s really irritating me. Talking about how CHS cheated with magic and how it’s only fair they do the same to even the playing field… when CHS hasn’t cheated at all. Them using magic to win this final event would be an unfair advantage because they’d be using it solely for the games, whereas CHS used it to save the students.

As the song goes on, however, I find myself cocking an eyebrow in shock as something hits me that I hadn’t realized before. During the song, Cinch says she only gets a few good students like Twilight... in a way that implies she sees the other students in her school as below Sci-Twi’s level.

The fuck, man? Why aren’t her students noticing this and getting offended? Sheesh.

As Twilight moves to open the locket, I get up.

“Screwy?” Diamond looks up at me in confusion.

“Sorry, sis,” I say, floating up into the air. “Gotta deal with another magical disaster about to happen.”

I fly down just as Sunset starts running to stop Sci-Twi. Of course, we arrive too late, the shock wave from the magic knocking me back and disorienting me for a moment.

“Heeeeeeeeeelllllllp... meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” I shake my head to clear my thoughts in time to see Sci-Twi finish being sucked into the sphere of unstable magic, crying out a grunt as she’s fully enveloped.

When the sphere fades, Midnight Sparkle is floating in the air. She cackles, before looking to Sunset. “You were right! I didn’t understand magic before, but I do now!”

She charges her horn, firing a blast of magic from her hand, destroying the Wondercolts statue, opening a rift that reveals…

Sunset’s eyes widen. “Equestria!”

The magical cracks spread down to the ground, moving along the pavement until it’s underneath us and we all leap out of the way as Midnight fires another blast where we’d just been standing.

“Twilight, you can’t do this!” Sunset calls out.

Midnight smirks at her. “Why not?! There’s a whole other world right there, and it’s just filled with magic!” she finishes by blasting another rift, narrowly avoiding hitting Celestia.

Sunset indicates to the newly opened rift. “But you’re destroying this world to get it!”

Midnight’s smirk deepens. “So what? There’s more magic there, and I want to understand it all!

She fires a blast at the ground, causing a gaping hole to open up, revealing an above view of Ponyville.

Thinking fast, I create a duo of Indiana Jones whips and grab several students that were going to fall in and yanking them all back, while the Crystal Prep students help those I missed.

“This isn’t the way!” after setting the students I saved safely aside, I look to see Sunset giving her big speech.

It ends with her pooling the magic of her friends together and turning into her Madoka Form.

Midnight stares for a moment, then grins. “Do you really think you can stop me, all on your own?”

Sunset shakes her head. “As long as I have my friends, I’m never own my own.”

“Plus, she’s not the only one you’ll be up against, Midnight,” I step forward, reaching into my pocket and pulling out a single card. At the same time, a metallic belt appears around my waist in a slew of bubbles.

Midnight cocks an eyebrow.

“Henshin,” I call out, slipping the card into the belt’s slot and slamming it.

Kamen Rider: Choas! the computerized Japaneighs voice says, bubbles springing from the belt and spreading over me. When they all finish popping, it’s to reveal I’m now clad in my Kamen Rider Chaos armour, with all the power perks that come with it.

Midnight blinks in utter confusion, as does everyone else, including Sunset.

“Just who or what are you?” Midnight asks, confusion and curiosty blending together in her voice. Huh. Nice to know I was able to reach Sci-Twi with something so random.

Oh, she made that too easy.

“Just a passing through Kamen Rider,” I say, standing on one foot, grabbing a card from my belt and holding my arms in front of me like a puppy begging. “Remember that.”

I flick my hand holding the card, it flying into the belt.

Prank ride: Face Plant.

At once, Midnight finds herself dropping from the sky, smashing face first into the ground.

Midnight growls as she pushes herself up, her hands glowing with her magic, which she fires at me, which I dodge by flipping into the air, slipping a card into the belt as I do.

Prank ride: Hover.

Flames burst from my feet like the Ironman armour and I meet up with Sunset, who is still staring at me. “What…?”

I snicker, even though she can’t see it from under my helmet. “Choas, Sunny.”

“Enough!” we look down to see Midnight shoot up at us, her hands still glowing with magic.

Sunset’s hands glow with yellow magic and they shoot forward, colliding, blinding everyone else for a moment with the flash of light their impact creates.

When it fades, they both fly back, before storing up energy blasts for the DBZ laser fight.

I slip a card in, not wanting to be left out. Prank ride: DBZ Rip off!

I put my hands together, a sphere of orange energy forming. I join Sunset in firing it as Midnight fires hers. The energy beams makes contact.

For several moments, it seems strangely even. Huh. Midnight must be stronger than the movie let on.

“Twilight!” I hear just as Sunset starts to falter.

Glancing down, I see Spike’s looking up like he did in the movie… but Midnight isn’t noticing. Guess I’ll have to make her.

Being sure not to slacken my part in our combined energy blasts, I slip my right hand down and pull out a card, slamming it back in.

Prank ride: Bed Pan!

At once, a bed pan appears above Midnight’s had and drops down, forcing her to look downward and notice Spike.

“Spike,” she murmurs, her eyes returning to Sci-Twi’s for a second.

Sunset seems to notice this and increases her energy output. At once, Midnight seems to reassert herself… and something is different.

In the movie, Sunset is easily able to overpower Midnight after Spike awakens Sci-Twi’s consciousness. But, watching, though it’s clear Midnight is faltering enough that she’s not pushing Sunset back, she’s still in control of the situation.

Guess I’ll get to show off after all.

“Don’t let up,” I say, stopping my own contribution to the energy blast and leaping back through the air. “Wait for my single.”

“Okay,” Sunset grunts, a bead of sweat forming on her brow.

“You will never stop me!” Midnight growls, any humour she’d had about the situation gone as I see the strain on her face. She’s having to now fight both Sunset and the influence of Sci-Twi trying to regain control.

Well, I’m about to make that even harder for her.

Reaching a good couple feet back from the fight and high enough, I slip out my final card, with just has the symbol on my belt looking like it’s got energy bursting from behind it. I slam it into the belt.

Final Prank ride: C-C-C-C-CHAOS!

At once, I start spinning like a bottle top, bubbles, streaming and balloons popping into existence and swirling around me. After a few seconds, I shoot downward, my right foot stretched out.

“Now, Sunset!” I cry as a flash past her.

“What in the world—?” Midnight begins, only to be cut off as my foot makes contact with her stomach.

She grunts, stumbling back, barely maintaining her attack, her focus being further hindered by the barrage of balloon, bubbles and streamers that followed after me, giving Sunset the opening she needs for her power to overtake Midnight’s, creating a blinding white light to all save the three of us.

Next second, I’m floating over to Sunset as she, myself and Sci-Twi now in control of her currently Midnight formed body, float in an expanse of white.

“Take my hand, Twilight,” Sunset says, holding out a hand as the two of us float closer to her. “Let me show you there’s another way... just like someone once did for me.” She finishes that by giving a quick wink to me and I smirk under my helmet.

The light fades and the three of us are back to normal.

I smile at the exchange, even chuckling when Spike happily tackles Sci-Twi to the ground.

“Principal Celestia,” and angry voice calls out and all joy I was just feeling at getting to have fun as a Kamen Rider again and helping Sci-Twi turning into annoyance as I turn to see Cinch stomping up towards the Canterlot High heads. “On behalf of Crystal Prep, I demand that you forfeit the Friendship Games!” She indicates towards myself and Sunset. “Clearly, CHS has had unfair advantage for quite some time! And it’s certainly obvious that your students have been using magic for their own benefit!”

Yes, because saving your students from Hentai Plant monsters last round and then the very fabric of all reality this time round is unfairly using magic for CHS’ benefit and no one else’s.

God, it sounded stupid enough for her to say in the movie, but does she even hear herself?

Principal Celestia just deadpans, before smirking. “I’d like to think that saving the world benefits us all.”

“At least they didn’t manipulate Twilight into releasing all the stolen magic and turning into a power-crazed magical creature that tried to rip the world apart just to win a game,” Sugarcoat says, folding her arms.

There’s silence for a moment.

“Wow!” Pinkie says, looking shocked. “That’s a lot to take in when you say it all at once.”

And coming from any version of Pinkie, that’s saying something.

Cinch just glares. “That’s ridiculous!”

Spike deapans. “Nope, that’s pretty much what happened.”

Sour Sweet looks down in shame. “Actually, we’re all to blame.” Her expression immediately turns into a scowl. “Mostly it was her.”

Cinch’s right eye twitches, before she turns her glare back to Celestia. “Obviously my students have been infected with your magic, but I plan on taking all of this up with the school board!”

Celestia just smirks. “Good. I’m sure they would be very interested in hearing all about the magical students with wings who cheat by saving the lives of their opponents.”

“And, it’s not like they don’t already know we have magic at this school,” I grin, popping up, floating right in front of her face, causing the older woman to startle back several steps. I fold my arms. “Ya know, what with my mother being head of the board and knowing that we don’t use magic to our advantage in something as simple as a game. I’m sure she’ll totally ignore when my sister and I tell her what really happened, over your “They cheated with magic by saving my students and the world” excuse. Yeah. Sure that’ll go over well.”

Spike smirks from Sci-Twi’s arms “Because that would never ruin your reputation.”

Cinch looks around angrily, seeing that no one, not even any one of her own students, is going to back her up, before giving a very posh huffing and walks off.

___________________________________________________________

“I don’t care what Principal Cinch says,” Indigo Zap says as we bump fits outside the Crystal Prep bus. “It’s been more fun getting to know everyone at CHS than it ever was playing against them.”

Huh. Why did I just get a weird feeling. As if what Indigo just says was a reason for exemption from something. Eh. Probably nothing.

“Crystal Prep is definitely going to be a different place now,” Cadance says, smiling at me. “And I can’t help getting the feeling you’ve known something about this from the start, Screwball.”

I put my hands behind my head, whistling innocently. “I have no idea what you’re talking about, Cadance.” Then I smirk. “So, turns out I’, not the only one who was getting dirt on Cinch, huh?”

She gives a light smirk herself, before looking away. “I always knew things were going bad with Crystal Prep’s running the last couple years, but knowing she was willing to put Twilight’s future in danger?” a scowl passes over her face. “She crossed the line.”

I nod, waving. “Whelp, count on me coming for the court case. And good luck with Crystal Prep, Principal Cadance.”

I walk off, seeing Sci-Twi joining the girl’s by the portal and smile.

“Um… Screwball?” I pause and turn to see Diamond standing a little nearby, an uncertain look on her face. “There’s… there’s someone here who wants to meet you.”

I cock an eyebrow. “Um, okay. Who?”

She looks around a corner and nods.

As the person standing behind the corner comes out… my eyes widen. A well-aged woman with pink skin and purple hair, wearing a turquoise-blue dress steps forward, her greenish-blue eyes filled a compassion and kindness I have never ever scene.

“You’re Screwball, yes?” she asks tentatively. “You’re the reason my little Lilac is doing so well at last? And why my Diamond is able to shine her fullest again?”

I just stand there, like a deer in headlights. I… this is too soon. I… I’m not prepared for…

My eyes widen to their max when Spoiled steps forward and pulls me into a warm hug.

“I would be honoured if you’d spend the night at our house… and to call you my daughter too,” she murmurs softly.

I can’t respond. This… this hug. It… it’s warm… It’s been so long, I… I never thought I could feel such loving warmth ever again. The love… of a mother.

I fall into her embrace and return the hug, tears pooling in my eyes and sliding down my cheeks as a smile I can’t and wouldn’t fight comes to my face.

Author's Note:

And that's Friendship Games done with. Next chapter, i'm going a little off script for a reasonable explanation as to why a certain Alicorn Baby is never mentioned during a big event.

Screwy's gonna have fun with that.

Yes, i will have a small scene with Screwy and her EQG family together. look forward to that too.

Edit 8/2/2018: I'm surprised no one noticed the deleted scene from Friendship Games here, nor the joke about why Indigo Zap isn't in Dance Magic.


that's all for now. so, hope you liked this chapter and, til next time, later everypony

PreviousChapters Next